PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 50 Vyxnaar

Lesrider
02-09-2011, 10:48 PM
So, Cinco finally spilled it -- lvl 50 Vyxnaar is in the 5th lvl of the shadow caves and his helm is the rarest item in the game.

We just found him -- it's the Shadow Demon and he has a mana shield that does not seem to go down. Took a crazy long time to to kill him. We had no bird, though. We were using the mines to try and take down his shield. It never went down, but we did chip away at him slowly.
Then he dropped a bunch of whites and oranges. I didn't look at what I got, and the only whites in my bag were lvl 25 and I had one orange gemstone dagger. So he either dropped lvl 25 junk or sewer junk.

Anyway, would like to see if anyone else has better luck with him. There is no way you can farm this guy the same way as the original vyx -- maybe when we're lvl 75?

FluffNStuff
02-09-2011, 10:51 PM
So, Cinco finally spilled it -- lvl 50 Vyxnaar is in the 5th lvl of the shadow caves and his helm is the rarest item in the game.

We just found him -- it's the Shadow Demon and he has a mana shield that does not seem to go down. Took a crazy long time to to kill him. We had no bird, though. We were using the mines to try and take down his shield. It never went down, but we did chip away at him slowly.
Then he dropped a bunch of whites and oranges. I didn't look at what I got, and the only whites in my bag were lvl 25 and I had one orange gemstone dagger. So he either dropped lvl 25 junk or sewer junk.

Anyway, would like to see if anyone else has better luck with him. There is no way you can farm this guy the same way as the original vyx -- maybe when we're lvl 75?

It was sweet to finally find him. I should have paid attention to the drop. Definitely gonna be having fun with this Vyx once I hit the cap ... for the next couple caps!

Lesrider
02-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Gah -- so you don't know what he dropped either?
Guess we'll have to try again lol.
I also want to see if he respawns like the other one -- maybe if you clear all the other mobs out, you can just run around in circles? But the "go to town" button might pop up. Hmmm...

Conradin
02-09-2011, 10:56 PM
im game for a fight with ye old vynaxar-

FluffNStuff
02-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Gah -- so you don't know what he dropped either?
Guess we'll have to try again lol.
I also want to see if he respawns like the other one -- maybe if you clear all the other mobs out, you can just run around in circles? But the "go to town" button might pop up. Hmmm...

Gotta spare one mob or boss lol. And yeah, I wish I had looked at what he dropped, so see what loot table.

Lesrider
02-11-2011, 10:30 AM
So no one's looted a helm yet?
I haven't been playing, but is anyone hunting him at all?

Riccits
02-11-2011, 10:33 AM
dude come online and play :)

Yanis
02-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Any idea what the actual name is? It looks like there is new purpose to the Shadow Caves :)

Zerious
02-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Any idea what the actual name is? It looks like there is new purpose to the Shadow Caves :)

Shadow games are gonna open for miles on my ipod screen...

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 01:33 PM
It was called the Shadow Demon. We cleared the map and that was the only Vyxnaar-like enemy we saw. And he took a really long time to kill. Unless someone finds a different one, I'm assuming that was him.

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Les let me know if you're going to go to Shadow Caves for another Vyx hunting run (through PM, I get instant notification by phone if I get PMed).

Anyrra
02-16-2011, 02:16 PM
If anyone wants to do some farming, im in :)

Ayrilana
02-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Les let me know if you're going to go to Shadow Caves for another Vyx hunting run (through PM, I get instant notification by phone if I get PMed).

As in text message? Good to know if we ever end up PVPing!

Physiologic
02-16-2011, 03:45 PM
As in text message? Good to know if we ever end up PVPing!

I don't touch PvP :p I get an e-mail notification on my phone when I get PM'd. Slows down the phone a lot though so yes spamming my inbox would probably kill me in-game.

RedRyder
02-16-2011, 07:59 PM
im down for some vyx farming. pm me as well and ill log in

Lesrider
02-16-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't think hunting down lvl 50 Vyx can really be called "farming." You're not likely to kill more than one or two before giving up ;). Unless I'm completely mistaken and my group didn't even find him.

Baked-Potato
02-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Might have to do this to take a break from FH farming lol.

noobmigo
02-16-2011, 08:22 PM
No way. This is the most exciting thing I've read in about a week!

RedRyder
02-16-2011, 09:14 PM
anyone wanna go for it? remember to pm me or join christinas palringo chat room (pocketlegends is its name. the palringo app is also free) and drop a messege in the chat :)

Yareli
02-16-2011, 09:42 PM
nice :) such a cool looking helm should be a higher level :p

Kalielle
02-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Also a good place to level to 53.

RedRyder
02-16-2011, 10:46 PM
ill be online now afk if anyone feels like taking a stab at it

lUp3
03-09-2011, 10:52 AM
So is it a myth or does it really exist?

Zeus
03-09-2011, 10:56 AM
So is it a myth or does it really exist?

I believe it exists. Pretty sure it does.

hawkei
03-09-2011, 11:45 AM
I think we need an update on the vyxnarr spawn rate.
No one even knows who drops the helm since cinco has never said.
And no one has even got the helm to know

Yanis
03-09-2011, 11:47 AM
I think we need an update on the vyxnarr spawn rate.
No one even knows who drops the helm since cinco has never said.
And no one has even got the helm to know

To me, that is part of the appeal...I hope shadow caves get a makeover at some point so we can have enough people play them. Then we may know. One idea would be to allow good exp to be gained by playing the caves. Certainly makes sense given how much harder they are than sewers.

Lesrider
03-09-2011, 11:52 AM
The one time we hunted Vyxnaar (we think that was him), we got all junk and a bunch of deaths. It's going to take someone with a lot of time, patience, and persistence to get that helm. Perhaps that should be the real Crown of Persistance ;)

Kindread
03-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I love the caves. Anytime I'm sick and tired of BS farming, I hop into the caves and try to find a pro team. Out of all the maps, it's the most challenging and fun. I surprised it's still considered lvl50.

KingFu
03-09-2011, 01:47 PM
It was called the Shadow Demon. We cleared the map and that was the only Vyxnaar-like enemy we saw. And he took a really long time to kill. Unless someone finds a different one, I'm assuming that was him.

Sounds interesting, Cinco spilled this a while ago in the chatbox, and he said that it'd be a shadow vyxnaar, so I was assuming that'd be the name since there already is a shadow demon. He said the level 50 vyx is heaps rare, that the boss spawn is insanely rare, and the helm is even rarer.

Lesrider
03-09-2011, 01:57 PM
I know there was always a shadow demon. But die he always have a mana shield and take a crazy long time to kill?

hawkei
03-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Sounds interesting, Cinco spilled this a while ago in the chatbox, and he said that it'd be a shadow vyxnaar, so I was assuming that'd be the name since there already is a shadow demon. He said the level 50 vyx is heaps rare, that the boss spawn is insanely rare, and the helm is even rarer.

So I'm guess after all these runs no one has even seen the spawn. Anyone think we cam rush caves just like bale fort for vyxnarr?

Lesrider
03-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Cinco did say he's on lvl 5 of the caves, so at least we know that.

KingFu
03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
So I'm guess after all these runs no one has even seen the spawn. Anyone think we cam rush caves just like bale fort for vyxnarr?

Cinco said he's on stage 5 of the map, and he also said after the map is cleared it'll have a chance at the very very very rare spawn, so no, you cant rush it.

Zerious
03-09-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm up for any good expeditions for the drop. Anyone planning on this?

adwin
03-09-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm up as well, I rarely found any good pub teams on shadow, and my private friends don't seem to be online at the same time.
Will log in in a few, but need to sell my scarabs for gold -> pots.

btw, question to the OP: what was the composition of your party at that time?

aluxuryhoggy
03-09-2011, 08:44 PM
i would love to try and farm with any of you? maybe be the first to get it? :p

Tengotengo
03-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Hey Adwin, gimme a tell on any of my characters, and I'll drop what I'm doing and come running.

adwin
03-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Looks like someone got one today. He was selling it in Balefort.

hawkei
03-10-2011, 10:24 PM

dont lie to me... r u serious?

Lesrider
03-10-2011, 10:31 PM

Screen cap!!!!!

Yanis
03-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Did u actually see it? What name did he use for it?

Coltona
03-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Man i wish i had my ipod i seriously want to farm shadow caves now!!!
This thread is the first ever to get my heart rate up, reminds me when the caves first came out the last night before the devs nerfed it vyxnaar spawned for us and i pretty much soloed (thanks to elixirs) and got sentinel armor but i've never seen him again.

Coltona
03-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Uh oh Yanis is here we'll all know what it looks like soon. Lol

Physiologic
03-10-2011, 11:14 PM

SS or it didn't happen!

MITSUISUN
03-10-2011, 11:54 PM
lets do this :p

adwin
03-11-2011, 03:23 AM
Well, I'm neither sceptic nor believer atm.
Couldn't be bothered with asking him to show (so no ss), but he was advertising it in Balefort. Why would he be, if he didn't get it? ;]

In any case, I've been for a few runs today. As usual, a ton of white drops, and a substantial waste of gold.

BeardedBear
03-11-2011, 08:25 AM
I see plenty of people advertising things they don't have.

Rusalio
04-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Hehehe, I guess I got to stop trying to sell it then....

hawkei
04-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Hehehe, I guess I got to stop trying to sell it then....

selling what?

giayuan
04-01-2011, 02:26 AM
selling what?

hes joking, but he means stop trying to sell the lvl50 vyx ;D

Rusalio
04-01-2011, 03:10 AM
Absolutely

LADYHADASSA
04-01-2011, 05:06 AM
Interesting.... The shadow demon has been in the shadow cave since release, Is there a conformation that this is the shadow vex, or are these guesses?

When did Cinco reveal this? I looked up his posts and did not find anything.

Alright enough questions from me for now lol

LADYHADASSA
04-01-2011, 05:08 AM
Let me clarify my groggy wording lol, is there a confirmaion that the shadow demon is vexnar?

Sorry all just waking with cup of coffee number one lol

Lesrider
04-01-2011, 06:25 AM
Nope, no confirmation yet that that was him. But we saw no other vyx-like character there and no one else has come forward with other information.
Also, did the Shadow Demon always have a mana shield?

BeardedBear
04-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Nope, no confirmation yet that that was him. But we saw no other vyx-like character there and no one else has come forward with other information.
Also, did the Shadow Demon always have a mana shield?

Yeah, he always had the shield.

If this helm really does exist, I'm surprised no one have found it yet, or fumbled across it.

Lesrider
04-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Yeah, he always had the shield.

If this helm really does exist, I'm surprised no one have found it yet, or fumbled across it.

Well, Cinco said he's found in the 5th lvl of shadow caves. If he spawns rarely, not sure how many people would encounter him, since so few people are in the caves to begin with.

There's also the slim chance that Cinco was lying again ;)

LADYHADASSA
04-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Yes the shield has been there from start, or at least after the first shadow update when all the bosses where tuned up.

I must agree shadow caves are the most challanging map in pl,

Yanis
04-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Well, Cinco said he's found in the 5th lvl of shadow caves. If he spawns rarely, not sure how many people would encounter him, since so few people are in the caves to begin with.

There's also the slim chance that Cinco was lying again ;)

Today is a strange day to be discussing whether anything is real or a fabrication... That said, I agree with Lesrider that the compounding effect of low chance of spawn times low drop rate times few games could explain why no one has come across it yet.