PDA

View Full Version : A guide to making a successful guild

obee
11-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Hello fellow Arlorians! Today I will be showing you how to make a successful guild. I've been an officer in about 2-3 guilds, and I was in those guilds for a long time. Before I start, whoever is reading this needs to know this. Making a successful guild is extremely hard. Leaderboard or not. It takes time and dedication to make things like this happen. So whenever you see a GM of a successful guild, "pat them on the back for a job well done". Here are some tips:

Be patient- You aren't going to make an amazing guild in one day. It takes a long time for your guild to start progressing.

A lot of times, players will just leave the guild since it has very few members.
Some of your members are inactive.
Lots of people start leaving

Use Forums- If you look at a lot of successful guilds, most of the use forums. Forums improves communication between each member of the guild. Let's say that AL is crashing, and I don't know which date a certain contest is. I can check my guild's forums, and it's there. Also, you can state your rules and other important things on there, without having to type it everyday on the guild chat. Some people might not even know your guild exists if you don't put it out on forums.
Do not recruit random players- I know some spam invite guilds, that built up a ton of members. Here is the problem:

A lot of these players could be beggars, scammers, or trolls.
A lot of low-level players don't level up, and they stay inactive.
A bunch of them could leave.

Personally recruiting people is slow, but it is worth it. You can find out if a person is inactive, what their strengths are, if they are funny or shy, etc. This eliminates you from having a bunch of players who basically "take up space". Also, when you have more active players, those players can recruit others as well, building your guild at a faster rate.

Help your members out- One of the most important things about being a guild, is that the guild is a family. A family helps each other out in need. Your members will have a higher temptation to stay, if you give them tips and help them.
Bonus: Have fun- What guild is a guild without humour ;)

ColdBlahd
11-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Hello fellow Arlorians! Today I will be showing you how to make a successful guild. I've been an officer in about 2-3 guilds, and I was in those guilds for a long time. Before I start, whoever is reading this needs to know this. Making a successful guild is extremely hard. Leaderboard or not. It takes time and dedication to make things like this happen. So whenever you see a GM of a successful guild, "pat them on the back for a job well done". Here are some tips:

Be patient- You aren't going to make an amazing guild in one day. It takes a long time for your guild to start progressing.

A lot of times, players will just leave the guild since it has very few members.
Some of your members are inactive.
Lots of people start leaving

Use Forums- If you look at a lot of successful guilds, most of the use forums. Forums improves communication between each member of the guild. Let's say that AL is crashing, and I don't know which date a certain contest is. I can check my guild's forums, and it's there. Also, you can state your rules and other important things on there, without having to type it everyday on the guild chat. Some people might not even know your guild exists if you don't put it out on forums.
Do not recruit random players- I know some spam invite guilds, that built up a ton of members. Here is the problem:

A lot of these players could be beggars, scammers, or trolls.
A lot of low-level players don't level up, and they stay inactive.
A bunch of them could leave.

Personally recruiting people is slow, but it is worth it. You can find out if a person is inactive, what their strengths are, if they are funny or shy, etc. This eliminates you from having a bunch of players who basically "take up space". Also, when you have more active players, those players can recruit others as well, building your guild at a faster rate.

Help your members out- One of the most important things about being a guild, is that the guild is a family. A family helps each other out in need. Your members will have a higher temptation to stay, if you give them tips and help them.
Bonus: Have fun- What guild is a guild without humour ;)

+1

Such a hot sexy Guide, much good job :)

cjswogkstkdg
11-12-2014, 08:14 PM
+1 very good

Axesam
11-12-2014, 08:38 PM
First and the most important thing before making a guild is decide whats your guild mission.
- Guild Rank ?
- PVP Guild ?
- Chit-chat family and friendly guild ?
- Specially for running elite, time record, arena, only for merchant, etc ?

ColdBlahd
11-12-2014, 09:41 PM
First and the most important thing before making a guild is decide whats your guild mission.
- Guild Rank ?
- PVP Guild ?
- Chit-chat family and friendly guild ?
- Specially for running elite, time record, arena, only for merchant, etc ?
I like a chit chat family Guild haha.

obee
11-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Ikr!

Kreasadriii
11-12-2014, 11:05 PM
+1 ;)

ilhanna
11-12-2014, 11:13 PM
Great tips. Thanks. :)

Out of curiosity, how would you characterize a successful guild, leaderboard or no.

cjswogkstkdg
11-12-2014, 11:23 PM

Out of curiosity, how would you characterize a successful guild, leaderboard or no.
I dont

Pollata1246
11-13-2014, 04:22 AM
same here lmao...i made one....now trying to recruit gud players

obee
11-13-2014, 06:52 AM

I would say it's successful if:

Most people are active.
No drama.
Communication is good.
And everyone is helping each other out.

FrostSkull
01-05-2015, 03:51 AM
Haha, Starting My Own Guild Soon, Thank You For All Those Wonderful Help <Trinity Knights> Gave, And Also Do Feel Free To Send Some Members My Way XD.
From: Your Ex-Guildmate, FrostSkull, Master Of <Trillionaires> Gl In Life And Game