PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on few little problems

OneHITzudU
02-10-2011, 03:31 AM
I want to start by saying this game is straight dirty for a phone(or actually just plain dirty), but I have noticed a couple things that I feel would be simple modifications. Most have to do with pvp, just because I feel this is this games weakest link and that is what i am most interested in in games like this.

-One thing that always bugs me is no hp bars on enemies in pvp. This I sometimes ask myself "what were they thinkin". Although i have not been in any pvp where it was organized and most of the time they are more let solo matches happen(which i enjoy doing), but how are you supposed to decide who to target/who is weak. Not to mention I'm tired of having to ask "how much hp" after fights i lose(not that good yet happens more than i would like)

-This will go for pvp/pve. This is kinda a two parter. There needs to be some kind of built in hp gain instead of just from stats(correct if wrong but i think its like this). I have only hit up to 20 but from what i hear lvl 50 fights all end in a matter of secs. The reason is beacuse your dps is constantly increasing and health barely budges. My str bear has more hp than a lot of pure dex or pure int players that are well over my level.

I might add more later, but ima passout for now.

TheLaw
02-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Firstly, I think this is not an error. Check back on your attributes bar. Check the Hit%, Crit% and Dodge%. PvE and PvP are all about skill, play it well, you thrive among the rest. You should mix up with some of the High-ranked players.

For Avians:

Apollo
Xrax
Skimmey
Thelonearcher
Masterhong
Badtee

For Warriors:

Toughie
Ellyidol
Masterhoon
Badtee
Or Me (Lawgiver)

For Enchantresses:

Anssp
Jiabli
Dawninfinity
ImperialElf

Hope this might help :)

asommers
02-10-2011, 09:29 AM
No health bars adds suspense. We have been trying to find a way to balance gear-based PvP. We are still working on it.

-ALS

romgar1
02-10-2011, 10:30 AM
The Law might add Ladylove, residentevl, and cherrykim to the enchantress list. There are MANY more I could name, not to mention the best twinkers.

OneHITzudU
02-10-2011, 10:33 AM
I understand that it would not be as easy to balance health or w/e there, I just feel like level 20 str builds should not be walking around with more health then 40 int/dex builds.

Couple other things I thought of(not completely sure bout these but some. Thought):

-mages mana sheild I think should have set amount of mana that will be absorbed before going away along with the timer. This I'm not so sure about because I could see where some problems could come up. My reasoning on this idea is when I fool around in pvp on lvl 20 pally, if I throw mana sheild up I go oom in nothing. I would rather use it to try and just cusion that first combo and throw heals down right after. This I'm just want to hear what you think.

OneHITzudU
02-10-2011, 12:17 PM
As I have been thinking about some of these things more I started thinking that I have not been playing long enough to really understand the mechanics behind the game.

And to TheLaw I think you missed the point of my thread. This isn't a rage thread because I don't do that bad pvp other than against tricked out twinks, and I intend to experiment to find the build for me, but it is still nonsense to have lvl 40-50s running around with about the same health as 20s or whatever when their dps is drastically improving. I understand its about finding a good combo and getting timing down. I like when games do their own thing and don't follow others before it but some elements do not change between them because it is just straight up the way to do it. This is how I feel about hp.

TheLaw I don't mean to come back like that, but posts like yours are just stupid and had nothing to do with my thread. As I have been thinking about some of these things more I started thinking that I have not been playing long enough to really understand the mechanics behind the game.

And to TheLaw I think you missed the point of my thread. This isn't a rage thread because I don't do that bad pvp other than against tricked out twinks, and I intend to experiment to find the build for me, but it is still nonsense to have lvl 40-50s running around with about the same health as 20s or whatever when their dps is drastically improving. I understand its about finding a good combo and getting timing down. I like when games do their own thing and don't follow others before it but some elements do not change between them because it is just straight up the way to do it. This is how I feel about hp.

TheLaw I don't mean to come back like that, but posts like yours are just stupid and had nothing to do with my thread. Although helpful, not relevant.

OneHITzudU
02-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Thought of another change that I feel could work well.
1. Points should not automatically be placed in skill on those first few. Not big deal but it should be your choice since you can respec and ignore that skill later.

2. I feel like skill rank ups should have level req. This will allow easier balancing of skill no matter what level. Like 1st skill 2nd rank be 3 or something along that line. I'm sure all them twinks out there won't like this, but I personally don't find it that much fun 1 combin ko/getting 1 combo. This would balance low level pvp a lot. And it you will continue to unlock skill ranks or w/e after 30 making the road to 50 more rewarding, and more enjoyable.

Otukura
02-11-2011, 02:50 AM
No health bars adds suspense. We have been trying to find a way to balance gear-based PvP. We are still working on it.

-ALS

You can be so agressive with no hp bars... start pretending to chase after someone, all rage, buff up, then run away once they run...