PDA

View Full Version : Gold fever?!?

MoarPewPew
02-07-2011, 05:01 PM
So I face gold fever a few times and I think I understand the boss mechanic.

Part1
When a chest is green gold fever is invincible. He will regain Hp if it is up long enough. To break his inviniblity you much attack the chest that glows green. This will enable damage to gold fever.

Part 2
The bomb is placed on a random player. This player can be Identifed with a "cheer emote" (now I'm not sure of this) when a player has the bomb they will explode after ~5 seconds or so. It appeared that the closer you are to the person with the bomb you too can get the bomb and explode. (it could be like the AOE from the barrels)

I'm not sure on the second part. Clarification please.

Thanks.

drewcapu
02-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Ya, was wondering why a bunch of us were cheering
^_^

Pharcyde
02-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Nope nope nope not reading :) Spoiler alert!

Phoenixking
02-07-2011, 05:08 PM
The only way to disable bomb is green orb 1st part is wrong

recklessfa
02-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Cockroach seems straightforward: hit him as hard and fast as you can while minimizing aoe damage in order to keep trash bins intact.
Or else he'll feed in them and restore his health.

He also seems a bit pissed when his health is low and i got some mean hits (aoe? ranged? or maybe bad ping i can't say.)
Faced him only two times so go ahead and correct me if your impressions differ ?

Kujen
02-07-2011, 05:11 PM
I laughed when Gold Fever announced himself. It was like when I saw Gurgox for the first time. I was like...LOL.

MoarPewPew
02-07-2011, 05:14 PM
The only way to disable bomb is green orb 1st part is wrong

I was considering that at first. But I still saw bombs going off.

May have been lag. I'll have to try agian later.

Lesrider
02-07-2011, 05:17 PM
I laughed when Gold Fever announced himself. It was like when I saw Gurgox for the first time. I was like...LOL.

Lol me too.
And the ticking. Lots of great sound effects in this update.
I'm officially back to PL.

Kossi
02-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Gold fevers dying cry is something like " i will steal all tha moneh from teh consignment shoppe!"

Balgreta
02-07-2011, 05:20 PM
its a cool fight, if the green orbs do disable the bomb as i was kiting him from chest to chest as they spawned that could be a reason why i didn't take much dmg.

I could have sworn i saw 'shield removed' a few times on him tho - i guess it could have been a bird removing it though with an ability? he did seem to drop quick at times and slow at others

MoarPewPew
02-07-2011, 05:24 PM
its a cool fight, if the green orbs do disable the bomb as i was kiting him from chest to chest as they spawned that could be a reason why i didn't take much dmg.

I could have sworn i saw 'shield removed' a few times on him tho - i guess it could have been a bird removing it though with an ability? he did seem to drop quick at times and slow at others

Yeah "shield removed" happens after a green chest is gone.

I just want to figure out the bombs lol

Phoenixking
02-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Well you can still here the bomb sound till it's done and you don't die from the bomb gold fever has high dmg and why do you think the chest have soul in it it shows it's a soul bomb till chest is destroyed

Haikus
02-07-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm officially back to PL.

Sigging.

Let the DD thread and your posts die...

May the PL gods be with you.

Addiction, begins. Now!

Junside
02-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Goooooold.. FEVERR?! wsh chaka chaka (I got the fever...)

PaynDaBear
02-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Goldfever is awesome.

He's actually an easy fight if everyone destroys the chests fast enough and heals the tank!!!!

Mage heal me!!! I dont wanna buy 500 Pots!!!

MoarPewPew
02-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Here it is. I wrote it on another thread but I think it's right.
How to gold fever.

The person with aggro on gold fever will become a time bomb. The time bomb is represented with the cheer emote. The player with the time bomb can cause damage to others if they are to close to another player and resulting in a explosion killing the player with the bomb.

To deactivated the time bomb all other players must go attack the chest witha green orb around it. While the green orb is up gold fever is immune to damage. When the Hp of the chest that holds the green orb is dropped to 0 the shield breaks and damage may resume. (the chest will disappear.)

Try to have the tank use a damage pot so they can maintain aggro so the time bomb won't jump to random players. If players are stacked this could cause an instant kill to the player with aggro.

The tank should make a chat macro letting the dps know when to switch. My chat macro is "green chest"
Changing the camera view helps alot.

Lol just wanted to give my 2 cents.