PDA

View Full Version : 3 reasons i'm losing interest in the game.

Obliteration
05-15-2010, 05:04 PM
# 1 drop rates.
# 2 bad gear improvement from 30 to 35.
# 3 not the same game i put money into.

---->#1 So some of you say oh my the new drop rates are awesome! No, not when your farming an item "true story" for 16 total hours, it finally drop then the guy who gets it in your party says no, I'm gonna keep it because I can trade it for these items.
When he doesn't need it or have any uses besides trade.
"But the old loot system was to crazy"
Alright, I'm not saying go back to the exact system we used to have because item rarity didn't exist. However don't make it like it is now, bump some drop percentages in the scripts up a little. Majority of people are complaining about the new drop rate, and Devs you don't seem to care. The numbers of players online at one time are dropping by day.

---->#2 You have got to be joking with me.... Compare level 25 items to 30, it's not even funny the difference. 30 destroys 25. Now compare 35 to 30 it's almost like what the hell? Where's the upgrade. "archer wise" Now I will say, warrior tanks have got it going for them now. And dagger archers. But Bow/Xbow Archers and Enchants chuckle at the new loot, it's seriously a different skin.... Maybe +2 or 3 stats here and there.
But some of the 35 pinks are worse no lie, which just makes me shake my head and wonder why?

---->#3 What do I mean by that? Well when I invested money into Pocket Legends archers were alot better and as of now I'm only enjoying archers. Lately bow bears are beating birds at their own class. Like I mentioned above the drop rates have died, they used to be so much more fun.... "but the economy had to be fixed" i say maybe you should put them back where they were. If you want items that not many people will have introduce them with pvp, make a pvp currency from wins and it takes a ton to buy these new awesome pinks. But besides that the new drops almost aren't even fun.

But I know I'm gonna get flamed by millions for posting this.... Yay always haters, probly would still be hated if I said free platinum to everyone. Because to someone that would just be unfair some how.

TheBaconKing
05-15-2010, 05:13 PM
No flaming here, I completely agree.

#1 I created this thread and everyone ignored or didn't approve. The looting system sucks for the rare items.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?1677-A-serious-looting-system-need-to-be-thought-up

#2 I also created this thread, which really didn't get much response. The few who posted agreed with me that the rarer the items the more it sucks compared to other items.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?1793-Aren-t-pink-items-supposed-to-be-awesome

I have recently switched to a bow bear, mainly for pvp, but in pve they do great damage. I wanted, really really wanted, to just stick it out with my 2hander and do dps as a warrior, but couldn't. The melee auto attack SUCKS! I constantly loose the auto attack and keep having to hit it over and over and over again just for one target. Not to mention all the chasing I have to do because of someone wanting to shove the enemy half way across the map.

Obliteration
05-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Nice item comparing thread, i didn't even think to mention 35 purple to 35 pink, it is sad... But i don't man I feel the quality we had 2 or 3 weeks ago is gone. Not near as friendly players either.

Xanthia
05-15-2010, 05:48 PM
I completely disagree with #1. The whole point of the game is to get good gear, and if everyone has it, the game is boring. So, they should decrease the drop rate, I would like to see it harder to get items, still to many players that have no idea how to play their class waking around in the best gear.

#2 I completely agree with you, the Ancient Swamps gear sucks..it takes all Pinks from AS to outdo the Pinks from LE.

#3 I dont agree or disagree. Classes are going to get changed and nurfed and buffed. So if you can't handle the ups and downs then i suggest you not play MMO's. I have been playing MMO's for over 10 years and every class I have ever played has been nurfed and buffed. So you need to find the class you enjoy playing so that you will continue playing it even if they are nurfed. If not then I place you in the LARGE stack of players who play the "class of the month," or what ever class is currently popular or buffed. Just accept that classes are going to go up and down and enjoy the game.

Ogediah
05-15-2010, 05:57 PM
First of all, thanks developers for the hard work. Truthfully the list of thing you have provided are mostly things the community has previously asked the devs to change, so i think the complaints are more directed at the community, and more of a plea to the devs to change again.

I was a VERY strong supporter of keep rare items rare, but something is bad when i play hours a day and in 5 days, I have seen ONE PURPLE. (and at that, a worthless purple)
The biggest problem people are having now, is that yes, Rare item are rare.... But the rare items are not worth the trouble. We wanted an equal trade out on time invested and payout.
First suggestion: Make rare items have kick *** stats.
Another suggestion is keep pinks rare, but increase other areas. I'm tired of literally getting trash every drop.
Another suggestion: Possibly even make a way to buy the basic versions of these extremely rare pinks for LARGE amounts of gold. This would provide a gold dump and somewhat of a backdoor, to encourage players to keep playing even if they dont get their item by looting.

You could even combine all of these suggestions if you like.

100 percent agree.
The new dungeon concept, maps, etc? WONDERFUL. Content Stats (items etc)? COMPLETE TRASH.
Every new dungeon we do, takes more time and resources to complete, therefore the payout should be much better. The items are creative and look awsome, but the stats are complete trash compared to level 30 items.

No Kidding it isn't the same game you put money into... Have you seen how many updates have been around? I wasnt 100 percent pleased, but looking at the roadmap, and how far the game has already come- I can only be encouraged :)

BestHyun
05-15-2010, 06:48 PM
" But some of the 35 pinks are worse no lie, which just makes me shake my head and wonder why? "
Nice rhyme right there ^_^

I think the drop is fine at the moment, and I think everything will slowly get better as secure trade comes out. Hopefully gold will be used as the main currency.
I agree with the item upgrades between 30 to 35 and 35 purps to 35 pinks. 35's and the pink versions should have a bigger and better difference.

Justg
05-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Good feedback, and appreciated.

1) Drop rates are a very tough balance to obtain, since people play the game very differently. Some people play minutes a day, some play hours. We tweak it based on feedback, but have been letting the last iteration bake in in anticipation of secure trade. It will be interesting to see how secure trade affects opinions.

2) The assessment of gear spread for 30-35 is accurate. We still have some loot left to distribute for that range, our feeling is to sprinkle it out rather than have everyone (or at least the hard-cores) find everything the first 12 hours it is out. The stats are another matter. Balance is also extremely tricky but the items do need to be worthwhile. Cinco has his hands full but is always willing to listen to your opinions about what needs to be tweaked.

3) As far as it not being the same game, no surprise :) It can and will change, sometimes daily, in response to feedback (see 1 & 2 above). We are always striving to make it a fantastic and extensible play experience.

Regarding flaming... we hope not. You have good, honest, well-delivered feedback and we are completely open to that.

- g

Azrael
05-15-2010, 10:43 PM
1 - Disagree. Pinks should be very rare. The real issue is that theybare the only items worth wearing generally (excluding some bear and eagle purples). I rather see green and purple and pink weapons all scale better, and have more diverse stats. The reason you think the drop rate is low is because u ONLY consider pinks to be a "drop".

2- Mostly Agree. Zombie and mambooza is good, armorsnall are improved ar and same stats as le if conquor. The bayou bow may suck but the new daggers and talons are good. Mage weapons are better, some warrior weapons are better. Seems to me like your real complaint is the lack of archer gear.

3- Its an MMORPG. If you can't accept the game changing, or specificly Archers not being the easiest and strongest class, then I suggest you wait to see what the developers do before spending more money. Everyclass will have its ups and downs. I don't agree that bow bear beats out dps archers when it comes to range, especially without pots. Dagger bears probably are better though. The same issue exists with paladins (str chantress).
Quite frankly archers still do the best/fastest damage against a single target, and sustain that damage without pots the best. No the new archer bow isnt good, but the extra 25 dex you got from the 30-35 still has archersn with very high crit in particular. Your clas is only level 35 and your already at 40 crit range...

Anyway, your not wrong on everything, but you only view the game through the lens of an archer. Anyone who plays an mmorpg and only thinks about the game with an interest in one class, will inevitably be disappinted at some point. It's up to you if you want to stick around.

Obliteration
05-16-2010, 12:46 AM
I also have a warrior my friend, as I said. Tank gear is great so just because my sig says archer doesn't mean anything.
I wasn't aiming through and archers eye I also talked about enchantress gear. Which i do not have an enchantress and I explained why in another thread, but however don't feel the reason is appropriate to keep repeating.