PDA

View Full Version : Hazmat Containment Unit Quest is ingenious.

Physiologic
02-08-2011, 05:48 AM
Specifically talking about in the Fetid Halls, where you destroy the 8 hazmat containers to create an "emergency mode" and you get a temporary "suit" that protects you from the hazardous barrels on the way to Dr. Noxious. Very cool idea to whoever thought of that, hope to see more unique quests like that :)

Lesrider
02-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Ooo I was wondering what those were for and what the radioactive rings do! Sounds cool.

Physiologic
02-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Yeah, it took me a little bit to figure that out the whole green rings thing protecting you from the poison barrels. The quest texts give you some sort of hints though, but sometimes they're a bit too abstract to understand.

Fyrce
02-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I figured out the barrels thing and then helped a friend with the Noxious thing. He walked me through it and I helped him kill the guy :)

Kujen
02-09-2011, 02:48 PM
I enjoyed this quest a lot. But I had to do it myself. Its hard to find people doing these quests, where you find the portal inside a map.

drewcapu
02-09-2011, 03:18 PM
What's tricky about it is if someone joins late who hasn't done it before and only gets credit for some of the barrels. They end up being useless until they find another run to complete the quest to get access for the shield.

Kujen
02-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah when i was soloing him, I had died multiple times before somebody joined. And I was thinking "yay!" but then they left. Maybe its something you just need to wait for a group before you start. In a similar quest, I entered a portal and only one other person was there. They'd already done part of the quest, so I went through the map but never got to complete the quest.