PDA

View Full Version : Age Expectations?

FluffNStuff
02-10-2011, 11:48 AM
There was some talk about a new MMO from STS in the pipeline that was more age restrictive then PL? What is the intended age for this?

Royce
02-10-2011, 11:53 AM
23-22.5, no jk, but I'm pretty sure the one you're thinking of is Empire of Night which could have more blood and gore, etc. than PL.

TwinkTastical
02-10-2011, 02:29 PM
23-22.5, no jk, but I'm pretty sure the one you're thinking of is Empire of Night which could have more blood and gore, etc. than PL.

Blood and gore is intended for ages 6+ It enchances your character...

Rebel
02-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Age limitations are ages 9+

UglyDucklin
02-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I mat be opening myself up to a world or pain and whatnot here but if you own your own ipod iPad or phone that is capable of playing these game I hope to god you are Atleast 10. If not 12 or 14.

And we wonder why kids can't read.....

Boten Anna
02-15-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that an ipod/pad/phone would actually help kids read.

StompArtist
02-15-2011, 01:53 PM
My 4 years old has an ipod. I disabled access to the store and monitor/install the app he is allowed to use. So far it has been a great tool and source of fun for him... Also his read/write skills have greatly improved with the use of educational apps. Bottom line it can be a great educational tool or a great source of "stupidity", it all boils down to parenting... really.

morfic
01-31-2012, 12:05 PM
My 5 year old can play the Wii lego batman game like a madman. But yeah, I have to moderate it or he will sit on it all day.

Flip
01-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Actually the age limit for our games is 13+, due to COPPA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Online_Privacy_Protection_Act). The age limit changing to 9+ was just a rumor.

flashbackflip
01-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Agree with StompArtist about parents.. And speakin of SL..

My daughter is 4.5 and she fond of Engies! She taught half of her group in kindergarten how to play SL offline: u gotta kill 'bad hoppers' (yeah, vulars) and how to heal each other making 'engie stance' (with one hand up)

She usually been watchin us to play, but we stopped some time ago.. Just because of 'killing' matter.. We try to interest her in less 'murderous' and more creative apps.. Which she likes by the way..

Speaking generally, she loves Sonic Generations (ps3) - she dreams of becoming Sonic herself one day! We like it 'coz now we run to and from kindergarten - very sportish)))

Skeokateva
01-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Actually the age limit for our games is 13+, due to COPPA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Online_Privacy_Protection_Act). The age limit changing to 9+ was just a rumor.
Really? thanks for the info had no clue about this COPPA :p

Kakatoa91
02-01-2012, 03:25 AM
Agree with StompArtist about parents.. And speakin of SL..

My daughter is 4.5 and she fond of Engies! She taught half of her group in kindergarten how to play SL offline: u gotta kill 'bad hoppers' (yeah, vulars) and how to heal each other making 'engie stance' (with one hand up)

She usually been watchin us to play, but we stopped some time ago.. Just because of 'killing' matter.. We try to interest her in less 'murderous' and more creative apps.. Which she likes by the way..

Speaking generally, she loves Sonic Generations (ps3) - she dreams of becoming Sonic herself one day! We like it 'coz now we run to and from kindergarten - very sportish)))

Cute daughter lol.

Kids are just so quick with new tech.

flashbackflip
02-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Cute daughter lol.

Kids are just so quick with new tech.

Yeah, she's great) wants to b micro-biologist and knows alot about cells and germs and viruses.. We show her videos on that matter and she understands all that stuff surprisingly well..

When i was 10 i got my first electronic device and it was this one

But holding it in hands with awe i already dreamed of a tablet i use now))

I guess kids are curious about any-and-every-thing thats why they catch up with everything fast and dream of even more fantastic things.. I hope my little daughter will teach me how to operate holografic interfaces or even telepathic ones soon enough;)