PDA

View Full Version : Planar tombs, a different and probably unpopular perspective

Thrindal
11-14-2014, 09:53 AM
First of all in regards to DC issues I only experienced this for one day in Tindrin Elites the same day the test server went live. I guess I'm lucky in that regard.

As for tombs I have a different perspective, it is going to be unpopular but please keep the discussion constructive.

I am a Mythic Rogue with a Legendary Bow, all my gear is fitted with grand Fire gems. I had no DC issues yesterday when I ran.

First PUGS are impossible but they are in Shuyal and Tindrin elites as well, this shouldn't be a surprise. I ran with other mostly Mythic players including one of the best Tanks I know. Party makeup is hugely important.

Level 1:

Mobs are only slightly harder than elite Shuyal and Tindrin Mobs. No major issues with deaths here just a long map which is fine.

Boss was death fest at first, we then stopped and discussed a strategy including pets and where to fight the boss. After a refinement or two we were able to repeatedly run the map with very low Death Counts.

As with other top level Elites revives make things much easier but I never experienced the 100-200 revives in this map others have reported. First run might have been 15, now we run with no more than 2-3 revives.

Level 2:

First run took forever but once you learn the route it's not bad.

Mobs once again were slightly harder than top level elite mobs, no major surprise.

Boss was in many ways easier than first boss except the Curse which you have to learn how to handle. I hate curse :-). The Boss just has insane health and takes time.

Death rate ultimately was higher than level 1 but I'd say it ended up around 5-6 deaths but could be better with more practice.

Level 3:

At this point I was exhausted so haven't tried it yet but from what I hear its like battling Truell in TDM. Ugh that sounds exhausting. I'll report back my experience once we run the map.

Given the amount of elite loot now available I don't want to see fully geared top players everywhere in a week or two. As it is you should expect to see pendants in about a week.

Every time elites come out we tend to struggle, DC issues not withstanding. It takes time for strategies to form and be refined. You will die, possibly a lot at first but as you learn strategies things get easier. I know revives are expensive but the nature of all top level elites are that if you don't at the very least revive at the boss you and your party will struggle.

I hate the idea of 100% tooth drop rates. We do have 100% drop rates on Planar Fragments and essence drop rates seem difficult but reasonable considering the reward.

I think we complain a lot that there is no gear variety at cap. Well you know what, with the high difficulty level we are gonna have gear variety for a while with the grind required to obtain items.

Elites are not for everyone but if you want to learn and dedicate time they can be mastered. I don't see Planar Tombs any differently. Join a true Elite Guild and listen and learn. I would never try a PUG in these maps and will always run with at least 3 Guild Members I work well with. The fourth could be a Trainee. Yes I get annoyed when folks don't revive at boss because then I will die more.

So personally, I have no issues with Planar Tombs difficulty considering the rewards.

DC issues are a problem though even though I only had one really bad day and things are better now for me.

Otahaanak
11-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Agree with you Thrin 100%

If I could just complete a run with all 4 party members it would be nice. Most of the time though I lose 2 and as a mage it's just not feasible for me and 1 other party member to finish a run - which is getting costly. If the DC issues were fixed, I would have not a single complaint.