PDA

View Full Version : Rings

Doubletime
02-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Did anyone get a chance to see the rings before the server went down to see what effect they have on stats or skills?

From what I saw in another thread, you only get rings from a plat purchase. So I am trying to figure out how much money I am about to invest.

krazii
02-07-2011, 05:47 PM
I went through them for about 5 minutes, there are A LOT of different types of rings and buff your stats in different combinations. Some buff armor and damage, some dodge and armor, etc. Many combinations and it seems like you can find one to buff any stat you want. I think these really allow you to customize your character as you see fit, very nice. Didn't find any that buff your core stats though (STR, DEX, INT). Also, couldn't find any rings above lvl 20.

Ellyidol
02-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Yup, there are HEAPS of them.

I didn't really see a patter either. Like this kind of ring adds armor only, then the higher you go, the more it adds. It seems to just be varied.

Sigkill
cool i want lvl 50 rings :D

Apraxhren
I went through them for about 5 minutes, there are A LOT of different types of rings and buff your stats in different combinations. Some buff armor and damage, some dodge and armor, etc. Many combinations and it seems like you can find one to buff any stat you want. I think these really allow you to customize your character as you see fit, very nice. Didn't find any that buff your core stats though (STR, DEX, INT). Also, couldn't find any rings above lvl 20.

I will second this, there are A LOT and none above 20. They are separated into two groups as well,
"common" and "premium" i believe where the name. The store said the difference was in the power of the effects. The common ones where 5p and the others 10p.

bravemenrun
02-07-2011, 05:55 PM
think there were a few stats on the mage ones but the only thing I remember is 1-2 mana/sec since that always catches my eye.

Well I guess the fact that they are plat only makes my decision easy. I was trying to decide if I should buy or wait for a drop.

For some reason I expected rings to be craft items.... oh well

Doubletime
02-07-2011, 05:59 PM
I will second this, there are A LOT and none above 20. They are separated into two groups as well,
"common" and "premium" i believe where the name. The store said the difference was in the power of the effects. The common ones where 5p and the others 10p.

Interesting about not having any above level 20. I get that you want low level rings so that the twinks and new players can buy them and everyone can use them. I just don't know why they would have a cap. I guess just so the Devs can have something to add with a patch later on. 10 plat for a ring sounds like an investment that could start to add up to some pretty big sums when you start decking out all your characters.

Did anyone buy one to see if it showed it was tradeable? Or is it like cyber gear where only your characters can use it?

Otukura
02-07-2011, 08:37 PM
For some reason I expected rings to be craft items.... oh well

They are... I've seen crafting items used to craft rings.. check the cs.. one was in there.