PDA

View Full Version : 1.7 Content Update (54531)

asommers
02-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Happy Valentine's Day!

You can now purchase special Valentine's Day items from the Store!
Purchase Big Love from the store, and give out Little Love to anyone that waves at you!

Crafting updates

Lower level crafting components, such as Cloth Fabric, Leather Panels, Chain Sheets, and Plate Panels are now free
Blacksmith NPCs in Forest Haven and Muck Hovel now have dialogue options that take you to the store where you can purchase crafting materials
Increased the drop rate for Leather Scraps on Blacksmith Burkes crafting quest "Lucky Leathers" in Forest Haven.
Added two addional daily crafting quests to Blacksmith Burke in Forest Haven.
Increased the drop rate Forest Haven crafting quest "Obvious Troll".
Boss monsters throughout Forest Haven now drop recipes that can be used at "Burke the Blacksmith's" forge.
You can no longer purchase recipes directly from "Burke the Blacksmith" - these items are now all dropped as loot.
All Forest Haven item recipes looted from boss monsters can now be traded.
Basic and Intermediate Crafting recipes no longer require store components (although finished items still do).
Reduced the cost of crafting components purchased from the Store.
Fixed component requirements for several Level 55 Enchantress weapon recipes.
Refunded Platinum for all crafting components sold that changed price

All characters can now carry two (2) additional Quests in the Quest Log.
You will now get a message whenever you send an invite to a friend
Increased the challenge for The Cockroach boss encounter in the Balefort Sewers dungeon campaign.
Increased the challenge for the Trash Heap boss encounter in the Balefort Sewers dungeon campaign.
Increased the challenge level of the Bandit Queen and King Boss Encounter in Balefort Sewers dungeon campaign.
Fixed error that was causing the Goblin King in the Goblin Stronghold to do a huge amount of damage. He is once again doing the correct amount.
You can no longer purchase the "Crown of Persistence" from the Store. You must earn it... from the Fallen Prince who hides in the Balefort Sewers!

Refunded Platinum for Crown of Persistence to everyone that purchased it from the store

Characters with full inventories can no longer receive gifts, receive items in trade, move items out of stash, or recover items that have been liquidated.
Crowns cannot be traded.
Fixed misspelling of "Gold Fever" appearance message.
Various UI polish fixes
Varius texxt typpos fixxed

Kossi
02-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Happy Valentine's Day!
You can now purchase special Valentine's Day items from the Store!
]

ooooff course.

anyways..yipee

Physiologic
02-09-2011, 06:18 PM
So the recipes for crafted items to craft lv 55 equips are now obtainable through drops? Am I reading this correctly?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/d1nonlik/snap20110208_171947.png

For example, the Fine Leather Panel recipe is now obtainable through Platinum AND a drop?

edit; oh sweet, THEYRE FREE.

Cmandial
02-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Yay now maybe I can craft:)

Cinco
02-09-2011, 06:20 PM
There is no cost for the recipe to make a "Fine Leather Panel" at Burke the Blacksmith's forge.
Likewise, there is no cost to make any intermediate crafting component.

- Cinco

Addicted
02-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Nice. Thanks for listening to everyone about the crafting...

-Addicted

Tsarra
02-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Wow, guys. You listened. I'm speechless, and I will look this all over when I get home. Thank you all again for making this the best game ever. :)

Physiologic
02-09-2011, 06:22 PM
So you guys really don't have revenue in mind...I love you guys. You are the best company to have created a free MMO. DA BEST

Lesrider
02-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Lol. While hearts are not my ideal choice, this is a very cool idea, devs -- almost like droid -- wave and get free vanity helm!

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/64467a88.jpg

Tsarra
02-09-2011, 06:27 PM
*hugs*
/10

Lesrider
02-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Oh wow I just read over everything. You guys really listened to us. Everything down to the bit about the Crown of Persistence. Very impressive update -- what we all had expected 1.7 to be.

Kalielle
02-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Characters with full inventories can no longer... recover items that have been liquidated.

This makes me really nervous. The time when I usually liquidate items in a hurry and I'm most likely to make a mistake is precisely when I suddenly discover at the end of a game that my inventory is full and I'm liquidating to catch up with my party. I understand why the other inventory changes were necessary (as sad as I am to see my mule nerfed... hehe), but any chance we could at least recover deleted items?

And thank you for all the other great changes! Glad to see the crafting system relying less on platinum now. Also really glad about the extra quest slots, it will make daily questing a lot easier.

FluffNStuff
02-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Wow, just wow! Love you guys! Way to fix it! Got so worried there for a minute!

Lesrider
02-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Yay extra quest slots!! For free!!
And the love is spreading throughout PL lol. Too funny.

noobmigo
02-09-2011, 06:39 PM
awesome dawg! What does the Little Love do?

xxteargodxx
02-09-2011, 06:42 PM
How do we get the Little Love? I don't see it in the Valentine Items. All I see is "Big Love" for my Archer..Which I think is pretty expensive at 15 Platinum.

Diodge
02-09-2011, 06:49 PM
This update is just crazy good.
I don't see how you can do it but ...

I think 1.7 has been so much fun.
Im lovein IT ..........your customer care is A+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kossi
02-09-2011, 06:59 PM
is crafting free?? if it is, I LOVES U!

asommers
02-09-2011, 06:59 PM
So you guys really don't have revenue in mind...I love you guys. You are the best company to have created a free MMO. DA BEST

They're called mistakes. We do make 'em.

This makes me really nervous. The time when I usually liquidate items in a hurry and I'm most likely to make a mistake is precisely when I suddenly discover at the end of a game that my inventory is full and I'm liquidating to catch up with my party. I understand why the other inventory changes were necessary (as sad as I am to see my mule nerfed... hehe), but any chance we could at least recover deleted items?

And thank you for all the other great changes! Glad to see the crafting system relying less on platinum now. Also really glad about the extra quest slots, it will make daily questing a lot easier.

Since it's your request, no problem! We'll make it so you can recover liquidated items with a full inventory.

How do we get the Little Love? I don't see it in the Valentine Items. All I see is "Big Love" for my Archer..Which I think is pretty expensive at 15 Platinum.

If you wave at someone wearing Big Love, you get Little Love.

-ALS

Phoenixking
02-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Do only forest haven boss drop recipes? And if they dp do they only drop low level? And... Were do you get hawk eye? And you guys said you can get recipes from Burke if you do missions and I only got one the first one....and do the daily quest the same?

giayuan
02-09-2011, 07:06 PM

graaahh!! We ALREADY bought the plat! their paycheck is payed! they only "gave back"/"refunded" plat for more use in getting.. virtual things ;P
though really, I luv ya devs forever :D
say, is the little love thingy automatic?

Phoenixking
02-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Yes the love thingy automatic you just have to wear it or wave high

icantgetkills
02-09-2011, 07:14 PM
awesome patch guys! thanks so much! just need to fix the stats and looks of the items :L happy valantines day!

Doubletime
02-09-2011, 07:21 PM
The increase difficulty with Cockroach and King & Queen are nice. No longer can you just blindly mash these guys without good tactics. Saw a couple party wipes when the old slash and mash methods were tried. I like the increase challenge. Now tweak the drop rates to reward the new challenge. :)

Still haven't even sniffed a pink in the sewers.

Lesrider
02-09-2011, 07:21 PM
graaahh!! We ALREADY bought the plat! their paycheck is payed! they only "gave back"/"refunded" plat for more use in getting.. virtual things ;P
though really, I luv ya devs forever :D
say, is the little love thingy automatic?

You didn't have to buy it. Seriously, if you rush to buy things the second they come out instead of waiting to see what happens, that's a choice you made. You could have waited to hear more about what you were buying, and wait to hear if they were changing things.

Next time have more patience and don't buy it the second it goes on sale. Impulse buyer?

Kujen
02-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Big love was a great idea. I still hope y'all give out some pink antennae on valentines tho :)

Phoenixking
02-09-2011, 07:44 PM
No one pays attention to jy post!

nbaallamerican
02-09-2011, 07:47 PM
I am sooooo happy with the changes made to crafting :D. Great update devs!!! Now I can get me a nice lvl 5 twink armor :)

Kalielle
02-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Since it's your request, no problem! We'll make it so you can recover liquidated items with a full inventory.

Omg! Thank you so much, you rock!!!

Also, I am so putting that in my sig! :o

drewcapu
02-09-2011, 08:14 PM
epic update.

not quite sure how i feel about mules being discontinued tho

:D

Dizzy
02-09-2011, 08:16 PM
The Big Love thing is hilariously awesome! I'm having so much fun going around and giving people Little Love. hehe

Fyrce
02-10-2011, 01:13 AM
OMG, a few of my characters have WAY too much stuff. LOL. Um, what's the max number of inventory slots one can buy? Though I'm not sure that'll be enough. Man, that's just hilarious.

Zeus
02-10-2011, 01:36 AM
OMG, a few of my characters have WAY too much stuff. LOL. Um, what's the max number of inventory slots one can buy? Though I'm not sure that'll be enough. Man, that's just hilarious.

250 per character.

Riccits
02-10-2011, 02:15 AM
awww... my useless mule is useless now.. ;(((

recklessfa
02-10-2011, 03:15 AM
We had it coming with our big mouth Riccits ;)

Hope stash improvements will follow

Great update, thx for the quests
And a +1 to Doubletime since i share his distress or bad luck.

The increase difficulty with Cockroach and King & Queen are nice. (...) Now tweak the drop rates to reward the new challenge. :)
Still haven't even sniffed a pink in the sewers.

will keep trying though.

superglut2
02-10-2011, 03:26 AM
Please increase item limit to 500 now.. 250 not enough

Ayrilana
02-10-2011, 03:34 AM
Please increase item limit to 500 now.. 250 not enough

Ever seen the show Hoarders? If not, you should probably take a look at it. :p

Riccits
02-10-2011, 03:57 AM
We had it coming with our big mouth Riccits ;)

Hope stash improvements will follow

Great update, thx for the quests
And a +1 to Doubletime since i share his distress or bad luck.

will keep trying though.

yep LOL!

but for the rest all my problems i had was solved :)

updates beeing better and better :)

Fyrce
02-10-2011, 04:10 AM
Ok, 250 is NOT enough! Um, 500 is not enough :P Um, maybe 1000 slots for two of my chars (yeah, yeah, hoarder :P ) and even then, I'm gonna have to do spring cleaning. Oh my, it's almost spring!

What's max for stash? If that's 250 also, I'm doomed :P At least I sort of just cleaned out stash. LOL.

Awww... Valentine plat weapons don't shoot hearts or slash hearts (instead of stars).
Boohooo!

And more 1H weapons to go with the shields would be nice.

Love the extra quest slots.

cynic
02-10-2011, 10:38 AM
1 word great!!!!
This game is getting better and better and the devs really listen to the fans and gamers, again u guys r the best :)

drewcapu
02-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Ok, 250 is NOT enough! Um, 500 is not enough :P Um, maybe 1000 slots for two of my chars (yeah, yeah, hoarder :P ) and even then, I'm gonna have to do spring cleaning. Oh my, it's almost spring!

What's max for stash? If that's 250 also, I'm doomed :P At least I sort of just cleaned out stash. LOL.

Yeah, I was wondering what the stash limit was also. It's probably be some form of (n * 75) + 5 = limit. But I don't think I'll go more than the one upgrade I currently have until I see what solutions we end up with to replace mules.

I made another mule specifically for sewers / crafting stuff before the update. I guess I'll just have to be smarter about what I actually keep now that my 3 mules are basically frozen. Funny thing is, 1 of my mules has 250 inventory slots because I found out about the mule concept a bit later in my collection :D

Even if you could stash a couple thousand items, it still probably wouldn't serve my purposes quite right without sorting, etc. I like the idea in suggestions about having stash tabs and whatnot like character inventories have. But that still might not be enough. What was nice about mules is that you could preview items also.

Riccits
02-10-2011, 10:43 AM
can anyone tell more about this??

•You can no longer purchase the "Crown of Persistence" from the Store. You must earn it... from the Fallen Prince who hides in the Balefort Sewers!

thought we get it when reaching lvl 56..? and who and where is the Fallen Prince..?

monkeynthesky
02-10-2011, 11:05 AM
hey guys Asulaa here im giving away a little love in forest have. cya there

Lesrider
02-10-2011, 11:09 AM

•You can no longer purchase the "Crown of Persistence" from the Store. You must earn it... from the Fallen Prince who hides in the Balefort Sewers!

thought we get it when reaching lvl 56..? and who and where is the Fallen Prince..?

Cinco said you get it from a quest now instead :) and that there's also a way to craft it to make a better one.

drewcapu
02-10-2011, 11:15 AM

In towne, turn left.
He's by da bird.

Pretty bad job hiding. He could've at least gone into a tent.

Maybe that's why he fell.

Fyrce
02-10-2011, 03:50 PM
LOL. Tons of stuff to do now and I'm not close to keeping up with the daily quests.

And time to do that spring cleaning. I'm probably keeping way too much stuff that's easy to repop or not even use or just buy in stores when I need it.
Not sure I've EVER cleaned a mule. Oh, joy :P

But really, devs, we like stuff! Please please have more basic item storage. Pretty please?