PDA

View Full Version : The Truth About Class Balance

suckyiknow
11-10-2014, 08:12 AM
Just thought I should put it out there.

The mages buff isn't coming until next year. Imo it should be a priority, considering the current state of AL's PvP! Here's the thing -

Aren't warriors supposed to be the tanking/high HP/surviving class? Then why, why on earth, do they deal SO MUCH DAMAGE? Don't get me wrong I'm a warrior myself with a bonesaw, but I'm just sick of the class imbalance, honestly it isn't a challenge playing warrs any more. With VB, any mage without arcane ring I can easily kill in about 5 seconds as long as they dont put shield - and they won't because I can stunlock them more than they can stunlock me!

Here's the thing, a max geared warrior can dole out almost as much damage as a max geared mage! Considering that we have almost 2x the HP and armor, I think this should be looked into pronto!

ClumsyCactus
11-10-2014, 08:27 AM
...they are not even close to mage damage, but yes it is Way too high.

Raselph
11-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Just thought I should put it out there.

The mages buff isn't coming until next year. Imo it should be a priority, considering the current state of AL's PvP! Here's the thing -

Aren't warriors supposed to be the tanking/high HP/surviving class? Then why, why on earth, do they deal SO MUCH DAMAGE? Don't get me wrong I'm a warrior myself with a bonesaw, but I'm just sick of the class imbalance, honestly it isn't a challenge playing warrs any more. With VB, any mage without arcane ring I can easily kill in about 5 seconds as long as they dont put shield - and they won't because I can stunlock them more than they can stunlock me!

Here's the thing, a max geared warrior can dole out almost as much damage as a max geared mage! Considering that we have almost 2x the HP and armor, I think this should be looked into pronto!

lol...in KM3..a 345 warrior took down francisca by 226 dmg by a normal weapon attack...

and me? with 572 dmg...a non charged weapon attack ...only did 195 dmg...oh man...

Zeus
11-10-2014, 10:12 AM
I think tanks are fine from a rogue's perspective but sorcerers really do need the buff pronto...not as an afterthought.

Appeltjes
11-10-2014, 10:15 AM
I think tanks are fine from a rogue's perspective but sorcerers really do need the buff pronto...not as an afterthought.

Keep tanks how they are.
Buff mages.
Nerf rogues :D.

Iliketolol
11-10-2014, 10:16 AM
lol@mage class.

scychogost
11-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Mages really need a buff

Dogoeswoof
11-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Correct me if im wrong but are rouges are favored against warriors, warriors against mages, mages against rouges

Rouges can time their burst in between warrior heals.
Warriors can outsurvive mage burst and kill mages when their shield is down.
Mages can shield rouge damage if timed correctly and stun with fireball and burst rouges.

While this is a very general statement and gear and skill vary, I personally find mage matchups difficult if the mage has arcane ring and full myth

Arachnophobik
11-10-2014, 02:20 PM
The warriors are fine. The mages just need a buff. I personally feel weak whenever i do 1v1 with a rogue and they ask for a pt to check the health bars tho i got about 400+ dmg (which is the average more or less). But whenever i face mages i feel like i hit really hard (with exceptions of some mages, arcane, skilled)

InternetExplorer
11-10-2014, 05:28 PM
I play 3 classes in game and heres what i learned playing both PVE and PVP:

As a warrior:
Learn how to time your buffs
Run away in PVP if your HP is low
If you cant hit, learn to heal atleast
Dont 1 vs 1 another warrior if there's a rogue or a mage around.
Step out of PVP if you are outnumbered
Dont cry if you get killed

As a rogue:
Stay in range of other classes, use your speed to your advantage.
Kite if possible
Time your skills properly. There are ways to easily kill each classes
Get out if outnumbered.
Dont Cry if you get killed.

AS a mage:
Never 1 vs 1 a warrior or a rogue if you dont have shield.
Time skills properly experiment with builds
Remember that you are squishy, any hit you take can be your demise.
Stay out of range of any class.
Dont go in the middle of a clash you will be killed
Learn how to heal and give mana to your team mates.
Stay away if you are outnumbered you have a skin of an onion dont pretend to be Gandalf
Dont cry if you get killed often, coz of your damage and range you will most likely be the main target in a clash.

What im trying to say is, there are advantages and disadvantages in every class. IF you feel like rogues are more better then play a rogue, if you think warriors/mages are better play that class. comparing gears is another no no for me, all my toons have good to best gears and i still die in PVP. Gears will not bring a toon up its your skills and game play that matters, if you cant be at par with others specially in PVP why swallow the Red Pill????

Many will bash me with this comments but this is my opinion. Mages getting buffs next year is still not a 100% assured if you ask me( based on the last facetime vid STS uploaded)

CAK Vader
11-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Zzz. We been waiting for an eng buff for the last 4 years for star legends.

Xenobiotic
11-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Zzz. We been waiting for an eng buff for the last 4 years for star legends.

The chances of that happening is so low.

Cool1t
11-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Keep tanks how they are.
Buff mages.
Nerf rogues :D.

Lol trudat nerf rogues :eagerness:

Caabatric
11-11-2014, 01:23 AM
this was me vs a friend of mine (tank)
he had 10% left and his jugg effects were almost gone and his hor was out of the picture. i had no shield up
I charge towards him he uses skyward smash and boom from 80%-3% (was a crit).
Basic attack and i die and im thinking when was the last time a war did that much dmg.