PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Pets. Your thoughts?

beatrix
11-12-2014, 09:48 PM
I just noticed that Hammerjaw and Glacian are not that good anymore. Some legendary pets are better than them and still we call it "ARCANE PETS".

My thought is, why dont we have some upgrades on these 2 "arcane pets" like a quest or something that they both can be buffed?

I like the idea of "Singe" turning into "Nekro" really. Its like upgrading your pet into a much beasty one. (Though too much nerfed been made on Nekro and sadly its useless now)

Also, the fact that I have like 80 pets in my main toon. Its just that unacceptable (kinda) to make "NEW" useless pets tbh. Its like having another trash pets in our stables. Why dont use em old pets for a quest that we can have it much stronger (spend gold or plats in upgrading ++ some farmable items)

Your thoughts guys? :D

Oelurak
11-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Some UI adjustments to make the stable more user-friendly would be nice too

Burstnuke
11-12-2014, 10:48 PM
I just noticed that Hammerjaw and Glacian are not that good anymore. Some legendary pets are better than them and still we call it "ARCANE PETS".

My thought is, why dont we have some upgrades on these 2 "arcane pets" like a quest or something that they both can be buffed?

I like the idea of "Singe" turning into "Nekro" really. Its like upgrading your pet into a much beasty one. (Though too much nerfed been made on Nekro and sadly its useless now)

Also, the fact that I have like 80 pets in my main toon. Its just that unacceptable (kinda) to make "NEW" useless pets tbh. Its like having another trash pets in our stables. Why dont use em old pets for a quest that we can have it much stronger (spend gold or plats in upgrading ++ some farmable items)

Your thoughts guys? :D

Im guessing you have HJ or glacian in egg form and you want them to be worth more. :rolleyes: No they should not be upgraded or that favors the rich.

Instanthumor
11-12-2014, 11:08 PM
Should buff Whim Brothers.

Capolista
11-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Arcane eggs still have values for achievment points junkies

If they cannot loot arcane in hundreds lockec crates

Just buy arcane egg, hatch it and summon ..

Voila!! You get achievment red letter day & banner

Anarchist
11-13-2014, 12:17 AM
Should buff Whim Brothers.

No thanks something new is needed, whim is a 1 year old pet fine just the way it is. I am looking forward to a new arcane pet this winter rather than a rebuffed whims.
Buffing whim brothers was a nonsense Sns owners fed you and you bought it for good.

Sdbigdaddy
11-13-2014, 01:13 AM
Arcane pets are rare, they don't necessarily have to be op. Breezaga is almost worth as much as an arcane because it is rare not because it is any good. I have 1 egg to sell btw if anyone is interested. :)

Volt
11-13-2014, 01:15 AM
They are more than a year old, they shouldn't be good forever

Instanthumor
11-13-2014, 01:29 AM
No thanks something new is needed, whim is a 1 year old pet fine just the way it is. I am looking forward to a new arcane pet this winter rather than a rebuffed whims.
Buffing whim brothers was a nonsense Sns owners fed you and you bought it for good.

I think there are way too many arcane pets for this cap already... Might as well buff Whims. It's the only arcane pet that doesn't give crit, it has horrible stats... Like cmon, 10% dodge? Rly?

Anarchist
11-13-2014, 01:42 AM
I think there are way too many arcane pets for this cap already... Might as well buff Whims. It's the only arcane pet that doesn't give crit, it has horrible stats... Like cmon, 10% dodge? Rly?

Mythic pet competitive with release like sns is fine for me too.
One that grants the party immunity from dot attacks and buff stats would be a perfect counter.

Gensin
11-13-2014, 01:43 AM

New arcane pet?

Visiting
11-13-2014, 01:46 AM
I think there are way too many arcane pets for this cap already... Might as well buff Whims. It's the ONLY arcane pet that doesn't give crit, it has horrible stats... Like cmon, 10% dodge? Rly?

Does Singe have an invisible Crit %? Does HJ have an invisible Crit % (it might be in the AA?).

Anarchist
11-13-2014, 01:49 AM

New arcane pet?
Ya infact whims will probably be winter arcane pet imo. Mods even announced whim is coming back. I didn't see a buff on grim when he came back this halloween so i doubt there would be one on whims this winter.
Looking forward for a winter mythic pet then.

Instanthumor
11-13-2014, 02:00 AM
Does Singe have an invisible Crit %? Does HJ have an invisible Crit % (it might be in the AA?).

Singe gives dex. Base dex AND dex from AA. From dex, you not only get some crit, but extra hp and dmg. HJ gives crit from dex stat and AA gives crit too. Whims give none, also has bad stats especially hp (only hp given from whims is through int bonus which is not even noticeable). Damage comes with crit, no crit = major loss in dmg.

Ya infact whims will probably be winter arcane pet imo. Mods even announced whim is coming back. I didn't see a buff on grim when he came back this halloween so i doubt there would be one on whims this winter.

I don't think Grimm needs a buff. He sticks to par for a mythic pet unlike whims whose only unique ability is to pull... but frosteye, an epic pet can do that. Legendary pets give better base stats than whim (not including most have aa that buffs stats), so I'm not sure if whims is up to par for an arcane pet.

One that grants the party immunity from dot attacks and buff stats would be a perfect counter.

That ability seems pretty arcane levelish to me. Immunity from dot attacks would piss off mages.

Gensin
11-13-2014, 02:02 AM

I doubt it many will pop em crates if whim will not be rebuffed, Plat sales will be just on energy kits if so.

Visiting
11-13-2014, 02:02 AM
Singe gives dex. Base dex AND dex from AA. From dex, you not only get some crit, but extra hp and dmg. HJ gives crit from dex stat and AA gives crit too. Whims give none, also has bad stats especially hp (only hp given from whims is through int bonus which is not even noticeable). Damage comes with crit, no crit = major loss in dmg.

I'm looking at Whim right now, from the stats, it looks like it'd be an amazing tomb running pet. I assume that's what it is designed and generally use for?

Instanthumor
11-13-2014, 02:07 AM
I'm looking at Whim right now, from the stats, it looks like it'd be an amazing tomb running pet. I assume that's what it is designed and generally use for?

It is nice to have whims to run tombs, but honestly, the majority of timed runners don't even have whims and can do just as much. By the time you've run past mobs, they're dead so no need for a pull. Other pets give crit = less effort to kill mobs since tomb mobs are very low at hp. Timeshift dot + root and fireball dot takes care of the armored skeletons who die slower. Whims only nice for movement speed if that's what you're getting at. It also looks cool and nice pet to have on while afk on pier.

Instanthumor
11-13-2014, 02:10 AM
I doubt it many will pop em crates if whim will not be rebuffed, Plat sales will be just on energy kits if so.

I foresee whims going as low as 10m at cooldown event. It was below 15mil last year after event and only went up to 20-25m after many months. And since most people who want whims already got him, only a handful would be willing to pay good price to obtain whim, and others would rather save money and buy something else later.

Anarchist
11-13-2014, 02:17 AM
Apart from the fact whims need no buffs, If you buff whim brothers then glacian, hammerjaw owners would like to have a buff too since their pets aren't "in par" with the others and worth <8m.
Any suggestion to counter this different from buff all of them?

Instanthumor
11-13-2014, 02:21 AM
Apart from the fact whims need no buffs, If you buff whim brothers then glacian, hammerjaw owners would like to have a buff too since their pets aren't "in par" with the others and worth <8m.
Any suggestion to counter this different from buff all of them?

HJ s3 pet.. glacian s4 pet... whim s4 AND s7 pet (assuming it's returning). Should be in par with s7. Should.

beatrix
11-13-2014, 02:22 AM
I bet you dunno me :D

Instanthumor
11-13-2014, 02:22 AM

I know u

SacredKnight
11-13-2014, 02:26 AM
Before we talk about new pets let us not forget, buff Scorch! For the love of all things Platinum BUFF SCORCH X_X

Serancha
11-13-2014, 02:29 AM
Before we talk about new pets let us not forget, buff Scorch! For the love of all things Platinum BUFF SCORCH X_X

Totally agree!

and btw Glacian sucks, has always sucked and always will suck. My ethyl kills mobs faster.

beatrix
11-13-2014, 03:09 AM
Glacian is good in twinks though. Not an end game pet I guess :/

SacredKnight
11-13-2014, 03:43 AM
Totally agree!

and btw Glacian sucks, has always sucked and always will suck. My ethyl kills mobs faster.

Yes! Scorch was a huge let down and it's not like we can get re funds now, being so late.

LOL@Eythly Wrecking Glacian in PvE

@beatrix Yes, Glacian is still pretty good at low level twinking. But endgame is really where the Devs and the game are at.

Anarchist
11-13-2014, 03:53 AM
HJ s3 pet.. glacian s4 pet... whim s4 AND s7 pet (assuming it's returning). Should be in par with s7. Should.

Lmao if thats your logic then hammerjaw and glacian are also s7 pets. They are still obtainable infact hj and glacian should be buffed every season, right?

Instanthumor
11-13-2014, 03:55 AM
Lmao if thats your logic then hammerjaw and glacian are also s7 pets. They are still obtainable infact hj and glacian should be buffed every season, right?

Go for it. Make sure whims are included and I'm all G.

Anarchist
11-13-2014, 04:00 AM
Go for it. Make sure whims are included and I'm all G.

Told ya, they sold you nonsense.

kjed
11-13-2014, 04:07 AM
Btw glacian is owned by dova in twink pvp just sayn.

Instanthumor
11-13-2014, 04:21 AM
Told ya, they sold you nonsense.

I still wouldn't mind a whim buff.

Gensin
11-13-2014, 04:49 AM

Appeals, Draughts, Trix, Ate Bea.

Vmagazine here from lvl 13! 4 inchers!

Hail
11-13-2014, 04:53 AM

Than what of when mythic pets return? They are also outdated yet they should be overall more useful than Legendary pets right? :D

mapenjay
11-13-2014, 06:29 AM
nice idea, this will be fun and something to work in game, only few are doing pve now, except during event for farming essences, this shud be implemented and make those pets as really called Arcane!

beatrix
11-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Yes! Scorch was a huge let down and it's not like we can get re funds now, being so late.

LOL@Eythly Wrecking Glacian in PvE

@beatrix Yes, Glacian is still pretty good at low level twinking. But endgame is really where the Devs and the game are at.

Hammerjaw and Glacian for twinks. New arcane pets for end gamers I think.

beatrix
11-13-2014, 07:54 AM
I know u

Was a wrong reply really. :D Not for you know me lmao! :D

beatrix
11-13-2014, 07:56 AM
I like to hear something about NEW TRASH PETS made. Any suggestions about it?

beatrix
11-13-2014, 07:58 AM
nice idea, this will be fun and something to work in game, only few are doing pve now, except during event for farming essences, this shud be implemented and make those pets as really called Arcane!

Thats actually my thoughts. We need something fun in pveing too. Not only pvping. We need quests! :D Just sayin :P

Alhuntrazeck
11-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Whim should be useful in the Planar tombs :p

Madnex
11-13-2014, 11:26 AM
If the older arcane pets were buffed to be on par with the current ones, there would be much less incentive for anyone who owned an older season's arcane to try to get the newest ones. There would be revenue losses since less people would open locked crates. Sure, that might not be always correct for the uber-rich but it is true for every other arcane pet owner. It's like asking for maul or hooks to be buffed in order to stay competitive with L41 weapons.

beatrix
11-13-2014, 11:31 AM
If the older arcane pets were buffed to be on par with the current ones, there would be much less incentive for anyone who owned an older season's arcane to try to get the newest ones. There would be revenue losses since less people would open locked crates. Sure, that might not be always correct for the uber-rich but it is true for every other arcane pet owner. It's like asking for maul or hooks to be buffed in order to stay competitive with L41 weapons.

Not actually buff the arcane pets just like that. A quest to have them old arcane pet to boost some stats. Of course, who would like to get these old arcane pets buff without any efforts eh? :P something to do with pve. Not just make new pets everytime they like. How many pets you have in stable? you also did the AP im sure. And its just wow that you just use 1-3 out of them pets :3

jiph
11-13-2014, 11:37 AM
All arcane pets are gold sinkers never getting one because they come with new ones every season you just threw 30m out the window -.

beatrix
11-13-2014, 11:38 AM
All arcane pets are gold sinkers never getting one because they come with new ones every season you just threw 30m out the window -.

Thats how it is. We have to go in the flow. :D

CAK Vader
11-13-2014, 11:43 AM
And it's fun to have a limited item. Weather it's good or not, or even if it were a VANITY pet, i would love whim bro's because they're adorable.

Anarchial
11-13-2014, 11:48 AM
Just a FYI, INT also gives crit bonus. So basically with whim only warriors don't get crit(which they don't need). So the buffing need for lack of crit is pointless.
Secondly, as madnex already pointed out that if pets are buffed no one would bother opening a second locked for those pets.
We could always buff a pet through quest but that would require an arcane component(aka nekro) and lets face it, that would make it a nrw pet and not just a buffed version.

beatrix
11-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Just a FYI, INT also gives crit bonus. So basically with whim only warriors don't get crit(which they don't need). So the buffing need for lack of crit is pointless.
Secondly, as madnex already pointed out that if pets are buffed no one would bother opening a second locked for those pets.
We could always buff a pet through quest but that would require an arcane component(aka nekro) and lets face it, that would make it a nrw pet and not just a buffed version.

Thats why i like the idea before about nekro. Needs the Singe pet to make a Nekro. (Anyway, its a useless pet) lmao

Psychologist
11-13-2014, 11:51 AM
I do understand your point. I have myself bought a Glacian recently because I thought it'd be one hell of a good pet. It's not that good, my Blinky is better. Though, i'm not sad about my purchase as I got the Arcane achievement and still, Glacian remains a very, very rare pet - I feel good having that cheeky ice cube without seeing it on another player everyday. :)

beatrix
11-13-2014, 11:54 AM
I do understand your point. I have myself bought a Glacian recently because I thought it'd be one hell of a good pet. It's not that good, my Blinky is better. Though, i'm not sad about my purchase as I got the Arcane achievement and still, Glacian remains a very, very rare pet - I feel good having that cheeky ice cube without seeing it on another player everyday. :)

At the end of the day, we can only say "ITS CUTE" :3 hehehe! :P

Psychologist
11-13-2014, 11:55 AM
At the end of the day, we can only say "ITS CUTE" :3 hehehe! :P

I know right. Dem lil' cutie ice cubeh's. :p

beatrix
11-13-2014, 11:58 AM
I know right. Dem lil' cutie ice cubeh's. :p

Atleast its cuter than dovabear!!! :P hahahahaha! :3

Instanthumor
11-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Whim should be useful in the Planar tombs :p

From what I'm hearing, I doubt it. Apparently those mobs/bosses have ridiculous hp and much crit is needed for optimal dmg output.. not whims.. better off using sam or lurk

drgrimmy
11-13-2014, 02:25 PM
The sad truth is that hammerjaw and glacian already got buffed a long time ago when Sam came out.

I remember how cool hammerjaw was when he first came out. Nevertheless, at first he was still only worth about today's price as you could originally not get the arcane achievement when you opened the egg. When they made it so you could get the achievement for opening the egg his price shot up. I think I payed about 15m for him back in the day... Imagine what a worthless egg he would be now if you did not get the arcane achievement for opening. Sad really. Even old arcane weapons like the daggers have a use in twink pvp, although hammerjaw is now pretty worthless as a pet.

I am all for buffing. You can argue that everyone knows what they are getting when they buy and open, but the same could be said for Singe before they buffed him. Singe owners just complained more, although it was still their own fault for buying and opening him (except for the first few in the game who paid obscene amounts of gold for him before we knew he was a bad pet). Also, in terms of the argument against buffing as new arcane pets should be better... it would be one thing if HJ and Glacian were no longer dropping from crates, but they are and we need incentives for people to open crates. As long as people get worthless arcanes and mythics from crates there will be a relatively low incentive for people to spend plat to open them.... So either buff or remove from crates...

notfaded1
11-13-2014, 04:13 PM

True but they're also are or were the ONLY arcane that also gave free speed!!! The speed is one of the best things about whims minus the pull!

notfaded1
11-13-2014, 04:15 PM
From what I'm hearing, I doubt it. Apparently those mobs/bosses have ridiculous hp and much crit is needed for optimal dmg output.. not whims.. better off using sam or lurk

Or new nicer and more shiney Singy!!!

Frekken
11-13-2014, 04:55 PM
Maybe add some pet's "evolution" system. Kinda pokemon's One. When you got some primary stats and some damage, crit or dps learned by the pet throughout some quests.
Sorta like a pet special training
Is it dumb? @.@

Haligali
11-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Int gives crit?? In which game??

Instanthumor
11-13-2014, 11:28 PM

Int doesn't give crit.

True but they're also are or were the ONLY arcane that also gave free speed!!! The speed is one of the best things about whims minus the pull!

-.-

I use gale. Gale give me 25% GG