PDA

View Full Version : Guys you gotta fix this issue asap!

beatrix
11-16-2014, 08:23 AM
I dunno what's wrong but if I am running hauntlet and some tombs which have lotsssssss of mobs, it suddenly disconnect me and got a terrible ping that I can't even imagine from green ping to 120k+++ ping!

I also tried in town doing all of us there skills and we all got disconnected. What's wrong with this game now? What kind of sorcery is this? :O

Guys, you all gotta need to fix this or you'll lose customers. This is not the game we expecting from buying $ 89.99 platinums right? You guys can check my account here cause Im seriously not happy anymore in the service you doing. You will fix something then end up ruin something in the game. Bugs everywhere. This is something that you guys need to fix. Im losing patience .. Nearly ..

Just saying ....

Hope someone from sts gonna hear this. It aint fun anymore.

Thank you.

Prahasit Prahi
11-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Hey Trix
This is what they answered.

It is not 90% of the population. Sitting here looking at server metrics and things look like a normal Thursday night. As for "seeing" the disconnects... Everyone disconnects at the end of their session. Some people kill their client in the middle of a dungeon map because it is time for dinner, or their battery dies on them. That is the frustrating thing, your issue and the guy who's cat steps on his power strip that turns off his wifi router look like the same thing. We are working on building in more tracking to run this down. Hopefully that pays off.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Candylicks, I understand you are frustrated. I am frustrated too. We all want the game to run smooth. We are committed to that.

To go back to the disconnects... Clients disconnect from the game all the time. If you are playing on a phone and you get a call you can be disconnected. If the user simply hits their home button, to the server, you just disconnected. I am not saying that it isn't happening. Something is, but it isn't everyone. I get that from your perspective it seems like everyone, but from.my perspective of looking at the server metrics, it looks like a normal Thursday evening with thousands of players online and playing.

Also, the live game server isn't running a bunch of debugging and "extra" stuff to help us track things down. It is stripped down to run fast. Now, we can (and are in the process of) adding more in to help us understand what is going on, but that isn't done haphazardly. We don't want to introduce more issues.

All I can ask for is your patience and understanding. For that I am grateful. Again, our apologies that the game is making you frustrated.

beatrix
11-16-2014, 12:49 PM
The effort is aint enough. This been running for months and months of disconnecting issues. How many more months patience do they need us to understand this? Been playing this game for 2 yrs now. And just these last 2 seasons, everything is just aint right and unacceptable. Fix something and ruin something. Come on guys! Have it fixed!

Energizeric
11-16-2014, 04:52 PM
I agree, I almost never disconnect, maybe once a month in my normal playing. This weekend I have disconnected at least a dozen times, and in more than 50% of the runs through the tombs, at least 1 of the 4 players have disconnected. Some of them are even using this trick of loading multiple tabs in google chrome so that if you disconnect on one then you can reconnect on the other and it allows you to re-enter the dungeon.

Meanwhile, I have a 100 Mbps cable internet line, and the speed never dips to be slow enough that I should ever really be disconnected.

jiph
11-16-2014, 05:08 PM
All of you guys say dcs, dcs and dcs I'm gonna quit bla bla BUT YOU STILL LOG IN EVERYDAY and if you know you dc WHY DO ALL OF YOU GO IN THE TOMBS IN THE FIRST PLACE
UNBELIEVABLE . just don't go period

mlb2005
11-16-2014, 05:13 PM
All of you guys say dcs, dcs and dcs I'm gonna quit bla bla BUT YOU STILL LOG IN EVERYDAY and if you know you dc WHY DO ALL OF YOU GO IN THE TOMBS IN THE FIRST PLACE
UNBELIEVABLE . just don't go period

This is happening everywhere not just the tombs. It has made the game unplayable.

Stelo
11-16-2014, 05:18 PM
You know what's funny though? I NEVER dc when I play AL, so I'm pretty sure it's not on our end anymore. Now, I dc from both my macbook and my iPhone 5c. ALSO, my macbook has wired connection, so there should never be a dc at all. I just hope it gets fixed before winter event. :p

ANITANOV
11-17-2014, 12:39 AM
Almost 2 month i got worst ping and DC in few times a day.
first time i though this was my connection problem and i tried to investigate. Already searching some tread about DC too ( included STS Tread about DC issue ) . its still nothing .
not only me got this DC issue , some of my friend got same problem . Now when i log into game i just only can play in normal or sitting in town to avoid i got dc in elite and party get mad . I feel so sad. Remien please help to fix it :(

Arpluvial
11-17-2014, 12:46 AM
Hey there!

We do understand that disconnects are frustrating and apologize for the frustration that you are experiencing. We have an official thread that you can post in regarding any disconnects or lag you are receiving here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?174551-Experiencing-Unusual-Lag-or-Disconnects-Look-Here!

Please post the following information in that thread:

- Estimated time when the lag or disconnection occurred
- Character Name
- Type or device and OS. You can usually find your OS version in your settings.
- # of players in party and map you were on when experiencing lag or disconnects
- Description of the problem. What exactly happened?
- When did your connection issues begin? (date)
- Have they tried playing on a different internet connection? (WiFi vs 3g vs 4g)

In the meantime, I am going to go ahead and lock this thread. Please feel free to post more information in the official thread above.