PDA

View Full Version : Farewell From Kalizzaa

GoodSyntax
11-17-2014, 02:15 PM
This has been a long journey, full of wonderful friends, interesting adventures, lots of excitement and countless hours of fun.

Today, I officially hang up the bow, and sail off into the sunset.

I will be logging in shortly to say my goodbyes and give away my gear. Originally, my intent was to sell everything I had in order to fund my final contest, but, to be honest, I do not have the energy to do it anymore.

I will likely keep my toons, mostly to prevent anyone from taking my name and trying to scam anyone. I may pop in once in a while to say hi, but my running days are over at this point.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2afi9k_farewell-from-kalizzaa_creation

I want to thank all of my friends for the companionship over these past few years (and especially a big thanks to my best friends - you all know who you are) .

I have no regrets, and no anger towards anyone. Without Arcane Legends, Pocket Legends and Dark Legends, I never would have had the opportunity to meet so many great people, to be a part of the greatest online gaming community I've ever seen and been given so many opportunities to give back.

Thank you.....and I'll miss you all.

All My Love,

Kalizzaa

Candylicks
11-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Oh Kali....

Really sad to see this. You have been an outstanding member of the community for a long time. Farewell and best of luck.

Nature
11-17-2014, 02:21 PM
You will be missed very much! Thank you for taking the time and using plats to find bugs, strategies, etc. Writing guides to run elites in legendary gears.

You have taught and touched many people in game and we appreciate it. Please do stop by once in awhile :)

MJ

notfaded1
11-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Awe for sure you will be missed. I hope you find something good to do with all your extra time!

Pillowhead
11-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Baaaay T-T I really enjoyed your threads and posts, you always have something good and interesting to say. :c Btw never seen you in game, really want to before you leave

Ign : incorrectiv

*+*

Spell
11-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Oh no =c .I really liked reading your forum posts . Although we dont kno each other well it saddens me to see such a brilliant mind sail off into the sunset =’(

Rare
11-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Hey man. Best of luck in the next chapter.

Kakashis
11-17-2014, 02:30 PM
Saddest day in Al history. I blame the new direction :(

Xorrior
11-17-2014, 02:33 PM
You will be missed Kalizzaa, thank you for everything :)

Appeltjes
11-17-2014, 02:33 PM
We never got the chance to do a run together but I wish you the best of luck irl :).

For the gear, try giving it to someone who you trust will give it away or make a cool contest :D.

Raregem
11-17-2014, 02:37 PM
You will be missed! Really sad to see this post.

Zeus
11-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Good luck, Kali! You are perhaps one of the most knowledgeable yet shockingly humble dudes that I know. They say knowledge is power, but as an individual, you did not show any of the ego associated with knowledge (and in turn, power). That's something that I've always respected and envied about you. Thank you for your never ending generosity of both the tangible and intangible type. I am sure that generations of players will still find your words useful.

On a personal note, thank you for inspiring to keep going in computers! I already told you the outcome of the classes I took and honestly, I'm happy! Additionally, thank you for showing me the love of soloing. It is truly a fun yet challenging task. I may have scoffed at it before but now after bashing my head in a few times (& my keyboard), I see the value of solo runs.

Take care,

Parth

P.S: I won't be saying good bye because I do hope that you come back.

Starkinea
11-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Ahhh Kali.... I have so many great words to describe you, but i'm too sad to remember all. Aside being a pro at everything that you do, you also a great person, selfless and always willing to help others.
It's a great loss to AL comunity, and i'm very sad about it personally.
I wish you all the best irl
We will miss you A LOT!
Come to visit soon :(
Stark

Firezmz
11-17-2014, 02:41 PM
New to AL and never meet you before. However, I've been reading your posts and really Appreciated what you did for the AL Community.
I stop by here to say Goodbye and Best of Luck in your new games and in your real life.
Thank You.
Best regards,
Firezmz

Idly
11-17-2014, 02:43 PM
Goodbye and good luck irl :'(

tharidom
11-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Best of luck wished kali :), altough we only have done one run I know that you are a great rogue.

raw
11-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Oh wow, Kalizzaa I'm sorry to hear this. You're one of the reasons I joined Elite Runners in the first place, and from my short interactions with you it's clear that you're an inspiration for all rogues in AL. I wish you the best of luck, and hope to see you back soon!

Mortalninja
11-17-2014, 02:49 PM
I don't even know you.. but I can say you are the one of the wisest players on AL, its really sad to say goodbye :( good luck

Kakashis
11-17-2014, 02:49 PM
I think I will hang on with this new system and hope things change. If nothing happens and this becomes Arcade Legends where we need to keep feeding the revives, my time may be nearing too. Doesn't matter what gears or weapons you have now, ank is the most powerful weapon. Burning 5 of them at a time is stronger than all your gears combined.

wvhills
11-17-2014, 02:50 PM
welcome to the retirement home with the rest of us old folks! It was fun while it lasted! Add me on "line" if u have it. My id is mtnbrorobgibson. Several of us keep in contact there!

GoodSyntax
11-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Thank you everybody for the kind words!

I never imagined that I could possibly have had this kind of impact.

It brings me tremendous joy to know that in some small way, my presence was felt among a population of tens (hundreds?) of thousands.

This is truly what I will miss the most...

Samhayne
11-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Back in my pro audio classes at Shoreline College, when I was studying to get into the music industry, we had a section on contracts. One of the biggest things that generated a lot of discussion in the class was the concept that, in any deal you set up with your band, be sure to detail how the rights and intellectual property are split up when the band ends (or someone leaves the band - do they get to take their songs with them, for example). Most everyone in the class was gigging with a band, or wanting to gig with a band, or working with their friend's band so it really touched a nerve point. What do you mean, my band won't split up! We're all buddies who have known each other for years, they would say. But... not all bands are the Rolling Stones - they all, and I mean all break up in the end.

So to with life. Good or bad, things end. Most everything's start comes from another thing's end. It is inevitable.

It reinforces that what is really important is not the end point, but the journey. It's what happens along the way. Hopefully, some of those bands turn out really great music, that moves people, makes them think or makes them feel in a way they never thought they could, before they split. That's the good stuff.

Kalizzaa, I can say truly that you have helped me to think in new ways. You have made a difference. It has been a joy to correspond with you. I wish you all the best that life can hold for your future journeys.

Respectfully yours,
Alex "Samhayne" Leary

Appeltjes
11-17-2014, 03:08 PM
I have no idea if you forgot to post this but my guildie just sent it to me and I found it a nice (touching) video
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2afi9k_farewell-from-kalizzaa_creation

jiph
11-17-2014, 03:15 PM
May I have all your gear I'm poor :(

Appeltjes
11-17-2014, 03:16 PM

I hope that you're joking.

Akatsuuki
11-17-2014, 03:18 PM

STFU go farm .. Your not in a good place to beg some stuff

aquascaper
11-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Nooooooooooo!!!!!

KingMartin
11-17-2014, 03:32 PM
What can I say, buddy?

Since Alri talked you into joining ER, you were the true heart and book of knowledge of the guild. Moreover, you were the most generous player I have ever met.

Although I fully understand your decision, be sure that Elite Runners will miss you and so will the entire Arlor World.

Good luck and stay around!!! :)

Jiarijiba
11-17-2014, 03:41 PM
You were my inspiration to start soloing elite maps. Thanks for all those great guides and all the best in the future.

Otahaanak
11-17-2014, 04:14 PM
Sad day in Arlor.
Best to you going forward.

karrdath
11-17-2014, 04:18 PM
We will miss you kali. I'm happy was able to get to know you

LibertyBells (Jasper)
11-17-2014, 04:18 PM
I just created a new rouge because of you overpowered noob rouges.. Sts, we're getting a divorce.

Madnex
11-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Who am I going to teach now! Anyhow, don't think we won't be pestering you daily anymore now. :P

wlsgh15
11-17-2014, 09:22 PM
It was very pleasure to meet u then playing with you. I hope everything will be good for your future. Good bye friend.

obee
11-17-2014, 10:08 PM
What! no

GuardianTwo
11-17-2014, 10:29 PM
Another nice player down to leave game!!! :(
Thanks for all those guides reading which I could stand a chance to run elites with legendary gears!!
I still remember you overpowered rouge ( won't tell noob :P ) had taken my recruit run duo, and it was my fastest run ever! I was so happy to run all those runs :)
Now , cya and GL for RL!!! :)

Pollata1246
11-17-2014, 10:57 PM
i just created a new rouge because of you overpowered noob rouges.. Sts, we're getting a divorce.

lololol

Lizzz
11-17-2014, 11:41 PM
So sad :(. I dont know you too well, but i have read your enlightening posts all across the forums and it makes me really sad to see you go :(.

Im gonna cry

Qamr
11-17-2014, 11:55 PM
We may didn't met or spend Some time together in the game.
But You are one of my Inspiration player in all over Arlor, every Post or Contest you make I was thinking about the human behind that Toon.
You was one of the main Reasons that makes me join ER.
That's one of my sadist days in AL.

You will be missed Kalizzaa

Arpluvial
11-18-2014, 12:28 AM
We definitely wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavours!!! Take care!

Excuses
11-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww

radagan
11-18-2014, 09:58 AM
What?? Noooo!!!

radagan
11-18-2014, 09:59 AM
-.- delete that post

siddhant
11-18-2014, 10:37 AM
god y did u have to leave ur posts were readable gonna miss ur guides good luck with ur life:)

Sorcerie
11-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Arlor's Einstein and solo artist has thrown in the towel.

All hope is lost. ;w;

I'm really sad to see that one of the most knowledgeable and humble players is leaving the game.

No one else has contributed to the community in the way that you have since I have started this game and been a part of the forum community.

In times where it seemed like nothing would help me understand how it was possible to compete as a free player in this game you gave me guidance and hope for a better AL experience.

There are few so objective and fair-minded as you.

I wish you the best in whatever you do with your time moving forward, just know your ideas are still some of the best that have graced these halls and they along with you will be missed.

Farewell Kali~

-Arkanem

Zuzeq
11-18-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm a lil late but I'll say I'm disheartened to see you go. The scene is losing figure everyday and w/o any offence intended you're the biggest. Best wishes brother , hope to chat you up when you pop in.

gorcilo
11-18-2014, 01:41 PM
You will be missed Kali
TY FOR THE FUN !

Helicopter
11-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Didn't know you so well, but farewell Kalizzaa! Your guides were awesome, and so were you :) Good luck, and wise decision!

Anarchist
11-18-2014, 10:16 PM
What a pity. I think you should have still stayed some more time cause AL needs players like you especially now it looks like its crumbling to pieces.
Goodbye Kalizaa.

aquascaper
11-18-2014, 10:51 PM
So sad :(. I dont know you too well, but i have read your enlightening posts all across the forums and it makes me really sad to see you go :(.

Im gonna cry

This :miserable:

Miss you Kali! You are such a great person and guildee and I hope you will rejoin AL soon :) #pullanobee I'm glad to hear that you are still stopping in from time to time, but it saddens me that you will not be around so much any more. Best of luck IRL - aquascaper/kilfarmer/arcanesanta

GoodSyntax
11-18-2014, 11:06 PM
This :miserable:

Miss you Kali! You are such a great person and guildee and I hope you will rejoin AL soon :) #pullanobee I'm glad to hear that you are still stopping in from time to time, but it saddens me that you will not be around so much any more. Best of luck IRL - aquascaper/kilfarmer/arcanesanta
Please PM me tomorrow when you are in game. I would like to give the last of my gear to you for Operation Santa.

The rest of my gear is already given away and I have a few dozen items that someone might find useful.

Serancha
11-18-2014, 11:12 PM
It was a pleasure to know you, Kali. Just as much pleasure was having such a great person to test and geek out with, working out all the fascinating things to discover in the land of Arlor. I hope you will stay in touch. You will be missed.

Weeki
11-19-2014, 02:13 AM
Hey Kali, you are one of the best rogues I have seen in game. All of your useful guides and tricks taught me well.
Still remember you doing all the crazy solo runs and organising contest using gold out from your own pocket.

Full of respect for you. All the best to you and your lovely family :)

Catty
11-19-2014, 07:35 AM
Hello :)

Yesterday I soloed elite Tindirin Wilds in my legendary gear using your guide. It took me like 50 mins and I died about 3 times, but in the end I made it and got my achievement and a shiny pair of magma blades of riposte! (lol)
Either way, thank you SO much, you inspired the confidence that I could do it on my own, it wouldn't have been possible without you. And even though I don't personally know you I am sad to find out that you're leaving. You are an idol to me and many others!

GoodSyntax
11-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Hello :)

Yesterday I soloed elite Tindirin Wilds in my legendary gear using your guide. It took me like 50 mins and I died about 3 times, but in the end I made it and got my achievement and a shiny pair of magma blades of riposte! (lol)
Either way, thank you SO much, you inspired the confidence that I could do it on my own, it wouldn't have been possible without you. And even though I don't personally know you I am sad to find out that you're leaving. You are an idol to me and many others!

I'm happy that people still find that information useful!

Responses, like yours, is what kept me motivated through the years to continue doing more guides.

ilhanna
11-19-2014, 06:32 PM
I have been very sick and had to be admitted to a hospital where they are pretty strict about patients using gadgets in bed, and I had only some five minutes of stolen internet time a day when I could cajole my brother into lending me his phone. And that was when I found out about your farewell post. My friend, who knows I'm an admirer of yours, sent me the link to your farewell post on Line chat. And so, this message might come way too late, and none too eloquent at that, but Kalizzaa I am very sad to see you leave AL. Burst into tears at the part where you said you are hanging up your bow. I know many have said this, but your vocal defense and clear demonstration on the side of skills and strategy have been a great inspiration. Your posts enable, rather than alienate. Emancipate, rather than disencourage. Supportive, rather than self-serving. There are not many in AL and especially the forums who are like you. I will miss you and your new posts most of all because of that. And I am very sorry that my shyness had prevented me from contacting you much earlier. Perhaps if I hadn't been so shy I could have asked for the privilege of running elite with you sooner. You proved to be very approachable once I worked up the courage to write to you.

Kalizzaa, you will be greatly missed. Not only by the max-geared pros, but also by many struggling legendary players for whom your guides had been a source of not only knowledge but self-confidence and satisfaction. I know a number of rogues in my guild who, like me, learned so much from your solo elite guides.

Thank you so much. I wish you all the very best and all the fun in all your endeavors. I know that wherever you go, you will be making welcome contributions, you're just that kind of person.

Gorecaster
11-20-2014, 09:13 PM
I'd like to say thanks for ur stellar contributions to the community and wish u the best in all ur endeavors Kaliz!

Coolskies
11-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Aww I'm sad.. and I hardly even play anymore. :cry: