PDA

View Full Version : Gold Fever Question

FluffNStuff
02-09-2011, 11:18 AM
First, I LOVE Gold Fever. Favorite Boss EVA!. But I do have a couple question.

These questions assume you know to stay away from person with Fever, so only one player 'gets it', and it does not spread.

Does the person with the fever always take damage, or is there a way to avoid it.
Can the fever be cured with heal?
Is there a way for a tank to take the fever from a mage without causing 'two fevers'. (They seem to get one hit by their own fever, while my bear can take it with full health)

Does the person with AGRO always get the fever?

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Gold Fever is Awesome. I'm pretty sure the fever can't be cured by heal. Don't you have to break the chests open?

FluffNStuff
02-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Gold Fever is Awesome. I'm pretty sure the fever can't be cured by heal. Don't you have to break the chests open?

Breaking the chest with the green shield remove his shield, but I am not aware if the chests are related to your 'fever'. Does it cure it?

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 11:21 AM
That's what I was told. I think it's supposed to cure the person who breaks the chest. I've never tested it before.

StompArtist
02-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Heal does not seem to cure the fever... As for staying away from the fever person, I have tried yesterday to run off while "feverish" but somehow messed up (finger slipped off the "joystick" and rotated the room instead but I am trying to test going to the orbs outside as a possible cure. Anyone tried this? Is it possible?

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I've never had the fever before, nor have I noticed anything that lets you know you have the fever. I was just jumping in a 50 game and I saw one of the 53s go "Break the chest, you have the fever, don't touch me or boot." to another guy.

StompArtist
02-09-2011, 11:27 AM
I've never had the fever before, nor have I noticed anything that lets you know you have the fever. I was just jumping in a 50 game and I saw one of the 53s go "Break the chest, you have the fever, don't touch me or boot." to another guy.

The big colorful !!!!!!! above you means the fever. LOL

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Oh!!!!! So That's why I died! Which means that I have had the fever. So, uh, does the chest remove the fever?

Lesrider
02-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Yep, fun boss. Definitely the most challenging of the new bosses. Still not sure why he's the first one you encounter. Seems like Trash Heap should be first -- he goes down easy.

BeardedBear
02-09-2011, 11:45 AM
You guys notice it says "God Fever" when the text announces he has spawned?

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 11:48 AM
No. I didn't.

Tengotengo
02-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I ran off when I heard ticking and a) didn't die, b) didn't see any appreciable damage to anyone else. I'd suggest mages run when they hear ticking just to be on the safe side, and be able to rev some or all the party after. better to start from scratch than do that run again.

Snakespeare
02-09-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't know about fever, but i do know to destroy the chest with the green orb whenever he buffs. That makes him die faster. I'll have to look into the fever thing.

Norbert
02-09-2011, 12:05 PM
I agree, Gold (God, sic) Fever is awesome.

I think this is the mechanics of it....

At some point, he infects the player with aggro with gold fever -- player gets emotes.

A timer starts and a chest gets a green orb. When the timer finishes GF does some noise/burst that has a certain radius. If the player with gold fever is within that radius, he takes a ton of damage and also radiate damage to players around him.

If you kill the chest with the green orb, the timer stops and the burst doesn't happen. I don't know about the shield, hadn't actually observed that part.

Running away when you have the fever does save you and your party. It can be hard to tell if you have it though if the party's in a bunch.

Sound about right?

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 12:07 PM
I told you guys that the chest works. it just don't cure fever correct?

Kindread
02-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Wow that guy giving you the instructions sounds like an ***. The comment he made to you grates on me in tone. I don't like players like that. Relax, take a chill pill.

Ravenous
02-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Breaking the chest DOES remove the fever from whomever has it.

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Breaking the chest DOES remove the fever from whomever has it. Really? Cool!

Kindread
02-09-2011, 12:28 PM
This is exactly it. When I get the fever, I take off away from everyone and even if I explode, I take considerably leas damage than when I'm near the group. So basically, if i see the celebrate emote , I've been running from the infected. Didn't know that breaking the chest stops fever.

BeardedBear
02-09-2011, 12:33 PM
see?

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/unknown08075/IMG_0396.png

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Oh ahahah!

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 12:34 PM
That's a bit offensive to me though, as if i've caught the God Fever as if God is bad..

Royce
02-09-2011, 12:41 PM
The "god fever" typo has been reported at least a few times in bugs and techinical issues. It's not really news, or anything worth taking this thread off topic about.

z0d
02-09-2011, 01:26 PM
I agree, Gold (God, sic) Fever is awesome.

I think this is the mechanics of it....

At some point, he infects the player with aggro with gold fever -- player gets emotes.

A timer starts and a chest gets a green orb. When the timer finishes GF does some noise/burst that has a certain radius. If the player with gold fever is within that radius, he takes a ton of damage and also radiate damage to players around him.

If you kill the chest with the green orb, the timer stops and the burst doesn't happen. I don't know about the shield, hadn't actually observed that part.

Running away when you have the fever does save you and your party. It can be hard to tell if you have it though if the party's in a bunch.

Sound about right?

that's sounds right to me. when i got the emotes i ran out and back in and it seemed to work out.

StompArtist
02-09-2011, 01:31 PM
That's a bit offensive to me though, as if i've caught the God Fever as if God is bad..

When the timer goes out you start going from towne to towne spreading the good news :D

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Lulz!! when timer goes out, i be in heaven alredy.