PDA

View Full Version : Server Maintenance | November 25, 2014 | 10:30am CST

Remiem
11-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Good afternoon Legends! We are currently conducting maintenance on the Arcane Legends game server to help improve the frequent disconnection issues. Once the game comes back up, please let us know if you experience an improvement in your game stability. We'll be happy to hear that we're on the right track!

UPDATE 5:41pm: After the update, we were still able to reproduce a server disconnection in our dev environment. Our developers are continuing to research the issue and may bring the server down periodically over the next couple of days to implement new fixes. Thank you for your patience! I'll update this thread as new news comes in.

UPDATE Nov. 25 10:33am: We are bouncing the server again to add more changes to help improve the DC issue. Please let us know here if you see any changes in your game play experience. Thank you!

UPDATE 4:07pm: We're seeing a lot of reports of improved connections. Awesome! Still seeing some lag and game freezing as well as some lingering reports of disconnections. We'll continue testing through this afternoon.

Appeltjes
Cool

Thx rem

Azateenice
Hehe hope First:))

sunny2306
First

sunny2306
11-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Or not lol

Azateenice
11-24-2014, 05:26 PM
hope u got the right track:))

Reconstruction
11-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Go on sts you go guys!

icesandwich
11-24-2014, 05:33 PM
Yeah.ty rem

Vermogen
11-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Nice. I hope it ll be much less from now on:p tnx!

Sridoyy
11-24-2014, 05:39 PM
Nice i hope I can pvp without my ennemies get dc its always bad to fight alone XD

Playlist
11-24-2014, 05:40 PM
sweet

Vermogen
11-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Wauw lagging has became even worse now...

irvin
11-24-2014, 06:02 PM
Wy i still no get title planeswalker, i am finish first day and run run no get but Aps i get :((

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

Valkiirye
11-24-2014, 06:38 PM
DC continue Every Minute!

Sakurahb
11-24-2014, 06:43 PM
I just got DC in a normal map.Same as always.

Jazzi
11-24-2014, 06:44 PM
Hello,

Dc issue does persist. If anything it is actually worse now. At least for me!

Regards. Azek

Avaree
11-24-2014, 06:48 PM
i have more lag, and dc'd...

Lag is more than before, (and the dc i had, was the first today,)after the update.

Paulnaj
11-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Yup still getting dc. The lag just got intensed before you dc. Good job.

Dalmony
11-24-2014, 11:13 PM
Disconnection is way up on what it is before, this is the worst day I've had yet for it. In elite wilds I could barely get a few shots in before disconnecting again - the whole party was just disconnecting on rotation it was awful.

There is also a new development since a couple of days: Every couple of minutes a frame will totally freeze for two seconds. Not the usually lag where you can still move your toon, but just full window freeze for a couple of seconds and then picks up where it left off.... its fatal in Arena >_<

Thanks for trying tho!

Raselph
11-24-2014, 11:18 PM
i believe the disconnection for android may have become more complex but it has worked out quite good so far. As of now, does the update last till 4:30-5:41PM? i might not have correctly understood about it but indeed many ppl are looking forward for it. Good luck legends let's see if the root cause is solved out!

Zeron

kingxxian
11-24-2014, 11:24 PM
its even worst than before,3/4 run in wilds dc,in town dc,after log-in dc wth is that!

Justg
11-24-2014, 11:32 PM
Thanks folks, we are gathering data and will bounce again tomorrow.

Dalmony
11-24-2014, 11:58 PM
After all the theorising and player attempts too find workarounds to ease the disconnection pain, and on top of everything the patience of everyone who kept playing through this, when this is all wrapped up and over I'd love it if in some small undetailed way you guys might tell us what you discovered was up ^_^

forumspammer
11-25-2014, 04:13 AM
Thank you! Its better to have maintenance, I can't play more than 15mins without dc its the same. I hope they will solve it before the winter event

Paulnaj
11-25-2014, 06:15 AM
From frustration to annoyance.

Dex Scene
11-25-2014, 06:25 AM
Ty stg nd gl on fixing

rainmasterz
11-25-2014, 07:07 AM
i am so broke now .... play some tomb and arene and disconected after use many ankh, i know i can join again in the game but in arena if we dc'ed and join again in last boss we just receive master chest, after use many ankh cause lag and die .. lag dc lag dc die ankh die ankh whats happen guys ?? 1 month and this dc'ed problem never been solved... sorry guys hard to say like this but i am soo frustrating play this game... :grumpy: :grumpy:

Candylicks
11-25-2014, 08:39 AM
I did see some changes I wanted to note for you guys. Many people on this thread posted they now had more lag than before, same for me. My ping would climb in the red, but then it would recover! My guess is these would have been disconnects before but now are coming across as lag. You are heading in the right direction.

I did disconnect a few times in tombs (I was rogue), and the mage in our party disconnected many times still. Keep at it StS, troubleshooting a complex cloud machine is no easy feat.

notfaded1
11-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Thanks folks, we are gathering data and will bounce again tomorrow.

Bounce it as many times as you need Gary! Whatever it takes we're all on board with finding a solution. Like Candy said it seemed last night like some people that might have normally DC'd hung on instead. We still had sorc's (for some reason seem effected worse) DC over and over. For me last night was first night I didn't DC in a while. I'm not sure if this was from a change or if I was just lucky... anyhow thanks for your whole teams vigilance on resolving this problem.

Zerefbook
11-25-2014, 08:59 AM
:-)

ArnabKnight
11-25-2014, 09:25 AM
lol now im DC every 10-15 min in tomb:upset:
The server not improve at all, it worst for me than before..

Thrindal
11-25-2014, 12:16 PM
As a lucky one that has found a setup that mostly doesn't disconnect (Have to sit near main router (not where I prefer to play), run without vanity, and set double pixel on using a Nexus 7 tablet) I did disconnect 2-3 times in Planar Tombs map one this morning after update, I was able to get through arena runs without a disconnect personally although a couple of my teammates did disconnect. I am rooting for this to get fixed, running without mage clocks makes things challenging, just about everyone is afraid to even try clock. I feel quite bad for all my mage friends, they are suffering the most with this issue.

Energizeric
11-25-2014, 01:38 PM
Just a suggestion for future versions of the game app...

The iOS app does not actually disconnect until the ping has reached 120 seconds. Yet never once has it ever recovered for me after it reaches 15 seconds. I think it's safe to say that if you are lagging past 30 seconds, it should just disconnect and let you sign on again. Otherwise you end up having to force quit the app and reload.

Even if there is a tiny chance of recovering, it is so small that I doubt anyone would want to wait for it, so better off to just disconnect and let us sign on again instead of having to force quit and reload the app.

Justg
11-25-2014, 01:41 PM
More coming today folks. Much appreciate the helpful comments... we're getting there.

Candylicks
11-25-2014, 01:46 PM
More coming today folks. Much appreciate the helpful comments... we're getting there.

We see it !!!!!!

I'm going to run my mage out tonight w/ clock and all it's spells. I will post how it goes. Really exciting guys to see improvements, looking forward to hearing what happened too.

octavos
11-25-2014, 01:59 PM
We see it !!!!!!

I'm going to run my mage out tonight w/ clock and all it's spells. I will post how it goes. Really exciting guys to see improvements, looking forward to hearing what happened too.

i want it to be a game.."what happened to the server" kinda like the barrel deaths contest guess. :)

Dalmony
11-25-2014, 03:32 PM
Yes I'd say there has been a change- I haven't disconnected after the second update!

What I'm getting now is still the strange occurrence I described before: but intermittently a frame will just freeze for 2-5 seconds and becomes a still image as if the game is buffering, and then it goes back into normal play.

It happens regularly, not so much a case of a couple of times per run but more just consistently throughout all runs always, every minute or so.

Playing on stable internet connection on chrome.

Keep going ^_^

angeldawn
11-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Good afternoon Legends! We are currently conducting maintenance on the Arcane Legends game server to help improve the frequent disconnection issues. Once the game comes back up, please let us know if you experience an improvement in your game stability. We'll be happy to hear that we're on the right track!

UPDATE 5:41pm: After the update, we were still able to reproduce a server disconnection in our dev environment. Our developers are continuing to research the issue and may bring the server down periodically over the next couple of days to implement new fixes. Thank you for your patience! I'll update this thread as new news comes in.

UPDATE Nov. 25 10:33am: We are bouncing the server again to add more changes to help improve the DC issue. Please let us know here if you see any changes in your game play experience. Thank you!

UPDATE 4:07pm: We're seeing a lot of reports of improved connections. Awesome! Still seeing some lag and game freezing as well as some lingering reports of disconnections. We'll continue testing through this afternoon.

Is any of this gonna help with the DC issues in PL?

Justg
11-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Hey Angeldawn!

It may, this is the first I've heard of PL having similar issues. Are you guys seeing the same frequency of DC's?

Drio Ramaco
11-25-2014, 10:09 PM
finally, no more dc, although its still a little bit laggy.

Dalmony
11-25-2014, 10:28 PM
Freeze framing has reached severe levels >_<

Thrindal
11-26-2014, 06:43 AM
Freeze framing has reached severe levels >_<

I did notice this a couple times. Not severe for me but saw it 2-3 times yesterday.

cjswogkstkdg
11-26-2014, 07:23 AM
Ty sts. Much better now

notfaded1
11-26-2014, 08:29 AM
So glad to hear things are much better... I'll be putting in some serious time this extended weekend playing trying to help many in the guild work toward getting their amulet ingredients... and finishing my own... (I still need like 45 ess and then it's done o.O) Props Gary for getting involved and hanging with this until some things got figured out! It really does mean like night and day to playing the game and enjoying the content. Thanks again :^}

Justg
11-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Thanks guys, it really was our technical folks who got this all figured out (thanks Futumsh, Allotabit, null_void, etc!).

Let us know how it is working here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?189098-Service-Stabilization-Update-11-26-14&p=1929023#post1929023