PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Armours

SacredKnight
11-22-2014, 10:33 PM
Hey wouldn't it be cool if our Armours, e.g. Mythic Armour could be a vanity? Now when I say this I don't mean we convert it or it's sold in a store, I mean that we can literally wear it as a vanity straight from our inventories.

How it works:
Any armour can be selected and then switched to "Vanity Mode" where it becomes a wear able vanity that provides no stat bonuses, it can just as easily be remade into an armour with the original bonuses. The item is still tradeable/sellable but once traded or sold (As in it is in someone else's inventory) it becomes normal again and no longer wearable as a vanity till it's "Vanitized" once more.

Possible ideas, players pay a small 50000 gold fee for this addition to any armor item (Gold sink).

Thanks for reading!

Raselph
11-22-2014, 10:49 PM
Hey wouldn't it be cool if our Armours, e.g. Mythic Armour could be a vanity? Now when I say this I don't mean we convert it or it's sold in a store, I mean that we can literally wear it as a vanity straight from our inventories.

How it works:
Any armour can be selected and then switched to "Vanity Mode" where it becomes a wear able vanity that provides no stat bonuses, it can just as easily be remade into an armour with the original bonuses. The item cannot be sold in vanity mode even though if it was the difference would be nil.

Possible ideas, players pay a small 50000 gold fee for this addition to any armor item (Gold sink).

Thanks for reading!

reduce the price a little bit...must be affordable to most ppl...nice idea BTW

SacredKnight
11-23-2014, 02:58 AM
reduce the price a little bit...must be affordable to most ppl...nice idea BTW

Thanks! Also the price would be that high to act as a sufficient gold sink, there wouldn't be any platinum alternative.

Wutzgood
11-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Love the idea but i agree 50k is too much. The cost to convert all my armor sets would be insane.

A gold sink is no longer necessary with tombs costing so much in ankh kits right now. Plus noone has gold to buy stuff as anyone trying to sell anything sees now. Only place worth farming costs a fortune in ankh kits to finish.

SacredKnight
11-23-2014, 10:57 PM
Love the idea but i agree 50k is too much. The cost to convert all my armor sets would be insane.

A gold sink is no longer necessary with tombs costing so much in ankh kits right now. Plus noone has gold to buy stuff as anyone trying to sell anything sees now. Only place worth farming costs a fortune in ankh kits to finish.

Hahaha, yeah...

Caabatric
11-23-2014, 11:18 PM
I imagine Ravergerx walking in a pvp room with a smelly helm on =)
great idea btw

SacredKnight
11-24-2014, 02:24 AM
I imagine Ravergerx walking in a pvp room with a smelly helm on =)
great idea btw

Thanks, lol @ Smelly Helm :3

Froxanthar
11-24-2014, 09:20 AM
+1
common items for warrior looks cool.

epicrrr
11-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Vanity mode should only made to last for 12 hours or so then you have to pay gold or another 12 hours, and yes the idea is great common gear for vanities! why the heck not :)

ZoAngelo
11-24-2014, 01:25 PM
nice idea ^^like^^

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I8160 met Tapatalk

Appeltjes
11-24-2014, 07:14 PM

How are ankhs a gold sink?

Caabatric
11-24-2014, 08:11 PM
How are ankhs a gold sink?

Plat sink...
plat spend on locks normally gold but now wont be spent on locks therefore less money is coming in the system through locks or conversion fomr plat to gold. Not a sink, but a control method on the amount of gold entering the economy. (well that's how i see it)

SacredKnight
11-24-2014, 10:38 PM
Plat sink...
plat spend on locks normally gold but now wont be spent on locks therefore less money is coming in the system through locks or conversion fomr plat to gold. Not a sink, but a control method on the amount of gold entering the economy. (well that's how i see it)

I understand what you mean but your theory is a little off :3

Caabatric
11-25-2014, 12:10 AM
I understand what you mean but your theory is a little off :3
explain pls i dont normally dive into this economy business other than supply and demand :3

CheifR
11-25-2014, 12:21 AM
Are ankhs really a gold sink or are they just transferring the gold to another player to again be distributed throughout Arlor? 50k works....

CheifR
11-25-2014, 12:23 AM
Plat sink...
BTW people who open locks THAT often on a regular basis are still gonna carry on doing so because they have the IRL money to do so....

Caabatric
11-25-2014, 12:35 AM
BTW people who open locks THAT often on a regular basis are still gonna carry on doing so because they have the IRL money to do so....
But much less is my argument
many of these player will think twice about betting on random odds with locks and more head towards conserving plats for ankhs which will be needed to participate in the new tombs for better gear. i doubt they will wait for these to overflow market and try busting locks or converting plat to get the money req to buy these items cause by the time they do better gear will be released.
For example a player that used to open 20 locks a week might cut back to 10 a week and the rest going into ankhs.
Assuming that the player is getting 6k per lock, now 60k less is entering the market per week, an effective market stability plan imo.

And yes i am missing many commas...

SacredKnight
11-27-2014, 12:24 AM
But much less is my argument
many of these player will think twice about betting on random odds with locks and more head towards conserving plats for ankhs which will be needed to participate in the new tombs for better gear. i doubt they will wait for these to overflow market and try busting locks or converting plat to get the money req to buy these items cause by the time they do better gear will be released.
For example a player that used to open 20 locks a week might cut back to 10 a week and the rest going into ankhs.
Assuming that the player is getting 6k per lock, now 60k less is entering the market per week, an effective market stability plan imo.

And yes i am missing many commas...

Look, this ^^^^ is far from the origins of the thread.

I honestly have no need or want to continue this :P

Hail
11-27-2014, 01:20 AM
I brought this idea up almost two months ago however I would love to see it implemented.

Caabatric
11-27-2014, 01:25 AM
Look, this ^^^^ is far from the origins of the thread.

I honestly have no need or want to continue this :P

0.0 oops my bad :(
just a quick question would the "vanitized" item be tradeable as a vanity???
Im not quite understanding the whole loses its effects part of this

Raselph
11-28-2014, 04:47 AM
0.0 oops my bad :(
just a quick question would the "vanitized" item be tradeable as a vanity???
Im not quite understanding the whole loses its effects part of this

no lol, it wont be tradeable, just a gold sink suggestion thats it

SacredKnight
11-29-2014, 02:44 PM
no lol, it wont be tradeable, just a gold sink suggestion thats it

Ok, so a "Vanitized" armour will still be trade able. However once traded it will become "Unvanitized" in the sense that it can no longer be used as a vanity and only as an armour.

Caabatric
11-29-2014, 09:31 PM
Ok, so a "Vanitized" armour will still be trade able. However once traded it will become "Unvanitized" in the sense that it can no longer be used as a vanity and only as an armour.
oh thats interesting..
thing is you wold have to be able to see stats of the "vanitized" armor when trading.

SacredKnight
11-29-2014, 09:44 PM
oh thats interesting..
thing is you wold have to be able to see stats of the "vanitized" armor when trading.

In trade it would appear as normal, only in the inventory the armour item will have a symbol in the top right with the vanity armour symbol. It will also have instead of just "Equip", "Equip as Vanity" and it will be on in the vanity armour section so you're free to equip other armours.

Caabatric
11-30-2014, 08:44 PM
In trade it would appear as normal, only in the inventory the armour item will have a symbol in the top right with the vanity armour symbol. It will also have instead of just "Equip", "Equip as Vanity" and it will be on in the vanity armour section so you're free to equip other armours.
oh i see

Raselph
12-01-2014, 08:39 AM

im hoping to see a (Vanity)/ or its color in light blue with a V or maybe light blue(cyan) should be ok.

SacredKnight
12-11-2014, 04:48 AM
im hoping to see a (Vanity)/ or its color in light blue with a V or maybe light blue(cyan) should be ok.

The item will have a little logo on it to symbolise its change in the players inventory. No one else should see the change seeing as it instantly becomes "Unvanitized" when it changes accounts/characters.

Raselph
12-11-2014, 06:01 AM
The item will have a little logo on it to symbolise its change in the players inventory. No one else should see the change seeing as it instantly becomes "Unvanitized" when it changes accounts/characters.

well, all that i am worried about is someone will sell his vanitized who's remaining time is around 1-10mins....DUH!

Raleighzsz
12-12-2014, 05:09 AM
nice

Rui
12-16-2014, 10:00 AM
Yeah! I would like that!