PDA

View Full Version : a bad day in PL

bravemenrun
02-09-2011, 11:44 PM
So I'm in a sewer group and we're at the king and queen. I suggest we split them up, but this tank named m something says no all attack queen. Everyone else seems new to the level and stays quiet. I say ok fine, queen.

So things go bad very fast. No one potted so people are dying instantly. I'm trying to simultaneously heal everyone, res everyone, and all the while hp pot spamming myself to stay alive. All the tank is doing is bashing the queen and yelling "spam heal!" over and over. Guess what tanks, there's a refresh on heal so I can't spam heal! So quit yelling it in parties! Mages are smart enough to heal as soon as it refreshes if need be. We don't need you yelling at us!

So things are going bad, the king queen combo spell is wiping everyone's HP fast and I can't keep up without dropping dead. I finally decide to separate the king which I was not even sure I could solo. Me and another mage had done it before, I was taking all the agro that time but stayed alive, so I thought maybe... But I am losing HP too fast.

So I'm laying there dead and the tank starts yelling about not being healed, insulting me, blah blah. Then, get this, he calls me a noob and says because he lasted longer than me proves I'm a noob. Are you kidding! I'm a Fricken mage! You're a tank! I'm pretty sure you have a bit more hp!

Anyway things ended there, but that crap really got my goat. am I wrong in being annoyed? I don't even have the urge to play right now ...

Militaryman
02-09-2011, 11:47 PM
That guy is the noob... You should have a preset that says "my heal is cooling down" or something like that

matta1985
02-09-2011, 11:50 PM
You will come across people like that unfortunately :( There is always one person around that ruins your day...

bravemenrun
02-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah I try to shrug that kinda crap off. Just gets a bit much sometimes. The preset idea is pretty good LOL. Maybe the devs can put a can of spam next to each boss. Then us mages could actually Spam heal when told.

Zerious
02-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Dude, best thing to say when someone calls you a noob is "Shut up, or I'll fart on you". What can they say to that?

StompArtist
02-10-2011, 09:55 AM
When someone "spams" messages like that I just leave in the middle of the fight. No time for these folks.

Ellyidol
02-10-2011, 10:01 AM
I know what you mean, I did that as tank too, rushing in. I wasn't sure how they buffed up the K&Q exactly, and it was quite easy pre-update to just rush in and focus on queen, then we wiped, again and again, and again. Lol

Eventually got it though, but seemed harder to separate for some reason.

RedRyder
02-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Dude, best thing to say when someone calls you a noob is "Shut up, or I'll fart on you". What can they say to that?

That^ would shut me up instantly. Idk how I'd react if someone told me that in real life

StompArtist
02-10-2011, 10:15 AM
That^ would shut me up instantly. Idk how I'd react if someone told me that in real life

Running at that point would be advised.

Doubletime
02-10-2011, 10:35 AM
I think the problem is that the new buffed king & queen do a good bit more damage now together (or so it seems) and the old smash and slash tactics of just "concentrate of the queen" doesn't work well anymore. Splitting the two up is a better tactic. I just think it will take a little while for people's approaches to adjust to the update. The tank probably didn't realize the devs made them tougher to take down.

The attitude problem he had, well that can't be solved. Don't get down about it. Luckily this guy is in the minority as far as most players on PL.

mycroftxxx
02-10-2011, 03:29 PM
I get the impression that the Balefort Sewers bosses were specifically designed to emphasize particular strategies and skills in the game, and when they found that people were just powering through a couple of them on DPS, they adjusted things to make that fail. I think this is cool—I just wish they had done it in Forest Haven so that we didn't get so many ignorant players at high level.

Tengotengo
02-10-2011, 03:38 PM
it's sort of the problem with MMOs; they're good babysitting for pre-driving kids. Since kids have smartphones now, there's no end to 13yos on game. Since my characters are the other side of the power scale now, I have zero tolerance for BS. There's either always another run going somewhere useful. I got called a noob when a warrior ran in, separated from the party, got killed, and let the boss mob pour through the archers and healers, wiping us out. I left without reving anyone and told the run creator I didn't need that kind of game.

Magicalbanana
02-10-2011, 07:12 PM
why cant we all be noobs and be happy

Caire-boo
02-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Arrgghh I so feel your pain. This sort of thing has kept me off my Mage for a while. I am so sick of tanks charging in like Leeroy Jenkins, pulling everything in sight then yelling heal me over and over or the new favourite seems to be spam heal. If any tanks are reading this who a) expect to be healed no matter how Many mobs you pull while stomping or b) yell at the healer if you die while lying there spamming rev without a please or thank you, remember this. As a tank it is your job to control the Aggro so if you are dying a lot it's because you are pulling more than can be handled. If the healer dies, everyone dies so instead of yelling at the healer, make sure that you hold Aggro and keep your cloth wearing healer safe.

Yes, there are some useless healers out there, and I am probably one of them on occasion but shouting at us is not in the least bit helpful. If you really think someone's doing something wrong, send them a private message giving tactful advice. Dont humiliate them, or anyone else in front of the whole party.

So remember tanks, if people are dying and it's not going well - maybe, just maybe, it's not the healers fault but yours!!!

Ahhhh that was very cathartic!!! Rant over 

bravemenrun
02-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Feels good to vent huh? Worked wonders for me. Let's hope we don't have to initiate a mages strike or anything LOL

Phoenixking
02-10-2011, 10:18 PM
it's sort of the problem with MMOs; they're good babysitting for pre-driving kids. Since kids have smartphones now, there's no end to 13yos on game. Since my characters are the other side of the power scale now, I have zero tolerance for BS. There's either always another run going somewhere useful. I got called a noob when a warrior ran in, separated from the party, got killed, and let the boss mob pour through the archers and healers, wiping us out. I left without reving anyone and told the run creator I didn't need that kind of game.
Whats that soppused to mean... Im a 13yr old im not noob im considered good like not bad nor great i knew that seperating king and queen was the way to go thanks to the description i read updates and new interesting info till its done

Dizzy
02-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I bet some of the most hardcore players in this game are kids, so not really fair to generalize. On the other hand, I doubt many adults are begging in townes... :D

Caire-Boo, word to your entire post.

I'm learning to enjoy PUGs, and believe it or not, lately I've been finding really good groups. But every so often someone is so nasty it sours me on playing. I'd rather have someone play a dirty trick like booting me before a boss than be nasty and scream USELESS NOOB SPAM HEAL!!! through a whole level.

KingFu
02-10-2011, 10:42 PM
You'd be amazed at all the noobs that think they're pro....Enter a PvP game and you usually will find at least 1-2+

bravemenrun
02-10-2011, 11:36 PM
LOL i'd never pretend to be pro. I'm a casual gamer. But not an idiot either. I learn and I do my reading. I try to be helpful and appreciate advise when I get it. I just don't appreciate a-holes I guess.

Phoenixking, u make a good point. That guy could have been a grumpy old man for all I know.

Moogerfooger
02-11-2011, 01:40 PM
So I'm in a sewer group and we're at the king and queen. I suggest we split them up, but this tank named m something says no all attack queen.

I think I ran into this guy in the BB Stronghold, i think his name was mtoxin or mt-something...in the first area where you get gangblasted by the goblin mages (or whatever they are) and will die if you are not paying attention, he instantly died..and started complaining right away, calling ppl noobs, and saying "wow you guys suck". I told him "Shut it you clown, you're the only one who died, and I'm a bird with 85 armor and I was right beside you. Who is the one who sucks? Oh its you." or something to that effect.

He left shortly after that without a peep.

StompArtist
02-11-2011, 01:47 PM
I think I ran into this guy in the BB Stronghold, i think his name was mtoxin or mt-something...in the first area where you get gangblasted by the goblin mages (or whatever they are) and will die if you are not paying attention, he instantly died..and started complaining right away, calling ppl noobs, and saying "wow you guys suck". I told him "Shut it you clown, you're the only one who died, and I'm a bird with 85 armor and I was right beside you. Who is the one who sucks? Oh its you." or something to that effect.

He left shortly after that without a peep.

That is not a noob. Even noobs know better than this. :D

Moogerfooger
02-11-2011, 01:49 PM
That is not a noob. Even noobs know better than this. :D

You would hope so....funny thing is, is that the party did better without him than with him. I love bears and have one myself, but there are always a few bad apples, just like with any class.

StompArtist
02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
You would hope so....funny thing is, is that the party did better without him than with him. I love bears and have one myself, but there are always a few bad apples, just like with any class.

Yup. Problem is the bears have the most potential for getting everyone killed. :D I know I recently took my bear out for a spin and messed up a pull in keeper and ended up pulling everything all the way behind me right on the poor mage and bird hiding there... Needless to say there was much apologizing going on.

Grizzlykitty
02-11-2011, 08:29 PM
I also came across this kind of player a 55 (eragant and stuburn) three days after release. Im lvl 52 and have two 51s. I asked all in group to stay out y I pulled king in mid pull I lagged and pulled both I said run we ran and reset no wipe. I said sry I lagged so did again this time 55 bear put pots on and as im coming out of room with king he runs in room and gets queen! So I proceeded to explain we need to reset he said no I said I not contributing 5-10 deaths to my count cause Ur stubbornness I sat out after couple wipes of all but 55 bear and 5 min in he still proceeded to be stuburn and not try something new that works with minimal deaths and pot use. I guess what im saying is give ppl a chance even if u think u know what Ur doing their might be a better way and if it dosent work the first time it dosent mean it dosent work or is an in adaquit way of doing it. It's a game that involves team work. If Ur not willing to try new things or learn something then y play.

Redbridge
02-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Yup. Problem is the bears have the most potential for getting everyone killed. :D I know I recently took my bear out for a spin and messed up a pull in keeper and ended up pulling everything all the way behind me right on the poor mage and bird hiding there... Needless to say there was much apologizing going on.

Key word "apologise". Everyone makes mistakes but a bit of common decency goes a long way and the ability to put your hand in the air when you get it wrong defuses must situations. Still trying to perfect tanking tbh....

Zerious
02-11-2011, 10:45 PM
This is exactly why my brother isn't being powerleveled by me :D if he does all the quests, then i power level him to the cap of the towne's quests. But it has to be sequencial. He can't go to, say to Lost exped and go from 2-33, he has to have forest haven's quests, dark forest's quests, and fathom crypt's quests done first :D

Yvonnel
02-11-2011, 11:37 PM
I feel your pain. I was in a group in the catacombs. Everyone dies. I respawn and try to revive everyone and one hit I am dead again. The other mage in the party (who I had already had to revive 3 times) gets po'd and leaves. You just have to over look those people.