PDA

View Full Version : download problem

Boboeye
02-07-2011, 05:00 PM
I cant even get the download/ update to start on my Samsung Captivate. Am I doing something simple wrong?

I click the update and ok the download... and nothing else happens.

I downloaded other aps over the weekend with no problems

Olli Walli
02-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Try to download it from the web page. I had the same problem. I just went to this website on my phone and clicked the Android download icon. Worked for me

Boboeye
02-07-2011, 05:16 PM
When I click on the android market section on the pocket legends web site it still wont update. Is there anything else I am missing

Bgandyful
02-07-2011, 05:19 PM
I am having the same problem on my samsung vibrant

Tamino
02-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Update problem also on Galaxy Tab. Tried un-installing first, then unmounting the sd card, clearing market data and reinstalling, in all cases download starts, but stops after a few seconds.

asommers
02-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Try downloading the .APK from the website.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12738-PocketLegends.apk-now-available-for-those-without-market-access.

-ALS

Tamino
02-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Direct link works fine! Thanks!!

Pocket Legend
02-07-2011, 06:59 PM
My provider (AT&T) doesnt allow non-market downloads. Hopefully a fix is on the horizon for Samsung Captivate. Til then, still lurking the forums for more help. :)

rocknthesombrero
02-07-2011, 06:59 PM
So you're not planning on fixing this issue? AT&T only allows you to install apps from the market on the Captivate.

TheBirds
02-07-2011, 07:18 PM
I have the captivate as well... I tried uninstalling it then restarting the phone as well. And no luck! What's the deal? All I want to do is get the update and start playing and capping out again! And since it's an AT&T phone, it has to be downloaded from the market which stinks! So if any one has discovered a solution, please let me know ASAP!!! It's driving me insane not playing 1.7!!! I've been waiting for so long to not being able to play :'(

QTdee
02-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Same device, same problem.
I had already uninstalled it attempting to re-install it and now i can't get it back any more. :(
It sucks!!!
Hopefully they come up with a solution soon

ignaust
02-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Having the same problem with same phone; Samsung captivate, everything ran great until I had to upgrade today. Please help Devs I just bought all the dungeons and I can't play. Software on the Android market wont download, I uninstalled the program now I cant install the new version 1.7. :(

Pocket Legend
02-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Having the same problem with same phone; Samsung captivate, everything ran great until I had to upgrade today. Please help Devs I just bought all the dungeons and I can't play. Software on the Android market wont download, I uninstalled the program now I cant install the new version 1.7. :(

Me too. I hope it is being fixed. My day of playing PL has been cut short! ;-;

Razorclawz
02-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Have the captivate as well have contacted samsung and at&t and they only want me to master reset my device. No way to download directly from website since not from market it states its blocked. Contacted Samsung and they just want to master reset my device even though can download other apps from app store still. When trying to load 1.7 it says downloading then just shuts off. Have removed app and now wont let me add it back to device. Please Help!

Pocket Legend
02-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Have the captivate as well have contacted samsung and at&t and they only want me to master reset my device. No way to download directly from website since not from market it states its blocked. Contacted Samsung and they just want to master reset my device even though can download other apps from app store still. When trying to load 1.7 it says downloading then just shuts off. Have removed app and now wont let me add it back to device. Please Help!

Don't master reset your device, a lot of us are having the exact same problem. Devs are going to have to update it sooner or later, because there are loads of us waiting for it to be fixed.

Shaylyanarie
02-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Tried the download from here, didnt work :(
Samsung Captivate Galaxy S.
Is this just a Samsung problem? Seems like everyone with the problem has a Samsung.

Pocket Legend
02-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Tried the download from here, didnt work :(
Samsung Captivate Galaxy S.
Is this just a Samsung problem? Seems like everyone with the problem has a Samsung.

Yes. It seems everyone who is with AT&T cannot download the update. :<

TheBirds
02-07-2011, 09:36 PM
FYI: looked at the discription on the pocket legend DL on the market and it gave this:
Having trouble installing the latest version of Pocket Legends? Some devices fail to install large apps directly to sdcard.
Try the following:
1) Uninstall Pocket Legends
2) Unmount your sdcard
3) Clear your Marketplace cache and data in your applications manager
4) Download/Install Pocket Legends
5) Remount the sdcard
Then move Pocket Legends back to the sdcard (if you want).

Tried that but still no luck! It's driving me insane!! All I want to do is get 1.7 and start playing again and seeing all the new stuff. Hopefully by the time they get this problem fixed, I'm not far behind the rest of my friends! Even though I know it's already happening :'(

Loyal Servant
02-07-2011, 09:41 PM
FYI: looked at the discription on the pocket legend DL on the market and it gave this:
Having trouble installing the latest version of Pocket Legends? Some devices fail to install large apps directly to sdcard.
Try the following:
1) Uninstall Pocket Legends
2) Unmount your sdcard
3) Clear your Marketplace cache and data in your applications manager
4) Download/Install Pocket Legends
5) Remount the sdcard
Then move Pocket Legends back to the sdcard (if you want).

Tried that but still no luck! It's driving me insane!! All I want to do is get 1.7 and start playing again and seeing all the new stuff. Hopefully by the time they get this problem fixed, I'm not far behind the rest of my friends! Even though I know it's already happening :'(

What happens when you try to update?

rocknthesombrero
02-07-2011, 09:47 PM
For those of you unable to download and install pocket legends like me; you can sideload it using the "sideload wonder machine". I use it for apps that I can't get in the market and it works great. The only problem is the apps you install with it will not be listed in "My apps" in the market, so you will not be notified of any updates or be able to update through the market. A permanent solution is still needed from the developers.

To install with the sideload wonder machine first download the program from: http://www.androidcentral.com/sideload-android-apps-all-you-want-sideload-wonder-machine

Next you will need the pocket legends apk that asommers posted a link to on the first page of this thread.

Save the apk to the same directory as the sideload wonder machine and follow the instructions for using the sideload wonder machine as listed on android central's website.

Hope this works out for you guys.

Pocket Legend
02-07-2011, 09:56 PM
For those of you unable to download and install pocket legends like me; you can sideload it using the "sideload wonder machine". I use it for apps that I can't get in the market and it works great. The only problem is the apps you install with it will not be listed in "My apps" in the market, so you will not be notified of any updates or be able to update through the market. A permanent solution is still needed from the developers.

To install with the sideload wonder machine first download the program from: http://www.androidcentral.com/sideload-android-apps-all-you-want-sideload-wonder-machine

Next you will need the pocket legends apk that asommers posted a link to on the first page of this thread.

Save the apk to the same directory as the sideload wonder machine and follow the instructions for using the sideload wonder machine as listed on android central's website.

Hope this works out for you guys.

This is too much of a process for some of us. We should be able to download on the market without the hassle. I put money towards PL and I intend to continue to if they will fix this issue. :P

ignaust
02-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Same here I will just wait unless it gets too long then I might get desperate.

rocknthesombrero
02-07-2011, 11:10 PM
This is too much of a process for some of us. We should be able to download on the market without the hassle. I put money towards PL and I intend to continue to if they will fix this issue. :P
If you don't want to use my solution then don't, but I don't really want to hear your complaints.

Pocket Legend
02-07-2011, 11:21 PM
If you don't want to use my solution then don't, but I don't really want to hear your complaints.

Dont get me wrong--; I do appreciate the help... However.. That is not a solution. Just a temporary fix that could possibly harm such devices if the average user doesn't know what they are doing. I'm not complaining, just sharing my own opinions.

I know Im not obligated to use that method, either. Just stating that we shouldn't have to take such measures to run this app every time STS updates PL. Along with that, we will not have to go through this method for future updates if they fix this issue. And come tomorrow, I am pretty sure it will be. So I am not too worried about it. (:

rocknthesombrero
02-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Dont get me wrong--; I do appreciate the help... However.. That is not a solution. Just a temporary fix that could possibly harm such devices if the average user doesn't know what they are doing. I'm not complaining, just sharing my own opinions.

I know Im not obligated to use that method, either. Just stating that we shouldn't have to take such measures to run this app every time STS updates PL. Along with that, we will not have to go through this method for future updates if they fix this issue. And come tomorrow, I am pretty sure it will be. So I am not too worried about it. (:

I believe I stated that a permanent solution is needed. This implies that mine is a temporary one.

I don't know where you got the information that this process can harm your phone, but that's not the case. This process is very easy to follow.

Have fun waiting for a permanent solution, I'll be lvling my 50 in the new dungeon.

Pocket Legend
02-08-2011, 12:33 AM
No need to get sassy. Sideloading was disabled and blocked for reasons that aren't too difficult to guess at and figure out alone.

Anyhow, I have other mmo games to play to pass the time. Until then. Ciao! :>

rocknthesombrero
02-08-2011, 12:46 AM
No need to get sassy. Sideloading was disabled and blocked for reasons that aren't too difficult to guess at and figure out alone.

Anyhow, I have other mmo games to play to pass the time. Until then. Ciao! :>

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. You can't figure out how to use this simple sideloading program and you're blatantly guessing at why sideloading is disabled on some android devices; which is dictated by the carrier btw.

Have fun chief.

TheBirds
02-08-2011, 01:27 AM
Got the solution!!! here is the email i got from the android customer service:

- Make sure there is enough space on your phone to download the app.
- Reboot your phone.
- Make sure your Internet connectivity is good and your phone is connected to the network.
- Try logging in to Google Talk and then attempt to download your apps.
- Clear the data and cache from the Market app.
- If you recently received a market client update, please try to uninstall the app by following the steps below.(this is what worked for me)

* Android 1.6 users:

1) Go to 'Home' > 'Menu' > 'Settings' > 'Applications' > 'Manage applications'
2) Press 'Menu', then touch 'Filter' > 'All'
3) Scroll down and select the 'Market' app
4) Touch 'Uninstall updates'

* Android 2.2 users:

1) Go to 'Home' > 'Menu' > 'Settings' > 'Applications' > 'Manage applications'
2) Press 'All'
3) Scroll down and select the 'Market' app
4) Touch 'Uninstall updates'
The Market application will revert to the original version, and you should now be able download apps.

smokedog
02-08-2011, 03:48 AM
Yeah, I'm also having the same problem with my captivate. I've tried clearing market place and direct download without success. This was my favorite game until this happened.

asommers
02-08-2011, 05:24 AM
We are looking into what else we can do. The Android OS is written by Google. The Android Market is an application written by Google. We don't control the Market, what's displayed in it, or getting applications installed on your device. We just make the application. If it didn't work on all devices, I'd say there's a problem with the app, but it worked on all of the devices we have internally. The only difference between us and other apps is potentially application size, but that will only increase as the game expands. We are collecting as much information as we can to hand off to Google.

-ALS

Razorclawz
02-08-2011, 07:20 AM
I tried the uninstalling updates and clearing cache on market now states download unsuccessful on device

Razorclawz
02-08-2011, 07:21 AM
btw other apps are still able to be downloaded no problem just PL is an issue

Mapezu
02-08-2011, 08:20 AM
I just uninstall PL. Then i download it from this site and install and boot phone. Works good for me.

Market download not work but i think this help.

MICRO.LE
02-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Mapezu, are you using a Samsung phone from at&t because I also uninstalled PL now it wont allow me to install 1.7

nomage
02-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi All

The problem is due to the file size of version 1.7. A few phone manufacturers(samsung for one) have only given /cache 30mb of space. Anything downloaded from the market will be stored there temporarily until gets installed. As the new package is larger than the cache, the market fails to download it.

Two solutions..
Sideload install (download the apk directly from spacetimestudios) bypassing the market or spacetimes studio needs to reduce the size of the apk to be below 30mb.

Hope the above explains the cause of the problem.

ignaust
02-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Got tired of waiting so I used side loader mentioned in this forum, after a few errors (all mentioned in the forum of side loader) installed success! Starting playing tonight works great! When you guys/gals get on look me up Lvl. 28 Warrior Ignaust Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

robbyfooey
02-09-2011, 06:45 PM
I have the same problems with my galaxy s samsung vibrant from verizon. I've been dieing to play but I can't.

asommers
02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
I have the same problems with my galaxy s samsung vibrant from verizon. I've been dieing to play but I can't.

Try downloading 1.7.0.1 following all of the instructions in the Pocket Legends FAQ. If none of that works, try downloading the .APK.

-ALS