PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?????

Kossi
02-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Ok just to tell everyone this is constructive criticism, about rings... I went to facebook and found this
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/b0c84ded.jpg

Also, it looks like devs answer more facebook questions than forum questions? Any reason?

Also, you make all Skills max at 6 and give noone any respecs? Thats like...BAD... Just wasting my money...

1)I suggest STS makes SKILL respecs free for 2 days, then go back to charging money
2) plz answer more of our question? Or make a few moderators?
3) MAKE RINGS COST LESS PLAT! or make them drop? dont add a whole new section of equippable items and tell us we have to pay more...

MoarPewPew
02-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Lol sweet I'm gonna buy a ring when servers are back

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
02-07-2011, 05:20 PM
WTF is a ring? Sorry to be a newb. What is it, and what does it do?

Kujen
02-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Hm that does suck. Hopefully it will be like dual wield weapons and they will introduce them as drops later.

Rebel
02-07-2011, 05:23 PM
WTF is a ring? Sorry to be a newb. What is it, and what does it do?

Rings are a new equipment slot. (The actual equipment is what you put on your finger. That type of ring ;))

Cabero
02-07-2011, 05:26 PM
That is crazy why would they make new equipment plat store only items???!!!

Lesrider
02-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I thought they said somewhere that rings drop as well? Or maybe that was recipes?

Phoenixking
02-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Almost time for uptime!

rku
02-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Already got mine before the update. Platinum ring of something...
1 m/s 1h/s 10 damage
Pretty sick for an archer

Ona
02-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Yeah, got to admit that the ring thing is tough.
For the respec, hard question. One free respec for all players? For all chars? 2 days free respec? Cheaper respec time (1 plat)? Hard to tell...

Physiologic
02-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Actually, a lot of free MMOs encourage more cash use by making certain items cash-only, so I totally understand them taking this route. It's a marketing strategy - free to play, pay for more playing perks.

Rebel
02-07-2011, 05:32 PM
I thought they said somewhere that rings drop as well? Or maybe that was recipes?

Recipes drop for sure. I don't know why they wouldn't have rings as loot. I'll tell you one thing now though. I'm not spending ANY plat on items. I hate it when characters in games become good because of money spent on them. The game is what you play, so the game is where your items should come from. Not your wallet.

As for respecs. I think that a respec should be given for each one of your characters. Ex. 4 total characters = 4 total respecs given.

Doomfurby
02-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Yea i was pretty sure they said rings were going to be drops but i guess i was mistaken

Ona
02-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Actually, a lot of free MMOs encourage more cash use by making certain items cash-only, so I totally understand them taking this route. It's a marketing strategy - free to play, pay for more playing perks.

True, they have to make a living out of it. So, either they force ppl to pay-to-play (like Wow), or they add stuff to be paid. I was pretty surprised at first to see that there were no better stuff to be bought. Anyway, the price of the dungeons are 10plat now, so quite cheap. And no need to rush to rings anyway. Strategy seems to be more important than gears now. In Pve at least ;-)

Kindread
02-07-2011, 05:43 PM
I think the costs for rings and respecs are reasonable. I don't mind the cost. In fact, I believe PL is one of the best games in how they handle in-app purchases. You get something for the money you spend but it doesn't shift the balance of the game. It's pretty minor. So rings are plat only and you have to respec with plat. Not so bad. It's a business and they have to make money. It's a trade off. You keep getting awesome new content at a pretty fast clip but you have to pay a little.

krazii
02-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm only able to find lvl 10 and lvl 20 rings, am I looking in the wrong place or have I not found higher level rings? I didn't have a chance to go through all the different types of rings, are there lvl 50 rings somewhere?

Gaddy
02-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Wow, the "THIS RUINS THE GAME" posts start even before the servers are up. Nicely done! » sarcasm «

Ladylove
02-07-2011, 05:51 PM

Oo recipes. We can totally cook items now!

Lesrider
02-07-2011, 05:57 PM
The thing is, vanity items being sold is fine n all. But if rings add anything to stats or help in battle in any way, they should be lootable as well. People should not be able to buy items that make them more powerful than anything that can be looted. I haven't seen the rings yet, so no idea what they do.

Also, the dual daggers were plat only until they later addedthem as drops. Maybe that's the plan here as well, and that's ok.

Physiologic
02-07-2011, 06:02 PM
STS can take this in two ways:

1. Maximize their profits and make these rings platinum only. This will be like any other free MMO and give cash-paying users an edge (or, players must do more Tapjoy offers).

2. Minimize revenue by making rings loot items or crafted items. This will be more fair to all players regardless of them paying real money or not.

Wonder what they'll do :)

Kossi
02-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Oo recipes. We can totally cook items now!

those cost plat too...

Inching
02-07-2011, 08:09 PM
for those who can afford it, then buy the rings, recipies, etc... there will come a time when we all draw the line and everyone stops paying... thats when it will hit STS in the head that maybe they have sunk to a new low and money grubbing attitudes are not accepted... every little thing cost money but hey, if I were STS and i kept on charging all the kids cash and you ALL CONTINUE TO PAY even after complaining... who's to stop me from continuing??? They didnt hold a gun to your head... so my advice is to stop complaining and if u can afford it, then buy it... if not, then dont...

STS will no doubt make pets, guilds, every little thing chargable..... you just watch. Morale of the story is either the whole PL population stops paying and hurt STS in the wallet enough that they have to make it free or close down.... or zip it and pay up. The cold hard truth smack in the face.

Kossi
02-07-2011, 08:30 PM
for those who can afford it, then buy the rings, recipies, etc... there will come a time when we all draw the line and everyone stops paying... thats when it will hit STS in the head that maybe they have sunk to a new low and money grubbing attitudes are not accepted... every little thing cost money but hey, if I were STS and i kept on charging all the kids cash and you ALL CONTINUE TO PAY even after complaining... who's to stop me from continuing??? They didnt hold a gun to your head... so my advice is to stop complaining and if u can afford it, then buy it... if not, then dont...

STS will no doubt make pets, guilds, every little thing chargable..... you just watch. Morale of the story is either the whole PL population stops paying and hurt STS in the wallet enough that they have to make it free or close down.... or zip it and pay up. The cold hard truth smack in the face.

like the new free trade and wilderness in RuneScape, they dont say "ok everyone, cough up 10$ and you can play

Norbert
02-07-2011, 09:09 PM
...Morale of the story is either the whole PL population stops paying and hurt STS in the wallet enough that they have to make it free or close down.... or zip it and pay up. The cold hard truth smack in the face.

Make PL free? Do you earn a living? Or do your parents? I'm not sure how you figure there would be a game to play if STS had no income. Maybe I misunderstand your post. I think if they make it free, they close down -- maybe that's what you're saying?

Anyway, I'd like to see rings drop too and agree that players should be able to get to max stats through looted items. But I think it's ok to provide the alternate route for those with more money than time.

Maybe they can have them as plat only for a while and then have them drop.

Kossi
02-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Make PL free? Do you earn a living? Or do your parents? I'm not sure how you figure there would be a game to play if STS had no income. Maybe I misunderstand your post. I think if they make it free, they close down -- maybe that's what you're saying?

Anyway, I'd like to see rings drop too and agree that players should be able to get to max stats through looted items. But I think it's ok to provide the alternate route for those with more money than time.

Maybe they can have them as plat only for a while and then have them drop.

10$ for customizing armour.

Tsarra
02-07-2011, 09:11 PM
My question is how can we sell a platinum item on CS? I saw a spot for that on there, and I can't imagine people would want to spend oodles of gold on an item they can get for $2.

I'm a little miffed about the pricing structure for this update. Not sure how much money STS will be getting from me.

Also, do I need to buy a recipe for EACH component piece I want to make? I damn hope not.

Rings = Sadness

Kossi
02-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Also, do I need to buy a recipe for EACH component piece I want to make? I damn hope not.

Rings = Sadness

im sorry to break it to you...but yes.

Tsarra
02-07-2011, 09:15 PM
im sorry to break it to you...but yes.

That is an epic pile of crap. I am sorry to say. :(

Edit: That was harsh. I love PL, and it's not like I can't afford the update. It seems VERY nickel and dimey, though...at least with respect to rings and crafting. Very much a break from the company's ethos prior to this. I can only hope this is fixed...and I hope the devs find a fair way to generate some revenue.

Inching
02-07-2011, 09:56 PM
while we are complaining, they ae laughing because we are still paying for the stuff. If everyone stops paying, they will have no income and will be forced to drop prices or think of other ways to get our cash... period

Lesrider
02-07-2011, 09:58 PM
I don't buy that stuff -- I let everyone else pay for the devs' dinner ;)

Tsarra
02-07-2011, 10:18 PM
I don't mind giving the devs my money. I mind paying for caviar dinner. :p

Otukura
02-07-2011, 10:22 PM

Ban 'dis rebel!

Not really. But, I completely agree with you. Thankfully, I have no way to get any plat... otherwise I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation.. lol

Ladylove
02-07-2011, 10:29 PM

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj31/nature_freak_4_ever920/images111.jpg

Tsarra
02-07-2011, 10:32 PM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj31/nature_freak_4_ever920/images111.jpg

*sigh* C'est la vie.

Edit: Just bought the 3 M/s ring. I'm still miffed, though.

Lesrider
02-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Not that I care much about pvp, but sounds like it's going to be very imbalanced from here on out.

Inching
02-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Don't get me wrong, I for one would probably pay for stuff but I'm just saying that complaining will not do anything and only ur actions or lack of it will.

Kossi
02-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Summarized: the rich kids are the better ones

Zeus
02-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Summarized: the rich kids are the better ones

What does that mean? Btw why did you call me out earlier about plat being expensive LOL.

Kossi
02-07-2011, 11:29 PM
What does that mean? Btw why did you call me out earlier about plat being expensive LOL.

Who ever has more money to give away will be better ingame

You bought 2.2k plat?

Zeus
02-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Who ever has more money to give away will be better ingame

You bought 2.2k plat?

2.6k now :P

Kossi
02-07-2011, 11:33 PM
2.6k now :P

Case closed.

Zeus
02-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Case closed.

Hehe. But I don't think I'll be paying 260 plat or so just to have the best gear.... Did it once for my level 10 twink... Not doing it again.

Kossi
02-07-2011, 11:39 PM
I just hate that whenever sts comes out with something new, they just HAVE to charge everyone

Cs slots-(10)75p=10$
Stash slots-(75)10p 2$
CTF-20p 4$
Emotes (both) 10p=2$
Crafting(all) 400p+= 40$
Legendary pack(only one). 35p =5.50$

I doubt the devs wouldnt buy any of this is it wasnt free for them.

Justg
02-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Flame-free feedback here please: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?18592-Client-Update-1.7-is-Live