PDA

View Full Version : NEW WEAPON - Planar Club : Overview & Proc needs rework

Jexetta
11-14-2014, 01:39 PM
Yesterday after doing maybe 8 runs of the Planar arena a member of our guild looted a new weapon for warrior off Taurus (The third boss), called a Planar club of tactics (likely to follow the old way of naming versions of weapons; tactics, assault, will).

Stats are as follows : Planar Club of Tactics, Level 41, Warrior
98.6 DPS, 47 STR, 11 INT, 3.16% Crit. Chance to proc on hit and 2X chance to proc on charged (normal / charged attack). Spawns a vortex that pulls in enemies and applies damage.

We looted the (likely) worst of the three types which would be a 'tactics' type weapon for warrior and that stats were comparable to a magmatic tactics blade. We played around with it in guild for awhile and it was a very amusing weapon. Where the weapon shines is it's proc, which summons a purple swirling vortex and pulls all enemies in dealing extremely high damage - this is not like a whim pull, you cannot escape and it continues to pull you in similar to the gem vortex on planar arena.

I would imagine in PvE this weapon would be a god send for warriors as they are really rather useless in general for elite maps. And pulling mobs together as a warrior would be nice and appreciated by mages.

The fun times end there however. In PvP this weapon is like holding a small range nuclear bomb if you get a proc. Not only will it kill the other team (The damage the vortex does is like a tiny SnS pool) but it ALSO PULLS IN YOU AND YOUR TEAM. If you get a proc wielding this weapon, and you do not have juggernaught up or horn ready, you're going to kill yourself and possibly your own dps.

How should this be fixed?

1. Please make it so the vortex does not affect yourself or your own team.
2. Please lower the damage by at least 1/2.
3. Leave as is for PvE - Warriors need gear to be competitive and useful in PvE maps, currently we have maxed out warriors that no one even wants to run with because having a mage or rogue is so much more useful.

I honestly shiver to think about how this weapon could absolutely destroy PvP at end game. It needs to be adjusted or 1 warrior with this and SnS could maybe kill an entire team. Proc to pull in the other team, hit SnS, and GG. Let alone a team of 3 warriors each having one. It's a cool proc, but it needs to be seriously toned down.

Madnex
11-14-2014, 02:53 PM
It is indeed an excellent proc and I know that at least I'll be reporting the PvP self-damage. Thanks.

Samhayne
11-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it along for a second look.

Ravager
11-14-2014, 10:25 PM
Proc does not grant kills and takes forever to proc as well.

Ebezaanec
11-14-2014, 10:41 PM
yikes, cluster overkill

noisy
11-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Please dont make these type of threads that leads a great weapon to crate weapon.

extrapayah
11-17-2014, 08:02 AM
well it don't have a +str buff like magmatic... and proc chance somehow a little bit less than magmatic... and enemy with higher movement speed, can easily get out from the vortex,

so... probably mythic sword is still better (don't have it though)

Froxanthar
11-17-2014, 09:56 AM
dont ever lower the damage. dont make it to be the second bulwark.

Cool1t
11-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Dont change the proc please just change in pvp so not as effective and does not hit own team