PDA

View Full Version : Pay to Play

aarrgggggg
11-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Events: if you want to play the event content u need energy, energy costs plat.

Arena: if you want to play here u need ankhs, ankhs cost plat

Planar tombs: if you want to play here you need ankhs and possibly elixirs both of which cost plat.

Arcane legends is hugely advertised as a free to play game.....

I have been playing this game since may or june 2013 and i am certainly noticing a trend

With every new content release or event this game becomes slightly more pay to play.......

I also have a gripe with this everything being luck based.....
lets look at the new "purely farmable" mythic pendant

you need a recipe which u can loot if your lucky. what the actual drop rate is is unforeseen
next you need essences from 3 certain bosses, also not a guanteed drop, and based on luck
next you need essences which are not a guaranteed drop
and lastly you need dragkin teeth also not a guaranteed drop.

Im pretty sure most people feel as i do and would rather have the total# of ingredients needed raised example: from 60-120 essences, BUT you are GUARANTEED 1 drop per run.....

Long story short, with a very hard difficulty and constant one shots ankhs are basically a requirement now.

Regardless if you buy ankhs with platinum or gold,either way you have to buy them.....and that makes it "PAY TO PLAY"

CAK Vader
11-13-2014, 08:31 PM

Planar tombs: if you want to play here you need ankhs and possibly elixirs both of which cost plat.

I have been playing this game since may or june 2013 and i am certainly noticing a trend

With every new content release or event this game becomes slightly more pay to play.......

you need a recipe which u can loot if your lucky. what the actual drop rate is is unforeseen
next you need essences from 3 certain bosses, also not a guanteed drop, and based on luck

Im pretty sure most people feel as i do and would rather have the total# of ingredients needed raised example: from 60-120 essences, but you are guaranteed 1 drop per run.....

I could work on getting some for you next event :)

aarrgggggg
11-13-2014, 08:35 PM
I could work on getting some for you next event :)

I pride myself in having 2 arcane toons without ever buying platinum....not even once.
But in the most recent months i cannot even participate without platinum....this is my gripe!!!

CAK Vader
11-13-2014, 08:38 PM
I pride myself in having 2 arcane toons without ever buying platinum....not even once.
But in the most recent months i cannot even participate without platinum....this is my gripe!!!

Don't worry I got you covered if you need ankh kits, respec scrolls, or energy!

Iahwahska
11-13-2014, 09:01 PM
I ran event fine with out spending a cent but the rest of your points are valid and I totally agree.

aarrgggggg
11-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Don't worry I got you covered if you need ankh kits, respec scrolls, or energy!

I refuse to spend most or all of my amassed wealth that i have accumulated over a year and a half...in a matter of 2-3 weeks just to be competetive..

If you look at the hard facts....to make it top 25 in last event if using gold only would have been around 40m at a minimum
Now look at what those vanities are selling for....

After all that hard work and dedication those leaderboarders put in, everyone who spent gold only more than likely lost gold or barely broke even when its all said and done.

No Thanx not interested

Much respect and recognition to all leaderboarders!!! Not knocking u guys/gals at all.

CAK Vader
11-13-2014, 09:20 PM
I refuse to spend all my amassed wealth that i have accumulated over a year and a half...in a matter of 2-3 weeks just to be competetive..

If you look at the hard facts....to make it top 25 in last event if using gold only would have been around 40m at a minimum
Now look at what those vanities are selling for....

After all that hard work and dedication those leaderboarders put in, everyone who spent gold only more than likely lost gold or barely broke even when its all said and done.

No thank you
Not I

Who said you have to pay? Lol I'm offering to gift them.

Raselph
11-13-2014, 09:38 PM

i'd be happy if you gave them to me, much appreciated^_^

Instanthumor
11-13-2014, 11:25 PM
You do realize you can buy energy for gold. You can also buy ankh kits for gold. Not to mention, elixirs are also available for gold. Js

aarrgggggg
11-14-2014, 12:09 AM

Very generous offer indeed :) Thank you for that

CheifR
11-14-2014, 12:15 AM

Im pretty sure most people feel as i do and would rather have the total# of ingredients needed raised example: from 60-120 essences, BUT you are GUARANTEED 1 drop per run.....
This it's the type of thing I've been Suggesting for so long

aarrgggggg
11-14-2014, 12:16 AM
You do realize you can buy energy for gold. You can also buy ankh kits for gold. Not to mention, elixirs are also available for gold. Js

These things have actually become a necessity to play.
Wherein as before they were not.

Is it unfair to say that all of the gold purchasable necessity's were purchased for platinum?
I mean they entered the auction from somewhere right?

CheifR
11-14-2014, 12:18 AM
Lmao I think you need to reread his 2nd or 3rd comment

jiph
11-14-2014, 12:19 AM
That's why u need to make over 1000 dollars a week. Or don't eat for the week and buy 89.99 pack .-

Raselph
11-14-2014, 12:23 AM
That's why u need to make over 1000 dollars a week. Or don't eat for the week and buy 89.99 pack .-

if you cannot afford that $89.99 platinum pack, and for getting that you have to sacriifice 3x7 meals, i wouldnt do that, real life matters more than the virtual life you live(game)

CAK Vader
11-14-2014, 12:43 AM
if you cannot afford that $89.99 platinum pack, and for getting that you have to sacriifice 3x7 meals, i wouldnt do that, real life matters more than the virtual life you live(game)

whaaat!?

CheifR
11-14-2014, 12:51 AM
I think it was a joke man xD

Instanthumor
11-14-2014, 01:41 AM
Lmao I think you need to reread his 2nd or 3rd comment

Sorry, nothing has changed. Items purchasable by plat are also available to you by gold.

Pillowhead
11-14-2014, 01:58 AM
1. Energy is farmable.

2. ankhs are available for gold.

3. elixir is given for free daily, also available for gold.

You can do darn well without spending a single dollar on this game.
All you need is time and passion for the game :).

Bluesparky
11-14-2014, 02:26 AM
1. Energy is farmable.

But waiting for days to get them and get used them in minutes in tombs and arena...No point to spend the time. We have real life too.. so i may move from this game too..if it goes the same way arggg has said.

Axesam
11-14-2014, 06:06 AM
Arcane legend still Free to Play

Free download client, free item from hardcore farming, free gold from merch, etc.

Idly
11-14-2014, 06:49 AM
F2P but P2W

Dermuti
11-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Thats not right, there changed a lot. I stopped playing after the event because itīs not possible to farm like some month before. Crates are not useful with this prices, Arena is away where you could earn golden puzzleboxes. eggs decreased in price dramatically so elite runs becomes more and more stupid and unuseful. Thats the reason why you cantīfind a lot of players these days. Magmatic staff decreased extremely in price, try to farm that in Elite,it costs a lot. All prices are in a permanent decrease, so itīs not possible to become rich without plat. So I went back to Diablo 3 on desktop, waiting for the next event in AL, and enyoing a plat free mmorpg. And the biggest reason is that I donīt pay for a buggy and laggy game. And this problems persist.

CheifR
11-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Sorry, nothing has changed. Items purchasable by plat are also available to you by gold.
He stated he shouldn't have to spend so much of his hard earned gold to compete for top 25(which would roughly be 40mil)

CheifR
11-14-2014, 09:50 AM
1. Energy is farmable.

Lmao how often do you think those leaderboard winners"farmed it" everyone should be able to compete without going broke OR spending plat

kinzmet
11-14-2014, 11:44 AM
1. Energy is farmable. Everyone knows that! But anyone in LB had only farmed energies to get there? Its P2W

2. ankhs are available for gold. Buy ankhs in CS to consume in tomb or arena? R U kidding me?

3. elixir is given for free daily, also available for gold. Yay! I got a loot elixir, all I need now is wait tomorow so I can have damage elixir with it for the tomb/arena runs. (sarcasm)

All you need is time and passion for the game :).After days of farming and merching. I used time and passion to have golds enough to buy elixirs and ankhs.

Okay! I now buy elixirs and a lot of ankhs in CS so I can use it on tomb/arena and sell the pinks i get there! *after a day* I got a lot of pinks from arena and sold them in CS for 150 golds each yehey!

Answers in purple

Appeltjes
11-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Answers in purple

Combo elixir from klaas xD

Instanthumor
11-14-2014, 12:32 PM
He stated he shouldn't have to spend so much of his hard earned gold to compete for top 25(which would roughly be 40mil)

Bummer

Callmemr
11-14-2014, 12:59 PM
Weil, i spent not even one platinum for the halloween event and reached platinum tier on two characters.
And you can buy ankhs in the cs, btw.

Callmemr
11-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Lmao how often do you think those leaderboard winners"farmed it" everyone should be able to compete without going broke OR spending plat

You want to compete with the lb-runners?
Well, then good luck for that.
*7 days no sleep*

CheifR
11-14-2014, 01:03 PM
You want to compete with the lb-runners?
Well, then good luck for that.
*7 days no sleep*
I'm 16... I got time lol

aarrgggggg
11-14-2014, 01:05 PM
The real point I was trying to make was not about leaderboard at all.
Its about the fact that with each new endgame content release the required usage of ankhs and elixirs appears to be going up.

At level 36 cap I was able to complete every single elite map without using any revives at all. Now compare that to the recent releases of halloween event,planar arena, planar tombs.

Catch my drift?!

CheifR
11-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Answers in purple
Finally! Someone gets it...

aarrgggggg
11-14-2014, 01:08 PM
As far as the lb topic is concerned, that 40 million minimum gold cost translates to 350-400 us dollars at a minimum, in order to be competitive for top 25

Serancha
11-14-2014, 01:22 PM

40m maybe for warrior. Rogue was over double that.

Callmemr
11-14-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm 16... I got time lol

I don't think you have that time, cause i guess you have to learn for school :p

CheifR
11-14-2014, 02:18 PM
I don't think you have that time, cause i guess you have to learn for school :p
Winter break!

aarrgggggg
11-14-2014, 02:26 PM
moved to op

kinzmet
11-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Long story short, with a very hard difficulty and constant one shots ankhs are basically a requirement now.

Regardless if you buy ankhs with platinum or gold,either way you have to buy them.....and that makes it "PAY TO PLAY"

This!

If they make tombs/arena farmable without using ankhs then its good. But can anyone farm it without revives? It has become P2P. If this didn't change, I would quit this and find a F2P.

KKIDIRA
11-14-2014, 02:38 PM
Where is it you guys are buying your ankhs for gold? Cs? How do you think they got in cs? Sts didn't put them there for you, and they sure as heck are not in the sts store for gold... isn't it nice that people buy plat and spend it on this pay to play game.. most certainly not free! So you can buy ankhs for gold from cs... Arg is right on all points given, this has become a pay for it or don't play it game, and as for the lb vanities, I'm sure none of you really wanna know how much was spent to get them to have them tank out in price and get next to nothing in return for the efforts made.. just my opinions..

Wutzgood
11-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Funny thing is the people who just farm essences and crates during events make more gold than the ones shooting for the leaderboard. While making the leaderboard may be pay to win the farmers seem to come out better during events without paying anything.

If this content was released with revives only being available with plat I'd have a problem with it but you can buy with gold.

I do agree with you tho about having items drop every time instead of randomly. Just was sharing my opinions.

Pillowhead
11-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Answers in purple

Hahahahhah, you guys are always thinking negative, don't you understand?
Winning is not always a must.
Arcane Legends is F2P but not F2W
I just said that you ca enjoy Arcane Legends without spending any real money, playing events and getting some elixirs for FREE!
So you can enjoy events like everyone else.

Heiress
11-14-2014, 04:07 PM
I just said that you ca enjoy Arcane Legends without spending any real money, playing events and getting some elixirs for FREE!

No one comes to a game to experience loss. This isn't a matter of whether you *can* spend money, it's whether you *have* spent money and what you are getting/have gotten in return for it. Here you have many players who have put in real money and essentially made real purchases towards a "product". Not uncommonly, u're looking at thousands of dollars per geared player involved. I think it's fair to say those players expect returns to be in proportion or near to their spend, a product that works for starters. There is something called "duty of care" in regards to product liability, go read up about it.

CheifR
11-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Funny thing is the people who just farm essences and crates during events make more gold than the ones shooting for the leaderboard. While making the leaderboard may be pay to win the farmers seem to come out better during events without paying anything.

If this content was released with revives only being available with plat I'd have a problem with it but you can buy with gold.

I do agree with you tho about having items drop every time instead of randomly. Just was sharing my opinions.
I'm one of those farmers. All I did pretty much was farm during event and I have to admit a lot of that gold gets sunk into anks,elixers ect.. Making it somewhat counterproductive

CheifR
11-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Correction. We can enjoy events every 8 hours or until we farm for hours for minutes of fun

termi330
11-14-2014, 04:47 PM
I played year ago in winter event it was cool, without energy etc. everyone could win, portals just spawning after killed boss on each map I really want it back, sts only want money, money $$..
Ok plats for lockeds and elixirs it's ok but in event? this sucks with energy i prefer previous winter event, not now with "buy platinium (energy) to win"..
And DC's is terrible... Make few servers to play, not all(players) in one.
It is a good idea i think

XghostzX
11-14-2014, 04:51 PM
The Legend games aren't following their initial route of F2P. Yes, it is F2P but not free to win.

It's impossible to find any free MMO's... they're "freemium" for a reason. Learn to have fun or find a different game that you spend money on that's balanced.

CheifR
11-14-2014, 05:20 PM
The Legend games aren't following their initial route of F2P. Yes, it is F2P but not free to win.

It's impossible to find any free MMO's... they're "freemium" for a reason. Learn to have fun or find a different game that you spend money on that's balanced.
This used to be that game...

Migzorille
11-14-2014, 10:13 PM

You can farm energy. Ankhs are purchasable with gold. Elixers are also purchasable with gold or free from klaas and shazbot.

anshdoc
11-14-2014, 10:38 PM
We are all right and infact sts is also right but with their own perspective.
We can only beat the game by being smart.
I was foolish and managed only four of my players (41's) to glod tier.
Then i saw new players making more money than me simply by twinking and reaching plat tier easily.
Also i can't pvp at 41 which is what i loved most in dl and sl.
Then i see after season 2 i can again pvp at twink levels and have started enjoying the game again.
I wanna start my twink pvp guild now.
As for the planar event the moment i tested it on test server i sold my blood ruby and bought twink gear.
Python 41 Arcanesteel 5

Chronexia
11-15-2014, 05:32 AM

Point well made.

utpal
11-15-2014, 07:30 AM
yeah. u said the reason I quitted aafter urosth event.

Shimada
11-15-2014, 07:35 AM
1. Energy is farmable.

For how much time you will get good items to farm and sell for how much, considering most of the items from tindirin maps are cheap. Not all of us are having enough time to farm bro. Yes u can buy those elixers and energy kits for which it came from? Plat right.

Shimada
11-15-2014, 07:42 AM

I feel you bro. If it feels like quitting, ping me so we can ride the boat together.

tearacan
11-15-2014, 08:37 AM
There isn't much passion left in this game for casual gamers who want to give the endgame a try and for those who do some locked farming (pro-casual?). The gap is too big between pro-casual and the full-out endgamers.

Idly
11-15-2014, 09:26 AM
There isn't much passion left in this game for casual gamers who want to give the endgame a try and for those who do some locked farming (pro-casual?). The gap is too big between pro-casual and the full-out endgamers.

Bro the gap between full-out endgamers and devs with kill all button is too big. Losing interest now after full arcane pt with 2 arcane rings and sns ragequits doing daily on boss 1 tombs. Couldn't stun towers for shet,one hit a full arcane tank mwahaha stupid game

kinzmet
11-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Hahahahhah, you guys are always thinking negative, don't you understand? Nope, not negative. I even contributed to the last halloween event by sharing my poetic talent (have you read the headtombs in necropolis?). So I'm not always thingking negative.
Winning is not always a must. If winning is not a must, I would have played farmville instead. BTW can we meet in pvp so I could farm you? Winning is not a must to you anyway right?
Arcane Legends is F2P but not F2W Thats not the case when it started years ago, F2W was the code.
I just said that you ca enjoy Arcane Legends without spending any real money, playing events and getting some elixirs for FREE! I did enjoy it w/o spending money. But starting to be unenjoyable now. FREE elixirs? wow free loot elixir so enjoyable! until dc dc dc. Event? wow enjoyable, until dc ankh dc ankh dc ankh dc dc.
So you can enjoy events like everyone else. Yup, I enjoy events. I even grab 50m from last halloween event. But can you enjoy tomb/arena now? tell me if you enjoy it now, even karma parties with Zeus spends 200 ankhs per boss. hows that enjoyable?

Answeres in purple.

anshdoc
11-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Lol twinking in vogue now. Saw two new players with singe in same arena. But still it is fun to tease wars by running with sorc.
Good time kill till devs adjust bosses of planar lol
Arcanemonk 6

CheifR
11-15-2014, 12:51 PM
You can farm energy. Ankhs are purchasable with gold. Elixers are also purchasable with gold or free from klaas and shazbot.
Did you not read earlier post referring to that and why that makes little difference

Migzorille
11-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Did you not read earlier post referring to that and why that makes little difference

The topic of this thread is that why are plats always needed and not the continous dc. I just answered the original topic of this thread.

CheifR
11-15-2014, 09:57 PM
The topic of this thread is that why are plats always needed and not the continous dc. I just answered the original topic of this thread.
Understandable I guess it its allot to read

Leprechaun
11-16-2014, 05:53 PM
hmmm i believe it all boils down to strategy... i wouldnt say its not possible for a free user to be on event lb but it takes a powerful thinking mind to do it, sts really did well in getting ppl to pay though

Instanthumor
11-16-2014, 06:40 PM

This is not true. League of Legends is f2p and f2w

farizace99
11-16-2014, 09:51 PM

Aarrg already said anks and elixirs come from CS.But where do they come from? Of course at first the elixir and ankhs kit been bought with plat in order to put them in CS.

CheifR
11-17-2014, 02:12 PM
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Zuorsyra
11-17-2014, 02:16 PM

Hmmm...