PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Build

iOrion
05-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Hello Guys,

After my Archer I just dinged to lvl 35 with my Warrior and I made a Hybrid build so that I can enjoy both tanking and 2h dpsing.

What do you think about this build?

Skills:

5 stomp
5 taunt
5 iron blood
4 becon

5 crippling slash
5 rage
5 super mega slash

And the stats:

113 str
49 dex
18 int ( just to get 1 M/s)

Opinions?

Obliteration
05-15-2010, 05:25 PM
1 m/s isn't worth it, pots are cheap. Throw it into DEX.

TheBaconKing
05-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Crippling slash isn't worth it in my opinion. It does have a decent damage, but I think Hellscream is better, especially for tanking. Hellscream has the chance to stun all enemies around you I believe, or at least it did before. With crippling slash the only extra it does it root the target. Your target will till be able to hit you or anyone close by. To me that isn't cool.

I just see it being used for pvp against other warriors, but that is all. Someone may have a different belief in the ability, but I don't use or like it.

Also I agree with Obliteration, forget the m/s. Pots are cheap, and I have recently learned 1 m/s isn't anything. I recently respecced to a bowbear and put the 16 or 18 into int for the 1 m/s and I wish I hadn't.

Royce
05-15-2010, 07:49 PM
1 m/s isn't worth it, pots are cheap. Throw it into DEX.
I disagree, but there is a definite division of opinion here, and good arguments on both sides.

Crippling slash isn't worth it in my opinion. It does have a decent damage, but I think Hellscream is better, especially for tanking. Hellscream has the chance to stun all enemies around you I believe, or at least it did before. With crippling slash the only extra it does it root the target. Your target will till be able to hit you or anyone close by. To me that isn't cool.

I put 1 spare point I had lying around onto crippling slash because I find it's effect really useful on particularly wiggly bad guys. Hell Scream is good, but I am not completely sold on it yet. It would be helpful if the skill description did not still state that it is a damage debuff.

One thing I would absolutely recommend is maxing out beckon. In addition to the combat benefits of making you a mob's puppet master, it's just the most flat-out fun skill to use.

Also, if you don't give in to peer pressure, and go for 1 M/s, it takes 16 Int to reach, not 18 (do it :) ).

TheBaconKing
05-15-2010, 08:06 PM
I put 1 spare point I had lying around onto crippling slash because I find it's effect really useful on particularly wiggly bad guys. Hell Scream is good, but I am not completely sold on it yet. It would be helpful if the skill description did not still state that it is a damage debuff.
I really just like hellscream for the stun. The debuff is nice for bosses, but that is about it.

One thing I would absolutely recommend is maxing out beckon. In addition to the combat benefits of making you a mob's puppet master, it's just the most flat-out fun skill to use.[/QUOTE]
Beckon is awesome. Like you said the ability is very fun to use, but it is also very useful. Really I just like being able to stun in general. Beckon does a great job of doing so!

Also, if you don't give in to peer pressure, and go for 1 M/s, it takes 16 Int to reach, not 18 (do it :) ).
Really as a tank or DPS warrior the 1 m/s is not worth it. You will burn through the mana ten times faster than you will be able to regenerate with your 1 m/s. There is absolutely no m/s gear available for a level 35 warrior too, which is a shame. I strongly believe as a sword wielding warrior, the extra dex will help more than the 1 m/s. Even in PvP you will run out of mana FAST, and 1 m/s will not regenerate quick enough to warrant the points into it. I recently switched to a bowbear, and somewhat like my 1 m/s cause all I really use often is rage which doesn't take much mana.

That is just how I feel about it though. I am not correct, and if you want to do something just do it! Just do us all a favor, and if it turns out good, tell us!

NawtyNate
05-15-2010, 09:58 PM
XD I knew there were others around that wanted to be "hybrids" besides me! I just didn't know who, but I know 1 person now! XD and I prefer calling it a dsp'ing tank ahaha

TheBaconKing
05-15-2010, 10:02 PM
XD I knew there were others around that wanted to be "hybrids" besides me! I just didn't know who, but I know 1 person now! XD and I prefer calling it a dsp'ing tank ahaha

I have always been specced for a dps tank.. I just always used the sword and board because someone had to tank the bosses (before the wall exploit fix). I have now switched to a bowbear looking for a dagger haha. Wanna try something now out!

Azrael
05-15-2010, 11:09 PM
You only need 16 int for the 1 m/s. I'm conflicted as to if its worth it or not (for pvp)

I'm not a fan of taunt. I think there are other better skills. Thats just my opinion. Id use hell scream or evasion instead.

Someone mentioned only putting 1 point into crippling. thats a good idea for pve in order to grab the other skills. For pvp i don't know if its worth it. It will still cost the same amount of mana but you will be taking away all the damage you get from the slash, and lowering the stun chance that is built into crippling slash.

TheBaconKing
05-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Skill wise this is what I use currently to tank or dps when I can, and will be using in PvP.
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2029/image2010515235017.jpg

Off topic, but yes I keep my spell bar empty so when I am in towne I can see a clean screen.. haha.. I have just done this since the spell book was changed to stay open. No idea why..

LordRaid
05-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Mmm.... actually, the 17 points that could go to different stats (like Str OR Dex, gasp!) on your character would be worth spending over the 1 M/s bonus. While over time, the 1 M/s (depending on how much you play) will heal a LOT more mp than a mana potion, especially if you dungeon a lot; during this time, the mp regen just keeps going at it, the regen still doesn't do much when its needed (ninja edit for TheBaconKing) :)

As DPS + Tank -in-1 warriors go: Stomp + Super Mega S + Rage + Iron Blood + Evade + Beckon + 1 Other slash
seems to work well.

iOrion
05-16-2010, 02:48 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions.
I know one ms is " nothing " but I think if we will last longer in pvp it could give us some extra mana. But maybe if pvp comes out and I test it, it will be different.

But in general 1 is always better then nothing. :)

TheBaconKing
05-16-2010, 02:56 AM
Mmm.... actually, the 17 points that could go to different stats (like Str OR Dex, gasp!) on your character would be worth spending over the 1 M/s bonus. While over time, the 1 M/s (depending on how much you play) will heal a LOT more mp than a mana potion, especially if you dungeon a lot and the regen just keeps going at it.

This makes no sense to me.. Duh over time something passive will happen more often. The same can be said for mana potions. Over time my use of mana potions will give me way more mana than 1 m/s EVER could. Especially if I dungeon a lot.

With your combo you will be out of mana super fast. Your only option would be to drink a mana potion. If you were to wait for your 1 m/s to fill you back up to the 15-30 mana you need for any particular ability, you would never be at full potential. The only good 1 m/s would give you is that it would constantly top you off after you drink a mana potion and are near full. Other than that the extra 15 points you have from not wasting them into int would give you an extra 3-4 dps if put into dex. Which is a much better deal in my opinion. Why lower your dps when no matter what you will still run out of mana and have to drink a pot.

Potions are cheap for a reason.

iOrion
05-16-2010, 04:37 AM
Ok everybody knows potions are cheap pls dont write it in every post. But you will not be able to use them in pvp right?

15 dex I think will never give you 3-4 dps. Max 1 ( but maybe I am wrong.)

Reaper
05-16-2010, 08:55 AM
No potions in PvP ;)

LordRaid
05-16-2010, 03:59 PM
This makes no sense to me.. Duh over time something passive will happen more often. The same can be said for mana potions. Over time my use of mana potions will give me way more mana than 1 m/s EVER could. Especially if I dungeon a lot.

With your combo you will be out of mana super fast. Your only option would be to drink a mana potion. If you were to wait for your 1 m/s to fill you back up to the 15-30 mana you need for any particular ability, you would never be at full potential. The only good 1 m/s would give you is that it would constantly top you off after you drink a mana potion and are near full. Other than that the extra 15 points you have from not wasting them into int would give you an extra 3-4 dps if put into dex. Which is a much better deal in my opinion. Why lower your dps when no matter what you will still run out of mana and have to drink a pot.

Potions are cheap for a reason.

Right. So taking into consideration what you just said, thanks for agreeing with me.
Read closely next time.

TheBaconKing
05-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Right. So taking into consideration what you just said, thanks for agreeing with me.
Read closely next time.

I knew what I was agreeing with you all along!! SeewhatIdidthere?

Haha kidding aside, I guess I did read your post wrong and apologize.

NawtyNate
05-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Skill wise this is what I use currently to tank or dps when I can, and will be using in PvP.
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2029/image2010515235017.jpg

Off topic, but yes I keep my spell bar empty so when I am in towne I can see a clean screen.. haha.. I have just done this since the spell book was changed to stay open. No idea why..

XD ahhhh, same skill set! ftw!