PDA

View Full Version : Tips and Tricks to NOT DC!

Candylicks
11-18-2014, 09:36 AM
Hey Arlor, we know that a fix IS coming for our disconnection problems. Many of us have figured out some ways to avoid a lot of the disconnections, and yes it's anecdotal but speaking as a mage who ran for hours straight without DC it's pretty good advice.

1. Only run in a party of 3. Parties of 4 will DC. Guaranteed. Even if you have someone in the party but not zoned in the map you will DC. Run in threes.

2. Reduce any particle effects on your vanity. Pick your most plain without anything blinking or moving. For my mage I used founders. Do NOT use Halloween vanities. Skip wearing a banner altogether.

3. Mages DO NOT DROP CLOCK. I know Sam said it's cool, but I will tell you it's not. Mage without a clock is really lame but disconnecting is even worse. I ran wind, light, ice, and fire as my skills. Yeah the mobs will be chasing you but ice those mages and you're golden.

4. Reduce spinning weapons and/or para gems if you can. I used my elon rifle instead of the kersh which has a spinning object. One run I tried out the new planar claw and it spins and drops the spinning crystal. Guess what happened? I disconnected. So expedition rifle, tindirin staff, myth rifle, all of those are good. I did have Para gem in ring and seemed to be OK, but others have said running without the para gem particle effect helps as well.

5. Pull small, and gradually increase the pulls until you find the sweet spot without being disconnected. We did experience disconnection on larger pulls, but found we could pull moderately once we cut back on the other bells and whistles off our toons.

Mages certainly do have the MOST going on with their spells and weapons and in my experience with a WiFi connection running off fiber-to-the-home I am still one of the first to disconnect. So everyone keep it simple. Follow these steps and your disconnection will not totally go away but will be greatly reduced. It felt SO GOOD to run for a few hours and not have sweaty palms stressing that disconnect.

To any DEVS that are reading this, please give us that update soon on the status of the game. We want some technical details so we can understand what happened.

Thanks everyone and see you in Arlor!!!!

Appeltjes
11-18-2014, 09:49 AM
Or use the myth staff ;)

radagan
11-18-2014, 09:50 AM
Thanks!! This is great

Hadec
11-18-2014, 09:56 AM
or dont play..xd

Paulnaj
11-18-2014, 10:12 AM
I cant believe someone has to make such guides like this because the company itself lacks the eagerness to push and fix thr problem. This is sad. I really want to play and farm but the situation is horrible.

Too much horror in game, afraid of disconnections. Seems like an extension of halloween event.

Gensin
11-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Pixel double :)

Xorrior
11-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Yes, run in threes, lower your particle effects and spinning/rotating objects and try not to use any para gem encrusted gear. These objects are causing server side lag. All this additional bling stuff needs to be processed by the server and put on your screen, multiply that by the number of people online and using resource hogging attachments, when it struggles, it breaks. This is not a complete fix but perhaps allow you to enjoy some game time. The servers haven't been upscaled to meet the current demands.

Thank you Candy.

Lizzz
11-18-2014, 12:04 PM
I cant believe someone has to make such guides like this because the company itself lacks the eagerness to push and fix thr problem. This is sad. I really want to play and farm but the situation is horrible.

Too much horror in game, afraid of disconnections. Seems like an extension of halloween event.

Appropriately consider the situation before making such an over-blown observation, please. STS is tirelessly working to resolve the dc issue, so don't think that they're not. We're all humans. Humans don't know everything, and it's not like the devs can just say "oh here's why everyone's dc'ing" and simply release a patch the next day to make everything okay. They are doing research to further diagnose the knit-picky issue down to the nitty-gritty details and trying to figure out what could ultimately fix it with as little repercussions as possible.

So dont blindly make a totally negative allegation like that without any facts to back it up. Feelings could get hurt. If you feel like you can do a better job, fly yourself to Spacetime Studios and fix it yourself. I'm sure they'd love to see if you can figure it out.

Ogianep
11-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Ya we need to pull together and support STS! They're trying to move their operation out of their mom's basement and all this negativity is going send them into a shame spiral. They'll be stuck down there binging on donuts and moonpies for weeks.

mlb2005
11-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Tried doing a three person party and still got the boot. Thanks for the suggestions though! It was worth a shot.

Appeltjes
11-18-2014, 12:23 PM
Tried doing a three person party and still got the boot. Thanks for the suggestions though! It was worth a shot.

Did you at the same time try the othet suggestions because 3 people with all particles, clock etc won't help.

mlb2005
11-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Did you at the same time try the othet suggestions because 3 people with all particles, clock etc won't help.

Well playing without the clock isn't really an option for me. We didn't have a lot of particles going on though. I will just have to wait for them to fix it. I'm not going to spend on respec unless they want to give us a couple free to help us while they fix this.

Heiress
11-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Nice. 3 rogue party with least amt of bell and whistles still dc so idk how mages cope. Most of my sorc friends just sitting it out.

eugene9707
11-18-2014, 01:32 PM
but ice those mages and you're golden.

But...but... they aren't ice-able (freezable) ._.
unless you mean slow...

And yes, it seems mages are among the first to dc, ran tomb 1 yesterday, and both mages disconnected together

and some tips if you DC:
1. if you are on pc and sees your ping skyrocketing, refresh the page and log in, chances are you will still be in the map

2. if you have multiple devices, log on to the other device as you see your ping skyrocketing. IF your other device logs in fast enough, you SHOULD still be in the same map Works for my tablet but not for my phone, as my phone take forever to log in. Simple test to see if it works is to go into any pve map, log onto your other device and see if you are still in the same map or not.

Hope this works :)

Candylicks
11-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Hey Haieta! Thanks I will have to try the double device trick, would it work for two iPADs?

Uafaud
11-18-2014, 01:45 PM
nu ;-; clocks nu my clock nuuuu!

p.s nice guide

cami
11-18-2014, 02:00 PM
ExCELLENT THREAD!

cjswogkstkdg
11-18-2014, 02:42 PM
But...but... they aren't ice-able (freezable) ._.
unless you mean slow...

And yes, it seems mages are among the first to dc, ran tomb 1 yesterday, and both mages disconnected together

and some tips if you DC:
1. if you are on pc and sees your ping skyrocketing, refresh the page and log in, chances are you will still be in the map

2. if you have multiple devices, log on to the other device as you see your ping skyrocketing. IF your other device logs in fast enough, you SHOULD still be in the same map Works for my tablet but not for my phone, as my phone take forever to log in. Simple test to see if it works is to go into any pve map, log onto your other device and see if you are still in the same map or not.

Hope this works :)

Thanks for copy and paste my post
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?187689-guide-ways-to-rejoin-after-disconnection

Qamr
11-18-2014, 02:43 PM
You can add those ones to your thread.
Use Pets with low Graphic Arcane Ability (Malison & Grimm) - high Graphic ones get You out.
Party of two Characters type (Rogue & Warrior) is to much better than party of three types (War, Rog, Mage)

I just wonder how much time we will Stay in that Suffer because Others incapability

ruizerwin
11-18-2014, 02:50 PM
ty will try now

Sir Lubo Penev
11-18-2014, 05:23 PM
I do believe now that clock is indeed a huge factor in the current disconnect issue. Tested with a mage friend in Hauntlet. 5 runs using clock - 5 times one or both of disconnected. 5 runs without clock - not a single disconnect. I can't make a video, but anyone who can - just test it in Hauntlet or one of the tombs. Two of those runs I disconnected right after he cast clock. And I mean literally one or two seconds after.

However, clock does not explain the disconnects I've experienced and seen in mageless groups.

jiph
11-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Sorcerer make the game lag .is true.

eugene9707
11-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Thanks for copy and paste my post
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?187689-guide-ways-to-rejoin-after-disconnection

Lol didn't know that someone already posted.

And two device does not always works, it depends on the device
and btw, iphone doesn't work, not for me anyways.

Samhayne
11-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Good info. Thanks for posting it. More on the Disconnect Issue coming soon.

Also thanks for filling out our Disconnect survey. Your information there is also very helpful to us: https://www.research.net/s/ZRX7HLG

aquascaper
11-18-2014, 09:11 PM
*Use pixel double

Xorrior
11-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Hey STS, do you think that since the updates your servers are pushing too much data out, hence lag and dc? I know in a previous game world when rezzing was an issue, instead of increasing bandwidth, I actually decreased it, and it was fine and dandy. All that excess data caused a bottleneck.

It does seem that heavy game activity, large pulls and 4 person teams, particles, rotating objects, bling and certain skills like clock can cut off the game.

Also...anyone running this game using a 4G connection and having problems with DC?

Does the game DC on phones only or is it a PC issue too ? I have Dc'd on iPad but not as bad as many people here.

I know some people are gonna say 'but I played this for a year and it's not my phone' but servers are spitting out blood and if you're sharing your internet connection then it sure makes your gaming experience that much harder.

BaronB
11-18-2014, 10:28 PM
It seems ice also makes gsmr laggy or others disconnect.

Ive been able to run few tomb runs with bit of lag but no dc with following skill sets

Shield
Curse
Fireball
Lightning

By all means give it a try if you are a mage if you get snything different

Justg
11-18-2014, 10:40 PM
This is great Candylicks! More on the plan here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?187793-Service-Stabilization-Plan

Meanwhile, keep this thread up please, it is very helpful!

Enizheuci
11-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Some Players now playing only on PC via Chrome. Can quickly re log by opening new tab and have success remaping into elite party.

Candylicks
11-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Some Players now playing only on PC via Chrome. Can quickly re log by opening new tab and have success remaping into elite party.

Yes chrome is least likely to DC. It's just a bandaid though so hopefully they can fix so we can pt on mobile devices again.

Tonight we ran and continued to DC when in 4 person pt or when mage used clock. Once we dropped back to 3 and stopped using clock it was ok.

Raselph
11-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Yes chrome is least likely to DC. It's just a bandaid though so hopefully they can fix so we can pt on mobile devices again.

Tonight we ran and continued to DC when in 4 person pt or when mage used clock. Once we dropped back to 3 and stopped using clock it was ok.

seriously? many of my friends are using Chrome and since yesterday all of us started to DC...

cjswogkstkdg
11-20-2014, 12:30 AM
these are not the factors of the dc. Its the bugs in the game thats causing the disconnecton, not the connection of anykind.
For example, people only disconnect in certain maps like Watchers tomb 4, Planar tombs, elites, without any of these factors included.
This is just creating another rumor about the disconnection.

It would be very helpful if the sts knew the problem, but obviously, they do not. Quite disappointing.

radagan
11-20-2014, 03:00 AM
You should sticky this for that time dc issue is fixing

extrapayah
11-20-2014, 10:44 AM
well, as for me, it is kinda ridiculous to make a multiplayer game which transfer/broadcast frame per frame graphic to each computer/device...

graphics should be worked and processed on client side, while only logic transferred between machines

and if you notice, sometime you can play with a player who jumps from screen to screen, that's the proof that graphic is not transferred between machines, only logics that could be delayed... so anything graphic related should not matter, but many dot / buffs will do so, because it (probably) actively sending data to from user to server to another users... which if programmed beautifully and cleanly and with the assumption that delayed/lost packet might happen, won't be a problem :P, will lag, but not disconnected

so STS, free respec weekend pls :P, i'd like to test something, and remove most dot related, especially dot on trap and clock...

InternetExplorer
11-20-2014, 11:54 AM
Amazed on how they praise players who figured out how to prevent disconnections in game.

epicrrr
11-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Also not just PVE but on PVP, people with stable connection will suddenly have our/their ping spiked to 120,000 with no chance of re-establishing "connection" or no refresh of ping count. This will just hit you at any time of the day and usually happens during clashes.

Jeremyfr
11-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Once we dropped back to 3 and stopped using clock it was ok.

I've noticed that too, rounds without Clock are less likely to DC :)

Candylicks
11-20-2014, 03:17 PM
and if you notice, sometime you can play with a player who jumps from screen to screen, that's the proof that graphic is not transferred between machines, only logics that could be delayed... so anything graphic related should not matter, but many dot / buffs will do so, because it (probably) actively sending data to from user to server to another users... which if programmed beautifully and cleanly and with the assumption that delayed/lost packet might happen, won't be a problem :P, will lag, but not disconnected

Hopefully they will start to debug that server side code with today's update.

Otahaanak
11-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Game is literally unplayable now for me on Chrome. No matter what map or party composition. DC twice in a row - elite Rooks Nest and normal Wilds.
Just brutal.

cjswogkstkdg
11-20-2014, 05:31 PM
Not just chrome, any device from ipod to android to chrome.
This game is pretty much a human without bones if tombs and pve maps are unplayable.

tearacan
11-20-2014, 06:51 PM
It's not just the clock, blight's ability has the same effect.