PDA

View Full Version : Maneater issues

smirk
11-13-2014, 02:27 PM
In Arcane Legends I have come within strokes of defeating Maneater on 3 different occasions and on EACH of those, I mysteriously and all of sudden lost connectivity to Spacetime Studio servers. HHMMMMM. I had connection on MY end because I checked.

I have never had connectivity issues when playing AL before. After each "disconnect" I had NO further connectivity issues in AL, until I came close to defeating Maneater. Doesn't that sound a BIT odd? What are the chances, Really? Slim to none I'd say.

My toon name is IGOBONKTWO and here are my stats

Level 23 - Warrior

Strength - 300
Bonus Damage - 250%
Health - 3,601
Damage - 156.7

Dex - 19
Dodge - 1.95%
Crit - 12.86%

Int - 28
Mana - 530

DPS - 176.2
Armor - 969

Sword - LVL 21 Mighty Vorpal Sword of Tactics
Armor - LVL 19 Hellish Platemail of Tactics
Helmet - LVL 22 Hellish Helmet of Assault
LVL 22 Iron Ring of potency
LVL 22 Sacred Elondrian Pendant of Security

I have chatted with some of my friends and they all have had similar experiences but hadn't said anything about it. They felt it was just part of the "gamng experience." I am saying something about it and I want to welcome YOU to share your experiences also, so that this sort of "thing" can be addressed and discontinued by the developers.

We, all of use gamers,come into an agreement with the games' developers; we agree to play their game and even give our money to enjoy the game more, if they agree to provide us with a gaming experience that is fair and enjoyable to play on all levels. In short, these sort of experiences by myself and others doesn't fall within the Fair Practices and Ethics of a company.

I would just like to hear what explanation they give for how this sort of things could happen.

Thanks for reading and send me a friend request.

Arpluvial
11-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Hi smirk. I'm very sorry to hear of your problems playing and defeating Maneater. I appreciate the detailed report and will pass it along. In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for providing the data you've shared with us - the more details that are provided, the better the team can isolate the issues.

Madnex
11-14-2014, 03:06 PM
The disconnection issues appear to be intensified whenever the player or players are engaging more than 3-4 enemies at once. So yes, it's not bad luck, it's happening because at the last 10% the spawning rate of Maneater's mobs increases drastically.

smirk
11-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Thanks Madnex,

I can see how that could affect things but isn't that "fixable?" I have 2 characters, a level 29 sorc. had NO issues. The level 24 warrior which I'm playing now ONLY has this ssue in Nordr. I mean, I can't progress any further in the game, not to mention all of the potions and elixirs I've used. Very aggravating.

Thank you for that explanation.

Madnex
11-14-2014, 03:31 PM
I can only make assumptions at this point but your sorcerer might have avoided this issue due to the class's efficiency at dealing with multiple foes, aka crowd control. Meaning, mobs are more easily going to stack up since warrior's damage and skills would not suffice in keeping 8+ mobs from becoming 10 and then 12.

Samhayne
11-14-2014, 05:10 PM
I just ran Maneater on a lvl 25 Rogue with a sorc and rogue pugging it. None of us got disconnected (at least that I noticed, the fight is pretty frenetic). I was playing on an Android phone over a 4G cellular connection.

I am not saying that nothing is wrong - just pointing out that it is not reproduceable on our side. We have copied characters over to try playing with them on our devices and not seen it happen. We continue to investigate.

CAK Vader
11-14-2014, 05:13 PM
How odd... I was disconnected completely randomly doing maneater as well after killing 2/3 of hp...and it wasn't one of those lag for a minute or so and then dc it was INSTANT.
(I'm level 23 warrior as well)