View Full Version : Questions for the devs regarding craftable gear

Serancha
11-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Preface

So, we are coming to see the full picture of the planar content. I have a couple of questions relating to those we had asked when arena gear came out. The threads on the topic are viewable here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180524-To-STS-regarding-the-planar-arena) and here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?183180-Problems-with-gear-progression).

Samhayne was kind enough to give the following replies, letting us know that it would make sense with the planar tomb content.

The Planar Arena is what it is right now. It's kinda missing it's other half: the Planar Tombs end game elite content. Unfortunately, as Candylicks posted above, we needed to move that end game content out 'till after Halloween. We don't have any short term plans to adjust the Planar Arena.

Hopefully people will feel it is worth playing after the Planar Tombs content is out and dovetails with it.

We're human too. We're not going to always hit the mark. You guys bring up some good concerns. I am letting you know that we don't have plans to devote time to changing it right now. We want an awesome winter event more. Also, we don't want to break the current itemization plan by simply buffing the Arena gear and then break the balance for Halloween and Winter gear. So, as I mentioned previously, it is what it is right now.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Analysis

When I saw that there were recipes for new gear, and people said you would need the original base item first, in order to craft it into the good stuff, I thought great! That is why the stats suck on the arena gear, and why they made it so rare! It actually WILL be useful because it is to be crafted using items gathered in the tombs (fragments / essences) and made into something good.

Logical, right? Not so much. It turns out that the gear from arena is just trash and makes no more sense now than it did before the tomb release.

You can not use the gear looted in arena to make better gear. The recipes only allow you to use legendaries looted in tomb chests, which are almost non-existant with appalling drop rates for these craftable items.

So my questions to STS are these:

1) How do the stats of the arena legendaries make sense now that the tombs are released?

2) If we can't use the arena planar legendaries to make the new decent gear, why are they even there?

3) Why are they not craftable into the useable legendaries, as would make sense to properly tie the entire planar project together?

Considering the extremely low drop rates for both types of planar pinks (arena and tomb), and the amount of work needed to get the gear crafting recipes / ingredients, it makes no sense to not have the arena items craftable also. The crafting of them still need fragments, so people would still have to run the tombs a ton to get those, so why not make the gear from both areas useful?

Conclusion and my thanks for recent efforts

In short, I love the concept behind the new gear crafting.

I think it it totally amazing that people are required to actually get out of town and farm worthwhile content in order to actually EARN their new gear. I give the devs a standing ovation for implementing this concept.

However, if the base gear is to be required for crafting your equipment, that gear needs to be realistically obtainable.

I love that you guys are making a serious effort to prevent the market from being flooded with new items, in order to help restore the economy. I also know that it is better to err on the side of caution and make things too rare first, and then increase accordingly. Again, you're doing superbly here.

I think if the arena "planar" type legendaries were also craftable, this would make things a bit more realistic on the acquisition front. After all, the stats were adjusted, so this gear is not much better than the 36 mythics, if at all (depending on class). Those stats will likely be matched or outdone by the next event gear, so making it too hard to get now is not overly beneficial to the game.

Thank you for your attention.

InternetExplorer
11-21-2014, 04:36 PM
You can not use the gear looted in arena to make better gear. The recipes only allow you to use legendaries looted in tomb chests, which are almost non-existant with appalling drop rates for these craftable items.

Wait a minute... do you mean that after i obtain the requirements for the new planar gears i still need to find a legendary item of the same type from tomb chests in order to craft me an item out of the recipe that i bought with fragments from the planar npc???

Please clarify, because all i know is after obtaining the recipe from the planar npc, for a certain gear ( eg chest plate ) i just need an ingot and that 20K thingy in order to craft the gear (chest plate ).

Kriticality
11-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Yes, I believe you need to loot the class and type of dark crystal armor ie dark crystal armor of potency for Rogue and then you need the recipe to turn it into Imbued Gem Armor of potency. So you would need the loot, ingot, planarized crystal or whatever it is and the recipe. So 100 shards for ingot, 60 for recipe, the lesser armor, and two of the 20K things to craft. If you wanted the helm as well it would be another 100 for ingot, 40 for recipe etc etc and the lesser helm.

InternetExplorer
11-21-2014, 05:06 PM
oh mother of god....

why its not included in the recipe description at the npc????

oh the devs, devs, devs,

Why everything seems to be so hard to do these days, friggin hard dungoeon with alot of leechers and afkers inside, complicated end game content which isnt described properly and introduced properly on how to get these things until someone in the forums breaks the silence and tells everyone whats in store for them after completing the requirements for an item.

What the.....

What about those who doesnt go to the forums, thinking they only need to complete the requirements listed in the recipe at the npc???? when they complete it they will be shocked to know that they need another piece in order to craft a gear...
Those poor regular players will keep dreaming of getting those gears but will be slapped in the face once they realized that they need another thing...

Mother of Christ,,..

So disappointing...

Jirikjurasek
11-21-2014, 05:09 PM
I already ask Remiem and Seo why there is hidden ingredient for new gear and why there is not announcement about that. Even in the newest Remiem thread about new stuuf there is any word about it. All in all StS ignore it, like always and new gear sucks because we are not able to make it and everyone waiting on winter event gear. Like always, lot of effort for ruin the gear and market by event gear.

Kriticality
11-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Here is a thread by Zeus explaining. This is where I got that info from.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?187649-Crafting-System-Planar-Tombs-Saga-amp-Review

InternetExplorer
11-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Unbelieveable.....

I need to inform all my friends about this, they are farming like wild hounds in the planar dungeons just to be face palmed by a " hidden ingredient " to the recipe...

Mother of God

Serancha
11-21-2014, 05:19 PM
Wait a minute... do you mean that after i obtain the requirements for the new planar gears i still need to find a legendary item of the same type from tomb chests in order to craft me an item out of the recipe that i bought with fragments from the planar npc???

Please clarify, because all i know is after obtaining the recipe from the planar npc, for a certain gear ( eg chest plate ) i just need an ingot and that 20K thingy in order to craft the gear (chest plate ).

This was confirmed to me by Maarkus who has crafted one of the new items. You need the specific version of the gear to match the recipe, and only the kind that is found in the planar tomb chests will work. I am on holiday so have only run the new tombs about 35 times, but have only seen one chest drop in those times. I know people who have run 80 times with no chest.

Zeus made a separate thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?187649-Crafting-System-Planar-Tombs-Saga-amp-Review) about that specific hidden requirement.

This thread (the one we are on now) is specifically asking why the arena legendaries can not also be used to craft the new gear, since they are also hard to obtain, (as in 3/60 arena chests when I tested last), so would not cause an overabundance of the new crafted items if this were added. Nothing I have seen since shows that the drops have increased for these items in arena. Why have gear that's super hard to get unless you can make it worth getting?

InternetExplorer
11-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Well thanks for the explanation Serancha. i really dont read much on new threads being created in the forums but this one caught my eye. I even missed Zeus thread about the new craftable gears. I always look on Dev/Mods posts and threads.

This just made on the top of my " Why i shouldnt play Arcane Legends " list for Christmas. This isnt for a normal/regular player like me, i do like challenges but i dont like hitting a pinata 60 feet high blindfolded and with a barbeque stick.

:)

PS:
I removed the 25% of my bonus this year for plats already lmao

Jexetta
11-21-2014, 06:54 PM
In my ideal AL world....

Dark crystal armor would drop occasionally from the Arena Master Chests. The carrot is too far away from the rabbit right now and don't even get me started on Noble & Shade armor still dropping from Arena (it's best to just liquidate as soon as you get it). I don't care what anyone says, if the drop rate from killing bosses for a single planar chest is about 1 in 50 bosses at best case or 1 chest in 100 bosses more realistically.. There is no way I'm going to waste my time farming for 16-1/2 hours for 1 chest for a super minuscule 'chance' at looting something I actually want to acquire.

I like the new content, but there needs to be realistic incentive to run it. Anyone who actually crunches the numbers will realize what a high bar you have to jump over in terms of time for a minor improvement.

Ticklish
11-21-2014, 07:06 PM
This. Arena Planar gear SHOULD be considered as a pre-requisite for crafting the new gear. It's of legendary rarity, not mythic nor arcane. Have the fossil lootable from both master chest and planar tombs chest (since the master chest loot chance is almost none anyway, we've had the arena for months already and only ONE person has looted a fossil out of it).

Anarchist
11-21-2014, 08:25 PM
If its called UPGRADED ecc..implies you upgrade it from something no?
Tbh i thought everyone logically understood there was a base gear to upgrade.

+1 on arena armor gettin some usefulness.

Serancha
11-21-2014, 09:57 PM
It's not called upgraded, it's called imbued. It tells you what you need to get the recipe, but few people thought the recipe would include more items, since the term "upgrade" was never used anywhere I saw.

In any case, I have no issue with base gear being a requirement, just that the promise of the crappy stats in the arena gear making sense when the tombs arrived, turned out to be false.

Altering the "recipes" to allow the arena gear to be used also would be a totally logical way to make that gear useful, and make it a bit less arcane-style to get these new crafted legendaries.

Qamr
11-21-2014, 11:23 PM
It's not called upgraded, it's called imbued. It tells you what you need to get the recipe, but few people thought the recipe would include more items, since the term "upgrade" was never used anywhere I saw.

In any case, I have no issue with base gear being a requirement, just that the promise of the crappy stats in the arena gear making sense when the tombs arrived, turned out to be false.

Altering the "recipes" to allow the arena gear to be used also would be a totally logical way to make that gear useful, and make it a bit less arcane-style to get these new crafted legendaries.

I thought to there's a base gear to be used in the Imbued Gem recipe. also i thought it will be the planar gear from arena so i bought one of them once the planar tombs released, when i sow Zeus thread i was shocked. Like WTH is that. so why u even make those planar gear any way they are useless and ancient druid is so much better.

Anarchist
11-22-2014, 01:38 AM

click me (http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/10/66b251d0d565015724bc221977869d1d.jpg)
click me too please (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?186345-New-armor-and-helm-for-rogues)
These made me conclude there was a base.

Serancha
11-22-2014, 01:46 AM
Too bad they nerfed before release. The lowered stats mean the arena gear needs to be useable for a base or else the effort really isn't worth the result in most cases. Even still it won't be worth it but at least some would get made that way.

aarrgggggg
11-22-2014, 02:50 AM
Using planar gear in the imbued process would certainly make it much more attainable.

The way this new content currently is, i dont know if i will ever craft that imbued set.

The cost/risk factor seems too high.

IF your lucky enough to loot the chest its value in auction outweighs the worth of the new armor.

It reminds me of farming Elite golden chests and then opening them all hoping for mythic/arcane items.

I think the new armor should not be had this way.

We can buy magma gear from the tooth vendor, Why cant we craft the new armor without a base or at least make the base not be so rare.

It is legendary after all.

InternetExplorer
11-22-2014, 06:28 AM
If its called UPGRADED ecc..implies you upgrade it from something no?
Tbh i thought everyone logically understood there was a base gear to upgrade.

+1 on arena armor gettin some usefulness.

Yeah like chlamydia, theres no symptoms but you know its " there "....

Serancha
11-22-2014, 01:35 PM
Hoping for a dev response on this.

It is legendary, and the drop rates are mythic for the new gear needed in the crafting. The arena gear remains useless and also has almost a mythic rarity drop rate.

I like things difficult and things that require effort. but the risk/reward balance is way off, and the tie-in of the two halves of the planar maps gear is still missing.

Titanium
11-22-2014, 05:36 PM
I said few days ago and I hope it's going to be implemented.

I think they should change Gatekeeper Hax quest. So the daily quest will give fragments instead of essences. What can you do with those essences in one month from now? Besides selling them in inventory?

Candylicks
11-23-2014, 10:00 AM
Lol. All that work for legendary gear that again is not much better than mythics. No thanks. Getting the piece out of the planar chests that never drop killed it for me. I'll stick with my mythics. I'm all for working but this is too much for gear that kind of stinks.

Ebezaanec
11-23-2014, 10:51 AM

I think they should change Gatekeeper Hax quest. So the daily quest will give fragments instead of essences. What can you do with those essences in one month from now? Besides selling them in inventory?

Mercier the NPC can always have a conversion for essences to fragments. Or just implement crafting planar essences into planar fragments.

Serancha
11-23-2014, 04:39 PM

That would be better made as it's own topic I think.

Samaeldavisjr
11-24-2014, 09:13 AM
However, if the base gear is to be required for crafting your equipment, that gear needs to be realistically obtainable.
This ^^^

Those stats will likely be matched or outdone by the next event gear, so making it too hard to get now is not overly beneficial to the game.
and This ^^^

Samaeldavisjr
11-24-2014, 09:18 AM

yep!!! After you have done alllllll of your farming for the ingredients, you still need to loot the item from a hard to get chest. SO fn lame.

Serancha
11-24-2014, 12:04 PM
At least for warriors it appears to be worth the effort, however, not allowing the arena gear to be used in the recipe means it's too difficult for most players to obtain the ingredients, so rogues and mages have little incentive to even bother, other than to help their warrior pals.

Jexetta
11-25-2014, 11:41 AM
I suppose the lack of the response from developers means that the new planar chests are dropping 'as intended' and the rarity of the actual armor being looted from the chests is 'as intended'

Meaning - not a whole lot of desire to run the tombs for me (and countless others) anymore. After this weekend running the tombs a total of 150 times since the beginning of the release I've looted 2 planar chests, kinda sad odds and makes it not really worth the effort. Skiing and ice skating instead for the win. 1, 2, 3, -triple salchow.

famousfame
11-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Have to agree with Sera on this, I was initially very impressed with update and looked as of sts was starting interesting new chapter in game, however the rarity on new legend gear seems arcane in drops I.e v v v rare. I've done 80runs in tombs and have yet to loot planar chest, that's quite shocking :0. New gear should he added to arena master chest and locks, that way it will encourage more people to run arena and open locks.

"Winter is Coming" :O

Serancha
11-25-2014, 01:14 PM
Yes, disappointing that there is no response here.

Energizeric
11-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Just wanted to mention I made this same mistake in Pocket Legends back a couple of years ago. I started playing PL when the level cap was 66. PL is a different kind of game in certain respects, and one of them is that there is no "elite" content to rush to end game for, so players tend to take their time and level up over a period of many months. So about 3-4 months after I began playing, I reached level 50 and started entering the Balefort Sewers dungeons. The level 55 legendary sets were the first crafted items I had come across, and when I saw the NPC and which crafting components were required to craft a fortified set, I began farming for them. After a couple of weeks of doing the daily quests and farming for these items, I got everything I needed and returned to the NPC only to find out that I still needed the actual legendary gear as well.

I was quite disappointed, as legendary drops were very rare in the sewers and I had never even seen one in 2 weeks of farming those dungeons. So I decided I was going to try to save up enough gold to buy the items I needed, and it took me 2 more months of playing to get there, but I finally completed the fortified set when I was level 56. It took a lot of work, but it was well worth the work as the set was awesome to use, a great tanking set for my bear.

So I don't mind the hard work and high rarity of these items necessary to craft the helm and armor, but make the stats worth the work, but do NOT increase the drop rate of these items as that will just make it a useless quest that everyone will finish in a few days. We are not even a week into the planar tombs release, and people are already complaining that these items are too hard to get. I'm happy for once that there are some tough items to work for. Just would like the stats to be boosted a little. Perhaps the imbued crafted items should even be mythic rarity, then if they had better stats they wouldn't disrupt the whole itemization plans as the winter event gear could still be better than the best legendary gear because these would be mythics, and because of all the hard work, not everyone would have them already, making the winter gear still desirable by a large number of players.

Candylicks
11-25-2014, 01:37 PM
So I don't mind the hard work and high rarity of these items necessary to craft the helm and armor, but make the stats worth the work, but do NOT increase the drop rate of these items as that will just make it a useless quest that everyone will finish in a few days. We are not even a week into the planar tombs release, and people are already complaining that these items are too hard to get. I'm happy for once that there are some tough items to work for. Just would like the stats to be boosted a little. Perhaps the imbued crafted items should even be mythic rarity.

The difference is this:

You can run balefort for FREE, rev for FREE and not spend a TON doing it. It's essentially play for free environment.

Here in Tombs people are quitting the game because they can no longer keep up with current content. You can't simply grind the tombs w/ no plat or ankh to craft this sub-par gear.

The planar chests never drop, I have friends logged over 200 runs never got a single one.

The contents of the chests are rough too, other people have blown millions and millions of gold and can come on to say yeah getting the crafting component is impossible.

Wooah....

They need to:
1. Make planar tomb chests drop more often
2. Make the crafting elements drop more often
3. Increase the stats

Because myself and 99.9% of the players are done in tombs once we have crafted our mythic amulets.

Zeus
11-25-2014, 01:41 PM
The difference is this:

You can run balefort for FREE, rev for FREE and not spend a TON doing it. It's essentially play for free environment.

Here in Tombs people are quitting the game because they can no longer keep up with current content. You can't simply grind the tombs w/ no plat or ankh to craft this sub-par gear.

The planar chests never drop, I have friends logged over 200 runs never got a single one.

The contents of the chests are rough too, other people have blown millions and millions of gold and can come on to say yeah getting the crafting component is impossible.

Wooah....

They need to:
1. Make planar tomb chests drop more often
2. Make the crafting elements drop more often
3. Increase the stats

Because myself and 99.9% of the players are done in tombs once we have crafted our mythic amulets.

100 planar chests opened...3 planar items & I was one of the lucky ones that looted a dark crystal plate of assault and gem mask of brutality. The force helm for mage was garbage.

If they're going to keep them this rare, that's fine but make sure ALL sets are better than mythic sets. This can be achieved by giving each set a unique but powerful set bonus when crafted and used as a set.

Energizeric
11-25-2014, 01:48 PM
I disagree Candy. Having ankhs certainly makes it easier, but it's not a requirement unless you intend to run past the mobs. I've done the first tomb with pugs a bunch of times, and we just cleared all the mobs, and many players did not have ankhs and we still managed to beat the boss. Yes it took a half hour, but we did.

As far as making the chests or crafting elements drop more often, that will cause the price to decrease, so the end result will still be the same. You will never get more value for your farming time. More drops means lower price for each drop. Right now if you loot a chest (I looted 1 in about 20 runs), you can sell it for more than 500k. If they increased the drop rate to double what it is, I can assure you that the price will probably drop in half. Same goes for the legendary gear.

If you prefer to farm somewhere else, then do that and just buy the dark crystal gear from someone who loots it. I already purchased my dark crystal helm from someone, and now waiting on the armor. I also purchased my ingot from the auction as I decided the price was worth not having to do the 50+ tombs runs required to loot 100 fragments. I'm sure the person who did all the tombs runs is happy too as they made a few million gold for their work. From what ingots are selling for, you earn 30-40k for each fragment you collect, and one of those drops every time in the tombs.

Edit: I agree with Zeus 100%

Candylicks
11-25-2014, 01:51 PM
I disagree. Having ankhs certainly makes it easier, but it's not a requirement unless you intend to run past the mobs. I've done the first tomb with pugs a bunch of times, and we just cleared all the mobs, and many players did not have ankhs and we still managed to beat the boss. Yes it took a half hour, but we did.

I also purchased my ingot from the auction as I decided the price was worth not having to do the 50+ tombs runs required to loot 100 fragments.

You contradict yourself here. One hand you boast how easy tombs are w/o using ankh then you go onto say the price is not worth having to do 50+ tomb runs to loot fragments?

Which one do you mean?

Candylicks
11-25-2014, 01:52 PM
So because you guys have your sets you want them better and no one else to get them, that's what I am reading here.

Energizeric
11-25-2014, 01:54 PM
BTW, I have noticed that the dark crystal helms and armors all seem to have different colors for each type. The "Force" helm that I have is a silver color with blue trim, while the security armor that is for sale in the auction appears to be red with gold trim. Does anyone know if the crafted versions are also different colors, and what they look like when crafted?

Considering the rarity, I wonder if it will be a cool looking set to walk around wearing, or if it's ugly and you would just want to cover it up with a vanity.

notfaded1
11-25-2014, 01:59 PM
Change the drop rate or make them better... it's ridiculous if this is almost going to be like the fossil in arena. You said it yourself Energizeric... you'd rather farm somewhere else and just buy it because the drop rate makes it ridiculous to even try.

And the ankhs is totally true I have guildies that don't buy plat that are thinking of finally quitting the game because they can afford to run endgame any longer on the new maps... this is NOT right. One has liquidated everything he had to buy ankhs to be able to hang in the party and farm with us. I don't mind hard maps but with the server DC situation on top of everything else my free players are coming to the end of their rope and that's NOT ok.

I've been running the new maps since they opened... 100's of runs and haven't looted one new chest yet... so either you're really lucky or half my guild is lying... 1 in 20 in absolutely not true... that much I know for sure.

Candylicks
11-25-2014, 02:05 PM
BTW, I have noticed that the dark crystal helms and armors all seem to have different colors for each type. The "Force" helm that I have is a silver color with blue trim, while the security armor that is for sale in the auction appears to be red with gold trim. Does anyone know if the crafted versions are also different colors, and what they look like when crafted?

Considering the rarity, I wonder if it will be a cool looking set to walk around wearing, or if it's ugly and you would just want to cover it up with a vanity.

Speaking for myself and the 99.9% of the players who will never wear or own this set...

We don't care if it looks like you are wearing a paper bag on your head.

Jexetta
11-25-2014, 02:42 PM
I'm sorry, but from my own personal experience with the new content (and backed up by other players) the odds are absolutely ridiculous. If my time spent farming is so 'minuscule' I've done 150 runs x 10 minute runs = 25 hours of running tombs for exactly 2 planar chests. And then if I decide to open a planar chest the drop rate is what.... 1-3%? That's more time than most people will spend in the tombs running 3 planar maps every day for a month.

Other addicts like me have done the same, the big picture here is that the drop rate, odds, and cost does not encourage people to play, you're just encouraging people to fizzle out from playing. When you get big PvE only guilds & their respective GMs stating the case before you there is a problem.

twoxc
11-25-2014, 02:52 PM
i ran literally 150+ tombs haha i still haven't looted a single Elite tomb chest. it's depressing.

Zeus
11-25-2014, 02:57 PM
I've run 100 tombs 3 runs with only two chests. That's 200 tomb 1&2 runs.

Sir Lubo Penev
11-25-2014, 05:11 PM
I find it a bit puzzling that almost every single top farmer says "I ran 100 times and got 1 chest" and at the same time some people open hundreds of these chests. Now.. Either some guys, who aren't on forums, are extremely lucky. Or there are tens of thousands of players, who run 24/7. I doubt both, but all these chests must have come from somewhere after all. :)

Energizeric
11-25-2014, 05:17 PM
It's all about luck. Yesterday in a run of tombs #1, I saw 2 chests drop at the same time to 2 of the members of my party.

To clarify what I meant before, I decided to purchase the ingot instead of running the tombs so many times. Everyone else is entitled to do the same if you wish. And if you can't afford to purchase the items you need, then you can farm elsewhere, sell your loot, and then buy the items you want.

I remember in Pocket Legends everyone kept farming for months trying to get dragon items to drop. It was tons of fun for some, and for others like myself, I mostly farmed other dungeons, sold my loot, and after a few months of saving I purchased a dragon set.

There is no point in farming for the exact items you want. Just farm for stuff you can sell, and buy the items you want. If you want a hamburger for lunch, do you go out and slaughter cattle? No, you buy the burger from a place that sells them. If you want a computer, do you purchase all the microchips and assemble your computer? No, you go to the computer store and buy one. Same logic can apply in this game. If you don't have the gear and/or skill and/or plat to run this very difficult dungeon, then run one of the easier ones, or run one that you prefer, and farm there instead. Then save up your gold and one day you can buy the items you want from someone else who did farm the planar tombs. That is how the world works. We all pick a specialty and concentrate on that, and that is how we fit into the world. It can be the same way in this game.

Qamr
11-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Solution is Simple for that Case.

Make another NPC that have Recipes to craft Planar gear from (Master chest) to Dark Crystal gear like the one dropped from (Planar tomb chest)

Make that one in the area before we enter the arena (the spikes), have the recipes that's allow us to craft planar gear to dark crystal gear so we can use it in crafting the imbued gem gear. using ore and ingot to beside the planar items - and so after that we will have the choice to sell it or upgrade it to imbued gem gear using the way that we have right now.

Benefits to the game.

1- you will make a very big connection with planar arena and planar tombs. Players will not run arena not for only the recipe but for the arena chest to.
2- planar gear will became useful at last.
3- people will keep farming the new content because the benefit from it will be more reachable (hard but possible) for all players in the game. (Like Energizeric want to explain here)
4- you will give another reason to play arena.
5- you will make players run MORE (and i think what you are STS wanna do to make the game content more active)

In that case to make imbued gem helm for any class you will need.
crystal helm from planar tomb chest, recipe, ingot and the ore (140 fragments + millions of gold or millions of luck angles) or
the planar helm from master chest (which is easy to get and cheaper), recipe, ingot and the one of the boss cleansed ess (forstir for rogue - rutger for war - glob for Sorc) so every one needs to run twice a time to get them that way :)

Candylicks
11-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Wow i remember when everyone was so excited when you got a Kershal. And you worked so hard for it and we all rallied around you. Now there is flat out total bs in the game, Highway robbery and you could give a toot. The planar chests and the corresponding contents are so farfetched veteran players are quitting the game every single day over it. Open your your eyes and remember when it was possible to farm things here. Your advice is terrible you have fallen out of touch with the game.

This was to Eric, sorry I'm on phone..

notfaded1
11-25-2014, 07:24 PM
The point is you can't run the levels the way they were designed without ridiculous luck and ever expect to get the goal. Can you depend on a 1000 other people too that are so poor they have to sell it and just buy it sure... But the normal engame player has little to no chance on his/her own to realistically get it... That's the fact. Lottery on crates you pay to open is one thing but ridiculous odds lottery to ever get a drop playing the game straight then another ridiculous odds lottery whether you get anything from the crate means for most players you might as well forget ever thinking you can complete this quest on your own period. If you think that's OK fine... I don't think that's OK.

Reading this from you of all people tells me you already have it and are just as guilty as all the other people you used to complain about. Pretty two faced and hypocritical if you ask me... I can easily get this if I want I'm sure but I suppose unlike you I actually would like someone that farms hard to have a chance at finishing without having to capitalize on others.

Otahaanak
11-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Great post Fade.

Majorlegion
11-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Uhmmm their is a imbuded helm of Brut in the CS and its going for 10m for magehttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/25/5862b5c336fdc4cbc44a53f2b2afb2f0.jpg

leoakre
11-26-2014, 05:22 AM
Yeah like chlamydia, theres no symptoms but you know its " there "....

Gosh, but that was funny xD

leoakre
11-26-2014, 05:37 AM
Whew! This has all gotten so complicated. I am just a dumb ditsy redhead so please don't force me to learn how to build a car engine from the ground up in shop class just to play and enjoy a video game!

What happened to all the fun?! Fix the lag issues, bring the timers back, and screw all this crafting! Let's go back to old school AL and enjoy the fun, simple, straight farming and get back to the basics that made this game #1 in the first place.

Meh!

ueveotadeo
11-26-2014, 06:15 AM
The point is you can't run the levels the way they were designed without ridiculous luck and ever expect to get the goal. Can you depend on a 1000 other people too that are so poor they have to sell it and just buy it sure... But the normal engame player has little to no chance on his/her own to realistically get it... That's the fact. Lottery on crates you pay to open is one thing but ridiculous odds lottery to ever get a drop playing the game straight then another ridiculous odds lottery whether you get anything from the crate means for most players you might as well forget ever thinking you can complete this quest on your own period. If you think that's OK fine... I don't think that's OK.

Reading this from you of all people tells me you already have it and are just as guilty as all the other people you used to complain about. Pretty two faced and hypocritical if you ask me... I can easily get this if I want I'm sure but I suppose unlike you I actually would like someone that farms hard to have a chance at finishing without having to capitalize on others.

I agree with everything faded said here and makes me sad that even "free farmable content" is not so free. I dont understand why everything in this game is a lottery. Loot this, loot that, you guys by any chance have a chance on looting your sallary as well?

But even worst than this is some players, who already have their new gear, being fine with it, you would expect that a mmorpg player would care more about the game being fair to everyone (as long as f2p content go) and not being like "I have my precious litle item, so make it difficult to get and give my item some boost". That is just pure selfish behaviour.

Im ok with spending the occasional money to get some better gear or stuff like that, but every new content coming out you either have to be willing to spend a crap load of money or having no chance on getting it is just ridiculous, and you guys supporting it is even worse.

Im trying to be as polite as I can here but the devs/mod not answering threads like this , the way game is going and the way some ppl seem to be ok with it just pissees me off....and thats why endgame is so slow right now, thats why we have some great ppl leaving game and thats why a lot of other ppl are also thinking on quiting.

Getting back on topic, so devs/mods, what you have to say about the hidden ingredient? Why it is so hard to obtain?
Why cant we have the armour/helmet for like 1000 tokens? Id rly be ok with that. After all, isnt it free content? We just have to work hard to get it or am I get the concept of free content wrong here?

famousfame
11-26-2014, 06:40 AM
I agree with everything faded said here and makes me sad that even "free farmable content" is not so free. I dont understand why everything in this game is a lottery. Loot this, loot that, you guys by any chance have a chance on looting your sallary as well?

But even worst than this is some players, who already have their new gear, being fine with it, you would expect that a mmorpg player would care more about the game being fair to everyone (as long as f2p content go) and not being like "I have my precious litle item, so make it difficult to get and give my item some boost". That is just pure selfish behaviour.

Im ok with spending the occasional money to get some better gear or stuff like that, but every new content coming out you either have to be willing to spend a crap load of money or having no chance on getting it is just ridiculous, and you guys supporting it is even worse.

Im trying to be as polite as I can here but the devs/mod not answering threads like this , the way game is going and the way some ppl seem to be ok with it just pissees me off....and thats why endgame is so slow right now, thats why we have some great ppl leaving game and thats why a lot of other ppl are also thinking on quiting.

Getting back on topic, so devs/mods, what you have to say about the hidden ingredient? Why it is so hard to obtain?
Why cant we have the armour/helmet for like 1000 tokens? Id rly be ok with that. After all, isnt it free content? We just have to work hard to get it or am I get the concept of free content wrong here?
Good shout

Candylicks
11-26-2014, 07:03 AM
Yep. Again they add this chance component that leaves you with 'you may or may not ever craft your set!' despite investing a ridiculous amount of money on plat, gold, and exorbitant time in the game. That to me feels like ripping off the community.

ueveotadeo
11-26-2014, 08:29 AM
Ill bump this thread till we get an answer/comment from a dev....i think we at least deserve it.

Sir Lubo Penev
11-26-2014, 08:29 AM
An observation. Probably been shared already, but won't hurt to repeat it.

I've done about 30 successful runs so far. I got one chest and saw at least two (maybe more, but I wasn't paying attention the first few times I ran tombs) looted by party mates. I've seen a lot of rerolls so far, but none of the chest drops were rerolls. I'm conducting a research now among friends and guildies - how many runs, how many chests, did they reroll for a chest and stuff like this.

As it stands now I'm no longer using luck lix or lepre in tombs, since I have the crappy feeling, that the useless blades of riposte and the locked crates (yeah, please remove that from loot table) I looted, might have been rerolls from chests. :)

Zeus
11-26-2014, 09:46 AM
An observation. Probably been shared already, but won't hurt to repeat it.

I've done about 30 successful runs so far. I got one chest and saw at least two (maybe more, but I wasn't paying attention the first few times I ran tombs) looted by party mates. I've seen a lot of rerolls so far, but none of the chest drops were rerolls. I'm conducting a research now among friends and guildies - how many runs, how many chests, did they reroll for a chest and stuff like this.

As it stands now I'm no longer using luck lix or lepre in tombs, since I have the crappy feeling, that the useless blades of riposte and the locked crates (yeah, please remove that from loot table) I looted, might have been rerolls from chests. :)

I thought the same thing! I looted another planar today so I will run and let you know.

CAK Vader
11-26-2014, 10:00 AM
Whew! This has all gotten so complicated. I am just a dumb ditsy redhead so please don't force me to learn how to build a car engine from the ground up in shop class just to play and enjoy a video game!

What happened to all the fun?! Fix the lag issues, bring the timers back, and screw all this crafting! Let's go back to old school AL and enjoy the fun, simple, straight farming and get back to the basics that made this game #1 in the first place.

Meh!

First logical al comment I've seen all day .-.

Zeus
11-26-2014, 10:23 AM
I thought the same thing! I looted another planar today so I will run and let you know.

Looted two planar chests in about 10 runs with no re-roll elixirs or leprechaun used running tomb 3. I'll post more as I get more.

Sorcerie
11-26-2014, 11:20 AM
I gotta say, Ener.

For the guy who has went through get lengths to advocate for hardcore farming quests to get new gear (even going so far as to mention PL Ichor Quest I don't know how many times) you sold out pretty damn quick.

ueveotadeo
11-26-2014, 12:06 PM
As I said before, bumping till devs/mods at least say they read this.....you know, that excuse you give when u read but dont give a f...we appreciate your input and we will look into that.....

Anarchist
11-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Whats up with the PVE fanatics?
Ener basic idea was good.
StS developed and wrapped it up with their Gamble gamble system.

BUT this does not mean because Energizeric advocated the idea he should go farm. Lmao.
A idea is nothing but a idea and words are words. Actions may differ from words for various and legitimate reasons.

I dont understand why everything in this game is a lottery. Loot this, loot that, you guys by any chance have a chance on looting your sallary as well?

Well said.

Sorcerie
11-26-2014, 01:27 PM
Whats up with the PVE fanatics?
Ener basic idea was good.
StS developed and wrapped it up with their Gamble gamble system.

BUT this does not mean because Energizeric advocated the idea he should go farm. Lmao.
A idea is nothing but a idea and words are words. Actions may differ from words for various and legitimate reasons.

Well said.Nothing is up, it's just that elite PVE is now sucking end game players dry every which way and now we're being told to farm maps and loot somewhere else and then someday you can get what you want, because

There is no point in farming for the exact items you want.

So then what's the point of PVE exactly? Or are we all just running for ****s, giggles, and random lotto tickets?

Serancha
11-26-2014, 01:37 PM
Making the arena planar items usable as the base would solve the problem perfectly well. They are rare, but not excessively so, and have absolutely no use with their current stats. We were promised that they would tie in once the tombs were released, and this did not happen.

The only imbued that is actually better than mythics is seemingly the warrior of assault one. It is extremely disappointing that the others were so heavily nerfed that they are no longer the "better-than-old-mythic" quality we were promised.

Now they are also so virtually unattainable by farming that STS may as well have put them in locked. Ridiculous.

Anarchist
11-26-2014, 01:42 PM
I am fine with the new PVE system. Sure its hard but if you combine effort with Luck you can make some legit cash in no time right now.

I know some endgamers would like to craft everything themselves straightaway but personally i prefer a scenario where there are multiple things to loot and sell in order to build the necessary money for what you desire than a direct straight forward line to your imbued gears. Being the potency and brutality versions hard to obtain the other tomb armors will maintain a decent value for a longer period.

Long story short it sucks but its still acceptable, definately better than farming elite tindirin or doing nothing. Now each time i logging i am always busy doing something.

Remiem
11-26-2014, 02:42 PM
Hey Sera,

I responded to Zeus' post here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?187649-Crafting-System-Planar-Tombs-Saga-amp-Review&p=1929425&viewfull=1#post1929425

I do like your idea of allowing the Arena legendaries to be craftable as well. It would have to go through design to determine the overall game impact, but I will certainly get the idea in front of them. :)

Remi

Energizeric
11-26-2014, 03:39 PM
So then what's the point of PVE exactly? Or are we all just running for ****s, giggles, and random lotto tickets?

That is like me saying "what is the point of going to work each day since what I really want is a new car". Should I instead go to the auto store and start accumulating the parts so I can build my car? Or should I just go to work each day, earn a paycheck, and then buy the car from a car dealership like most people do?

The purpose of PvE is to earn money by farming. Then you take that money, go to the auction, and buy the items you need. Or have you not yet figured out that most of the time you loot a good item, it is NOT the one that you need or want. For example, if you finally do get a dark crystal armor or helm, it will probably NOT be the one you want since there are 12 different versions (3 classes x 4 versions per class). So even then, you will probably end up selling it.

And if they make the drop rate so high that each player has a good chance to loot the exact version they want, that means on average each player would loot 12 dark crystal armors, and then there would be 12 times as many dark crystal armors on the market as there are total players, so they would be worth 100 gold each.

That is why most of the event gear is worthless. Because every player loots a dozen or more pieces, so there are more items on the market than players who can possibly wear them. Please keep some gear rare. PLEASE!

All I'm asking for is something rare that is not an item that comes from locked crates. After pleading for this for 2 years, we finally get a couple of items like this, and now everyone is raging that they are too rare. Please let there be something rare in the game that doesn't involve locked crates.

Serancha
11-26-2014, 04:53 PM
So the arena planar gear should remain useless and should not tie in with the tomb content at all? It is rare also but not stupidly rare like the dark items. We are not asking for it to be made easy to get the new gear, just realistic. You also have to get a ton of planar fragments and other stuff to even get the recipes to make the items. I'm all for a grind but this is legendary gear and has been nerfed so badly we now have more content not worth playing for.

Energizeric
11-26-2014, 06:08 PM
So the arena planar gear should remain useless and should not tie in with the tomb content at all? It is rare also but not stupidly rare like the dark items. We are not asking for it to be made easy to get the new gear, just realistic. You also have to get a ton of planar fragments and other stuff to even get the recipes to make the items. I'm all for a grind but this is legendary gear and has been nerfed so badly we now have more content not worth playing for.

I agree that the planar armors and helms are pretty useless. I wish they would just rid this game of all useless legendary items as they do a disservice to the economy. Remove the planar armors and helms and make the dark crystal armors and helms also drop from the arena chests, but at a lower rate (since it's easy to get arena chests).

Really I wish that anything that was legendary be a good, useful and valuable item. Anything less than that should be epic at best.

famousfame
11-27-2014, 07:24 AM
I agree that the planar armors and helms are pretty useless. I wish they would just rid this game of all useless legendary items as they do a disservice to the economy. Remove the planar armors and helms and make the dark crystal armors and helms also drop from the arena chests, but at a lower rate (since it's easy to get arena chests).

Really I wish that anything that was legendary be a good, useful and valuable item. Anything less than that should be epic at best.
Planar armor is still good.