PDA

View Full Version : Raid Roach Stats

Cmandial
02-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Just a few observations regarding the stats on this new Raid Roach pinks in comparison to the other new pinks and AO3/Shadow cave sets.

Helmet:
Only has 11 armor in comparison to the 23 offered by Sentinal Helmet of Death and the 21 that void gives.

Weapons:
Could use some H/S and M/S, but other than that good.

Armor:
At 43 armor (level 51) the Raid Roach armor falls short of Death armor's 44 armor. I also notice that Mega Mage armor is significantly higher (51) at level 51. In the past, dexterity equip has always offered more defense than intelligence equipement. I'm not sure if this is a bug that needs to be fixed or what.

Shield/Wing:
Same problem as the armor. The Raid Roach wing is overshadowed by previous equipment as well as the new intelligence equipment (armor wise).

As a whole I think all of the new dexterity pinks could use some H/S and M/S, and the same thing applies to the stretch gear's lack of M/S and the intelligence gear lack of H/S. Thoughts???

giayuan
02-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Idk about it, but after some comparing with my ao3 gear, I dont think ill be using new gear :-/

Assbug
02-09-2011, 11:49 PM
anyone know if there is a set bonus?

Militaryman
02-09-2011, 11:50 PM
I doubt anyone has enough money to buy all that...

Assbug
02-09-2011, 11:53 PM
i do if someone would just sell it to me!

Militaryman
02-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Good luck with that

rku
02-10-2011, 12:07 AM
the first thing I noticed was that each piece gives a whopping 10% crit. that's 30-40% depending on what weapon you use. With focus up and a pure dex build you might be >90% crit. pretty sweet

Assbug
02-10-2011, 12:15 AM
crit and dmg is getting so high it only makes sense to gimp armor

Cmandial
02-10-2011, 01:42 AM
I'm just curious as to why intelligence has more armor then Dex. Doesn't seem right

RedRyder
02-10-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm just curious as to why intelligence has more armor then Dex. Doesn't seem right

Don't you think its about time that int get some attention? This is probably to make the support roles less squishy so they can stay alive to keep everyone else alive

Cmandial
02-10-2011, 06:59 AM
I understand that the int roles can be a bit squishy, but that is why they have skills that boost their armor as well as heal. Dexterity has always had mpr defense than intelligence, and it does not make sense that the Devs would suddenly change it only for the new pinks. If they were planning on doing something like this then their should have been a complete rebalance of stats for equipement. And don't get me wrong, while my bird is my favorite, I love playing my Int mage so I'm not (completely) bias.

BigNick
02-10-2011, 07:17 AM
actually, i read something about the devs slowly trying to balance out the different classes with new gear instead of re balancing the current combat system.

Cmandial
02-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Well the fact remains that old gear has better stats than new gear (armor wise), which should not happen IMO.

BeardedBear
02-10-2011, 08:14 AM
actually, i read something about the devs slowly trying to balance out the different classes with new gear instead of re balancing the current combat system.

Where exactly did you read this?

Ellyidol
02-10-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm guessing there should be a set bonus. It's kinda weird how the previous sets had, and the new ones don't. What confuses me is if you need ALL 55 to get a set bonus, since there are 51/53 pieces of the same name.

LADYHADASSA
02-10-2011, 08:56 AM
The observation I have is items suited of like name offer stronger armor and dos BUT for the balance in mana it is terrible for pallys the regen for mana is terrible the pinks are worthless for a pally... Actualy purps no better... Rift and hate still rule in my opinion..

Ellyidol
02-10-2011, 08:59 AM
The observation I have is items suited of like name offer stronger armor and dos BUT for the balance in mana it is terrible for pallys the regen for mana is terrible the pinks are worthless for a pally... Actualy purps no better... Rift and hate still rule in my opinion..

Rift was also like this when it newly came out. 0 M/S.

Lets see if devs will do something about it. For all we know the set bonus already has like 4 M/S.

TheLaw
02-10-2011, 09:11 AM
But considering that theres no hit for bears, stick to Ao3 gear.

Ptoast
02-10-2011, 09:16 AM
How much do we really know about the crating system? Maybe those state are just the initial stats. It is up to us to use other gems and items to imbue different qualities to the pieces. So if I want to add more def and M/S or add more crit and hit or whatever, I can. I think the devs want us to create our own godly gear. I also expect a set bonus when all lvl 55 gear is equipped.

Cmandial
02-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Well the level 35 gear had a set bonus, yet no gear has another set bonus until level 50. I wonder if the Devs are going to wait until like level 60 before they start making sets again. Either way I think the new equipement needs some changes.

Cmandial
02-10-2011, 02:00 PM
I also just noticed that all of the purple dexterity items have higher armor or damage than the pink ones.