PDA

View Full Version : Crafting bug i hope

King Richie
02-08-2011, 06:12 AM
I just bought a cloth fabric recipe and when i went to make another one it asked me to pay 10 plat again ... what gives ... please dont tell me you have to spend 10 plat every time to craft =(

Kossi
02-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Sorry to break it to you....

King Richie
02-08-2011, 06:16 AM
That blows so hard !! that actually means there is no possible way to craft in this game without spending a fortune !! if you buy a recipe it should be YOURS !!! you have just spent 79c of your hard earned money to buy a fake recipe .... i for one dont want to have to spend 79c every time ... what gives sts ?

cynic
02-08-2011, 06:17 AM
well this is the end for me doing crafting, its absurd!!

King Richie
02-08-2011, 06:18 AM
well this is the end for me doing crafting, its absurd!!

Its not like sts to do that im hoping its a bug !! because thats just honestly ridiculous !

cynic
02-08-2011, 06:24 AM
i spend about 80 plat on cloth and chain and it brought me nothing!! This is so sad, this should have been the new fun thing in this game but it backfires bigtime!!

King Richie
02-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Ikr i have neen looking forward to crafting for so long well if the whole 10 plat each time stays in effect id like a refund on the one i just bought because im not ever doing it again ... Most expensive and pointless task ever ... i worked it out to make a level 5 pink it would cost you 70 plat .... thats more then every campaign !!

cynic
02-08-2011, 06:26 AM
for something positive , the new qs and bosses are coooooool

King Richie
02-08-2011, 06:29 AM
That is very true my friend !! dont get me wrong sts i love the map and all but you made a boo boo of crafting !!

cynic
02-08-2011, 06:31 AM
i really dont get it the devs must understand that were all gonna turn our backs on a fun new part of the game! Very dissapointing!

Riccits
02-08-2011, 06:33 AM
in the update note is written that the lvl 55 recipes drops rarley from bosses too..
did someone get one of them..?

cynic
02-08-2011, 06:35 AM
sorry but what is the use of rare recipes when it cost u a fortune? it will take me about 30 euro to make it with all the platinum

Lesrider
02-08-2011, 06:56 AM
So am I understanding this correctly -- you're buying the recipes AND ingredients? The ingredients aren't even lootable? Or are people just too impatient to find out so they slap down money?

cynic
02-08-2011, 06:59 AM
to make 1 cloth u need to buy the recipe over and over for every cloth u make, it cost 10 plat each time.
how silly is that, like u forget how to make it after buying it :P

King Richie
02-08-2011, 07:20 AM
No you can get to ingredients to make everything from drops and or gold purchases but to make the item
You need a recipe and to get the recipe you need to spend 10 plat every time :( It's like after you use the recipe your character gets amnesia and instantly forgets it :(

Riccits
02-08-2011, 07:21 AM
So am I understanding this correctly -- you're buying the recipes AND ingredients? The ingredients aren't even lootable? Or are people just too impatient to find out so they slap down money?

yep les i see it so... but i dont c it as the right way.... :-/
some ingredients u can buy for gold in the store.. didnt look much in in this yet...

King Richie
02-08-2011, 07:24 AM
yep les i see it so... but i dont c it as the right way.... :-/
some ingredients u can buy for gold in the store.. didnt look much in in this yet...

No thats not true there is no way to loot cloth and leather and plate recipes they HAVE to be purchased over and over

Riccits
02-08-2011, 07:30 AM
No thats not true there is no way to loot cloth and leather and plate recipes they HAVE to be purchased over and over

ughughugh ;(

Echelong
02-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Well this sucks. not only they are 10 plat each but you have to buy them every time? I thought it was a joke but apparently it isn't.

King Richie
02-08-2011, 07:39 AM
No it has to be changed to a one time purchase !

cynic
02-08-2011, 07:40 AM
it is a joke but not on our side

TwinkTastical
02-08-2011, 11:04 AM
STS no longer cares about the players, sorry, its business.

Lesrider
02-08-2011, 11:05 AM

Nooo don't make me go crawling back to DD.

They must have some plan... No?
Rings and recipes costing plat seems so unlike PL...

StompArtist
02-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Sounds like a case of player base growing too fast for business plan. Gotta find quick cash for server upgrades and new staff payroll. :D

Royce
02-08-2011, 11:13 AM

Twink, give them a chance. I will admit, crafting seems ugly to me right now, given the costs and the fact that you apparently must pay to get top gear for a dungeon you have already purchased. However, I think we should give them time to adjust. Crafting is brand new, maybe they will work out a better system, or maybe there is something we don't know about getting recipe drops (though I'm starting to doubt that). Anyway, I doubt they have stopped caring about the players, and I have hope that they will get this stuff back on the right track.

BeardedBear
02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
One thing I noticed with STS, is they like to overcharge for new things, wait for negative feedback - which they KNOW will come with nonsense like this - and then correct it. They should know off the bat people won't like the amount of play it costs for crafting, but they still put it out there regardless, because they knew a bunch of retards would spring for it and they they were absolutely right. (Richie, you are not a retard btw, that was not to be taking literally.)Has anyone noticed this pattern?

Besides the whole crafting thing, I don't have much more complaints, if any.

Edit: While i may be rash with my "complaint" I do love the new campaign. The idea of daily and weekly quests is awesome, also the whole setup with the cells, steam room, etc, where you have to go through one level to get to another. The quests are clever as well, not just the kill blah blah blah business. And yeah, the rings costs plat, which may be overpriced at the moment, but man, look at the freakin' selection!

Justg
02-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Looking at this right now, please expect more info later today. Thanks for your patience, and appreciate the flame-free feedback.

j46g629h
02-08-2011, 11:24 AM
just don't waste your money on this,
for me, it doesn't matter even though they decide not to change
I will pretend that there is no this feature in 1.7
anyway, I think they will close this thread soon as they don't want us to discuss this here

Tsarra
02-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Looking at this right now, please expect more info later today. Thanks for your patience, and appreciate the flame-free feedback.

And this is why I didn't ragequit.

Everything I've read on the forums says that they will make this fair and equitable. This was their first crack at a pricing model on this...give them a break. :p STS DOES care about their players...they didn't almost win the Best App Ever Award for nothing, you know. ;)

Snakespeare
02-08-2011, 01:08 PM
So... recipes don't drop? We can only buy them for 10 plat, and they are not reusable? It doesn't make sense. Generally, things that don't make sense get modified until they do make sense.

I think recipes should drop. Maybe there is a problem with them dropping.

On of te attitudes of the devs is to be tight-lipped about some things, like when we beg them to tell us if level ten pinks still drop and they don't say anything. They know that one of use will eventually get a level ten pink drop, and that works. Part of the game is to discover the answers, not to have the devs tell us everything.

Along the same lines, there seems to be a bunch of discoverable stuff for us in this whole crafting system. Maybe it's not working the way they intended, yet.

It's gotta be that recipes drop. We have to keep farming until we find them. I am using low twinks for this, levels 1, 5 and 10.

Physiologic
02-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Please realize this is day #2 in the crafting system, and as they don't have a test server for these things and instant feedback from testers, we have to unfortunately do that whole series of trial-and-error.

StompArtist
02-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Please realize this is day #2 in the crafting system, and as they don't have a test server for these things and instant feedback from testers, we have to unfortunately do that whole series of trial-and-error.

This is true. The game will see some adjustments. On the upside because of this they have the freedom to change things rapidly when enough peeps "whine" about it (making the shadow quest unrewarding is a prime example of this). So the players get a game that suits their need at the expense of being beta testers a little bit. Sounds like a great trade off to me!

Lesrider
02-08-2011, 02:03 PM
At least all their tweaking can't cause a data wipe (at least I don't think).
So I'm fine just playing through the sewers till they balance this out.

King Richie
02-08-2011, 02:40 PM
No im not trying to flame or anything im just trying to ask for a review of it .... like maybe if they keep the prices high but make recipes for like cloth fabric and all common !! and tradeable

Justg
02-08-2011, 02:43 PM
We are looking into it, thanks for your patience and flame-free feedback :)

cynic
02-08-2011, 03:03 PM
same here dont wanna flame, its just i spended some money on the crafting and for now its kinda lost on something euh that isnt right.

StompArtist
02-08-2011, 03:05 PM
We are looking into it, thanks for your patience and flame-free feedback :)

Where is my squirrel suit?

romgar1
02-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Guys as snakespear stated. There is NO test server. WE are the test server. Im actually surprized at some of your comments about the devs not caring about anything but money. Yes they have to pay the bills somehow, but they do more dev to gamer interaction than any game I have ever seen. There is one word I seem to be using a lot lately on this forum "Patience"

StompArtist
02-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Guys as snakespear stated. There is NO test server. WE are the test server. Im actually surprized at some of your comments about the devs not caring about anything but money. Yes they have to pay the bills somehow, but they do more dev to gamer interaction than any game I have ever seen. There is one word I seem to be using a lot lately on this forum "Patience"

Ever tried talking to devs in ANY other online game??? Not so responsive are they? That is because they are busy messing with the test server. I hope STS never gets one!