PDA

View Full Version : Grand gem rate raised?

Zeus
11-21-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm just wondering because I was able to get 3 tarlok wind grands on my planar amulet in 11 tries (3 from initial gemming clean + 8 retries).

Has anyone else experienced such remarkable luck? Two other cases I know were also an extraordinarily low amount of gems, so I am just wondering if grand gem rate was altered.

Jazzi
11-21-2014, 05:31 PM
You must have been incredibly lucky. I have trying to get two items to perfect since the beginning of the Halloween event. Alas no luck as of yet.

Serancha
11-21-2014, 05:34 PM
i sometimes get 2 or 3 grands on one character, but then nothing on the next 3 alts. It is just by chance, but congrats on getting lucky for winds. Perfecting with those is an expensive endeavour, at least for the other 99.85% of the players ;)

I do think there has been a change in the randomizers they use though. I had only gotten 3 arcanes in 20 months of opening crates, then a couple of weeks back I got 5 in 4 days, in a low number of crates. I know a few others who got reds around that time too, but someone else spent over 3k plat and got nothing.

Pretty much. I was way overdue for some luck, so whatever it was that changed, I now feel a little better about how much I have put into the game.

Zeus
11-21-2014, 05:37 PM
i sometimes get 2 or 3 grands on one character, but then nothing on the next 3 alts. It is just by chance, but congrats on getting lucky for winds. Perfecting with those is an expensive endeavour, at least for the other 99.85% of the players ;)

Do you think the rate for wind gems is raised? Gothical also went with my recommended build and she was able to gem in 20 gems or less too.

I normally spend 50-60.

Serancha
11-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Sorry. I was editing my last post and you beat me ^

I know there was a glitch in the skulls when they first came out where the rate was extremely high (this was fixed).

Edit: 3 in 11 tries sounds like a similar bug.

Psychologist
11-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Thought about the same. I also spend around 40 gems until I get 1-2 grand gems. After upgrading a mythic helmet; I've had 2 grand gems in about 15 tries.

Serancha
11-21-2014, 05:42 PM
What kind of gems?

Psychologist
11-21-2014, 05:51 PM
What kind of gems?

Fire gems.

Iahwahska
11-21-2014, 06:08 PM
I've had a lot lately on fire, glacial and blood gems since about Halloween .

Psychologist
11-21-2014, 06:10 PM
I've had a lot lately on fire, glacial and blood gems since about Halloween .

Since the update on Halloween event? Kind of the same: I hope we get to know what's up. :)

If there's something up, of course.

Iahwahska
11-21-2014, 06:21 PM
Yeah just after Halloween I bought one of those event amulets and got one on my first try and the second shortly after prompting me to gem more stuff. Also I've been leveling a Warrior and have been consistently getting 2-4 grands every time I get a new gear set for him.

Lidless
11-21-2014, 06:36 PM
I have failed upgrading about 50 blood gems in a row. You all suck -.-

Psychologist
11-21-2014, 06:42 PM
I have failed upgrading about 50 blood gems in a row. You all suck -.-

Aw peak man..

Iahwahska
11-21-2014, 07:00 PM
Hey I got 1 the whole time I was leveling my first toon so I can sympathize.

Raregem
11-21-2014, 09:22 PM
I've been gemming 5 items round the clock for a week and have not got one grand gem. I think it's just luck.

Psychologist
11-21-2014, 09:41 PM
I've been gemming 5 items round the clock for a week and have not got one grand gem. I think it's just luck.

Or just proper written loot tables and not randomness.

Ninjasmurf
11-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Why is this a bad thing? Not everyone is rich in plat and gold guys. Let the average players get something for once.

bonechillbone
11-21-2014, 11:42 PM
From +9 str Bonesaw LvL 41

to +18 str Bonesaw lvl 41

no use plat made perfect after 48 hours

Arrowz
11-21-2014, 11:42 PM
I think they lowered rates. I used to get one grand every 15-20 tries, since double grand gem weekend though i havent gotten a single grand. Ive spent over 250k on fire gems with 0 grands. Thats atleast 75 upgrades with nothing to show for it. At this point just screw it, no point wasting more gold

Valkiryas
11-22-2014, 12:43 AM
Well my rate is still the same, just change small things worst and worts

Dex Scene
11-22-2014, 01:00 AM
You have been lucky! I haven't gotten any grand in ages

Izho
11-22-2014, 01:06 AM
There is a difference between theory and experiment. There have been people who have had a grand gem on their first try and also a grand gem on their 74th try.

And 11 tests isnt much to accurately hypothesize a change in the theory (programed occurance rate for a grand gem).

- Izho

Dex Scene
11-22-2014, 01:28 AM
You are lucky.
I upgrade 3 items on my main toon everyday. Haven't gotten grand since ages.
But a month ago I tried helping my friend with making his elon bow perfect. Got grand gem in 2nd try!

Dex Scene
11-22-2014, 01:28 AM
You have been lucky! I haven't gotten any grand in ages
Dang!! Tapatalk been acting up. Said the post was failed! Now it is posted

Zeus
11-22-2014, 01:38 AM
There is a difference between theory and experiment. There have been people who have had a grand gem on their first try and also a grand gem on their 74th try.

And 11 tests isnt much to accurately hypothesize a change in the theory (programed occurance rate for a grand gem).

- Izho

Of course not...so I gemmed another item with only 19 tarlok winds used.

Kingofninjas
11-22-2014, 03:24 AM
Meh. I've been trying to gem my necro amulet since Halloween event with nothing to show for it. I tried fire and skull gems but no supers yet. I'm ready to just quit gemming my own gear.

Ssneakykills
11-22-2014, 04:14 AM
I haven't had much luck gemming my gear personally after Halloween event so maybe you just had a stroke of luck

Madnex
11-22-2014, 04:43 AM
It's luck and it isn't.

It's not luck because as numerously reported, drops and lock loot have appeared to be significantly higher for a lot of people around the same time/day. Simply, there are times where a large population is looting a lot more of x than y or z and that can be seen in auction for example. So most likely anything "luck" related has time as a variable so technically it's not luck.
Then again there's no chance we'll figure those algorithms out on our own unless we start seriously recording a large number of legit samples and test out different theories etc. So from that perspective, we're clueless so it's truly random for us; hence practically it is luck.

Serancha
11-22-2014, 11:42 AM
It's luck and it isn't.

It's not luck because as numerously reported, drops and lock loot have appeared to be significantly higher for a lot of people around the same time/day. Simply, there are times where a large population is looting a lot more of x than y or z and that can be seen in auction for example. So most likely anything "luck" related has time as a variable so technically it's not luck.
Then again there's no chance we'll figure those algorithms out on our own unless we start seriously recording a large number of legit samples and test out different theories etc. So from that perspective, we're clueless so it's truly random for us; hence practically it is luck.

Well done, Aspy. You managed to say just about nothing in all those words. Some days you amaze me.

It is luck and it isn't.......it's truly random for us; hence practically it is luck.

Wall of LOL right there ;)

Nesox
11-22-2014, 02:39 PM
I am 2 grands in about 300 attempts. The rate is rediculous.

Madnex
11-23-2014, 08:13 AM
Well done, Aspy. You managed to say just about nothing in all those words.
Politician aspirations! :)

Some days you amaze me.
The rest of the days you just don't notice it. :P

Appeltjes
11-23-2014, 02:26 PM
I got a grand first try on planar club of will ^_^

Bezbear
11-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Awesome...especially on Tars. I have nowhere near that rate and am upgrading all the time. Go buy a lottery ticket. ;)

Bezbear
11-24-2014, 05:54 PM

I do think there has been a change in the randomizers they use though. I had only gotten 3 arcanes in 20 months of opening crates, then a couple of weeks back I got 5 in 4 days, in a low number of crates. I know a few others who got reds around that time too, but someone else spent over 3k plat and got nothing.

Pretty much. I was way overdue for some luck, so whatever it was that changed, I now feel a little better about how much I have put into the game.

Same for me a couple of weeks ago 5 within a week or so with a pile of mythic. Since then not even a lep.

gumball3000
11-26-2014, 12:23 PM
Zeus prolly has some gems to sell thats why he made this thread.

twoxc
11-26-2014, 12:36 PM
If you hadn't plat gem in a while that kind of luck does happen. I once plat gem a level 36 mythic dagger way way back for Abbreviate also took like 11-15 tries to get 3 perfect.

Zeus
11-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Zeus prolly has some gems to sell thats why he made this thread.

I have no gems to sell, lol. Gems are chump change - wouldn't merch that.

Visiting
11-26-2014, 01:08 PM
I have no gems to sell, lol. Gems are chump change - wouldn't merch that.

Tarlok gems are merch-worthy...
Also, i keep getting grands on random crap -.-

Zeus
11-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Tarlok gems are merch-worthy...
Also, i keep getting grands on random crap -.-

Not in the current state. Some theories make me wonder if people enter the forums sober or under the influence, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Visiting
11-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Not in the current state. Some theories make me wonder if people enter the forums sober or under the influence, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

If you had bought at 10k or whatever the rate was at Christmas, they'd be merchable, atm I agree Merching would be pointless. And, under the influence of "Lack of Sleep".