PDA

View Full Version : Arcane legends "To much data on Xperia Play"

octavos
11-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Hello devs, i'm writing because my xperia play where I play AL..doesn't move the data to SD card. My phone internal memory isn't large (but my SD is fantastic) and I have to move apps to the SD card to have enough space for apps. In the newest client, the patches are to much for my phone so I can no longer play on this device.

Arcane Legends v1.2.3.1
total is 35.mb
application 4.30mb
Data is 30.70mb
and the patches never completely finished installing.

if this device is no longer supported please let me know...Google play services now takes up 55.17mb on a device that useable internal memory 400mb.
Dark, pocket and star legends are still installed on my device..but Arcane is to much for my phone. I don't now if this is gonna change any time soon..but right now im left with chrome and my tablet to play AL.

Samhayne
11-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Hey Ghost,

The 1.2.3.1 client is the one that has the fix for both SD card and internal memory. It should work for you (at least we couldn't break it by installing it on internal, SD card or either).

What version OS is your Xperia Play running?

Can you elaborate about what you are seeing?

octavos
11-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Hello sam-o,

yea installing the app is just fine... just updated the new AL apk from google play store this morning.
my phone model is R800at, running 2.3.3 android. when I install the app..it moves it directly to the SD card...at the moment I have 1.2.3.1 but patching fills up the internal (So I haven't re-patched the apk again yet..because it screws up my phone.)..instead of going to the SD card. so as the patching begins..my internal keeps filling up..till it crashes my phone because there is no memory left.

proper data I have seen my phone which works great is...

total 4.34mb
application 4.30(rest is in sd) of the 20mb
data 44.00kb

I never had the re-patching bug that people mention..so now..I cant even play AL without removing tons of apps.

Samhayne
11-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Hello sam-o,

yea installing the app is just fine... just updated the new AL apk from google play store this morning.
my phone model is R800at, running 2.3.3 android. when I install the app..it moves it directly to the SD card...at the moment I have 1.2.3.1 but patching fills up the internal (So I haven't re-patched the apk again yet..because it screws up my phone.)..instead of going to the SD card. so as the patching begins..my internal keeps filling up..till it crashes my phone because there is no memory left.

proper data I have seen my phone which works great is...

total 4.34mb
application 4.30(rest is in sd) of the 20mb
data 44.00kb

I never had the re-patching bug that people mention..so now..I cant even play AL without removing tons of apps.

Hello Ghost,

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Do you think you can make it work out by moving some stuff off your internal memory to your SD card?

Because of a bug that was causing the re-patching, we're doing things differently to force it to work. We only have so many different Android devices here (and there are a lot more out there in the real world), so I can envision that there are configurations where the game used to work that now it might not play nicely. Hopefully you can get it sorted out. I know that we have a handle on the root bug that was causing the re-patching, so things might change up in a future version.

Not sure if that helps or not, but it is what it is.

-Samhayne

octavos
11-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Alrighty sam, so right now the game is now modified for phones with large internal/sd capacity for tablets and newest phones. in new versions of android this is disabled so many modern apps don't have a way to move apps to SD. Even tablets with a large SD apps are unable to be moved. (like my wikipad cant move apps to SD using a newer OS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipad)

So as it stands older Android devices with a low internal are obsolete (duh right)...or if a phone has a large portion of apps removed for AL to install. AllI hope is issues like that can be resolved soon. Thanks for your help sam...ill make room for AL :) thx for the post..and hopefully these lower end android phones can be compatible once again.

cami
11-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Octavos only move the app from SD to your device

octavos
11-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Octavos only move the app from SD to your device

tryin now :p i hope this works.

cami
11-14-2014, 01:55 PM
tryin now :p i hope this works.

ok :D

octavos
11-14-2014, 03:19 PM
ok :D

well..didn't work (wish the app stayed at 20+mb)..the apk size tacks on the patch files...So I had to remove all battle games..remove all small apps. the total size of AL is 66.74mb after I moved the app to the sd card. I might have to root my device to change settings..and remove older games that come pre-installed.

After everything is settled, hopefully everything can go back to normal soon.

Don't forget about me sam-o, talk to you soon.

kingxxian
11-14-2014, 08:53 PM
try to restart ur device,hope it works :)

octavos
11-15-2014, 02:56 PM
try to restart ur device,hope it works :)

Update*
Well, I had to reformat my phone. I installed all my old apps and still couldn't install the battle games. I can't activate my play store or the battle games because this forced Google play services to be installed. On a device like mine, thats to much memory. Playservices once installed can't be un- installed unless there is a wipe.

So buying plat or playing battle games must be done on my tablet. once AL becomes a small app again...i can put all the other apps back in.

Really googleplay services is a useless app that wasn't needed before. Like pl, sl, or dl didn't need it. So really it just serves little perpose. I hope the battle games can also not use this. But I guess to have an account with the battle games you need Google+ and the play service.

Thx devs, have a great weekend.

ujangkampak
11-16-2014, 02:18 AM
Hello devs, i'm writing because my xperia play where I play AL..doesn't move the data to SD card. My phone internal memory isn't large (but my SD is fantastic) and I have to move apps to the SD card to have enough space for apps. In the newest client, the patches are to much for my phone so I can no longer play on this device.

Arcane Legends v1.2.3.1
total is 35.mb
application 4.30mb
Data is 30.70mb
and the patches never completely finished installing.

if this device is no longer supported please let me know...Google play services now takes up 55.17mb on a device that useable internal memory 400mb.
Dark, pocket and star legends are still installed on my device..but Arcane is to much for my phone. I don't now if this is gonna change any time soon..but right now im left with chrome and my tablet to play AL.

mine is 66 mb, X-mini pro , Os android 4.0 ics , sad :(