PDA

View Full Version : H/s and M/s on New Gear

Cmandial
02-08-2011, 05:59 PM
As I'm sure everyone has notices, strength pinks have only H/S, inteligence pinks have only M/S, and Dexterity pinks have none. Was this intentional or is it a bug that needs to be fixed? Any comment from Devs and from other players is welcome.

Royce
02-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Probably not a bug. That's how the game was in the old days, a paldin had to go with nearly no regen to wear Str armor. My guess is the current sets will be supplemented eventually with additional sets offering different benefits.

Lesrider
02-08-2011, 06:11 PM
The weird thing is that last time we had something like this, they went and added h/s and m/s to nearly every item. So either they expect us to rely on rings for it, or crafting.
Haven't formed an opinion about that since I don't k ow how either works. But I'm wondering if people are just going to end up wearing their elite gear instead of the new stuff bc of this.

Royce
02-08-2011, 06:40 PM
But I'm wondering if people are just going to end up wearing their elite gear instead of the new stuff bc of this.

I doubt it. A bear with nearly 40 H/s would be pretty fearsome, even if he only had like 3 M/s from a ring. An archer would struggle a bit more, but with meditation, they could get by, and the damage increase with the new gear is pretty sizable. Mages of course will be just fine, they don't need H/s anyway with the heal skill.

Kirei
02-08-2011, 06:48 PM
but us Pallys are gonna suffer :( oh well, i will always stay pally even if the str gear gives -M/s

Royce
02-08-2011, 06:52 PM
but us Pallys are gonna suffer :( oh well, i will always stay pally even if the str gear gives -M/s

Kirei, I know you can handle it lol
I remember back in Fnord you ran pally when nobody did, when the only Str items with mana regen had 1 M/s each ;)

Lesrider
02-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah I was just thinking this may mean the end of pallies. I only became one when rift offered enough ms. I guess I'll have to see when I get to 55.

icantgetkills
02-08-2011, 07:08 PM
I remember back in Fnord you ran pally when nobody did, when the only Str items with mana regen had 1 M/s each ;)

so did i ^_^

Kirei
02-08-2011, 08:19 PM

man those were the days when all my money went to buying mana pots lol

Cmandial
02-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Yea it would make sense for them to make new 55 items with different bonuses like they did with Thoth Isis etc... I for one (as a bird) am using my death set until they give ke some m/s

Fyrce
02-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Or you could wear a ring to replace m/s on a piece of armor.