PDA

View Full Version : QOTD from chat

drewcapu
02-09-2011, 03:36 PM
"I'd love to talk about what the bosses do with you. Many of the posts and vids are just flat wrong."

-Thade

aha

Royce
02-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Problem IMO is that they all go down too easily. It's harder to figure out the intended strategy when you don't actually have to use it and can just brute force them dead...

Echelong
02-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Yep they are to easy and only a few mobs per stage not as grouped as I would have liked for more exp. Also to many exploding drains a lot of people especially archers keep dieing a lot.

Royce
02-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Yep they are to easy and only a few mobs per stage not as grouped as I would have liked for more exp. Also to many exploding drains a lot of people especially archers keep dieing a lot.

Exactly, it seems like more than 90% of BS deaths are caused by exploding grates. I don't know what that says, but I think the grates are maybe a bit too powerful, and the mobs/bosses are definitely too weak. It seems like the whole campaign would be pretty boring for a group of well geared 55s...

Ptoast
02-09-2011, 03:54 PM

Lol! Especially when they crit for 600+ dmg. I think that the swill pits and bandit boy hideout have too many grates.

drewcapu
02-09-2011, 03:55 PM
What about if they made the bosses (or the whole level) scale like Winter Fest? Or even scale exponentially? o.O

rku
02-09-2011, 04:02 PM
I gotta agree with the fire traps. I know you can see when they are about to explode when the flames appear, but in some places theres a series of 3 and its completely unavoidable. I dont think any game should have completely unavoidable damage that instantly kill you. Like the lightning from the bandit queen. If it crits, I die. Even with a tank pot. Maybe theres a way to stop her from using lightning but I havent found it yet.

And while I'm complaining I think I'll mention those little fireball guys in the catacombs...hate them. Its like a super mutant ninja turtle picked up a fire flower

Ptoast
02-09-2011, 04:23 PM
I gotta agree with the fire traps. I know you can see when they are about to explode when the flames appear, but in some places theres a series of 3 and its completely unavoidable.

I also hate when there is a pack of mobs hanging out near the three set of grates and you get nuked.

And while I'm complaining I think I'll mention those little fireball guys in the catacombs...hate them. Its like a super mutant ninja turtle picked up a fire flower

Lol, just lol!!!

superglut2
02-09-2011, 04:36 PM
I hate the fire traps im too scared to use xp pot cause they killme too much

Dizzy
02-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Ooo the freaking fire traps. I hate them because they kill me. Heh. When walking by, I usually throw up my mana shield and that will absorb any damage. But when fighting mobs around them it's hard to see when they're about to flash up and my eyes are confused enough by enemies that look like members of my team and members of my team that look like enemies, hehe. Not to mention it's difficult to target when I always end up targeting the traps.

The bosses haven't been too hard, I wouldn't mind if they got buffed up a bit, but getting to the bosses through all the firetraps is annoying.

Question... I haven't been able to figure this out quite yet: do AoE skills set off the grates? How about auto-targeting? I had a couple of people tell me to stop doing AoE skills around the grates, but I'm not convinced they're set off by anything other than the timer they're on. Obviously barrels can be blown up with AoE or shooting them, but grates??

EDIT: ah, nevermind, just found the answer to this. This is what I get for not being on the forums for a day: overwhelmed with information. :D

CanonicalKoi
02-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Hate the fire grates both because they kill my bird more often then the mobs do and for some silly reason they attract auto-targeting. I've wasted a ton of combos attempting to "kill" a grate. And when a clump of ne'er-do-wells is parked on one, it's hard to tell what you're locked on until after your shot's wasted. :(