PDA

View Full Version : Figured out how to seperate king and queen!!!!!!

Zeus
02-07-2011, 08:19 PM
SO I FIGURED OUT HOW TO SEPERATE KING AND QUEEN! PM me if anybody wants to know how. I'll make a video on it too.

Balgreta
02-07-2011, 08:21 PM
why do we need to seperate them?

Inching
02-07-2011, 08:21 PM
SO I FIGURED OUT HOW TO SEPERATE KING AND QUEEN! PM me if anybody wants to know how. I'll make a video on it too.

PM you if we want to know...? Its that top secret that you can spend the time to type out for people to PM you and ask instead of you just putting it in this thread? Just saying man.....

Zeus
02-07-2011, 08:22 PM
why do we need to seperate them?

If you don't. They can wipe the entire team with no tank elixers. Me and a group of level 50s did it without ANY ELIXERS, let alone a tank.

Pocket Legend
02-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Even if there is a specific way to defeat them while separated or simultaneously, you should probably post it here before someone else does; and by then you wont be able to take much credit.

Balgreta
02-07-2011, 08:24 PM
ahh i see, am playing at tank atm - my mage got side lined and will level up later so maybe not so bad for me - i'm intrigued tho so hit me up with a msg! :)

Royce
02-07-2011, 08:32 PM
My first group beat them twice with no elixirs. We just used beckon and knockbacks to separate them, then split up and had 3 on one, 2 on the other.

Kossi
02-07-2011, 08:38 PM
theres a strategy? i just killed them with our group, no strategy

Lesrider
02-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah they were kind of easy.

Trash heap, too.

Btw, anyone know what those radioactive rings do after you kill a radioactive bird?

Zeus
02-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Well... We had no tanks in our group so it was difficult for us....
This is what we did
Steps:
1) Everybody except the archer stand behind the last fire grate before boss (Reset perimeter)
2) Archer with a cyber blaster, mega blaster, or shotgun goes to lure
3) He will lure both and both will reset....
4) You must only reset 1
5) Once one is reset pile on and destroy the boss
6) Other boss should be coming back around during this time to rejoin the battle
7) Archer should regain aggro on that boss and keep resetting him
8) Keep doing these steps

This was a rather fun way to kill him though, with not a single tank in our group, just int mages and archers.

powerandintent
02-07-2011, 10:49 PM
we just lured the queen out the door, killed her and went back for the king. I didn't think it was all that hard to separate them.

Zeus
02-07-2011, 10:51 PM
we just lured the queen out the door, killed her and went back for the king. I didn't think it was all that hard to separate them.

Umm idk how you did that... Considering they are both lured together at the same time, no matter what we tried to do. Even attempted to use a cyber blaster to lure one out... It didn't work. They have a virtual "chain" between each other.

powerandintent
02-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Umm idk how you did that... Considering they are both lured together at the same time, no matter what we tried to do. Even attempted to use a cyber blaster to lure one out... It didn't work. They have a virtual "chain" between each other.
at first we split into two "teams" one group of two and one group of three and 3 of us took the king out the door, one team wiped and when we tried to res the other team wiped so we started over. went back and all 5 of us took the queen out the door, killed her, went back in and killed the king. we didn't have any problems at all. maybe we got lucky?

Zeus
02-07-2011, 11:10 PM
at first we split into two "teams" one group of two and one group of three and 3 of us took the king out the door, one team wiped and when we tried to res the other team wiped so we started over. went back and all 5 of us took the queen out the door, killed her, went back in and killed the king. we didn't have any problems at all. maybe we got lucky?

You guys definitely got extremely lucky lol. Because at the beginning, I have noticed they have some sort of "link", They move as one, until broken apart by huge amounts of damage.

rku
02-07-2011, 11:34 PM
I actually soloed these 2 guys with only a dmg pot. I don't really see a need to separate them as I didn't notice anything to dangerous to look out for either way. The only thing that really even does significant damage is the Queen's lightning, and its very predictable as to when she's going to use it, so just get to 100% before it comes.

Balgreta
02-08-2011, 02:52 AM
ok that sounds so complicated for a boss that doesn't need to be, as others said (and me being only tank in group) i just used beckon to throw them about a bit at the right time - everyone nuked queen while i tanked king then they all swapped to king when queen was dead.
maybe we lost an unlucky mage but thet just got ressed by the other, we didn't use any pots the first time when i was with timmmeee and it died np

icantgetkills
02-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Yeah they were kind of easy.

Trash heap, too.

Btw, anyone know what those radioactive rings do after you kill a radioactive bird?

for a quest the protect u from the barrels u destroy the barrels for the quest

Cabero
02-08-2011, 03:39 AM
I didn't find it hard at all everyone went for the king I went for the queen. I just juggled the queen around in the room to keep her as far apart from the king. I just held aggro on my bird. I found it to he a simple fight. I never left the room once with her.

Fyrce
02-08-2011, 07:48 AM
I think the idea here is for king and queen to aggro on different players. Before group goes in, choose one to hold aggro on the queen. High damage is good since rest of group might use areas.

Bird can definitley hold aggro on queen and easily survive w/ no elixirs. Can even use Void Bow, which I think also means can use blaster is they want. Others pile on king. Can stay in same room as king, though helps if rest of group knocks back king a bit since king's stun/beckon is no fun. Make sure to be ready to spam hp pots, just in case. I did that but didn't have to. However, group was depending on me to be alive so I made sure.

I would have thought since a bow bird with a ring (me) could hold the queen's aggro and survive easily (I had no problems at all. She has a nasty attack?), I would think that means any 50s could survive queen, which SHOULD mean you can just ignore her and kill king. Alas, this doesn't seem to be my experience. For some reason, mages kept dying to queen. So it was easier for me to hold queen's aggro while everyone else piled on king.

Keeping their aggro separate is probably a good strategy unless you know you've got a very good group. It's also easier with these two to have a bear. Again, for some reason, mages see to have a hard time with these two. And of course, if they both aggro on the birdie :P well, one gets a very flat bird fast.

Oh yeah, tank or whoever wants to aggro king goes in and aggros both. Whoever wants to hold queen goes in ASAP and attacks queen, which turns her attacks to that person. Viola. Everyone (else) piles on king. If your mages can survive the queen, I would say just have the whole group pile on the king.

Kattatonic
02-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Everytime we have played it was really easy, one person on king the rest on queen. Def. Need a tank or pally here though.

Snakespeare
02-08-2011, 10:05 AM
it is the return of the tank...

one tank gets king's aggro, everyone else take out queen
then take out king

drewcapu
02-08-2011, 10:11 AM
The first few runs I did we ended up focusing on King first. The last few we focused on Queen first. Bleh. Either way seemed just as easy as long as someone was standing between them to stomp/firestorm/etc when they got closer to each other.

Echelong
02-08-2011, 10:30 AM
It is easy I have posted this on another thread. All you have to do is have 2 people 1 target the king the other the queen. Don't do aoe spells and each will get aggro. Then take the queen outside the boss area and into the corner where she will stay glitched on that person without attacking while the group takes out the king. Simple and effective.

z0d
02-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Just tell everyone to target the Queen first, spam heal/health pots...easy.

MoarPewPew
02-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Lol just have a archer tank the queen on one side and have the rest dps the king far enough from the queens AOE.

ballersburden
02-11-2011, 02:36 AM
Does anyone know the REAL way to seperate? I see bears and birds go in and come back to hallway with only one of them.

Something about resetting a bear told me.

I want to know!

Otukura
02-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Bears can beckon... if they stand in the right place along the wall.. because you always touch the wall, it's easy to get back to the perfect position.

Just attacking with a bird... only done it once, out of 3 times.. maybe practice? Otherwise, just wait right outside the doorway. The Queen will randomly walk out, not attacking you. She will reach the end of her tether and go back. Attack her before the end of the tether, and she will stay outside. Only works the first time you attack them, and you cannot do it more than once per game. Dunno why.

ballersburden
02-11-2011, 02:50 AM
You're supposed to lock on the king from kinda far and use Taunt as a bear. Just so it only taunts him and then only he chases you out the room.

recklessfa
02-11-2011, 04:49 AM
Also posted this on the BS guide: just come to the king slowly from his left, he'll follow as you join others waiting at the entrance.
If you miss, reset 'em or others deal with the queen while you get the king busy (a sb bird w pot will take him down in no time)

Nothing challenging, just safe and efficient, They'll probably fix this at some point.

mycroftxxx
02-11-2011, 05:01 AM
I added this to my Balefort Sewers guide tonight:

The easiest and simplest way to separate them is for a bear to go in the room alone, lock onto the king, and—from as far away as possible—taunt him. Then retreat out of the room and the king will follow. DO NOT fire any weapons or attack skills; they're close enough together than you're guaranteed to get both.

If you're lacking in a bear, another separation method is to crawl up the wall to the side of the king, and then slowly inch toward him until he just notices you. If you do it right, you'll still be outside the queen's range. Once the king starts to follow, go back toward the entrance and out of the room with the king in tow. If you accidentally get both, you can just go past the reset threshold and wait for them to reset—easier if you don't have any other players interfering. Again, DO NOT fire any weapons or attack skills; your presence is enough to alert the king.

For the rest, see:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?18826-Balefort-Sewers-guide

Riccits
02-11-2011, 07:40 AM
for the dumpest: bear enters room and go left to the first skull. there press taunt and queen comes...
i didnt try myself, got that from a bear and saw it worked... very easy when come queen alone...

Xenzix
02-11-2011, 08:33 AM
It's actually very easy to get Queen first... With my archer I just got into room, hug left wall... Keep going around until Queen aggro's on you.... Then drag her out by running back out along the wall.... Only she will come... Have done it heaps of times... And it works every time..

neko
02-11-2011, 10:13 AM
ahh i see, am playing at tank atm - my mage got side lined and will level up later so maybe not so bad for me - i'm intrigued tho so hit me up with a msg! :)

I looked in the acryonyms page and couldn't find it. What does "atm" stand for in your message and before anyone else spams me, I know it's not "automated teller machine" in this context. Thx.

Riccits
02-11-2011, 10:35 AM
I looked in the acryonyms page and couldn't find it. What does "atm" stand for in your message and before anyone else spams me, I know it's not "automated teller machine" in this context. Thx.

roflmao

ATM = AT THE MOMENT

chrononh
02-11-2011, 10:43 AM
It's actually very easy to get Queen first... With my archer I just got into room, hug left wall... Keep going around until Queen aggro's on you.... Then drag her out by running back out along the wall.... Only she will come... Have done it heaps of times... And it works every time..

This is the way I did it with my archer, too. You don't have to attack, just hug the wall and go as far into the room as you need to get the queen's aggro (she'll face you and start firing single shots). Don't attack back and just return to the others, still hugging the wall. The king stays in the room, everyone piles on the queen. The only fail is when the queen is too close to the room entrance while being aoe'ed because then, the king attacks. Just keep the queen (or king, since this works on him, too, only from the other side) pinned against the far wall from the entrance.

I think it will work for bear and Mage, too, since I didn't use any archer specific skills for this.

Ayrilana
02-11-2011, 12:20 PM
As a mage I was able to separate the bandit king and queen. I would run into the room, throw a firestorm at both of them, and run out past the fire trap so they'd reset. Sometimes I'd hit them again right at the fire trap but quickly get out of range. When they reset, and head back to their spawn points, I'd follow. I'd stop at the entrance to the room and about a few seconds after both got back to their spot, only the queen would come back after me.

I was able to pull this off just about every time.