PDA

View Full Version : STAT Calculator!!!!!

DanielRH
02-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi all :)

Have you guys seen the PLGuides item database?

Well that was a pre-curser to what I am adding next to the PLGuide (hopefully in a week or so).

I am adding a stat calculator, so your gonna choose your class and level, and then choose items from the item database to "wear" one. As you add items, there will be a sidebar (like on the avatar page) which will display what your stats will be when you actually wear the item.

Basically, it will let you mix and match items to find the perfect match for your character without having to actually buy the item!

Of course once you have your perfect match, then you can go and purchase them :)

I would love peoples comments, suggestions and wether people think this will be useful.

Thanks all! :)

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 02:05 PM
I need a fan, Dan, you are the man!
--Dr. Seuss :p

Loving it.

DanielRH
02-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Lol like the docter suess quote :)

judgementbow
02-09-2011, 02:12 PM
exactly what we need. That would be great man.

GoofyYno
02-09-2011, 02:15 PM
exactly what we need. That would be great man.
I think Dan can!

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 02:16 PM
I think Dan can!

Sorry but you forgot the man.
"I think Dan can, Man" Sounds wayy better. :p

DanielRH
02-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Ok guys, I wanna hear the actual comments :)

Stop postin docter seuss sounding things, ur giving me a headache with the Dan can man stuff lol :)

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Sorry Dan, I can give you headaches, yes i can. :p
And maybe you could add a little Price Range list of current prices in the CS for a few items if it's possible.

DanielRH
02-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Hmm... Good idea, I'm trying to figure out a way to make a system like the Grand Exchange has in Runescape (not that I play lol) but the system where you can check the prices of items and whether they've gone up or down in price and how much In the past 10, 20 or 30 days.

Any ideas on how to do this would be very welcome :)

Royce
02-09-2011, 02:23 PM
How will the stat calculator handle attributes with contributions to stats that seem to defy a simple equation, like health from Str, and man from Int for instance. Will the numbers just be approximate? Or will it just tell you the stats from the items alone, and leave you to add that to your attribute based stats?

Edit: And, in either case, will it account for set bonuses?

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Why would anyone look at hp or mana? I look at DPS, M/S, H/S, and armor. That's all I would like to see in this Stat Calculator. Nothing too complicated.

DanielRH
02-09-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm going to have it so that you start out with the stat calculator as the level and class you set.

And I'll have the basic stats for each level for the 3 classes.

So yes, it should be exact.

And yes again, I will account for set bonuses :)

Ptoast
02-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Hmm... Good idea, I'm trying to figure out a way to make a system like the Grand Exchange has in Runescape (not that I play lol) but the system where you can check the prices of items and whether they've gone up or down in price and how much In the past 10, 20 or 30 days.

Any ideas on how to do this would be very welcome :)

Sounds difficult to do. Prices can fluctuate and I would think that would be hard to keep up with, constantly updating the prices of pinks and components and such.

DanielRH
02-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Yea, I doubt I could do it without the help of the devs to give me the average prices and price changes over time... Illl give them a PM and see what I can do :)

Royce
02-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Why would anyone look at hp or mana? I look at DPS, M/S, H/S, and armor. That's all I would like to see in this Stat Calculator. Nothing too complicated.

Lmao, a paldin that looks at DPS over damage, and cares about H/s. That cracked me up ;)
Anyway, some people like to take the whole picture into account.

Physiologic
02-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Very interested as how this will come out - good luck!

DanielRH
02-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Royce, I'll try and incorporate the whole kit and kaboodle...

Already have the base design, I'll post screenshots soon :)

Ptoast
02-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Don't forget hit, crit and dodge.

Edit: Refering to importance when selecting equipment. I figured you would be the Man, Dan (I couldn't resist) and include that in your calculator.

DanielRH
02-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Yea lol :)

Don't worry, I'll get all those things in :)

Check the plguide item database, everything that's there and more will be used in the stat calculator

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Lmao, a paldin that looks at DPS over damage, and cares about H/s. That cracked me up ;)
Anyway, some people like to take the whole picture into account.
Hey, I wasn't talking about my Pally! I'm feeling so offended now!!! ;) Anyway, ofc you like to take the whole picture into account. I'm one of those lazy guys that looks for the things that pop out.

DanielRH
02-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Any other comments? :)