PDA

View Full Version : Recipes: the confusion

Nightarcher
02-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Everyone is freaking out because of supposed "plat costs" and drops, and I think I can outline it to make sense. This is what I have understood.

(in reference to level 55 crafted items)
Each super duper 55 pinks requires the pink itself, the recipe dropped from bosses, and other recipes made with crafting supplies. There are two types of recipes:

1. Pink "blueprints" allowing you to make items.
2. Supplies made of other supplies. (like leather and bow materials)

The first are dropped from bosses and are tradable. The second are made with daily quest items or bought with platinum. You don't need blueprints to make supply recipes, only the final products. :)

--

I could be wrong in an area, but this is what it seems is the system. The devs wouldn't be so outrageous to make us pay in platinum for blueprints to simple supplies.

Physiologic
02-08-2011, 10:32 PM
It's true the "supplies made of other supplies" aka the green ingredients are received from daily quests, but the problem at the moment is getting the actual recipe to make them.

For example if you look at here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/d1nonlik/snap20110208_171947.png

The topmost box that has the "Fine Leather Panel" has a box to the right of it which can be ticked off. The recipe for Fine Leather Panel, as with all other recipes, are currently only found through Plat - unless it drops from a boss/mob or another quest that we have not seen.

Tsarra
02-08-2011, 10:53 PM
We need confirmation that these drop before I'm getting on board with this. I REALLY want to like crafting.

Nightarcher
02-09-2011, 01:08 AM
It's true the "supplies made of other supplies" aka the green ingredients are received from daily quests, but the problem at the moment is getting the actual recipe to make them.

For example if you look at here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/d1nonlik/snap20110208_171947.png
The topmost box that has the "Fine Leather Panel" has a box to the right of it which can be ticked off. The recipe for Fine Leather Panel, as with all other recipes, are currently only found through Plat - unless it drops from a boss/mob or another quest that we have not seen.
So it's confirmed that you need a blueprint to craft materials too? Hmm ok, nevermind. Forget I said anything xD

Tour
02-09-2011, 09:09 PM
I crafted some Leather Panels (which I thought were Fine Leather Panels, DOH!) and I had to buy the blueprints for the Leather Panel for each seperate craft. IE: I purchased the Leather Panel recipe for 10 plat. I then used x Leather Scraps to make a Leather Panel, and my Leather Panel recipe was consumed. I then bought a second Leather Panel recipe for 10 plat, and used x Leather Scraps to make a second Leather Panel. My Leather Panel recipe was consumed. I then realized I made x2 Leather Panels and not Fine Leather Panels, and was out 20 plat for the learning curve. Blah. ;/ (this was last night, i am currently downloading a new patch which may have fixed said issues) I am ok with spending plat to buy a permanent recipe, I am not ok with spending plat to buy a recipe which gets consumed for every craft. That's redonkulous.

Inching
02-09-2011, 09:12 PM
i am not ok with spending plat to buy a recipe which gets consumed for every craft. That's redonkulous.

i totally agree

PLaCiD
02-10-2011, 03:32 AM
I crafted some Leather Panels (which I thought were Fine Leather Panels, DOH!) and I had to buy the blueprints for the Leather Panel for each seperate craft. IE: I purchased the Leather Panel recipe for 10 plat. I then used x Leather Scraps to make a Leather Panel, and my Leather Panel recipe was consumed. I then bought a second Leather Panel recipe for 10 plat, and used x Leather Scraps to make a second Leather Panel. My Leather Panel recipe was consumed. I then realized I made x2 Leather Panels and not Fine Leather Panels, and was out 20 plat for the learning curve. Blah. ;/ (this was last night, i am currently downloading a new patch which may have fixed said issues) I am ok with spending plat to buy a permanent recipe, I am not ok with spending plat to buy a recipe which gets consumed for every craft. That's redonkulous.

I agree totally