PDA

View Full Version : Regarding warriors

Magegrimm
11-17-2014, 05:03 PM
I just made this thread to post my opinion:

Warriors are supposed to:

-Have high health and armor to protect those tiny squishy mages like me and beautiful rogues with low health.
Now I only see those warriors that want dmg dmg dmg -_- I don't mind like 40% of the warriors be the dmg type but cmon warriors your job is to protect us and of you don't have high health as you are supposed to have then you can't keep up with those bosses that can kill us with one shot...we're gonna get all killed In the end... just want to hear your opinions
ATTENTION: THIS THREAD IS NOT TO INSULT PLAYERS THAT LIKE TO INVEST ON DAMAGE THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION!

falmear
11-17-2014, 05:22 PM
One fundamental problem with this game is that a warrior can't tank as compared to other games I've played. You can easily pull mob aggro away from any tank and a tank can't keep a boss away from DPS. In this game a tank can only relieve some pressure on DPS but can't protect them except for horn of renewal. And because of this on many maps, a tank becomes non-essential because rogue has high enough armor to do some tanking and mages if played right can take over tanking with crowd control. The best elite farming team IMO is 2 rogues and 2 mages. You can't really blame warriors asking them to protect us when its not possible for them to get and hold aggro. Or even cast horn of renewal frequently enough.

jiph
11-17-2014, 05:34 PM
If you want warriors to protect you make a warrior and don't beg for hp simple 90% of players are warriors those other classes just die too fast but you can always spam pots .-

Ebezaanec
11-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Armor is not that necessary anymore, especially since the era of one-shots began.

Tanks need to have competitive DMG otherwise they will slow down the party. Tanks are no longer necessary for Elite survival. They simply alleviate pot spamming.

jiph
11-17-2014, 06:24 PM
You must get killed too much by warriors -.

ColdBlahd
11-17-2014, 06:24 PM
I just made this thread to post my opinion:

Warriors are supposed to:

-Have high health and armor to protect those tiny squishy mages like me and beautiful rogues with low health.
Now I only see those warriors that want dmg dmg dmg -_- I don't mind like 40% of the warriors be the dmg type but cmon warriors your job is to protect us and of you don't have high health as you are supposed to have then you can't keep up with those bosses that can kill us with one shot...we're gonna get all killed In the end... just want to hear your opinions
ATTENTION: THIS THREAD IS NOT TO INSULT PLAYERS THAT LIKE TO INVEST ON DAMAGE THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION!
Warriors are worst class, Sorcerers are the best no doubt :)

Xorrior
11-17-2014, 06:34 PM
It seems tanky warriors are now becoming a rare breed. You have approx 2800 armour and you get killed by a one shot! So people are thinking well let's kill fast - GO ROGUE-WARRIORS!

csyui
11-17-2014, 06:56 PM
This is a rpg game, not dota2. You have to face the situation when a party of 4 warriors runs a map. Tanks need dmg to farm in an efficient way too.

Even in dota2, a maxed tank hero can handle most carry heroes too. Let alone some professional players would choose to play dps in tank gear or tank in dps gear.

Kingofninjas
11-17-2014, 07:18 PM
It seems tanky warriors are now becoming a rare breed. You have approx 2800 armour and you get killed by a one shot! So people are thinking well let's kill fast - GO ROGUE-WARRIORS!

2800 armour? Which tank are you looking at? And the job title applies mainly to PvP and not as much to PvE.

Iahwahska
11-17-2014, 07:22 PM
If all or most of your skills have taunt you can tank pretty effectively but it is kind of a constant struggle .

Xorrior
11-17-2014, 07:29 PM
2800 armour? Which tank are you looking at? And the job title applies mainly to PvP and not as much to PvE.

ME with archon ring and I said approx i.e within a few parameters, but now I have sacred elondrian which is less armour and I have 2700 at best now, but it means nothing against planar bosses. I've seen a large influx of damage warriors in pve.

Magegrimm
11-18-2014, 02:25 AM
If you want warriors to protect you make a warrior and don't beg for hp simple 90% of players are warriors those other classes just die too fast but you can always spam pots .-

Jiph I don't want to cause I riot but in have being looking your replies to threads... They are all very angry replies.
Maybe you can tell me why re you always posting negative insultimg and useless comments on posts please?
Keep it constructive. Thanks!
Not to hurt you but just consider to act more normal instead of posting those angry replies...

Magegrimm
11-18-2014, 02:26 AM
Warriors are worst class, Sorcerers are the best no doubt :)

Totally agree...even tho we're squishy and tiny we're awesome

ColdBlahd
11-18-2014, 06:04 AM
Totally agree...even tho we're squishy and tiny we're awesome
Yup :D

Amadorbibidor
11-18-2014, 01:47 PM
Some warriors can hit 600 DMG 470 DPS 6400 HP and 2100 Armor. I think they are more useful than a 5993848483 HP 0,1DMG tank because they also deal DMG, and what a DMG! Close to rogues one. Unafortunately u need 300m to reach those stats... So medium class warr are not so gud

jiph
11-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Why are you reading all my posts are you 1 of my fans .-

merchtime
11-18-2014, 01:58 PM
No one is ur fan, but i can't close my eyes whenever i see your posts :D

Magegrimm
11-18-2014, 02:05 PM
Why are you reading all my posts are you 1 of my fans .-

Há jiph gotcha that's the second time I see you posting are u my number 1 fan lol jiph don't be angry with people we're all friends here and don't boost negative posts please

mlb2005
11-18-2014, 02:51 PM
One fundamental problem with this game is that a warrior can't tank as compared to other games I've played. You can easily pull mob aggro away from any tank and a tank can't keep a boss away from DPS. In this game a tank can only relieve some pressure on DPS but can't protect them except for horn of renewal. And because of this on many maps, a tank becomes non-essential because rogue has high enough armor to do some tanking and mages if played right can take over tanking with crowd control. The best elite farming team IMO is 2 rogues and 2 mages. You can't really blame warriors asking them to protect us when its not possible for them to get and hold aggro. Or even cast horn of renewal frequently enough.

I disagree. When you play with a good tank who watches what's going on and times his taunts they can keep pressure off nicely. When you have a tank who doesn't keep mobs off his team and is trying to be a damage dealer that is when you have a problem.

Cool1t
11-18-2014, 03:49 PM
^^^ bruh

Appeltjes
11-18-2014, 04:13 PM
This good enough?
My hp sucks don't have well upgraded gears or life shards anymore.

Szangheili
11-18-2014, 05:31 PM
My warrior.

Zaizor
11-18-2014, 05:37 PM
Here's my warrior stats. They fluctuate depending on my pet too.

Energizeric
11-18-2014, 05:44 PM
The problem is that most players want to participate in both PvE and PvP.

The PvE aspect of the game is structured so that sorcerers and warriors are basically the support class, while rogues are the killers. Warriors absorb the damage, sorcerers stun the mobs, both warriors and sorcerers heal, sorcerers give mana, and then Rogues do the killing.

That is all fine, except when it comes to PvP, nobody earns any banners by being a good support class. There are no stats given for winning the match, or helping the team. So if you want to succeed in PvP and earn a leaderboard banner, you have to get kills yourself, and therefore you need to be a killer and not a support class.

If they were to change the PvP stat system to something more team based, then you would see many more warriors and sorcerers be willing to become good team players and would be happy to be a support class.

But if you want to achieve, you need to be able to get kills in PvP, and so you tend to structure your build and gear based on what works best in that arena, and then PvE becomes secondary. Sorry to say, but AL is based mostly around PvP. It would be nice if the PvE component of the game was more fun, but most pro players spend 90% of their time in PvP.

Azateenice
11-18-2014, 07:02 PM

My Warrior! Atm ://