PDA

View Full Version : The REASON OF RANDOM DISCONNECTIONS.

Paulnaj
11-16-2014, 05:05 PM
I will tag this as "SERIOUS" and based on almost over a month of disconnections observation and trials on a client side. Please read and consider.

The RANDOM disconnects.

We, the client says it is not on our side, and devs says its not on the server side. A normal thursday night as they say. So it is not in any of the connection.

DO NOT be fooled by the misleading reports of some who posted on the given sticky thread. Some of those who posted there are misleading the true nature of this issue. There are somethings to consider before we blame our disconnects to the server, until you rule them all out, you can never be certainly sure that its not on your internet provider.

However, the DC bug exists..

All the reports saying they DC even on towns and etc while not engaging a MONSTERS are misleading and not helping on the issue:

Its almost certainly on client side.

and also those people who says they don't disconnect are misleading the investigations too, either they don't play at all or so little time to observe the issue.

LAG also has nothing to do with this issue. It is on client to server problem.

The culprit in this RANDOM DC ISSUES are on the content side, the MONSTERS, please look carefully on the new codes added / edited. This is not a network issue.

Something on the MOBS / MONSTERS code are making client side to freeze but not disconnect, all your party members still see you moving on their screen, casting skills and type on chat. But on your screen, you have going up ping and all has stopped moving.

This has something to do with the new added or edited monster codes. Please look into content added this past few.

Haven't you all notice? Its a random disconnect. Like a random loot, each one on the party has its own designated loot for that run.

Example would be the loot table. On the server side, you added a content on the loot table that doesn't exist on the patch you gave to the client side. Like maybe the energy essence? You removed it on the client side last patch but not on the server side database loot table, so when the server says it will drop energy essence on that random person the relationship of server-client breaks, like i said not disconnected: you just froze until your device cannot handle data you are receiving from the server because it does not exist on yours.

Or maybe the smelly helm and any other on the loot table that got added / edited up.

Another would be MONSTERS calculations on damage dealt / damage given etc that has recently been changed.

It is on the content recently added up. Please look further into it and give it some consideration.

On a side note, planar is not that hard and i think is a good content.

This bug fixed and everything will be back to normal.

PS: Do not listen to people who always defend you and on your side, they will just leech and tell you everything is alright but its not. The game is seriously dying. You log in and everyone is on town doing nothing and or braken or something that they will not affect the gaming of others and are afraid of disconnects.

jiph
11-16-2014, 05:28 PM
I play every day with out party and never lag over 150k ping. Sometimes i get 1500 ping but thats nothing. Sometimes in a party I completely lag over 150k ping ANY MAP.so my conclusion is 1 of the party members is stealing WiFi from Macdonalds or has the cheapest cellular phone in the world 2g service. so I almost never play in partys because of someone not having good Internet.thats why pings happen you don't have full lte 4G bars.NEVER PLAY ON A PC NEVER this games are designed exclusively for phones noobs

Visiting
11-16-2014, 05:39 PM
I play every day with out party and never lag over 150k ping. Sometimes i get 1500 ping but thats nothing. Sometimes in a party I completely lag over 150k ping ANY MAP.so my conclusion is 1 of the party members is stealing WiFi from Macdonalds or has the cheapest cellular phone in the world 2g service. so I almost never play in partys because of someone not having good Internet.thats why pings happen you don't have full lte 4G bars.NEVER PLAY ON A PC NEVER this games are designed exclusively for phones noobs
But, 120k is highest possible ping before automatic DC...

Paulnaj
11-16-2014, 05:44 PM

This is an example of one misleading info that doesnt solve anything or make sense in any matter or whatsoever

Farminer's
11-16-2014, 05:59 PM
I will tag this as "SERIOUS" and based on almost over a month of disconnections observation and trials on a client side. Please read and consider.

The RANDOM disconnects.

We, the client says it is not on our side, and devs says its not on the server side. A normal thursday night as they say. So it is not in any of the connection.

DO NOT be fooled by the misleading reports of some who posted on the given sticky thread. Some of those who posted there are misleading the true nature of this issue. There are somethings to consider before we blame our disconnects to the server, until you rule them all out, you can never be certainly sure that its not on your internet provider.

However, the DC bug exists..

All the reports saying they DC even on towns and etc while not engaging a MONSTERS are misleading and not helping on the issue:

Its almost certainly on client side.

and also those people who says they don't disconnect are misleading the investigations too, either they don't play at all or so little time to observe the issue.

LAG also has nothing to do with this issue. It is on client to server problem.

The culprit in this RANDOM DC ISSUES are on the content side, the MONSTERS, please look carefully on the new codes added / edited. This is not a network issue.

Something on the MOBS / MONSTERS code are making client side to freeze but not disconnect, all your party members still see you moving on their screen, casting skills and type on chat. But on your screen, you have going up ping and all has stopped moving.

This has something to do with the new added or edited monster codes. Please look into content added this past few.

Haven't you all notice? Its a random disconnect. Like a random loot, each one on the party has its own designated loot for that run.

Example would be the loot table. On the server side, you added a content on the loot table that doesn't exist on the patch you gave to the client side. Like maybe the energy essence? You removed it on the client side last patch but not on the server side database loot table, so when the server says it will drop energy essence on that random person the relationship of server-client breaks, like i said not disconnected: you just froze until your device cannot handle data you are receiving from the server because it does not exist on yours.

Or maybe the smelly helm and any other on the loot table that got added / edited up.

Another would be MONSTERS calculations on damage dealt / damage given etc that has recently been changed.

It is on the content recently added up. Please look further into it and give it some consideration.

On a side note, planar is not that hard and i think is a good content.

This bug fixed and everything will be back to normal.

PS: Do not listen to people who always defend you and on your side, they will just leech and tell you everything is alright but its not. The game is seriously dying. You log in and everyone is on town doing nothing and or braken or something that they will not affect the gaming of others and are afraid of disconnects.
False. I have disconnected 2 times today 100+k ping in town what town? Out post just going to check the auc and bam right when I go in there ping spikes to 120k and DC I can provide a SS if you want next time I get it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Stelo
11-16-2014, 06:11 PM

lol, "never play this on a pc", but before the new client, this game ran a lot smoother on my macbook than it did on my phone, so you've got the wrong info. my laptop also has wired connection, so there should never be a dc. The only times I dc are if I engage the mob OR if there are a ton of them coming at me, but that rarely happens. I mostly dc when i ENGAGE the mobs. Hope that helps :P

Paulnaj
11-16-2014, 06:16 PM
False. I have disconnected 2 times today 100+k ping in town what town? Out post just going to check the auc and bam right when I go in there ping spikes to 120k and DC I can provide a SS if you want next time I get it.

Like i said, there are many things to rule out on our side (client) to avoid misleading informations and to help solve the issue.

Farminer's
11-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Like i said, there are many things to rule out on our side (client) to avoid misleading informations and to help solve the issue.
You said ONLY the new mobs fault WRONG its a new problem that started before the update to planar tombs please don't say false stuff.

Paulnaj
11-16-2014, 06:35 PM
You said ONLY the new mobs fault WRONG its a new problem that started before the update to planar tombs please don't say false stuff.

Dude, please read my post again. I did not say ONLY THE NEW MOBS.

I am saying as whole new added content. I did not say its just on planar tombs. Just, please? Like i said above, DC ISSUE OVER A MONTH, The planar tomb is just recent. And we want it all fixed yes? Lets not mislead.

Please let us not argue with little things you understood about the post.

Farminer's
11-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Dude, please read my post again. I did not say ONLY THE NEW MOBS.

I am saying as whole new added content. I did not say its just on planar tombs. Just, please? Like i said above, DC ISSUE OVER A MONTH, The planar tomb is just recent. And we want it all fixed yes? Lets not mislead.

Please let us not argue with little things you understood about the post.
Lol sorry but still sounds like you say its just the new content that did this.

Commanderkeen
11-16-2014, 06:44 PM
I don't have any problems, never have. During the most recent Halloween event my ping reached 600 but that was due to the massive increase of people logging on and playing the event.

Paulnaj
11-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Lol sorry but still sounds like you say its just the new content that did this.

No, i have been having this issue since october, 2-3 days after the halloween event started and they patch a day after where they did a patch saying "STABILITY ISSUE FIX".

No one noticed this on elite maps because almost everyone is busy on the event, they only notice disconnects inside event so almost everyone thought its on the event, but the dc bug still exists today.

Up to now i am convincing myself and trying to figure out thats it on client side, but no.

Farminer's
11-16-2014, 06:47 PM
No, i have been having this issue since october, 2-3 days after the halloween event started and they patch a day after where they did a patch saying "STABILITY ISSUE FIX".

No one noticed this on elite maps because almost everyone is busy on the event, they only notice disconnects inside event so almost everyone thought its on the event, but the dc bug still exists today.

Up to now i am convincing myself and trying to figure out thats it on client side, but no.
Sorry if I misunderstood you been having a lot of things on my mind so I jumble stuff up when I read it.

Commanderkeen
11-16-2014, 06:50 PM

If it's the client then everyone would be affected. I'm not affected so it's not the client.

Paulnaj
11-16-2014, 06:52 PM
I don't have any problems, never have. During the most recent Halloween event my ping reached 600 but that was due to the massive increase of people logging on and playing the event.

Lucky you, but i have some questions:

1. Do you play in party on elite / regular maps on the event day upto now? Or solo?

2. Do you farm maps? Elites?

3. Are you on android? If yes, did you install the latest installer they gave that fixed repatch issue?

4. Did you log in on the days after the event that they patch things up everyday for 3 consecutive days?

5. Did you try running the new planar tomb?

6. Whats your level in game?

obee
11-16-2014, 06:57 PM

1. Do you play in party on elite / regular maps on the event day upto now? Or solo?

3. Are you on android? If yes, did you install the latest installer they gave that fixed repatch issue?

4. Did you log in on the days after the event that they patch things up everyday for 3 consecutive days?

I've only disconnected about twice today. And I'm back in the game daily. I still lag a lot

Paulnaj
11-16-2014, 06:57 PM
If it's the client then everyone would be affected. I'm not affected so it's not the client.

Please read again, im not saying its on the client side, im saying that it is on the content that doesnt match with server and client that has been changed.

Commanderkeen
11-16-2014, 07:01 PM

1. I play everything. Partied and solo

2. Farm lol. I just play

3. Yes, I'm running whatever the latest version is.

4. Yup I log on everyday to BS with friends.

5. Nope.

6. Lvl 41 warr. Lvl 41 rogue. Lvl 20 mage.

7. Do u have a crappie phone, crappie 4G, and crappie WiFi? Nope sure don't!!!!!

Paulnaj
11-16-2014, 07:08 PM

2. Farm lol. I just play

5. Nope.

7. Do u have a crappie phone, crappie 4G, and crappie WiFi? Nope sure don't!!!!!

2. Play. Right.

3. Good, they made that patch and luckily they fixed the dc bug on normal and or elite maps for android. ( i have a german friend who doesnt get dc bug other than planar since latest repatch fix. )

5. I am asking you to please try at least 5 runs and i will gladly welcome you to the real world.

Let us not mislead.

falmear
11-16-2014, 07:09 PM

You are wrong because:

1) The client runs on multiple platforms (chrome, IOS, android)
2) The client runs on multiple versions of Chrome, iOS, Android
3) The client runs on tablets & phones with different hardware capabilities (CPU, GPU, memory, etc)

So you could say its not a client issue if everyone was running the same client as you on the same hardware. However none of this rules in/out a client or server side issue. But your conclusion is wrong based on a false assumption.

Farminer's
11-16-2014, 07:11 PM

I'm on android and I still DC ftw

Paulnaj
11-16-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm on android and I still DC ftw

Yea. Its really random and annoying because you'll never now you're next.

Xpolosion
11-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Its only new tombs i see the most random dcs

Paulnaj
11-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Its only new tombs i see the most random dcs

Android?

Also, your signature pic :D

Zeus
11-16-2014, 07:35 PM

2. Farm lol. I just play

5. Nope.

#5 is probably the reason you do not experience the disconnect. The disconnects occur in other instances as well but far less frequently.

Zeus
11-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Here is my connection speed:

Yet, despite this connection speed, I still disconnect in all 3 client versions: Chrome, Android, and iOS.

Usually, this is when 4 or more are in a party and a large pull happens but it can also happen in any party with a large pull happens. Customers are literally giving STG exactly when it happens and some have even provided video proof so if STG could say why they are experiencing so much trouble in troubleshooting this problem, it would be highly appreciated.

This is about my 20th disconnect of the day and I'm highly frustrated. Issues like this greatly reduce customer satisfaction! :/

Paulnaj
11-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Here is my connection speed:

Yet, despite this connection speed, I still disconnect in all 3 client versions: Chrome, Android, and iOS.

Usually, this is when 4 or more are in a party and a large pull happens but it can also happen in any party with a large pull happens. Customers are literally giving STG exactly when it happens and some have even provided video proof so if STG could say why they are experiencing so much trouble in troubleshooting this problem, it would be highly appreciated.

This is about my 20th disconnect of the day and I'm highly frustrated. Issues like this greatly reduce customer satisfaction! :/

True, i feel the same. Ive been banned from complaining about this issue and was considered a rant and disrespect just for stating facts about the problem.

Zeus
11-16-2014, 07:50 PM
True, i feel the same. Ive been banned from complaining about this issue and was considered a rant and disrespect just for stating facts about the problem.

Lol, it happens. Just state your troubles respectfully and hope it gets acknowledged. These connectivity issues really frustrate me. My connection is better than 94% of the world and when I'm in college, the connection is better than 99% of the world yet in both environments - I go through constant disconnects.

Commanderkeen
11-16-2014, 07:53 PM
#5 is probably the reason you do not experience the disconnect. The disconnects occur in other instances as well but far less frequently.

Glad you are nicer about this than most.

I just love logging on and telling people my situation and they disagree with me, cause they live where I do and have the latest galaxy devices as me....

Zeus
11-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Glad you are nicer about this than most.

I just love logging on and telling people my situation and they disagree with me, cause they live where I do and have the latest galaxy devices as me....

Haha, try planar tombs 1 and pulling in a party of four. You should see that either you or party members disconnect. Over multiple runs, if you don't see it, let me know because you're the first I heard about that does not experience it. O_O

Xpolosion
11-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Only thing to do that works is using chrome and refresh page when you are about to dc and ull be back in the same elite

Prahasit Prahi
11-16-2014, 08:21 PM
But, 120k is highest possible ping before automatic DC...

My highest was 129k during old times of AL.

Hercules
11-16-2014, 08:23 PM
I agree

Justg
11-16-2014, 08:34 PM
Folks, this is our top issue.

Dalmony
11-16-2014, 08:35 PM
OP is right... it is something relating to the mobs which makes me disconnect, and I have only experienced it in the tombs maps. I don't get those random spikes which then lag me out in any other maps and I never have with the exception of some events / updates which have caused long loading times across the board or the halloween dc's which were fixed almost instantly.

Something happens in those maps, more specifically when encountering these mobs, which freeze the game out like communication gets cut off and the game needs to be restarted to gain connection back. Pretty frustrating when the map is timed so once you're out you're out :/

Zeus
11-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Folks, this is our top issue.

Will you be refunding players for the platinum and gold they've lost in DCs? 3 Ankh kits in stash like 3 energy kits type of deal?

Hercules
11-16-2014, 08:44 PM
will you be refunding players for the platinum and gold they've lost in dcs? 3 ankh kits in stash like 3 energy kits type of deal?

epic lol

Xpolosion
11-16-2014, 09:03 PM
God i wish refund would happen lol

Dalmony
11-16-2014, 09:57 PM
@ refund: well to be honest those maps take up a lot of gold/plat for the average player and to have that result in nothing not even 1 measly token through no fault of your own, not to mention the pure frustration even discounting that loss is definitely deserving of some sort of gesture.

I'm also sure that STS is aware of that, but I don't think anything like that will happen until the issue is resolved and there is a fix which they are clearly working on and which we are all praying comes sooner rather than later.

(yes I'm back here again because of another dc. Yes it was during tombs. Yes it was when more than 5 mobs were pulled. Yes the party started out as a party of 4... Yes it was a PUG. I was the second to dc meaning 2/4 party members dc and I highly doubt the remaining 2 managed to finish it as a duo.)

Raselph
11-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Lol, it happens. Just state your troubles respectfully and hope it gets acknowledged. These connectivity issues really frustrate me. My connection is better than 94% of the world and when I'm in college, the connection is better than 99% of the world yet in both environments - I go through constant disconnects.

well...nobody can be perfect right? looks like our professional devs also missed out something just like how we do in some fields...and seriously this DC...OMG this new client is like...spreads everywhere...when i earlier played on my Laptop in my university the connection was way good than any, and then when i downloaded the new client on my android at my university...lag lag lag and lag...and when i went on my other devices O_O THE LAG IS EVERYWHERE!....i actually wonder if this fixed or made it complicated...

eugene9707
11-16-2014, 10:51 PM
i think this may be a client issue? it seems that most a few of the dc's occurs on the same spot/mob?

We were running tomb3, and our rogue disconnect just a couple groups before the boss. Later we gave it another shot, again she dc'd around the same spot.

And earlier today, when running tomb1, 3 of our party member (myself included) got disconnect at the same spot. Further more, i've also experience a dc at the exact same spot prier to that.

i've also experience this on the test server where i have ping strike around the second mob encounter and then dc, it was frustrating and i was never able to complete tomb 1.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?186584-ping-strike

My ping is usually around 50-200, and dc was never a concern until the recent updates.

Thanks

Paulnaj
11-17-2014, 11:20 PM
Bump for remiem

kazzy
11-18-2014, 01:22 AM
they should've rolled back the ankhs/gold/plats spent just like they did on 2x mythic event, or they should pull back planar update until it's resolved to prevent people wasting time & effort

rainmasterz
11-18-2014, 01:37 AM
Agree.....21 dc'ed of the day ... frustrated playing at level 41 in planar tomb 1 i try to farm some teet in the wild and i have same problem, i try play at level 15 go to hauntlet and the result is DC again and again . Its disaster for this game :(

Dex Scene
11-18-2014, 02:10 AM
What I do now is get online talk to strangers in towns and chat in GC then try some elites and dc, try new tombs with party and dc, try new tombs solo and dc then go back to talking to strangers and Guild Chat and offline!

Kanaomi
11-18-2014, 03:16 AM
What I do now is get online talk to strangers in towns and chat in GC then try some elites and dc, try new tombs with party and dc, try new tombs solo and dc then go back to talking to strangers and Guild Chat and offline!

Exactly what I do, lol. *sigh

Mehmet Tuncay
11-18-2014, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=arcanexmen]False. I have disconnected 2 times today 100+k ping in town what town? Out post just going to check the auc and bam right when I go in there ping spikes to 120k and DC I can provide a SS if you want next time I get it.

Mehmet Tuncay
11-18-2014, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=arcanexmen]they should've rolled back the ankhs/gold/plats spent just like they did on 2x mythic event, or they should pull back planar update until it's resolved to prevent people wasting time & effort

Amadorbibidor
11-18-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm not totally sure if what you say it's right, but you obiviously seen something. I don't think it's because of the loot because i sometimes get dc in towns too, but you well observed that after the ping spike starts server keep receiving our commands, (use a pot, drop an attack, etc...) but you can't see what you doing. Few minutes ago I logged into game and the first thing I did was to invite a friend into my guild, but when I checked menu my ping was 60K already. So nothing appeared like my friend joined and I got dc thinking server didn't sent the invitation because I certainly got freezed at first second of gameplay. When I re-logged that friend was in guild. I checked log and saw I invited him 1m ago. Also I've been helping a guildie to pass grog beach, and he started to laugh saying I'm fighting with the air, and hitting nothing because they've been killed 10s ago. I obviously keep visualisating them like I didn't dealed them any DMG but I kIlled them 10s ago.

Nice observation!

Paulnaj
11-18-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm not totally sure if what you say it's right, but you obiviously seen something. I don't think it's because of the loot because i sometimes get dc in towns too, but you well observed that after the ping spike starts server keep receiving our commands, (use a pot, drop an attack, etc...) but you can't see what you doing. Few minutes ago I logged into game and the first thing I did was to invite a friend into my guild, but when I checked menu my ping was 60K already. So nothing appeared like my friend joined and I got dc thinking server didn't sent the invitation because I certainly got freezed at first second of gameplay. When I re-logged that friend was in guild. I checked log and saw I invited him 1m ago. Also I've been helping a guildie to pass grog beach, and he started to laugh saying I'm fighting with the air, and hitting nothing because they've been killed 10s ago. I obviously keep visualisating them like I didn't dealed them any DMG but I kIlled them 10s ago.

Nice observation!

Yea bro, the dc isssue is getting worse day by day, i just saw from forum chat that someone got dc over and over on pvp.

Amadorbibidor
11-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Yea bro, the dc isssue is getting worse day by day, i just saw from forum chat that someone got dc over and over on pvp.

I sometimes get dc just by connecting into game. Last time I had to force close, restart the game over and over (4 times) to get the stability to stay into outpost. When I went to kragg, DAMN, dc again ._.

aquascaper
11-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Try Hauntlet. It has worse DC than Planar for me lol. I dc once we reach the first pillar every single time. I was trying to help this guy get haunted ap and I kept dcing over and over at the exact same spot lol

Soundlesskill
11-19-2014, 03:29 AM
Sharing yet another DC story!

I recently made a new toon, and my boyfriend and I have been grinding WT4 for XP. Every second run or so, we get disconnected. Sitting right next to the router is not helping either. It has been happening since the release of Planar Tombs. It is not our connection, I'm sure of it. It's also happening while running Nordr (Again running to level up). For dome reason, I get clean runs when I run solo, no disconnects whatsoever.

It makes the game unplayable.

Haligali
11-19-2014, 04:49 AM
Sharing yet another DC story!

I recently made a new toon, and my boyfriend and I have been grinding WT4 for XP. Every second run or so, we get disconnected. Sitting right next to the router is not helping either. It has been happening since the release of Planar Tombs. It is not our connection, I'm sure of it. It's also happening while running Nordr (Again running to level up). For dome reason, I get clean runs when I run solo, no disconnects whatsoever.

It makes the game unplayable.

Im lvling a toon in kraag tombs 4, there are less mobs and you can solo there. Solo is the most important part, because if 2 player on map, then its a high chance to disconnect one of you.

Soundlesskill
11-19-2014, 05:50 AM
Im lvling a toon in kraag tombs 4, there are less mobs and you can solo there. Solo is the most important part, because if 2 player on map, then its a high chance to disconnect one of you.

Very true, but soloing gives less xp. And I really like running with friends etc.