PDA

View Full Version : One Hit Kill Dang.

Prahasit Prahi
11-22-2014, 08:54 AM
I don't understand this one hit kills lmao...I used 50 anks for first boss still didn't kill him..what about 2nd and 3rd?

Seriously there should be a explanation about this from STS.
Why did they make like this?

If you want to make elite maps make them big and increase health of boss but what this one hit for?

Just clear me one thing
For that one hit a Arcane Warrior,Mythic Rogue and Legendary sorcerer everyone is dead...then what the matter to buy good gear and pets?

Answer that question for me STS.

cjswogkstkdg
11-22-2014, 09:00 AM
$$$$$$

obee
11-22-2014, 09:05 AM
I have to use 5 ankh respawn on the first one because the fireballs one hit me Everytime I repsawn with 1

Madnex
11-22-2014, 09:33 AM
Stop sucking? Lol, joking but yeah, even legendary players run T1. You need to keep distance and stun the boss when he tries to setup the fireball turret crystal.

Sir Lubo Penev
11-22-2014, 09:47 AM
I'll share my experience here. Speaking from an average guy's perspective. I usually do this in a [1 warrior, 2 rogues, 1 mage] or a [1 warrior, 3 rogues] group.

For boss 1 I do believe now - as someone already suggested - that you don't need any stun pets. As long as you do enough damage during his preparation ritual (you know, when big red circle appears and he starts making those rings), he gets "stunned" and doesn't erect a lava fountain (or whatever that thingy is called). However, this is a bit risky with average geared groups, especially if someone lags, disconnects or dies. That's why we usually use one stun pet (Kelvin/George) as precaution.

The first important thing is to have a tank who can: a) stay alive, and b) hold aggro. Rogues alternating veil usually helps with the first part.

The second important thing is to time the stun right. It's the tank who must use Kelvin/George. No need for multiple stun pets as long as your tank knows what he/she is doing. Chances are you won't need the stun at all, but still.

The third important thing is that everyone knows the strategy and doesn't do useless stuff during boss preparation ritual. Like wasting time repositioning, casting veils and stuff like that.

You need some practice of course, but once you've mastered this, you'll see your ankh usage significantly drop in tomb 1. I already managed a few deathless runs (plus some 1-2-3 ankh runs) with fairly average groups. E.g.: 2 expe bow rogues, expe rifle mage, bulwark tank. Rogues and mages use Blinky - I am not sure why, but it's something some guy I ran with suggested. Probably has something to do with the ammount of damage Blinky does.

Prahasit Prahi
11-22-2014, 10:25 AM
I'll never stop I'll try again and again.

Taking it as a challenge.

Commanderkeen
11-22-2014, 10:29 AM
If a boss does have a one hit kill there should be a aoe for it and enough time to dodge that attack.

Ebezaanec
11-22-2014, 12:48 PM
Yep, read Shiny's post ^^

scychogost
11-22-2014, 02:16 PM
for tomb 1 ive spent 17 ankhs ( as a mage ) wich i think is a lot of ankhs if u think it is Only One run
my party was a good one ( 2 full mythic and 2 half ) and we knew the strategies.
My problem was the 2nd boss... god... i spent about 140 ankhs to kill that dmn boss ! wth ! My party was a GOOD one and it took 1:20 hour to finish... seriously ill never go in that tomb again, this is a plat sink .

InternetExplorer
11-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Please keep in mind that the Planar Tombs can be considered the hardest content in the game. It is not for the faint of heart!

That being said, if you have a heart problem ( medically ) dont even try going in there.. It will make your heart problems worst. ( ankh revives and disconnection issues )

Arpluvial
11-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Hey guys!

I have cleaned up this thread a bit. We definitely want to hear your feedback, both positive and negative, but let's make sure to keep it constructive. :)

mlb2005
11-22-2014, 10:02 PM
I don't understand this one hit kills lmao...I used 50 anks for first boss still didn't kill him..what about 2nd and 3rd?

If you want to make elite maps make them big and increase health of boss but what this one hit for?

Just clear me one thing
For that one hit a Arcane Warrior,Mythic Rogue and Legendary sorcerer everyone is dead...then what the matter to buy good gear and pets?

Its easy to see why. I believe this type of content will only hurt the number of players in the game. I havent seen one person say they were having a blast getting one hit and reviving in the tombs.

What skill does it take to get smacked down and hit revive? None. What's the point of playing? I love elite tind maps and how I know there is a chance a snake will one hit crit me when I move in to clock or if dont get out of the way of red zone from boss im toast. Makes that exciting but this new stuff is overkill in my opinion. Anyone can hit revive 50 times.

Your average player can't afford the gold for endless ankhs when they are buying pots and saving up for weapons and armors. If they aren't having fun and leave what's left? Whales standing in town wondering why the game they devoted so much time and funds into is dead.

This is just my opinion of what could happen and maybe it won't hurt a thing if the game progresses in this way. I really enjoy this game and believe it to be a true gem among mobile games. Hate to see it go down the tubes.

Shimada
11-23-2014, 02:27 AM
I played tombs 1 today for the first time since Thursday's update and I was surprised how easy it has gotten after the nerf. It's boring it's so easy. You guys should work on your skill instead of slinging mud at sts. I explained how to kill first boss already. Ferrix is now a boss that's over year old and you're complaining about his difficulty as well. He is also simple...stay out of pools and kite at his back...not that difficult. I've only done boss 3 once so I don't know. But seriously, these anti sts threads and comments are freakin getting old.

Hit me an advice on 3rd boss Got 52 deaths yesterday using my rouge. Any advice is deeply appreciated.

Shimada
11-23-2014, 02:30 AM

Just clear me one thing

First and second boss is quite easy after the update. We managed to beat the boss with 2 rouge, 1 mage and 1 tank. As I remember we used all kelvins in first boss and use our best pet in second boss.

GuardianTwo
11-23-2014, 02:35 AM
First and second boss is quite easy after the update. We managed to beat the boss with 2 rouge, 1 mage and 1 tank. As I remember we used all kelvins in first boss and use our best pet in second boss.

I know how to do first boss easy just needs proper timing... But how can we kill 2nd boss easy.. hint is appreciated! (Although I have only played it before that update and not after yet :3 )

Shimada
11-23-2014, 02:43 AM
I know how to do first boss easy just needs proper timing... But how can we kill 2nd boss easy.. hint is appreciated! (Although I have only played it before that update and not after yet :3 )

Second boss is in undiem fields. So you need to be in statue for those mobs that have the shield. My rouge use bow(expedition recurve potency) and one rouge also use bow. Mage use gun(expedition rifle will do) and the tank uses bulwark. Kiting is the best way for rouge and mages. I used Grim for it. Avoid the poison thingy and use elixers like speed,damage bonus and damage reduction if u can.

Xorrior
11-23-2014, 04:58 AM
I played a very well known MMO recently, I uninstalled it, as it was mostly solo with multiplayer facet added on as a sideline. Anyhoo, the bosses where huge and creative, they teased and taunted you, I was like Whoa, I'm gonna be murdered in 10 seconds or buy a lot of health potions (thinking AL bosses). But NO, I smashed through four bosses on solo mode using strategy, skill and kiting, as a battleworn warrior (tank), only using potions when I was in a sticky situation, also the potions had a timer where after some hours you get one free! One potion gives you full energy. I was told by experience players only use potions on bosses.

The bosses where not one-hit-killaz, as a matter of fact a mage (weak toon) got killed in two shots after fighting end game boss and he started to complain on forum LOL. I was like you're spoilt, a fully geared tank with maxed out armour and health gets killed in one shot by a boss and/or mob in AL!

I really enjoyed playing that game and fighting those bosses, if it where a complete MMO I would've stuck to it like glue. It gave me three free chests to open bronze, silver, gold. I opened all three and on the gold one I looted an arcane equivalent gear - Griffin Armour O.O, and you can open the bronze chest for free every 24 hours, all decent loot - charms to upgrade your weapon and gears.

Just food for thought STS.

On another note, allowing the NPC to give out ankhs was a brilliant decision!

InternetExplorer
11-23-2014, 06:25 AM
I played tombs 1 today for the first time since Thursday's update and I was surprised how easy it has gotten after the nerf. It's boring it's so easy. You guys should work on your skill instead of slinging mud at sts. I explained how to kill first boss already. Ferrix is now a boss that's over year old and you're complaining about his difficulty as well. He is also simple...stay out of pools and kite at his back...not that difficult. I've only done boss 3 once so I don't know. But seriously, these anti sts threads and comments are freakin getting old.

but not all players are like you shiny, :) some dont think about the red zones and just stand in there to hit and hit and hit, without thinking that the boss can 1 hit them. I have played a lot of games but this is the only game that i have played that a boss can constantly 1 hit every maxed higher tier geared player in game. getting killed more than 10 times per boss ( for an average player ) does hurt financially in game and the rewards are not worth the effort in the end. Sure the bosses can be killed with proper tactics and strategy but still each player has average death ( one hit death ) per boss specially tomb 2 and 3.

Sir Lubo Penev
11-23-2014, 08:25 AM
For second boss I use Ribbit.

As for the third boss - I killed him once and don't see any point in doing it again, besides helping a guildie/friend get the ap. Most people I know think the same.

mlb2005
11-23-2014, 11:41 AM
but not all players are like you shiny, :) some dont think about the red zones and just stand in there to hit and hit and hit, without thinking that the boss can 1 hit them. I have played a lot of games but this is the only game that i have played that a boss can constantly 1 hit every maxed higher tier geared player in game. getting killed more than 10 times per boss ( for an average player ) does hurt financially in game and the rewards are not worth the effort in the end. Sure the bosses can be killed with proper tactics and strategy but still each player has average death ( one hit death ) per boss specially tomb 2 and 3.

Red zone would be fine but these bosses just kill you in one shot without a red zone. Its everytime they hit you and if the team doesn't ankh good luck taking it down.

Pedgon
11-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Hey guys!

I have cleaned up this thread a bit. We definitely want to hear your feedback, both positive and negative, but let's make sure to keep it constructive. :)

Oh censorship..inconvenient truth and this is always the best thing to do, right?? Really sad...-.-

(I'm sure this one will be deleted too!)

Fran Mac
11-23-2014, 02:35 PM
well it seems strange that a few peple say its so easy to kill them and then u play and u just cant kill it, maybe they want the game to be played for a minority in the future, for me (an average player) its just too hard with good gear and good pets. no fun except in events (where everybody can play and really earn something), nothing last forever and this game wont be an exception,when they realise it people is already playin other games.

mlb2005
11-23-2014, 02:58 PM
well it seems strange that a few peple say its so easy to kill them and then u play and u just cant kill it, maybe they want the game to be played for a minority in the future, for me (an average player) its just too hard with good gear and good pets. no fun except in events (where everybody can play and really earn something), nothing last forever and this game wont be an exception,when they realise it people is already playin other games.

For people that have tons of gold already this type of content helps keep that advantage since they are the ones that can farm for the gear. What about content for other players is my concern.

A lot of people are max level but most don't have great gear and loads of gold to dump. This content is a huge let down for the average player in my opinion. No average players no game.

Fran Mac
11-23-2014, 03:15 PM
i love the game and i will continue playing of course, but its a game that looks like real life, there is a bigger gap between rich and poor whenever something new appears :) but u can open one loc and get a samuel, like the poor can buy a lottery ticket and win it :D

Remiem
11-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for your feedback on this issue. 1-hits can be incredibly frustrating, especially in those last few critical moments of a battle! The challenge we face with new content is how to make it more challenging, require more strategy, and all around top the content before it. So that you're not battling through, say, Brackenridge every new expansion.

However, we do know that the balance could use some improvement. Our design team has been discussing different ways of incorporating more complex and strategic mechanics in mob and boss fights, and less red zones and one hits.

I can't speak as to when you'll see this go into effect, but do know that we hear you and are definitely taking this feedback into consideration as we move forward with new stuff.

Valkiryas
11-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for your feedback on this issue. 1-hits can be incredibly frustrating, especially in those last few critical moments of a battle! The challenge we face with new content is how to make it more challenging, require more strategy, and all around top the content before it. So that you're not battling through, say, Brackenridge every new expansion.

However, we do know that the balance could use some improvement. Our design team has been discussing different ways of incorporating more complex and strategic mechanics in mob and boss fights, and less red zones and one hits.

I can't speak as to when you'll see this go into effect, but do know that we hear you and are definitely taking this feedback into consideration as we move forward with new stuff.

Maybe zones with "Rocks" or Walls were you need to hide or Special zones to activate IDK for hurt the boss, Yes a Boss should be Hard but what's the strategy?! Hide Behind a Tank?!

NO, should be some in group, were you can Interact in diferent way not always the same ( Tank taunt the boss and rogues throw arros like mad )

Just an Idea.