PDA

View Full Version : If there were no ankhs in this game...

matanofx
11-16-2014, 02:49 AM
Do you think we would have all these brainlessly 1shot bosses killing us?

We cant really defend against them except for hoping for a stun via pet.

In which game do you get 1shot by a boss no matter what gear you use or what class you are? not even in this game, untill the trade-able ankhs showed up

The ankhs gave STS a nice reason to make bosses not hard, just plat/gold draining, cause it does not take skill to kill the 1shot bosses it mainly takes ankhs.

I dont see the fun in this situation, elite used to be about taking time to master, but i feel like a sheep following STS's platinum flute buying ankhs to simply survive current boss fights

STS stop allowing bosses to 1 shot us! its not fun and its not how game mechanics should work.

Prahasit Prahi
11-16-2014, 03:43 AM
That's the reason game became pay to play...this is the point of "aarrgggggg".

CheifR
11-16-2014, 04:02 AM
Do you think we would have all these brainlessly 1shot bosses killing us?

We cant really defend against them except for hoping for a stun via pet.

In which game do you get 1shot by a boss no matter what gear you use or what class you are? not even in this game, untill the trade-able ankhs showed up

The ankhs gave STS a nice reason to make bosses not hard, just plat/gold draining, cause it does not take skill to kill the 1shot bosses it mainly takes ankhs.

I dont see the fun in this situation, elite used to be about taking time to master, but i feel like a sheep following STS's platinum flute buying ankhs to simply survive current boss fights

STS stop allowing bosses to 1 shot us! its not fun and its not how game mechanics should work.
This post makes the best point and the most sense out of all post relating to this. I wish this would get infinite bumps to assure every dev/community manager/mod everYone! Reads this...

ClumsyCactus
11-16-2014, 04:13 AM
Agreed, it is okay when it comes to bloodhammer in kraken elite, you know those Bosses Who has red zones that can easily be dodged... warriors even survive these sometimes.
But when ANY damage kills you, thats just not okay :/

CheifR
11-16-2014, 04:23 AM
Agreed, it is okay when it comes to bloodhammer in kraken elite, you know those Bosses Who has red zones that can easily be dodged... warriors even survive these sometimes.
But when ANY damage kills you, thats just not okay :/
Exactly there's no strategy to not being 1hit. It's LUCK if you don't die and that's bs

Kakashis
11-16-2014, 04:27 AM
As a runner of elites from the beginning, and having run tombs a handful of times, I can agree with the above statement and STS may have over done it this time.

These tombs take zero strategy and it's more about who has the bigger wallet to finish them. Not to mention it's taking 30min to over an hour with some of the most skilled players. If this is the new direction of STS for a MOBILE game, I'm done as its not only not profitable, it's not even fun.

Xorrior
11-16-2014, 04:34 AM
New Player : What strategy does my team use to kill Planar tomb 3 Boss ?

Veteran : REVENGE BUFF! REVENGE BUFF! REVENGE BUFF AND REVENGE BUFF x 30

Veteran again : oh the same strategy is for Arena too....enjoy :)

CheifR
11-16-2014, 04:39 AM
New Player : What strategy does my team use to kill Planar tomb 3 Boss ?

Veteran : REVENGE BUFF! REVENGE BUFF! REVENGE BUFF AND REVENGE BUFF x 30

Veteran again : oh the same strategy is for Arena too....enjoy :)
That's all?! :D

Socrates
11-16-2014, 04:49 AM
hope the will do it but they are busy with the winter event now guys how else they can make more money to make more cool bosses hahahahaha. (sarcasm)

CheifR
11-16-2014, 04:55 AM
hope the will do it but they are busy with the winter event now guys how else they can make more money to make more cool bosses hahahahaha. (sarcasm)
You mean make more suicide machines?

Alhuntrazeck
11-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Be careful what you wish for, I guess...

octavos
11-16-2014, 09:24 AM
Interesting thread.....it peeks my interest

Candylicks
11-16-2014, 09:35 AM
I think the tombs, unless fixed so we can run them better, will also become a dead zone.

They made a fatal error in that recipe as an extremely rare drop, so now we have no reason to play once we get the APs.

My take is to help my guild complete 1-3 and go back to merching, spending millions of gold in there running tombs is a waste of my time.

S)Bonesaw, scythes, and clean daggers ... (LOL!)

matanofx
11-16-2014, 09:35 AM
I think I should add that i am and im sure we all are greatful that we can get stash/invtory/char slots for story tokens

Elixirs/respecs/revives for gold, it does show they did alot to help the free players, the problem is the abuse of ankhs usage, as if they cost as much as potions do, while turning what was once fun fights into an "omg i hope i dont get 1 shot more than 20 times-30 times this run" fights.

I had to add this part to show this is a constructive opinion and not a rant thread.

scychogost
11-16-2014, 10:51 AM
when ppl look for a party they always say : Xslots need ANKH PPL

aarrgggggg
11-16-2014, 11:01 AM
You found the simple and constructive way to say what ive been thinking all along
Bravo!!!!!!

+11111111111111 to this thread
Let the truth be known

cjswogkstkdg
11-16-2014, 03:41 PM
All the mobs and bosses need a revamp. As a quote on quote, new user, i am really frustrated on how the game mechanics on this game is. Literally, you die from mobs, die from boss, die from everything. When there are 5 or more mobs surrounding me, there is no chance of surving what so ever, for any class and with any equips, even when you do spam potions. To be honest, potiona are not even cheap in this game. Wirhout spending ANY gold, starting from 0, i was only able to obtain around 21k gold from reaching to lvl 23 or so. And yes, i did all the quests and dalies. If you guys are gonna make us spam potions, at least make us be able to spam pots without losing so much money. Heal? Theres a long cool down on that and not many people want to waste 1/4 of their skill slot for. A. Heal.

You gotta put yourselves in users' shoe nd understand how the game is if such is like such, for example in this case is making us spam ahnks. This is just a frustration for users instead of making the game more..fun..

KingMartin
11-16-2014, 03:59 PM
The game changed from challenging game full of fun into daylight robbery.

I want the times of Skull Cove and Palm Rock crabby nightmare back. That was what you call fun, although lots of pain.

Howgh.

Energizeric
11-16-2014, 04:40 PM
Forget about bosses.... some of the mobs in the planar tombs can one shot me LOL

Ebezaanec
11-16-2014, 04:46 PM
I always entertained the idea of "changing spawn points." Planar Tombs are more like Planar Plains anyways and trekking back is tedious. So last resort is ankh usage.

Basically, the party would venture into a designated alcove of the map and clear the area. Then all party member (whether 4 or 1) would have to simultaneously activate runes (doesn't have to be exactly choreographed). The runes would allow players to spawn at that location rather than the start of the map.

Maybe 2 sets of runes? 1 halfway and 1 before the boss? (not extremely close, I don't want to discourage ankhs as a form of STG's revenue)

At least, we won't be burning a ton of gold with ankhs this way

Dalmony
11-16-2014, 07:49 PM
I 110% agree with you mata. I was just thinking today like... we already accept that we are going to have to spam pots to stay alive in this game, something which is not NEARLY so deeply entrenched in any other game I play. (in other games the boss-player dmg mechanics are set up so that you might use pots if you are in a pinch, or you might use 5-10 pots in a run when you find yourself in a tight spot... hard to imagine I know.)

Pots are far too deeply woven into the mechanics of this game to stop that now, I'll give them that. But now... not only are we expected to spam pots to get through any content in the game, to get through endgame content we are ALSO expected to basically spam ankh/revive as well.

The rate that bosses kill us is now faster than we could ever hope to spam pots especially with their 1-2hit combos. So now respawn spamming is just going to naturally slide into the gameplay too?

What kind of game does that?

Even Tindirin elite wasn't this bad... you are right its with the introduction of ankhs. StS claim its because this new content is being developed for "end-game players" does that mean those players who have had the wool pulled so far down over their eyes that we are now blind to what we're doing as we spam more and more real life money at the game?

Be careful what you wish for? Is wishing for free to play (or less expensive to play) content really that bad of a wish that players deserved to be trolled this badly?

Zeus
11-16-2014, 08:01 PM
As a runner of elites from the beginning, and having run tombs a handful of times, I can agree with the above statement and STS may have over done it this time.

These tombs take zero strategy and it's more about who has the bigger wallet to finish them. Not to mention it's taking 30min to over an hour with some of the most skilled players. If this is the new direction of STS for a MOBILE game, I'm done as its not only not profitable, it's not even fun.

I suggest you first solo tombs 1 and 2 and find strategies for each of them. After taking a step back and re-evaluating, I was able to solo tomb 1 and find my reasons for my death. Now, as a solo rogue, I can complete it in 11 mins 51 seconds or faster with 0-1 deaths.

Now, my latest goal is to find the strategies for tomb 2 and perhaps tomb 3 (if there is any).

The only tomb that I would rationalize as cheap is tomb 3. Tomb 2 just has a glitch with one of the boss attacks but it still has a strategic way to beat it. As players, it's our job to find it!

Ninjasmurf
11-16-2014, 08:24 PM
I suggest you first solo tombs 1 and 2 and find strategies for each of them. After taking a step back and re-evaluating, I was able to solo tomb 1 and find my reasons for my death. Now, as a solo rogue, I can complete it in 11 mins 51 seconds or faster with 0-1 deaths.

Now, my latest goal is to find the strategies for tomb 2 and perhaps tomb 3 (if there is any).

The only tomb that I would rationalize as cheap is tomb 3. Tomb 2 just has a glitch with one of the boss attacks but it still has a strategic way to beat it. As players, it's our job to find it!

There's a very small amount of people that are fully geared in this game Zeus. It's not about how fast you can run the tombs. its the idea that you need 150m+ to do it

Dalmony
11-16-2014, 08:42 PM
There's a very small amount of people that are fully geared in this game Zeus. It's not about how fast you can run the tombs. its the idea that you need 150m+ to do it

Too true. Saying that you can solo it in your maxed out gear which a very small percentage of the population is wearing is quite frankly not helping anyone. If you did that in regular gear, then I'll be genuinely impressed.

Arpluvial
11-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Hey guys!

I have cleaned up this thread. Remember to keep it friendly and appropriate, please. :D

Anarchist
11-17-2014, 12:59 AM
There is no strategy except ankhs around a one shot and the one shots are seriously too much. Add that to the costant sensation you are working for nothing and the game just gives you this wrong, bad feelings.

mlb2005
11-17-2014, 10:34 AM
This game has nothing to do with being fun for players. As long as the whales spend big money to pursue these one hit/revive maps the rest of us are out of luck.

The whole game is set up to scam you out of your money. Open locked? Yeah right you can pop 90 bucks worth and most of the time you will get 2000 gold each and if your lucky you will get some pinks worth 300 gold lol.

Buy the luck elexir from the shop and it doesn't work nearly as good as the one you get from klaas. (Maybe not true but that is what I have found)

As of right now there is no point in running an elexir since your cat may step on your router cable. Honestly, right now I'm struggling with even staying with this game. It's a shame too since this game could be awesome.

Ankh content will eventually kill this game. Too many people can't take part and if you don't get those people content they will leave.

CheifR
11-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Hey guys!

I have cleaned up this thread. Remember to keep it friendly and appropriate, please. :D
Nerf ples...

Dex Scene
11-17-2014, 12:18 PM
That One shot kill is in my opinion a result of buffing damages way more in ratio to hp and armor.
A good rogue at level 10 have 90-100 damage which get 5-7x times at endgame.
Hp at level 10 good rogue have 1400-1500. Which gets 2.6x times (4000) at game.
At level 10 it has 350-400 armor which gets 1400-1500 at endgame i.e 3.75-4x times.
Look at the ratio!!
Of course New gear needs more damage but buff HP more and armor a bit more. That way Pvp at endgame wont have 1 shot/combo kill, wont have One shot KO bosses just like old seasons' low level caps' damage/hp armor ratio.

matanofx
11-18-2014, 05:54 AM
So you cleaned up the thread, nice

But is this the new trend now? when we ask for "tough" bosses to you it means 1 shot nomatterwhat?

Id really appreciate some response about this, we want fun elite and event bosses, not kill farming bosses who cost us tons of gold/plat on ankhs

Atleast give us the opportunity to stay alive if we spam potions faster than the speed of sound.

Dalmony
11-18-2014, 08:10 AM
Also.... those new tomb maps are FAR LONGER and contain FAR MORE mobs than we actually need to kill. Is this also some sort of strategy to promote Ankh respawning?

I genuinely cannot see any reason at ALL for those maps to contain the extra distance just purely to run through, it unless its to discourage people from respawning at the start (and having to shamefully cover all that ground thus disadvantaging their party and putting pressure on to respawn on the spot.)

-1 to the ridiculously long walk of shame!!

CheifR
11-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Also.... those new tomb maps are FAR LONGER and contain FAR MORE mobs than we actually need to kill. Is this also some sort of strategy to promote Ankh respawning?

I genuinely cannot see any reason at ALL for those maps to contain the extra distance just purely to run through, it unless its to discourage people from respawning at the start (and having to shamefully cover all that ground thus disadvantaging their party and putting pressure on to respawn on the spot.)

-1 to the ridiculously long walk of shame!!
Lmao yea it feels like my party is watching my every move