PDA

View Full Version : Update: Fix for the Android Patching Bug

Remiem
11-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Android Users Experiencing Re-Patching on Game Launch

Hello, folks! First of all, let me extend our apologies to those Android users who are experiencing a bug resulting in the game re-downloading all patch files each time the game starts. Our development team is hard at work on a permanent fix and will have it in as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we have developed a temporary workaround that will relieve the issue until a permanent fix is in place. Please follow the steps in the support article to fix the issue: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/1758344-patching-issues

We will announce when a new fix is available for download.

Remiem

otawale
11-11-2014, 12:14 PM
login download patch play dc login again download patch again play again dc again login again download patch again...
zzzz whats going on sts ?

Agnes
11-11-2014, 12:28 PM
The link dont works for me..
I got the new client its download the first pack of patch files after that i stuck on load.. I never had patch problems before the new client :/

Higuani
11-11-2014, 12:29 PM
This is from yesterday update. Check that update please there is something wrong init. I never had problems EVER till yesterday update.. Today it took me once 1H to download and always gettin error not space enough.
Now when i could log in i wanted to change from character it redownloaded again the patch and after that i have something ive never seen on my tablet ever

BLUE SCREEN FTW

Hercules
11-11-2014, 12:32 PM
The same problem :/

Neutrone
11-11-2014, 12:32 PM
This is the first time I've ever gotten pissed by a bug or anything related to arcane legends. Glad your fixing it.

Sorcerie
11-11-2014, 12:35 PM
I followed the link and instructions on the temp fix, but now im stuck at the loading screen.

Timber just keeps running...

Dex Scene
11-11-2014, 12:36 PM
1- First Game download 12 patches.
then
2- fixing this.. loading buckling that getting this that
3- downloading 63 more patches
4- loading again and loading. Never finishes loading. (Internet is fine)
Then i close App after getting tired of loading.
Open the app again.
This happens again
1- First Game download 12 patches.
then
2- fixing this.. loading buckling that getting this that
3- downloading 63 more patches
but at number 63 patch it says this even though i have lots of GB space left in phone
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/11/81d655615f8a2efcef8c51558e35ee53.jpg

Then I clear data and repeat and same stuffs happen again

anshdoc
11-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Lol this is funny. Initially out of my four android devices two older ones had this issue. Now after following the instructions all have the issue.
Thanks for de-addicting, good morning candy crush saga.

Dex Scene
11-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Funny is the people who were not having problem are having now -.-

Dchaos
11-11-2014, 12:42 PM
We know u guys r busy with new contents and test server n all but guys first fix the existing bugs like lag n disconnection, we can wait for new contents a little longer, so please stabilize game sever first. :)

Amadorbibidor
11-11-2014, 12:50 PM
I can't access link -_-

Amadorbibidor
11-11-2014, 12:52 PM

Actually I spent 100 mb of my phone internet data with those downloads......................................... ........

Hercules
11-11-2014, 12:54 PM
No can, I delet angry birs, Fruit ninja, Simpsons tap, Asphal 5 and other apps for memory but still it says error patch63 aborted :s

Remiem
11-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Remember to click the link, don't copy and paste. It's truncated. :)

Amadorbibidor
11-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Remember to click the link, don't copy and paste. It's truncated. :)

I'm clicking it. Looks like Tapatalk is bugged too omg!! It says: Invalid link specified, please contact with the forum administrator if you're accessing a valid link. (or something like that) I would post you a screenshot, but screenshots aren't working correctly too (LOL). Looks like STG and Tapatalk synchronized with new versions and both are unuseful. (now after 4 re-patches my last 300 mb disponible finished and it gonna be hard to download the patches that are not bugged, I know my phone data is not your problem but Lelz, i downloaded same patches about 4 times, now future downloads gonna be a lot slower. Anyways, please fix it)

Agnes
11-11-2014, 01:18 PM
I use Tapatalk too and got the same msg..

Dex Scene
11-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Actually I spent 100 mb of my phone internet data with those downloads......................................... ........
Same same :( Iam not trying 5th times. Ill wake up when STS actually fixes it and I see positive comments. Till then I go live my life (heck i forgot i had a life)

ruizerwin
11-11-2014, 01:19 PM
okay ty keep waiting then ;)

chelvia
11-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Why redownload all patch and error
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/11/6a17a88bba2c389e18db8ab559ae5944.jpg

Topchar
11-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Welcome in iOs world
:banana: :banana:

Benworushi
11-11-2014, 01:34 PM
old client no more lagg n bug ,,but now its spike ping n dc all day ...sts Server move to mars already ?

ccristiano
11-11-2014, 01:34 PM
in december i will buy $200 dlls of plat but if this dont work better i will buy donuts in simpson for homer mmm.. donuts

killajamila
11-11-2014, 01:35 PM
The recent update actually fixed this issue for me... So far :) but I have a friend on a tab that cant get on due to crashing. Any temp fix for him by chance?

diimitrii
11-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Had that to

Mehmet Tuncay
11-11-2014, 01:36 PM
[arcanexmen]This is the first time I've ever gotten pissed by a bug or anything related to arcane legends. Glad your fixing it

Dodoybatoo
11-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Waiting till updates�� done. Nothings wrong with my android note2

till the update countdown ...108941

i cant fully dl that .. for im using a monthly mobile data only ��.

update after patch finsih108943

��

16gb free space btw ��

Sdsk
11-11-2014, 01:38 PM
JUST USE APK MANAGER TO MOVE APK TO UR Phone memory or Check ARCANE LEGENDS FACEBOOK PAGE IT WORKED

ruizerwin
11-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Server up and try to log... same error my device is samsung galaxy 5

Does this "restart server" should fix the bug??

Mehmet Tuncay
11-11-2014, 01:39 PM
[arcanexmen]old client no more lagg n bug ,,but now its spike ping n dc all day ...sts Server move to mars already

ryuba
11-11-2014, 01:40 PM
A little longer Wait for planar tomb or whatever STS do now is better than this disconected problem,
If u guys wana know what problem we got, lets try use a android device, i am sure u will corectly known what the problem..

joydhillon
11-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Did not have issue earlier. Have it now. Also i did not update to new client cause the game was running smooth enough for me. It forced me to update it to new client today. And now i have the issue. Will try again when you have permanent fix. Cya

Crazyteam
11-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Android Users Experiencing Re-Patching on Game Launch

Hello, folks! First of all, let me extend our apologies to those Android users who are experiencing a bug resulting in the game re-downloading all patch files each time the game starts. Our development team is hard at work on a permanent fix and will have it in as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we have developed a temporary workaround that will relieve the issue until a permanent fix is in place. Please follow the steps in the support article to fix the issue: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/1758344-patching-issues

We will announce when a new fix is available for download.

Remiem
:S :S This is the smallest problems u have. Ping spike and disconnection should be top 1 on ur desktop. I think I dc 100 times + for the last 3-4 days.

I am lucky if I can Finnish a map in elite lol. :-). And u guys fix some bugs and the patch. -.-.

Dodoybatoo
11-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Gotta try this . :) hope nxt install gimme good loot, maybe wkwkwkw

ruizerwin
11-11-2014, 01:55 PM
http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/1758344-patching-issues

Didnt work for me... ty

ryuba
11-11-2014, 01:56 PM
:S :S This is the smallest problems u have. Ping spike and disconnection should be top 1 on ur desktop. I think I dc 100 times + for the last 3-4 days.

I am lucky if I can Finnish a map in elite lol. :-). And u guys fix some bugs and the patch. -.-.
Lol that very good, i will be prety luck when i can move from bard to auction store in traveler outspot ( patching alot then login and arcane ping attack me make me disconected without walk then disconected and then repatching) that because the game make me force download new client

DMminion
11-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Why is new patch to fix the problems some were having making me now have problems? KMN

morgy84
11-11-2014, 02:06 PM
that link helped . now it works fine for me.
but its really a little bit tricky xD

never guessed deinstall /cache clear/ sd card remove /restart/ new download
could work but thx sts this is nice now i can play xD

so the main reason is sdcard and internal memory having little "link" problems

Titanium
11-11-2014, 02:08 PM
When I'm authenticating in the game. The app stops and this message appears " Unfortunately , Arcane Legend has stopped".

I didn't have any repatching issues or any kind of issues. What's up with this error??

Update: I followed the steps from this link (http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/1758344-patching-issues). It doesn't work . Same issue !

hozukreti
11-11-2014, 02:08 PM
If your Arcane Legends app installed in your SD card, try this

1. Move it to Device ( setting,application,arcane lagends,move to device)
2. Start AL, wait until all patch update finish.
3. if "space not enough" error come out, just click ok and login, this will make patching start running again until it finish.
4. After patching finish, select your char and start to play as normal!!
5. Dont move this app back to SD card, this make your app crash.

This steps worked for me. I tried to move it back to SD card and start it, but application automatic close/quit. So i keep this app on my device and no problem after that, i can play AL again..Sorry if this method doesnt help you.

My device, samsung galaxy tab 1 (P1000), old device with 512mb ram total.

RDX
11-11-2014, 02:18 PM

Yeah
It is more messed up. Now i can feel the pain of others as well :/

Higuani
11-11-2014, 02:52 PM
For me its fixed. What i did is set the game ON DEVICE instead on SD CARD. I needed the download the patches once. To be sure it was fixed i closed the ap and restarted it. I didnt download any paks anymore.

Hadec
11-11-2014, 03:24 PM
android was fixed now downloading again..
galaxy note 3 neo

Amadorbibidor
11-11-2014, 03:47 PM
For me its fixed. What i did is set the game ON DEVICE instead on SD CARD. I needed the download the patches once. To be sure it was fixed i closed the ap and restarted it. I didnt download any paks anymore.

I would do that too,but the packs downloading spent a lot of my data left without knowing it. I didn't realized that the packs were downloading and I thinked they were installing. I did it 4-5 times and at the 6th time I recived a message from my phone company: "You spent all your data available, keep navigating at lower speed, regards."

That lower speed data is not enough to maintain Google play store because it times out and it may require 1-2 hours to download those packs AGAIN. I really don't understand why if I downloaded those patches 5 times they didn't get stored into my phone. I know nothing can be done, but today I promised my officers I gonna buy a new guild hall for the reborn of Warlords Inc. I purchased the platinum but I'm not able to go to the guild castle and purchase it due this issue. While STG can't do anything because it mostly wasn't their fault, it's very hard to predict what gonna happen when a new version of your App is released, yes you can do a simulator, like a sandbox, where you can see the potential of the update, but there appear some changes when you release it and sometimes those changes can be auto-destructive for your App (at least I hope its what actually happened). I think this happened to STG team and we should give them some time to fix it because it apparently looks a pretty large fix, and they need time to do it. As i said before this issue made me some disturbs because i was supposed to be playing AL right now. I told in a previous post those packs wasted me 100 mb. I was wrong, they wasted me about 250mb and now I unafortunately can't download more patches. Anyways, what I really can't understand is that why they had to do a new version of game for all users if only about %10 of the android users were experimenting this, now i think %100 of the android users are having this issue. They could just find the "why" it only appear for those users because it's clear it happened only to some devices/system or i don't really know, but it obiviously happened only to certain people and when they found that "why" they could take measures but just for those people. Why to involve everybody if only few users are having that issue. The result was the misbehaving of the game and now all android users have this. I'm waiting to enter into guild castle, hope its soon. Excuse large talk I'm bored cuz here its about 10 pm, nothing to do, I may be playing AL, so I decided to stay on forum a while. Also excuse my horrible english.

tristan339
11-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Invalid link :(

bruceboster
11-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Hope working

Mehmet Tuncay
11-11-2014, 04:12 PM
oyundan surekli olarak kopmalar vede donmalar oluyor cool

Excuses
11-11-2014, 04:14 PM
I had same issue and now I fixed it.
Hope this help some people.

I use Samsung S5.
1. Go to 'option' and find 'application manager'

2. Click Arcane legend in it and check if it's on SD card.

Mine says 'move to SD card' because it is on my phone.
Use this option to move it to phone if it says something else.

After this my phone doesn't download patch any more.

Sridoyy
11-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Nice and for apple devices will it has a fix for dc because its hard to pvp when you dc each 5 mins

Freunameki
11-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Im not using any sd card n still have the prblm besides the many dc's i got in short time and that stopping me from playin on android device plez fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sridoyy
11-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Please sts help us play

Hellcookie
11-11-2014, 04:35 PM
Sts, pls stop r*pe the game and fix this patching thing..

Remiem
11-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Hey guys. If you've tried the steps in the support article (http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/1758344-patching-issues) and still have trouble. Please contact support@spacetimestudios.com and we will do our best to assist you. Please understand that our queue time may be longer than normal due to this issue.

All Apologies
11-11-2014, 07:07 PM
I need to play. right now. please..

aldy
11-11-2014, 07:25 PM
What is this why I always download the patch everytime i want to play arcane legemds ..... Please answer sts

iamalmien24
11-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Thank you for this update, still have concerns:

Pros:
-no more patching
-no more waiting in vain

Cons:
-always dc every map change
-high red ping (I have LTE connection)

Thanks for your hard work STS.

wr3cx
11-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Funny that I dont have any issues but still I didn't do the update from playstore yet. Indeed now there's too much lag when playing the game. I also play at test server, I've managed to play about 30min before I got dc'ed.

Paulnaj
11-11-2014, 07:49 PM
Hahaha!! STS dooms day is near!!! Lol no fix for dc bug? Thats the main concern of all players. The end is near for this game, i can feel it lol xD

ryuba
11-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Hahaha!! STS dooms day is near!!! Lol no fix for dc bug? Thats the main concern of all players. The end is near for this game, i can feel it lol xD
Lol its NOT a dooms day,
STS just need to launch new client or maybe FEW client again.,
And maybe STS need to recruite new PRO officer [emoji16]

ryuba
11-11-2014, 11:32 PM
ONE ANSWER for this big problem is,
AL is NOT ready yet to do planar tomb.
And AL officer just need to focusing to game maintenance keep it smooth like 2013 game and just focusing in next event.
That much fun than new misterius and hard tomb. Just launced the tomb when u ready :)

Dex Scene
11-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Any solution for a guy like me who kept AL in internal storage (device storage) already since very start?

vawaid
11-11-2014, 11:59 PM
i have 7 GB free space and the game tells me that not enough space for dowloading patch --"

Tabeer Amin
11-12-2014, 12:12 AM
For everyone al saying 'not enough space'
Shift ur app from sd card storage to internal storage nd it wil work (worked fr me)
Or if u already hav it in internal dlt app-reinstall in sd card - open app- shift app to internal - den try again....
I tried this on my frnds device it worked :)
But sts dis ain't cool..Please fix this...

Oakland boy
11-12-2014, 12:40 AM
Same happens with me I get disconnected when I'm doing km3 runs. Always in the same spot too!

Trautren
11-12-2014, 12:45 AM
1st Act: Game with lag but still able to play and fun
2nd Act: Game start to dc most of the times u enter a new map or remap
3rd Act: Now you cant even enter
Name of the Movie: Comeback pls 2013 :(

diorafrei
11-12-2014, 12:49 AM
Still doesn't work -.-'

Ecgsoriano
11-12-2014, 01:35 AM
great work my android phone doesnt patch everytime i log-in
tnx...

rainmasterz
11-12-2014, 03:41 AM
Please sts bring the main server go to normal again ... Dc again and again ...

kingxxian
11-12-2014, 03:54 AM
"• Uninstall the game.
• Unmount and REMOVE your SD card.
• Clear your Google Play Store cache and data in your applications manager.
• Restart your device.
• Install the game again.
• Reinsert your SD card.
• Do NOT move the application back to the SD card"

does'nt works to me :(

Qamr
11-12-2014, 04:34 AM
hello All, i have fix that problem yesterday, also I have made thread that may help some of you out with it.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?186541-What-i-have-done-to-FIX-the-android-Issue-with-the-new-client-1-2-3-0&p=1909577
here it's,i hope it help you

Note: that have nothing to do with the lag and disconnection issue. I have them since the planar arena update and they never got fixed :)
I don't know what are Mr: Developers have done with the game in that client but i believe that they have play with something very Critical

Qamr
11-12-2014, 04:46 AM
"• Uninstall the game. (use some thing like clean master to do that and before it clean all data from AL app setting)
• Unmount and REMOVE your SD card. (u don't need that one)
• Clear your Google Play Store cache and data in your applications manager. ( OK )
• Restart your device.
• Install the game again. (but make sure before u open it in the first time to move all data to the phone, after that clear AL cache and data again. don't leave any thing in SD card - after that open it to start patching)
• Reinsert your SD card.

does'nt works to me :(

hope that help

Lance Delapaz
11-12-2014, 05:00 AM
i cant play cause of this patch i always get dc too and says no more enough space when repatching grr... fix this thing please

Qrowley
11-12-2014, 06:49 AM
pls fix asap.. i cant play.. litterally..

Lance Delapaz
11-12-2014, 07:17 AM
sts, what year, day, week ? ZZZZZ fix this haist.

kingxxian
11-12-2014, 11:21 AM
hope that help

thanks

Amadorbibidor
11-12-2014, 11:35 AM
The thing that remi said actually works, but lets don't pressure them, just clear App cache, uninstall AL, clear Google Play Store cache, reinstall app but don't open it, go to Apps settings and move AL to your phone memory and be sure the cache of the game is 0,00kb and then open app. Voila, fixed. Yes this thing caused some disturbs but pressuring them won't help. Just wait, they gonna fix it.

P.S: If u fix lag and disconnects I send you a box of donuts ;P

ruizerwin
11-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Getting dc many times in kraken mines 3.

Amadorbibidor
11-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Server is very unstable o.o. From 200 ping to 1000 then to 9000 then back to 200 then to 30000 then 500 then 700 then 200 then 9000 omggg

rainmasterz
11-12-2014, 01:23 PM
40++ Dc today huft .. I know the server test is important but dont forget the main server pls :(

Mehmet Tuncay
11-12-2014, 01:47 PM
[arcanexmen] Server is very unstable o.o. From 200 ping to 1000 then to 9000 then back to 200 then to 30000 then 500 then 700 then 200 then 9000 omggg[arcanexmen]

Mehmet Tuncay
11-12-2014, 01:48 PM
[arcanexmen]40++ Dc today huft .. I know the server test is important but dont forget the main server pls

Amadorbibidor
11-12-2014, 03:08 PM
This is just unplayable, I get dc every Instant. Wooah, pls fix it.

konafez
11-14-2014, 01:07 PM
The client update I downloaded today fixed all my issues, game runs great, thanks so much!

mjrpain
11-14-2014, 01:47 PM
• Uninstall the game.
• Unmount and REMOVE your SD card.
• Clear your Google Play Store cache and data in your applications manager.
• Restart your device.
• Install the game again.
• Reinsert your SD card.

aldy
11-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Until these improvements completed when I want to play arcane legends please fix

LytangxLyrdra
11-15-2014, 02:25 AM
Dc alot

Noctis._.Lucis
11-15-2014, 04:59 AM
After Client Version 1.2.3.1, Ya less DC but still Im going to DC.
And I try if this Patching Bug is TEMPORARY FIX or PERMANENT FIX already? Based on my, Experiement. LoL.
It's still TEMPORARY FIX. I know that STS has a hard work for this. Im not angry then I only say my mine opinion. Hehe. By the way, I hope this is SOON to be PERMANENT FIX not TEMPORARY :-(