PDA

View Full Version : This is the final goodbye

dudetus
11-16-2014, 06:21 AM
I have reached a moment in my life in which I have to cut all ties to different games.

Ever since I got my first Playstation 1 when I was 5 years old, I've been extremely fascinated with games. I had strict playtimes back then and it wasn't a problem back then. When I turned 15 years old I found myself fascinated by MMOs and began to try them out. I didn't play specific MMO for a long time, but I played all sorts of MMOs to try them out. Then I got my Galaxy S and began to play PL, a game in which I've had my best community. I became addicted to the game and the community. Then I ventured on to SWTOR, found my pc MMO to play. My addiction to games escalated last year when I began my studies in international business. I became depressed and couldn't complete my studies because of it. I had to take a leap year because I wasn't able to study because I preferred to escape reality to game worlds. In games I was good, I'm a competitive person and I always want to be one of the bests at what I do. I was naturally good in games and it required less work to be one of the bests than it required to be one of the best in my studies. I struggled last year with my depression, ignoring the fact that games were my problem, and I treated my depression by playing more. I began to feel better because I was able to just play games without concentrating on studies. I went back to school this year thinking that I am all good because I felt like it. My daily rhythm has been when I wake up I play until I get hungry. Then I eat some fast to be made crap, and play more. I've been playing games recently on average for 14 hours daily. School? Screw it. Girlfriend? She'll probably call if she needs me. Family? Oh, they're at home. Friends? I have my games. My escaping of reality turned games into my reality.

Therefore I'm now quitting all games and game related things such as these forums. Hardest thing for me to do is saying goodbye to our Kik discussion members, we've been together over a year and I consider u all my very dear friends. Vik, Hank, Coko, Max, Sam, Kiwi and Trenton. U're all very dear to me and I consider u as my true friends, we've had rly great times together.

Besides these people I'd like to say some other important people over here some thanks. Sue, Adam, Will, Charlotte, old Eclipse, my Unity pals, and so many many more.

I wish all of my dear friends only good, u mean a lot to me and it rly pains me to say goodbye. Maybe after some time I am able to get back in contact with u guys, but for now I have to cut all of my ties to games and that means I have to leave ur amazing company for a good while. I'm still just 21 yo, life is ahead of me and I'm opening a whole new chapter in my life. I'm eagerly awaiting what the world has to offer for me.

And thx STS for PL. Even though I've had problems with ur games, I've had amazing times playing PL. Even though I'm kinda disappointed about the direction u r heading, u're still my favorite game company, ur community is amazing and I hope u won't let it disappear from ur policies.

This is ur dear troll, Larry, logging out forever. Take care yall.

Reunegade
11-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Aww, dudetus :'( I've had the same problem as you. I've decided just to stop playing, because RL is more important to me. Wish you luck in real life. :)

Suentous PO
11-16-2014, 10:05 AM
D:

:,(

<3

Trenton
11-16-2014, 10:23 AM
I'll really miss you dudetus, good luck with your studies, bud. We'll definitely miss you the most in that chat, good times. Take care, and remember, poop in butt.
~Trenton

CAK Vader
11-16-2014, 12:57 PM
He will never read this ;-; bye bye dolan...good luck...tell gooby I said hi

Ruby!!!
11-16-2014, 01:08 PM
Oh Ninja I am gonna miss your wonderful weirdness and your weird wonderfulness around here :,(

More than anything I wish you that you'll find something out there that gives you the feeling of accomplishment that these games provide so easily.

Hei hei and onnea ;)

Zojak
11-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Even though we never really played together Dudetus our few forum/chatbox interactions have always been a pleasure! Focus on school, and try to find some help for your depression.

Cheers man, It's been a slice!

-Zojak

CrimsonTider
11-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Good luck to UA, brother. It is not always easy to walk away, but you know you are making the best decision for you. I pray for improved health and the ability to focus on the things you need to.

DocDoBig
11-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Wtf i have pee in my eyes now.

Larry i consider u as my big brother i never had, i bet u wont see this message anymore but i had my laughs of my life with u.

I feel bad for making such black humor jokes around your presence well knowing about your depression, idk how it feels pls forgive me.

Btw, I wasnt joking about driving to Estonia someday on my own to drink some boxes of beer with u. Only if you would like to meet me irl as real world friend.

As u can imagine i cant do it right now, so pls dont forget the name vik.

XghostzX
11-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Larry,

What you're doing is really courageous and I have absolutely no doubt that you're going to be far more successful than you could have ever imagined. You were the only person on PL that I would ever have weird, funny conversations with.

You're a good people-person... it's going to get you really far in life, along with the hard work you put into your studies. Bring that competitive Larry back to reality, and stick with it. You're going to accomplish a lot - and beyond.

Take care bud. Thanks for making me laugh everytime I see your name pop up on the forums. It's crazy to think that an online game could maintain a friendship for a couple years now.

Make everyday a new horizon, and a new adventure. It's a big world out there :sorrow:

Will

Suentous PO
11-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Wtf i have pee in my eyes now.

Larry i consider u as my big brother i never had, i bet u wont see this message anymore but i had my laughs of my life with u.

I feel bad for making such black humor jokes around your presence well knowing about your depression, idk how it feels pls forgive me.

Btw, I wasnt joking about driving to Estonia someday on my own to drink some boxes of beer with u. Only if you would like to meet me irl as real world friend.

As u can imagine i cant do it right now, so pls dont forget the name vik.

Reinstall Kik or line pls if not now soon, I already miss you and him.
2 big loss in one day

dudetus
11-16-2014, 10:25 PM
Damn me for making me eat my words, thx all for ur comforting words, they mean a lot to me :).

Reinstalled Kik messenger, made a too rash decision in the game related deletion, Inv me back and Vik, get ur butt back in here. Oh, and reinv me to chat pls, u know my nick.

I may have decided to abandon games and these forums but damn me, I won't be abandoning my friends, u guys are too important to me.

KingFu
11-17-2014, 05:07 AM
Damn me for making me eat my words, thx all for ur comforting words, they mean a lot to me :).

Reinstalled Kik messenger, made a too rash decision in the game related deletion, Inv me back and Vik, get ur butt back in here. Oh, and reinv me to chat pls, u know my nick.

I may have decided to abandon games and these forums but damn me, I won't be abandoning my friends, u guys are too important to me.

But I dun hav Kik :[

radagan
11-18-2014, 10:01 AM
I dont know much about you but goodbye!
"En tiia sust paljo mut moro!"

The Happiness
11-21-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm sorry Ninny! Since my semi retirement I rarely look beyond General Discussion so I've only just read this. No rash decisions in future pls? I understand what you're going through and why things must change but remember real friends are friends forever. We've got your back during the bad times and want to share in your good times. Its late for me (later even for you) so I'll kik you over the weekend. Take care <3

Crys
11-22-2014, 02:50 PM
The charm of Pl and Unity is leaving :(.
Understanding that real life is very important, just wanna say goodluck,
and try not to forgot your old Pl friends as you move on.
- Crys :)

Vvriter
11-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Bye, good luck in life! :angel:

dudetus
11-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Thx once again for ur comforting words.

Vik, where the hell are ya? U uninstalled Kik, how else are we supposed to contact ya? Get ur butt back in here.

Justg
11-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Kudos for a very difficult decision, and best of luck to ye!

Remiem
11-26-2014, 03:11 PM
I don't know what we'll do without all of your wit and sarcasm gracing our forums on the daily. We'll truly miss you, dudetus. Thank you for all you've done for the Spacetime community!

UserNameT
02-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Idc