PDA

View Full Version : Why is there a report name function if it has no effect?

tearacan
11-20-2014, 05:52 AM
Why do i need to report a name specifically to support when i already reported the name in-game?

After reporting a name in-game, weeks or even months later the name is still running around. Is it bugged? Is it just a dummy button to rage at? What gives?

Raselph
11-20-2014, 06:14 AM
Why do i need to report a name specifically to support when i already reported the name in-game?

After reporting a name in-game, weeks or even months later the name is still running around. Is it bugged? Is it just a dummy button to rage at? What gives?

the report name button is used to report ppl who have profane names....profanity corrupts a person's mind...especially children who play this game

tearacan
11-20-2014, 07:24 AM
I know the use of the button. Thank you for reading my post.

Lidless
11-20-2014, 03:13 PM
It has the placebo effect.

flluby2
11-20-2014, 10:00 PM
Is it just a dummy button to rage at? Indeed.

Axesam
11-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Hahaha lol same question, and sts really smart made rules like "we r not discussing about banned here" and "we do seriously investigate on it, but keep in mind that we never told the result to everyone"

And hell yea, that reported ppl still walkin around in arlor.

Instanthumor
11-20-2014, 10:56 PM
They actually do something about it. If it is crude enough, they will change it.

kinzmet
11-22-2014, 12:00 PM
I actually reported someone using profane guildname. After 3 days or so, the reported person had the guild name altered. The report button works, its just takes time. I think theres a hundreds (or thousands?) of reports a day that the devs can't handle all. And also take note that not all those reported persons needs to be punished, my friend reported Zeus for being OP in PVP LOL. In the end of the day, all those reports will be taken care of but it will take time. :)

tearacan
11-23-2014, 07:25 PM
You asume that the names get checked manually, where i don't expect that. It is very easy to run names through a filter, fully automated. So i don't expect a waiting time of multiple weeks for a name verification.

And hell yea, that reported ppl still walkin around in arlor.
I conclude that we should care 'as much' as sts do. Just ignore it ever happend and don't use the buttons. It has the same result plus you don't get ignored yourself.

CAK Vader
11-23-2014, 09:39 PM
I actually reported someone using profane guildname. After 3 days or so, the reported person had the guild name altered. The report button works, its just takes time. I think theres a hundreds (or thousands?) of reports a day that the devs can't handle all. And also take note that not all those reported persons needs to be punished, my friend reported Zeus for being OP in PVP LOL. In the end of the day, all those reports will be taken care of but it will take time. :)
I lieks Zeus even more now,

Raselph
11-23-2014, 10:09 PM

hmmm...i have no idea if the DEVS handle reports on players...its clients and not the devs i think.

Reporting takes place

The report goes to the CLIENT....for eg. client 44. Gnosis

Once the client takes a look at it, the actions will be taken accordingly (eg.> bans, change etc)

problem resolved

if you report anybody simply, like suppose you report me , my mage killerzeron for an inappropriate the person views the name char and guild to check profanity. Dont think once if a person is reported 1-100 times for NO REASON. the player wouldnt be banned as he is innocent. i have seen many ppl who report the same person making accounts and accounts chars and chars just for a revenge on that person, but all that insane activity wont do anything. The point is the client looks at the report on which person it is. inspects, then the final stage of actions takes place.

Seoratrek
11-24-2014, 12:09 AM
Hey everyone,

We do take the time to read reports. Do understand that it takes time to review them all. With that being said, in your reports (if via email) please be sure to include any relevant information. Also, if you feel like there needs to be some immediacy, please do not hesitate to PM myself or one of the mods here. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. I will also forward your concerns to Remiem. I'm going to close this thread now.

Remiem
11-25-2014, 03:09 PM
To clarify, the report button in game does send a report directly to support. As you can imagine, we get hundreds of reports a day. Some legitimate, some bogus. It takes us a while sometimes to wade through all of them and make sure to take action on each that needs it. So, please try and be patient with us. :)

If it is an emergency or something that requires immediate attention, please report through support.spacetimestudios.com.