PDA

View Full Version : target selection in BS

Snakespeare
02-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Any suggestion on how I might improve target selection? Auto keeps targetting sewers instead of mobs.

Junside
02-08-2011, 10:13 AM
If you're not talking about the fire traps, there actually are stuff on the ground. I think they're corpses. Probably for a quest.

Royce
02-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Tap to target. Hitting attack while not targeting a mob (autotarget) doesn't work as well as previous campaigns because there is so much in the environment that can be targeted.

Echelong
02-08-2011, 10:27 AM
This could be solved if STS gave us a target change with the attack icon that you could toggle it on the menu screen to the normal (like it is now) and to change targets.

StompArtist
02-08-2011, 10:28 AM
This could be solved if STS gave us a target change with the attack icon that you could toggle it on the menu screen to the normal (like it is now) and to change targets.

Cycle target would be awesome!!!

Ptoast
02-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Sounds like they need to fix the auto target system. Maybe some kind of priority system where enemies first, chests second, then other environmental objects (barrels, grates, totems, etc.) last or maybe not auto-targetable at all.

Definitely needs to be on a aggressive > passive scale. I know thats kind of how it is now but I too have noticed trouble auto-targeting enemies with all the grates around.

Edit: Being able to cycle targets would be great!

Snakespeare
02-08-2011, 12:12 PM
I they were to change anything, then I agree with Ptoast: more logical auto-targetting.

But for now, what can I do during combat so that I hit adversaries instead of environmental objects?

Let me see if I can make an algorithm from Royce's suggestion:
1. Current bad guy reached zero hp and dies, dropping wealth untold on my happy toon.
2. Instead of tapping the Attack button again, I should:
a. pick my next target by looking
b. tap on that target
c. then tap the Attack button
4. Return to 1.

Well, I will try but I have a habit of tapping Attack as soon as it stops saying Auto, and the heat of battle is a hard place to break old habits. Maybe I should practice with this in Plasma Pyramid first.

Royce
02-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Snake that's really the only way to do it with so many environmental targets. The other option is to simply run right into your next intended target and then press auto attack (which will target the nearest targetable mob/object), but I wouldn't really recommend that strategy for a non-melee character ;)

Snakespeare
02-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I'm an archer. Targeting is essential to us.

thanks again, Royce. :)

StompArtist
02-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I'm an archer. Targeting is essential to us.

thanks again, Royce. :)

Talking about targeting... I would pay plat to have a "join the mob" option where you turn against some players... . :D