PDA

View Full Version : Why are so many people still doing Crush?

Lesrider
02-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Wow, so the devs finally released a campaign with oodles of quests, and when I look at my friends list (all lvl 50+), at least a third are still doing Crush the Keeper.

Why is this?

Do they just not have the 10 plat for the new maps?

I'm baffled. I find nothing more boring than xp farming in Crush. I'm so happy to have quests to do now, that I don't even look at my xp bar much. I don't get why anyone would stick to the old xp farming when there are brand new dungeons to explore and quests to complete.

Junside
02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Faster kills. And a new leveling pot for 3x exp. (6000g)

Although some people would rather go exploring the sewers, I figure it's better to get easier exp with a map I know like the back of my hand.

Chubbsy
02-07-2011, 09:35 PM
No kidding, it's easy to get xp. I was on for like 30 mins and had 500 xp without potting. Within a week or so everyone will be 55 anyway. Oh well...

Otukura
02-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Hm.. seems to be faster XP in crush.. did 2 runs of it....

But bs is soooo much nicer. I don't hate crush, but I don't like it. the ghosts lag me for some reason, I never lag unless in VL by king or in crush...

Royce
02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm just wondering why so many people on my friends list are in the shadow caves. Is it crazy good XP or did they improve the drop rate?

Otukura
02-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Shadow caves thing on the map? Can you make a direct game to shadow caves now? just a guess...

Sanatorium
02-07-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm just wondering why so many people on my friends list are in the shadow caves. Is it crazy good XP or did they improve the drop rate?
They added it in the host game section so people are probably just going for drops.

powerandintent
02-08-2011, 01:07 AM
I played crush a few times for some totems. I'm lazy and don't like to farm so I have snowballs and totems in my quest log and can't start any of the BS quests.

Otukura
02-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Unless you're really far along, abandon them? :)

Riccits
02-08-2011, 02:05 AM
unti we arent lvl 55 the droped pinks are "useless", so thats why everyone wants to be 55 fast..

Fyrce
02-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Um, there are 51 pinks. I'm assuming that means there are 52, 53, and 54 pinks as well.

Riccits
02-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Um, there are 51 pinks. I'm assuming that means there are 52, 53, and 54 pinks as well.

target is to get the lvl 55 ones.. no need for the lvl<55...

StompArtist
02-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Not sure why people are doing "crush the keeper" when the shadow caves are now easily accessed... The reason is to get XP/Gear. I found myself struggling in the new levels since I have never really farmed (get bored) and instead started new characters. I enjoyed the road to 50 more than repetitive "totem runs" and now am under geared (I guess) and quite squishy on my dex bird in the new campaigns. Does this make sense?

Dunno maybe it's just me being "dusty" as well. Been playing around lower/easier levels for a while...

Doubletime
02-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Also, I am spending tons of cash on health pots and xp pots. I am thinking of some keeper runs just to generate some quick cash while getting xp.

Kujen
02-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Keeper is still the easiest xp at lvl 50. I know the shadow caves are easy access now, but I still feel the difficulty is disproportionate to what you get out of it.

Norbert
02-08-2011, 12:21 PM
I noticed the same thing Les, and even had a good friend mention that we needed to go level up. To me is't baffling as we've been doing that level for ages now and here's great new things to explore.

I did seem to notice a lot of 50s in crappy gear. I'm not sure if it's all people who sold their good sets, or new 50s, but I did loan one bear my rift set as he'd sold his (a pretty good friend who I trust...). In leading up to the release I kept wondering what people were thinking as they sold off their good sets... It sure helps in BS to have every bit of stat you can.

I think some people are just going to power level to 55 asap then buy new sets. It'll be interesting to see the 53, 54, 55 level players who don't have any BS quests complete. I called out one player who joined 3 runs with PUGs I was in and potted and poofed as soon as his pot ran out.

superglut2
02-08-2011, 01:04 PM
I sold most of my sets too. U dont rly need lvl 50 sets bro. U do crush the keeper til ur 53, thn wait 2 weeks then buy urself some cheap purple/green gear (which is better then lvl 50 gear) and ur good to go till lvl 55 then u use the money tjat u pt from ur sets for good lvl 55 gear.

Fyrce
02-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Um, what if we want to play? I might do some Crush; the sewers do not seem to generate gold. I haven't used hardly any elixirs but you do go through pots. Can't do that much about grate deaths, other than avoid them :P

Guess Crush covers two goals: some gold and some xp. Though doing that for 3 levels sounds really painful.

I sold my extras but have double, maybe triple sets, for all my 50s.

regie831
02-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Um, what if we want to play? I might do some Crush; the sewers do not seem to generate gold. I haven't used hardly any elixirs but you do go through pots. Can't do that much about grate deaths, other than avoid them :P

Guess Crush covers two goals: some gold and some xp. Though doing that for 3 levels sounds really painful.

I sold my extras but have double, maybe triple sets, for all my 50s.

yeah I think AO3:2 is a cheap choice to lvl up on, I don't use the new xp pot, just the previous one and depending on the drops/gold I get most of the time I use 1k per xp pot.

Norbert
02-08-2011, 03:29 PM
I sold most of my sets too. U dont rly need lvl 50 sets bro. U do crush the keeper til ur 53, thn wait 2 weeks then buy urself some cheap purple/green gear (which is better then lvl 50 gear) and ur good to go till lvl 55 then u use the money tjat u pt from ur sets for good lvl 55 gear.

I guess that's one way to play, but I think I'd rather do something more interesting with my time. Three weeks the 'PL is so boooring' hit the forums.

Play the maps at the levels they're designed for, in the gear they're designed for. Have some fun and excitement, don't just level up and farm it. Yuck, why play at all?

Physiologic
02-08-2011, 03:35 PM
I guess that's one way to play, but I think I'd rather do something more interesting with my time. Three weeks the 'PL is so boooring' hit the forums.

Play the maps at the levels they're designed for, in the gear they're designed for. Have some fun and excitement, don't just level up and farm it. Yuck, why play at all?

Remember there's two types of gamers, the casual ones and the hardcore ones. A lot of users who post on these forums are the latter!

StompArtist
02-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Remember there's two types of gamers, the casual ones and the hardcore ones. A lot of users who post on these forums are the latter!

Don't forget about the hardcore noobs. Like me!