PDA

View Full Version : I figure this. Good job, Devs!

Haikus
02-08-2011, 08:30 AM
The devs made it so you can only get gear (pinks) a level higher than you. The reason why when you check the consignment shoppe, you see only new pinks as high as, 51 and 53.

So when someone hits 54 and get a drop there will be 55 gear. No?

I take this as a way of you having 'legendary' early on, so you won't have to wait until cap.

Earlier campaigns there wasn't really pinks and if there was. It, per say, sucked? Fate, Destiny..

So just some things to have so you won't be like, I have to make it to 55 to wear my Roach Talon!

For the long journey it takes to 55. Probably won't be seeing a surplus of those, for like a week. Instead of cap in a night (previous campaigns)

Anyways, off to school. Enough of me rambling.

Just my two cents.

Lesrider
02-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Hmm only thing with that is... Lvl 51-54 pinks will get rarer and rarer as ppl lvl up to 55. I guessthe solution for that is to just wear your lvl 50 gear till 55. And the lucky few who do get a pink will be very wealthy indeed.

And are ppl going to freeze their chars at lvl 50, 51, etc just to farm those rare pinks? I don't really like that idea. But maybe others will.

I think they could have just had all lvl items, 51-55, drop to all lvls. Just so one doesn't become uber-rare over others and the one lucky person to get a lvl 53 pink or whatever, will be a gazillionaire.

Echelong
02-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Also you have to upgrade the level 51-55 gear via crafting. So I don't think level 55 gear will drop unless different sets.

Lesrider
02-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Oh also... That means if there is a rift/void/cosmos equivalent at lvl 55 and only lvl 55s can loot it, it's gonna make everyone rush to lvl 55 just to be able to loot it. I don't like that. If I'm killing all these bosses, I want a chance at the best stuff even if I'm not at the lvl cap yet. Seems like a strange decision on the devs part...

What do others think? Good? Bad?

Riccits
02-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Oh also... That means if there is a rift/void/cosmos equivalent at lvl 55 and only lvl 55s can loot it, it's gonna make everyone rush to lvl 55 just to be able to loot it. I don't like that. If I'm killing all these bosses, I want a chance at the best stuff even if I'm not at the lvl cap yet. Seems like a strange decision on the devs part...

you just answered yourself ur question about CTK ;)

i think lvl 51-54 is only a shot passage hopefully... i dont think ill get a pink and i dont care bcz my equip seems to be good enough to survie every map and boss until ill be 55.

my isis leather lvl 50 is superrare too, anyway noone wants it.... so, why should this crappy pinks be worth millions..?

Lesrider
02-08-2011, 08:57 AM
you just answered yourself ur question about CTK ;)

:( I don't like it. This is the first time since LE that we can do quests while leveling and the devs go and implement something that makes people want to farm xp instead of going through the campaigns as intended. Seems like a strange choice to me. They should not give such a big incentive to skip to lvl 55 overnight. I thought the journey was supposed to be the best part?

spacehamster
02-08-2011, 09:56 AM
:( I don't like it. This is the first time since LE that we can do quests while leveling and the devs go and implement something that makes people want to farm xp instead of going through the campaigns as intended. Seems like a strange choice to me. They should not give such a big incentive to skip to lvl 55 overnight. I thought the journey was supposed to be the best part?

Seems balanced to me. Us slow poke questers can enjoy the journey while the rush to cappers have a goal other than just get there quick. IMO :)

Haikus
02-08-2011, 04:34 PM

Yeah, kinda what I was saying, but I was rushed (because of school). Anyway, I think it's good for the fact that you get to immerse in the best gear without having to hit 55. I don't think there's so much as better (elite-r; the look and different) gear , as oppose too, just the level and a bit better stats. Maybe, there is. If there is we don't know, yet. So we'll have to wait and see. I see in shop 51 and 53. Level 50/51/52's looted this gear. So you have to actually level to get the best of gear. If that makes sense.

Lesrider
02-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Unless, like others have suggested, the Lvl 55 gear can only be crafted.

Royce
02-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Unless, like others have suggested, the Lvl 55 gear can only be crafted.

No, there are level 55 pinks, I've seen them. Crafting just improves them.

chrononh
02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
If this is anything like AO3, the highest level player in game seems to determine the level of the drops. When I was level 47 and there's a level 50 playing with us, we all got level 50 drops, including greens. When it was all level 47s, we got level 47 drops.

Btw, Les, this is why I was suggesting we keep one of our level 50 toons as "twinks."

Lesrider
02-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Lol well my bear is gonna be the last to lvl up. Prob after my Mage and bird are already lvl 55. So I can always use him for farming lvl 51 items I guess.