PDA

View Full Version : Armor on BS helms should be raised

Royce
02-08-2011, 02:48 PM
It looks like the armor on all BS helms is significantly lower than AO3 helms. Unless there are some nice set bonuses for the new gear, there would be no point at all in anyone using these new helms. I think the armor on them should be bumped up a bit.

rku
02-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Yup, i agree

Lesrider
02-08-2011, 02:54 PM
The only thing I can think of is that you're supposed to infuse them with those gems to make them more useful. But seems like it will cost a lot more to turn those items into something better than what we ready have. So not sure what the overall plan is here. Hoping others will figure it out so I don't have to ;)

StompArtist
02-08-2011, 03:03 PM
To be honest it's only fair that easy to obtain armor in BS would not be greatly superior to hard to obtain armor on AO. The AO quest taking a lot of work comparatively...

FluffNStuff
02-08-2011, 03:09 PM
The thing is, these are level 51, not 55. So I am guessing it will ramp up. Consider the Isis level 45 helms, they have more armor then the level 46 and 47 destiny helms. And we don't yet know if what is dropping is destiny quality or rift quality.

Royce
02-08-2011, 03:10 PM
To be honest it's only fair that easy to obtain armor in BS would not be greatly superior to hard to obtain armor on AO. The AO quest taking a lot of work comparatively...

Higher level helms should have higher armor. I'm talking about the pinks here too, which are not easy to get. Pink BS helms have lower amor than cosmos, rift, and void helms, and in fact may have lower armor than fate, destiny, and fortune helms which are very easy to get ;)

The thing is, these are level 51, not 55. So I am guessing it will ramp up. Consider the Isis level 45 helms, they have more armor then the level 46 and 47 destiny helms. And we don't yet know if what is dropping is destiny quality or rift quality.

Fluff Isis items all give 3 armor as part of their stat bonus, other mynas helms are not higher, and the level 53 pink helms I've seen have much much lower armor than cosmos, rift and void helms, like 15-20 less armor lol. Edit; and wait are you even sure that's true? I think level 45/47 battleforged helms have higher armor than mynas Isis...

Royce
02-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Sorry I just checked some stats again, and it's really only the Dex helms that seem to be a big problem. The other ones could maybe be bumped a bit too, but the Dex helm armor seems so low it almost has to be a bug.

icantgetkills
02-08-2011, 04:56 PM
yes royce it is only the dex items suffering here as they also have no m/s h/s on the pinks but 6 h/s and some m/s on the oranges... and my level 51 purple bow was better then my level 51 pink crossbow the dex items and some other items need an epic rethink expecially dex

Royce
02-08-2011, 05:16 PM
yes royce it is only the dex items suffering here as they also have no m/s h/s on the pinks but 6 h/s and some m/s on the oranges... and my level 51 purple bow was better then my level 51 pink crossbow the dex items and some other items need an epic rethink expecially dex

Well that's not really what I'm referring to ;)
The Dex pinks lacking any regen is a separate issue. The BS pink Dex helms having armor like an AO2 helm OS what I'm talking about, and think should be fixed.

icantgetkills
02-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Well that's not really what I'm referring to ;)
The Dex pinks lacking any regen is a separate issue. The BS pink Dex helms having armor like an AO2 helm OS what I'm talking about, and think should be fixed.

yes i do agree i compared a pink helm and -10 armour :/

but dex does need a remake stat wise in my opinion same with the other items ugh alot of work on the items need to be done lol

Cinco
02-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Which BS dex "pink" helmets? I'm looking at item data at the moment :)

TY,

- Cinco

Cmandial
02-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Raid Roach Gemstone Cap only has 11 armor

Yanis
02-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Given the drop rates and the prices at the CS, it will be a long while before this becomes a problem for me :-)
That said, I completely agree with Royce.

Ellyidol
02-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Not just dex I think, my OL Rift outweighs almost all the Level 55 pre pinks, havent tried pink yet.

I agree with Royce, unless there's some hidden set bonus we have yet to find out, I find it really weird.

I've also noticed some inconsistency with the gear. Some weapons/armors are better as green/orange than the purple ones.

Ellyidol
02-09-2011, 09:14 AM
The only thing I can think of is that you're supposed to infuse them with those gems to make them more useful. But seems like it will cost a lot more to turn those items into something better than what we ready have. So not sure what the overall plan is here. Hoping others will figure it out so I don't have to ;)

Can we infuse gems into gear via crafting?

These kinda stuff I don't get. I'm not sure what we can/cannot make aside from the NPCs recipe or list given =/