PDA

View Full Version : But... why?

Snakespeare
02-08-2011, 12:35 PM
OK, I was farming Meathead with my level 5 and he dropped some "Scrap of Plate" on me. So I went to Burke to try to figure it out. The scrap of plate, combined with another scrap of plate, and some sort of special thread, can be used in a recipe to make a piece of plate. The recipe costs 10 plat, for God's sake! And then you have to do this three times, so you pay 30 plat, and then get some gem that I now read is worth 200K. Once you've done all that, you have to buy a fourth recipe and for 40 plat and 200K, now you have level 15 pink plate mail?

Who would do this?

I'd rather farm Brom Dandy in Balefort 2 with a level 15, and save my 40 plat and 200K gp for something worthwhile.

Unless it turns out that recipes drop, too, and gems are not as rare as people say. But even so, I got one plate scrap of meathead after ten kills, so it may even have been lucky, and it would take 100+ kills of Meathead by my level 5 in order to make her the well-deserved level 5 pink. And then I ask again, why? If my level 5 kills Meathead 100 times, I should get more than a chance for enough scraps and recipes and gems, to possibly make a pink. If she kills that big zombie 100 times, she deserves some kind of medal, not just some scraps of metal.

Royce
02-08-2011, 12:39 PM
This is a major issue of discussion right now. You are not alone in being shocked by the platinum costs of crafting. Justg said in another thread that they are looking at it right now and to expect some information later today.

Tsarra
02-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Very eloquently put. :)

Snakespeare
02-08-2011, 01:12 PM
thx :)

@Royce: It's gotta be that recipes are supposed to drop but they might not be dropping properly.

If anyone gets a recipe to drop, they should post it, please.

Relytekal
02-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Or once you have the recipe it is that you always have the recipe and don't have to rebuy?

Snakespeare
02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Physiologic quoted Cinco from a chat session saying that recipes do drop from mobs. Perhaps we just haven't farmed them enough!

Physiologic
02-08-2011, 01:45 PM
I think the recipe drops are entirely glitched or the drop rates are so low they're almost non-existent...If G says "he'll look into it" then it's definitely something abnormal going on here :(

Tsarra
02-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm camped out on the forums at work on my phone, patiently awaiting an answer. :)

Royce
02-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Physiologic quoted Cinco from a chat session saying that recipes do drop from mobs. Perhaps we just haven't farmed them enough!

I believe (and could be totally wrong) that the current situation is that the recipes for the level 55 crafted pinks are (or are supposed to be) rare drops, but that the recipes required to craft components needed by those 55 pink recipes are plat only. So IOW you can get your recipe for a pink leather in a drop, but you would still need to buy the recipes for leather and other crafted ingredients.

Diodge
02-08-2011, 02:58 PM
I don't know where I got this but I know I didnt buy anything with plat.
I looked and I have a Warrior's Hat Recipe(req: level1 Use this to create your crafter's hat!) . I have been killin cockroach side.
I don't know if it's a drop or if it is something everyone gets.

Royce
02-08-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't know where I got this but I know I didnt buy anything with plat.
I looked and I have a Warrior's Hat Recipe(req: level1 Use this to create your crafter's hat!) . I have been killin cockroach side.
I don't know if it's a drop or if it is something everyone gets.

You can get that from the first crafting quest in forest haven.

antifas
02-08-2011, 06:47 PM
well to be honest, crafting kinda sucks :)