PDA

View Full Version : Something to test if you DC a lot in new tombs!!!!!

Dalmony
11-17-2014, 11:02 PM
Just to add to the pile of other thread about this and I'm sorry for that however today I noticed (After completing the survey which I now cannot redo) that I -only- disconnect in new tombs if there is a mage in the party.

I have now completed numerous runs without issues where they involve a tank and 3 rogues (myself being a rogue) with pulls of all shapes and sizes including some very large ones - no issues whatsoever no lag, no dc, no ping spike at all. This is rogues with various particle effects from rings and amulets and banners an so forth.

As soon as I try to attempt the map with a mage in the party, I disconnect instantly. Its happens to0 routinely to be nothing strange as it may sound, and it happened today with another rogue I was running with as well.

If you are someone having trouble with DC in the new tombs and you are a rogue or tank, please try a few planar tomb 1 runs, full party, with and without a mage. If it does turn out that the DC rate is higher with a mage in the party, then maybe we can try to narrow it down to if there is a problem with one of the mage skills - clock is definitely rumoured to be causing issues so maybe try running a few with a mage with and then without that skill and see if it makes a difference?

I know this seems crazy but for me, this is a definite pattern.

Thanks for your attention:)

Dal

Wutzgood
11-17-2014, 11:10 PM
As a Mage I've noticed that multiple clocks dropping at the same time gives me arcane ping.

Paulnaj
11-17-2014, 11:18 PM
I have a mage, i can complete some runs without dc, its really random.

I also do runs on elites / normal maps with mage and no dc

Dalmony
11-18-2014, 12:28 AM
Just did some more runs with this in Planar 1:

- 3 rogues + 1 mage (with clock if thats relevant) -> skippy graphics and 2/4 members insta dc.
- Same 3 rogues + 4th rogue (same mage player but on her rogue toon so same connection) -> no dc's we finished the map.

We did exaggerated pulls to be extra sure and this alone did not cause dc tho it did result in a lot of death -.-

The test is to see if there is a mage skill which causes *someone(s)* in the party to dc, not necessarily always the mage himself.

Could be coincidence and nothing *shrugs* worth checking though.

Arpluvial
11-18-2014, 12:33 AM
Hey guys!

If you are experiencing disconnects, please fill out the survey posted in the following thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?187602-The-Quest-to-Improve-Server-Connection-Please-Take-This-Survey

In the meantime, we apologize for any frustration you might be experiencing -- nobody likes disconnects!

Dalmony
11-18-2014, 01:31 AM
Hey arp,
It was just I had already filled the survey in without mentioning this as I hadn't yet noticed the pattern. It was only when someone else mentioned clocks among a number of other possibilities that I really started paying attention to the class and skill make up of the parties and saw this pattern... But I got the end page when I re clicked the survey to redo.

The least I could do was make a thread which might help other players notice or disregard such things :) Sometimes it just takes seeing something and checking it out to go aha! (or errm.... no.)

Funnily enough experimenting to find patterns helps ease the frustration :D

Dex Scene
11-18-2014, 02:14 AM
It is random.
I rather believe pulling causes that insta DC.

hozukreti
11-18-2014, 02:20 AM
Its randoms, and anywhere. Elite, pvp room, town, tomb. Proven ! i tried to clear up Traveler Outpost from begger by casting Clock about 10 times, but they still there. Didnt noticed if someone DC'ed every time i put my clock spell.

Dalmony
11-18-2014, 02:26 AM
This thread is related to people having issues noticeably connected to planar tombs hence the very specific title. I tbh don't experience any abnormal dc apart from in there.

illwilly
11-18-2014, 03:06 AM
Ive tested start of map1 no pulling mobs, just charge timeshift and samael AA at once and first rogue dc, then i dc. Takes 5 min after dc to reconnect, so no idea what happend to the last 2..

tearacan
11-18-2014, 03:47 AM
Taken from recent post:

Sorcerer Clock skills are no more intensive than other area of effect skills. I think your experience isn't conclusive and I would hate for their to be rumors to that effect. I play a lot as a sorcerer, in fact I did a Tindirin Elite run through the Wilds over the weekend with 3X sorcerers and a warrior. All of the Sorcerers were dropping clocks and we had no issues.

Dalmony
11-18-2014, 04:24 AM
That post refers to elite tindirin the wilds, not planar tombs. Please read title.

Dex Scene
11-18-2014, 04:28 AM
Its randoms, and anywhere. Elite, pvp room, town, tomb. Proven ! i tried to clear up Traveler Outpost from begger by casting Clock about 10 times, but they still there. Didnt noticed if someone DC'ed every time i put my clock spell.
Lmao it'd be great if we could banish beggers with our timeshifts haha

debitmandiri
11-18-2014, 06:01 AM
Big pulls = 70% dc

With or w/o mage

radiking
11-18-2014, 06:26 AM
i have played with 3 rogues in planar tombs don t remember how many days before with latest gear without arcane ring we didn t dc at all. we played for an hour figuring out where the boss is >>it was our first run so took a while to plan strategy. i played with mage/rogue/warriors mage friends complain when they time shift with a bigger mob pull they dc.Warriors/rogues random.. yesterday i played elite oltgar and i dc'ed even before i could attack :) with a pt of mage/and 2 rogues

P.S : willy i was also there 3 different pts :)) and dc