PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion -- "Go To" options for quests

Lesrider
02-09-2011, 10:18 AM
This isn't a huge thing -- hell, I might be the only one who would even want this feature. But I figure I'll throw it out there and see what others think.

Sooo... With all the new quests out, many people are doing them.
Which is great. But it's making the "go to" button on the quests screen almost useless. Almost every time I use that button, it takes me to a half- or nearly-completed game. More often than not, I have to use that button just to see which map I need to go to, and then I host a new one.

Also, I was doing the new forest haven quests and kept popping in on low lvls just starting a map. I felt bad rushing in and nuking everything while they were tagging along. No one said anything, but some did leave. I felt bad, but at the same time, I'm not going to slow down to their pace -- I want to do the quest at my own speed. I did make my own maps for some games, but for others I just couldn't find them on the host game list (it's been a long time since I've been around those parts lol).

So my suggestion is that an extra button is added to the quest description -- making it two buttons like so:
"Go To"
"Go To -- New Game". (ie. You're the host, but it's unlocked. If you want a locked game, you do it the usual way)

Or something to the extent. Would make it easier than having to go there and then look for it on the hosting screen, etc.

What do you guys think?

StompArtist
02-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Completely agree. I always feel bad popping in an half completed low level game and spoiling it for them.

Kujen
02-09-2011, 11:07 AM
I agree. For the crafting quests I just used it to find out where i needed to go, then make my own game. Before that I was popping into low lvl games. Then some you go into and there are only 5 enemies left. And in sewers, sometimes you join a game for a quest where you have to destroy so many totems, and half of them have been done already.

I also wish something could be done about having no ability to boot in the non-hosted, "go to" games. Ive been joining a lot of games through "go to" and i see a lot of very low lvl leechers because nobody is host. At the same time, I haven't been joining player-made games thru the join menu, because i worry that they won't fill up...assuming most people just use "go to" instead.

Fyrce
02-09-2011, 02:23 PM
I haven't had too many problems with this. If I go into low levels games, I'll either start my own or finish the whole level if everybody's joining. As for games almost complete/cleared, I just do Go To on another quest or go to town and Go To again. It's almost always a new game next.

Tvis
02-09-2011, 02:29 PM
I hit "go to" to see which place was used for the quest. After that I hosted the game there. I didn't feel bad that way, plus even a few lower lvls joined my game to get a quick speed boost.

Lesrider
02-09-2011, 02:34 PM
I haven't had too many problems with this. If I go into low levels games, I'll either start my own or finish the whole level if everybody's joining. As for games almost complete/cleared, I just do Go To on another quest or go to town and Go To again. It's almost always a new game next.

I try that but often end up back in the same game. It can be frustrating.

superglut2
02-09-2011, 04:53 PM
I do te same. Join the game to see which map it is then rehost. Would save me a lil time