PDA

View Full Version : Need elite runner advice (warrior)

bossthetank
11-26-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm new to the end game experience and would like some advice for gears to buy before running elites and getting everyone killed. I'm a noob but I know how to merch and have about 1.5 mil raised since the Halloween event to spend on gear. I have asked many high lvls with good sstats and it seems that every SINGLE one of these people is rude and don't care to help others. I'm not a 10 year old kid begging you for help. I'm asking a simple question and a reply once in a while would be nice.

bossthetank
11-26-2014, 06:23 PM
Sorry for the outburst on the end.. this game is just irritating and all guides are out dated

Xorrior
11-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Sorry for the outburst on the end.. this game is just irritating and all guides are out dated

Definitely the guides with minimum stats to run elites. If any party ran with those kinda min stats they won't last long!

The current game has now 3 levels.......

1. Normal maps
2. Elites
3. Uber-Elites i.e planar tombs/planar bosses. Anything that constantly requires ankhs for you to survive or defeat is uber.

Ballin' on a budget of 1.5 mill nowadays for endgame is hard! You haven't specified what you currently have. List your pets, weapons, gears and pic of your stats. Also list your skills and passives and how many points awarded for each.

I will do my best to help you.

Serancha
11-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Magmatic blade of assault
Living Spirit, Hellish, Necroptic armours and helms "of assault" are all good without being in mythic price range, or Ancient Druid Bark of Potency is passable
Elondrian ring of fitness
Sacred elondrian pendant of will or security

If you can't afford the 41 versions, the 40's are usually very close in stats and half the price.

Get a proper full strength build with taunt skills. I prefer Venge, Horn, Smash, CS and then switch smash to Axe for bosses for more taunt control to keep your team in one piece.

Pick up a Blinky and once you get your gems up to snuff, you'll be carrying some totally workable warrior stats. Not mythic, but you will have enough oomph that you won't kill your party by dying the minute something hits you, and people will run with you because you have reasonable damage. Of course there's a lot to warrior other than gear and stats - good warriors are very very hard to find. It takes time and experience, but this is a good start.

ilhanna
11-26-2014, 10:38 PM
This is quoted from the build guide we posted for my guild. It's mostly written by my go-to elite tank, Warhorseman. My warrior has more or less the same build (I put points on INT passive instead of DEX because my mana is low) and have tanked elite runs up to Rockhorn Summit with it. My warrior currently wears necroptic will, goblin glaive (pavise on hard elite maps), elondrian ring and eerie amulet.

Note: Most of the following guide was written by Warhorseman. I only added some parts about gear and pets. The parts I added are within parentheses. -Ilhanna

Warrior PvE build

Stat/skill points:
As any class your stat points must go on primary stat, in warrior's case it's STRENGTH.

Skills. A warrior's job is to hold aggro and take incoming attacks, if you can't do that sorry you chose the wrong class. The following skills are what I prefer for my warrior:

Juggernaut 5/5 - for taunt & parking
Vengeful Blood (VB) 5/5 - for mana return and greater damage
Horn of Renew (HoR) 5/5- monitor hp level of your pt member and use when they drop to 30% or to regain aggro in emergency
Skyward Smash (SS) 4/5 (all upgrades except last)
Windmill (WM) 4/5 (all upgrades except last)
Chest Splitter (CS) 3/5 (first and last upgrades)

Passive:
Durable 5/5
Might 5/5
Knowledge 4/5 (if you have more than 800-900 mana I would add points to Agility instead)

Now different situation call for different skill sets (elite maps & regular maps/tombs).
For elite I prefer Jugg, HoR, CS and WM.
As for regular maps/ tombs I prefer VB, HoR, WM and SS.

Gear:
I for one prefer mythic set as gives most damage and enough armor to more than survive current elite. But if you cannot afford mythic the next best gears are necroptic/ancient druid/hellish of will as they give great armor.

As for weapon, I would suggest getting magmatic claymore of will (great damage with armor as well).

[Other recommended tanking weapons include conquistador wall of potency, arlorian shield, vigilant pavise of fitness, planar club of will, and of course the elondrian bulwark.

Ring: Elondrian Grove Ring of Fitness; Night Ocean Ripple of Warfare with str main stat; Blood Ruby of Shuyal.

Amulet: Eerie Necropolis Amulet of Potency; Sacred Elondrian Pendant of Fitness; Wild Amulet of Will; Tarlok's Amulet of Fitness

Upgrade every item with blood gem or elondrian shards.

Pets: look for pets that give str and/or primary stats, health, armor and dmg. Crowd control (stun/freeze) and speed a bonus.
Ribbit, Loki, Prance, Little Bear, Ethyl, Crawly, Snaggletooth, Valkin, Ironbite, Blinky, Abaddon, Grimm, Slag, Kelvin (for stunning bosses).]

Well there you have it, my pure pve build for TK. Hope this helps you and your pt to survive deadly elites and always remember your pt comes first :)

-Warhorseman

Also read:

Guide to farming elite Tindirin by Ishxmeet. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?167194-Guide-Easiest-and-Efficient-way-to-Farm-in-Elite-Tindrin)

How to tank elite maps by Ogani. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?148999-How-to-Tank-Elite-Maps-Cannon-fodder-but-also-the-cannons)

Read the comments on this thread for some very helpful tanking and gear tips. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?179605-What-armor-weapon-for-elite)

Read the comments on this thread for very helpful gear and general warrioring tips. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?176339-Advice-on-Tanking-Gear-amp-Stats-for-Elite-Dungeons)

IMO tho, actual experience is still a good enough teacher. I learned how and where to park mobs in elite Caves by running with PUGs. They told me what to do, I did it, practiced it later with friends and guildies, refined it, and so forth. You cannot learn to time Horn of Renew and choose which pet to use for different situations unless you actually try it with a party on map.

I hope this helps.

bossthetank
11-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I am currently only equipped with lvl 35 gear. Entombed hammer of warfare and hellish helm/armor (I know I need to upgrade)

This is what I'm looking at doing

All strength points build
Skills:
Skyward Smash (4/5) no mana
CS (4/5) No Knockback
Vengeful Blood (5/5)
Horn of Renew (5/5)
Passives:
Str: 5/5
Dex: 5/5
Int: 5/5
Armor: 5/5
3 extra points for axe throw or 4 if I take 1 from CS.

I don't think jugg is beneficial for pve personally and am thinking about investing in the 5 skill Axe throw build. Swap SS for AT on boss since chest splitter has 3 sec cooldown to keep agro efficiently. And I don't do Damage or Crit Passives bc idc about dmg being a tank and plus they don't stack with pets if. The int and Dex adds a little health and mana.

I already have a blinky level 41, ribbit 35 both used regularly. And colton and flapjack used as cheap pets so I don't use gold to feed all the time. I want to get a prance over the winter holiday due to the stun arcane ability, I heard Kelvin is good too? 50/50 on crawly unless someone has positives for tanking?

Right now my budget is small but when the winter event comes around I will have about 2mil more due to plat I'm going to use to buy energy packs and sell them like I did for halloween. However I only got 400k from that in Halloween.

Looking at a 3.5 mil limit. I was thinking about doing the magma assault set (weapon for sure) which helm and armor are better?? Im assuming assault too. Is a legendary ammy better or the ammy of doom? And rings I never have ideas since there are so many.

ilhanna
11-27-2014, 01:57 AM
Yes on Kelvin since it has 100% chance of stun even at low level, with shorter cooldown than George. You will need it in Planar Arena and Tomb. Crawly is good for some crowd control since it freezes mobs. Plus the primary stat support is nice.

Magma armor set is inferior to ancient druid/living spirit/necroptic. The latter options give dmg support and better armor.

Some legendary lvl 41 amulets IMO are better than Doom. Wild Talisman of Will and Eerie Amulet of Potency/Assault I find are good.

The reason I'm pro juggernaut on pve is because at 5/5 it's a taunt skill, and the movement impairment immunity is useful on hard elite maps, especially when you have to park a mob that stuns (like the green giant in Tindirin).

My two cents.

Appeltjes
11-27-2014, 01:59 AM
What I use is a planar club of will/magmatic blade of will.
Upgraded mythic helm/ancient potency.
Necro assault armor.
Archon fatality (cheapie).
Wild talisman of will.
Resulting in this.

bossthetank
11-27-2014, 02:02 AM
Okay awesome!! Thanks again, all of the feedback has been helpful.

Serancha
11-27-2014, 02:14 AM
Use the Show Stats function in the CS and see how different items compare to what you have on. Then you can see for yourself what is better, and/or what you want.

A large part of the fun of this game is working out the fine tuning of builds and gear to get what works best for you for what price range. This will not necessarily be what is best for someone else.

You have the basic information, but from there it's your game to play.

Dex Scene
11-27-2014, 03:05 AM
Noob tapatalk. After typing for 10 mins, it got error -.-

Anyway , everyone said everything already.
However one said Jugg is not much important in pve. I disagree.
Jugg and windmill are great skills to have an easy taunts for a elite starter. I will tell you a bit different build to others what my warrior has!!

You need to taunt the mobs constantly and tank your parties to be a good real warrior!!
Imo, go get Jugg (4/5 no self heal), VB (5/5), HOR (5/5), SKY SMASH (3/5 first two upgrades only), Windmill (4/5 no snares), Axe throw (4/5 no concussion). Axe throw is for lots of places wherr you gotta have to stay in once place and heal parties and attack from distance!!
And MIGHT, DURABLE and AGILITY passives all 5/5.

Do sky wind vb hor in normal maps. Choose axe throw at boss.

Do sky wind jugg hor in elites. Choose axe throw at boss.

Do windmill vb jugg hor in extreme hard elites for pure tanking.
Once you get expert and get better you can taunt well without 3 defensive skills :)
Good luck!!

Appeltjes
11-27-2014, 03:09 AM
Noob tapatalk. After typing for 10 mins, it got error -.-

Anyway , everyone said everything already.
However one said Jugg is not much important in pve. I disagree.
Jugg and windmill are great skills to have an easy taunts for a elite starter.
You need to taunt the mobs constantly and tank your parties to be a good real warrior!!
Imo, go get Jugg (4/5 no self heal), VB (5/5), HOR (5/5), SKY SMASH (3/5 first two upgrades only), Windmill (4/5 no snares), Axe throw (4/5 no concussion). Axe throw is for lots of places wherr you gotta have to stay in once place and heal parties and attack from distance!!
And MIGHT, DURABLE and AGILITY passives all 5/5.

Do sky wind vb hor in normal maps. Choose axe throw at boss.

Do sky wind jugg hor in elites. Choose axe throw at boss.

Do windmill vb jugg hor in extreme hard elites for pure tanking.
Once you get expert and get better you can taunt well without 3 defensive skills :)
Good luck!!

Lol a big pull without jug means you'll be standing still only pressing on the hp pots :p

Dex Scene
11-27-2014, 03:11 AM
Lol a big pull without jug means you'll be standing still only pressing on the hp pots :p
Yes. Jugg is important

Serancha
11-27-2014, 03:43 AM
I've never seen a need for jugg in pve. Most of the top pve warriors who I have run with don't use it at all and are awesome. However, it has always been and will always be a heavily debated topic. Choose what you are happy using.

Xorrior
11-27-2014, 04:41 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I am currently only equipped with lvl 35 gear. Entombed hammer of warfare and hellish helm/armor (I know I need to upgrade)

This is what I'm looking at doing

All strength points build
Skills:
Skyward Smash (4/5) no mana
CS (4/5) No Knockback
Vengeful Blood (5/5)
Horn of Renew (5/5)
Passives:
Str: 5/5
Dex: 5/5
Int: 5/5
Armor: 5/5
3 extra points for axe throw or 4 if I take 1 from CS.

I don't think jugg is beneficial for pve personally and am thinking about investing in the 5 skill Axe throw build. Swap SS for AT on boss since chest splitter has 3 sec cooldown to keep agro efficiently. And I don't do Damage or Crit Passives bc idc about dmg being a tank and plus they don't stack with pets if. The int and Dex adds a little health and mana.

I already have a blinky level 41, ribbit 35 both used regularly. And colton and flapjack used as cheap pets so I don't use gold to feed all the time. I want to get a prance over the winter holiday due to the stun arcane ability, I heard Kelvin is good too? 50/50 on crawly unless someone has positives for tanking?

Right now my budget is small but when the winter event comes around I will have about 2mil more due to plat I'm going to use to buy energy packs and sell them like I did for halloween. However I only got 400k from that in Halloween.

Looking at a 3.5 mil limit. I was thinking about doing the magma assault set (weapon for sure) which helm and armor are better?? Im assuming assault too. Is a legendary ammy better or the ammy of doom? And rings I never have ideas since there are so many.

You don't need 5/5 on VB. You can afford to lose the the crit skill, leave that for rogues. You can lose an additional point from DEX passive, then you will have 2 extra points on axe. Axe is awesome on boss, aggro and heavy damage, forget the chain. Personally I don't use axe. Windmill has taunt, yes it cools down all other skills but it's legit in mob aggro, do not have snare. If you want to have an extra skill point available, you can go without the 'impairing' skill on jugg.

I see a lot of people are recommending you 'of assault' gear. You will gain damage but will lose armour and perhaps health. It's up to you what you want to be.....a tank or the new trend 'damage warrior'.

Do not touch living spirit unless you can get a dirt cheap super gemmed blood or Elond one. I'd rather go for druid bark of will. For a tank druid bark gives better stats. Try the necro gear if the price is cheap. Gem all your gears, super gems take your stats to a different level and help out a tank a lot!

Wild talisman of will.
Archon ring of fatality level 36 - armour and cheap!

Little Bear is a must! Followed by prance - rotate them with your two existing pets, Blinky and Ribbit.
Raise money for Magmatic Claymore of Will it's now very cheap (be prepared to spam pots like crazy tho) and perhaps pavise still has it's uses, if the stun rate is high. The price is dropping on this thing so get it last and for less than a mill :)

As a tank you're only as good as the rogues and mages around you. Make friends with rogues and mages that make your tanking life easier :) you see a mage throwing health in the air or rogue throwing down lifepacks, or them running offscreen to lure half of Arlor, just leave map!

Dex Scene
11-27-2014, 02:41 PM
I've never seen a need for jugg in pve. Most of the top pve warriors who I have run with don't use it at all and are awesome. However, it has always been and will always be a heavily debated topic. Choose what you are happy using.

He is not so called "top pve warrior". Jugg is a must for a elite starter or you can say it is good to get for starter to keep the taunts...

Serancha
11-27-2014, 05:20 PM
He is not so called "top pve warrior". Jugg is a must for a elite starter or you can say it is good to get for starter to keep the taunts...

I wasn't actually referring to Ravagerx. Seriously, I do know other warriors, and my statement was plural. Out of a dozen of the top warriors around, maybe 2 use jugg.

Xorrior
11-27-2014, 05:26 PM
.....Out of a dozen of the top warriors around, maybe 2 use jugg.

That is debatable.

Serancha
11-27-2014, 05:32 PM
That is debatable.

So is everything.

Xorrior
11-27-2014, 05:36 PM
So is everything.

I'm not on about everything. I'm on about your post.

Serancha
11-27-2014, 05:48 PM
I'm not on about everything. I'm on about your post.

As a warrior, how many other warriors have you actually run elites with and seen in action? I'm guessing very few, since 1 warrior is rare in an elite party, and 2 or more only happens in pugs. So you can debate all you'd like, but may not exactly be in a position to know what other warriors do. Not all will discuss builds, so the only way to know what they actually use is to run with them and pay attention.

Stelo
11-27-2014, 05:54 PM
I'd like to put my input on this as well! :D I have a couple skill sets I use for different situations which is why I decided to have 6 Skills and only 3 Passives. Very good skill set for my playstyle imo.

Primary Skills:

Skyward Smash 4/5 (no mana regain)
Chest Splitter 2/5 (only Staggering Blow)
Windmill 4/5 (no snare)
Juggernaut 5/5
Vengeful Blood 5/5
Horn of Renewal 5/5

I'm thinking of trying out Axe Throw for bosses though.

Passives:

Durable 5/5
Damage 5/5
Might 5/5

No need to put it in Knowledge even if you have low mana because you can get a Haunted Ring, Shuyal Ring and of course, POTIONS!

When I play in PVE maps like KM3/WT4 or easy Elites, the skills I use are the traditional SS, WM, VB, and HoR.
For Elites like Elite Nordr/Tindirin/Shuyal I use SS, WM, Jugg, HoR OR if I find that it's way too hard for me I wear my tanking gear and use CS, VB, Jugg, and HoR. The reason why I use Vengeful Blood along with Juggernaut is because of the 500+ HP from charging it which will then give me an extra 1k HP.
For the CRAZY hard Elites like Planar Tombs, I use tanking gear along with CS, VB, Jugg, and HoR.
For the bosses, I usually just pick between these 3 skill sets depending on how difficult it is. If it's a boss like Elite Arachna then I'll just use the original VB set. If it's Marrow then I'll have to go full tank gear and go in my 1k HP set.
As for soloing maps and you want that full DMG, I usually go SS, CS, WM, and VB.

Also, I'm a Warrior that uses weak armor (Dragon Scale), but I still do fine running them. My friends even tell me I have more survivability than most Mythic Warriors. Even in Planar tombs 3. That's it though, hope this helps! :)

Xorrior
11-28-2014, 12:57 AM
As a warrior, how many other warriors have you actually run elites with and seen in action? I'm guessing very few, since 1 warrior is rare in an elite party, and 2 or more only happens in pugs. So you can debate all you'd like, but may not exactly be in a position to know what other warriors do. Not all will discuss builds, so the only way to know what they actually use is to run with them and pay attention.

Your post is very wrong. I have seen many warriors in action. If a warrior in elites is very rare, then does that mean warriors in your guild hardly get a run? Then how are they 'top warriors', as you put it. I have done elites and planar with 2 warrior parties not only in my guild but with other guilds too. Also you're assuming warrior is the only toon I have ever played with. Anyway as a warrior I would definitely know what's best for build regarding elite - through experience and trial and error.

You said 'not all discuss builds', exactly my point! This is why your statement of 'most top warriors use VB' is debatable! How would you know anyway, especially when you claim they're hardly in elite parties. You make wild claims with no proof.

We are here to help would-be-tankers, telling them jugg is meh, is wrong. Take a look at warrior section in forum, some of the top warriors in the game have recommended Jugg.

Xorrior
11-28-2014, 01:02 AM
I'd like to put my input on this as well! :D I have a couple skill sets I use for different situations which is why I decided to have 6 Skills and only 3 Passives. Very good skill set for my playstyle imo.

Primary Skills:

Skyward Smash 4/5 (no mana regain)
Chest Splitter 2/5 (only Staggering Blow)
Windmill 4/5 (no snare)
Juggernaut 5/5
Vengeful Blood 5/5
Horn of Renewal 5/5

I'm thinking of trying out Axe Throw for bosses though.

Passives:

Durable 5/5
Damage 5/5
Might 5/5

No need to put it in Knowledge even if you have low mana because you can get a Haunted Ring, Shuyal Ring and of course, POTIONS!

When I play in PVE maps like KM3/WT4 or easy Elites, the skills I use are the traditional SS, WM, VB, and HoR.
For Elites like Elite Nordr/Tindirin/Shuyal I use SS, WM, Jugg, HoR OR if I find that it's way too hard for me I wear my tanking gear and use CS, VB, Jugg, and HoR. The reason why I use Vengeful Blood along with Juggernaut is because of the 500+ HP from charging it which will then give me an extra 1k HP.
For the CRAZY hard Elites like Planar Tombs, I use tanking gear along with CS, VB, Jugg, and HoR.
For the bosses, I usually just pick between these 3 skill sets depending on how difficult it is. If it's a boss like Elite Arachna then I'll just use the original VB set. If it's Marrow then I'll have to go full tank gear and go in my 1k HP set.
As for soloing maps and you want that full DMG, I usually go SS, CS, WM, and VB.

Also, I'm a Warrior that uses weak armor (Dragon Scale), but I still do fine running them. My friends even tell me I have more survivability than most Mythic Warriors. Even in Planar tombs 3. That's it though, hope this helps! :)

Legit advice in bold. The crazy thing is you're doing it in dragon scale armour o.O, your prolly a beast tank :) upgrade to better armour and you'd be solid and in demand!

For crazy hard elites I use WM, Jugg, VB and HoR, have to say WM will put other skills on cool down. So amidst mayhem CS maybe a better option.

Stelo
11-28-2014, 01:52 AM
Legit advice in bold. The crazy thing is you're doing it in dragon scale armour o.O, your prolly a beast tank :) upgrade to better armour and you'd be solid and in demand!

For crazy hard elites I use WM, Jugg, VB and HoR, have to say WM will put other skills on cool down. So amidst mayhem CS maybe a better option.

lol thank you! :D I'd say I'm pretty okay. :P The hardest boss I've ever fought was Marrow tho. Trying to tank him and potting the entire time is extremely difficult. It tends to wear out my fingers. ._. Also, I was considering changing to better armor, but Dragon Scale looks better than all the armor/vanity sets so I just decided to make do and it all worked out for the best! :]

Windmill was the exact skill I used the first time I started using that set, but the cool down was too long for me. I needed some quick aggro and it helped get the stray mobs get back to punching me!

Dex Scene
11-28-2014, 03:26 AM
I wasn't actually referring to Ravagerx. Seriously, I do know other warriors, and my statement was plural. Out of a dozen of the top warriors around, maybe 2 use jugg.
He is not one of the dozen of top warriors. He is a starter. Read my post Buddy

Dex Scene
11-28-2014, 03:30 AM
lol thank you! :D I'd say I'm pretty okay. :P The hardest boss I've ever fought was Marrow tho. Trying to tank him and potting the entire time is extremely difficult. It tends to wear out my fingers. ._. Also, I was considering changing to better armor, but Dragon Scale looks better than all the armor/vanity sets so I just decided to make do and it all worked out for the best! :]

Windmill was the exact skill I used the first time I started using that set, but the cool down was too long for me. I needed some quick aggro and it helped get the stray mobs get back to punching me!

Windmill has longer CD but has longer period to stay active too!!
A pro tank doesn't need windmill but for a starter, jugg hor and windmill helps alot for pure tanking and keeping the agros.

Serancha
11-28-2014, 03:36 AM
He is not one of the dozen of top warriors. He is a starter. Read my post Buddy

The builds used by the top warriors are used because they are the most effective and efficient. That's why I recommend what they use. Otherwise how is a startup warrior going to learn to use timing, placement and skills? You get used to what you use after all.

If you use a "beginner" build and get used to that, it becomes habit and becomes hard to change later on. Best to start as you mean to go on, in my opinion. A new player should not be running planar tombs in any case, but should start on manageable elites and learn their character that way first.

Dex Scene
11-28-2014, 03:48 AM
The builds used by the top warriors are used because they are the most effective and efficient. That's why I recommend what they use. Otherwise how is a startup warrior going to learn to use timing, placement and skills? You get used to what you use after all.

If you use a "beginner" build and get used to that, it becomes habit and becomes hard to change later on. Best to start as you mean to go on, in my opinion. A new player should not be running planar tombs in any case, but should start on manageable elites and learn their character that way first.
Are you sure a starter can keep all the aggros without jugg?
and are you sure Top worriors don't use jugg in elites?

Stelo
11-28-2014, 04:08 AM
Windmill has longer CD but has longer period to stay active too!!
A pro tank doesn't need windmill but for a starter, jugg hor and windmill helps alot for pure tanking and keeping the agros.

TRUE DAT! :D the reason i chose Chest Splitter instead of WM was because I needed the quick aggro for any stray mobs AND i have my Jugg/HoR just in case things get nasty. :P

Dex Scene
11-28-2014, 04:14 AM
TRUE DAT! :D the reason i chose Chest Splitter instead of WM was because I needed the quick aggro for any stray mobs AND i have my Jugg/HoR just in case things get nasty. :P
Nice nice. Cs is a great skill no doubt

extrapayah
11-28-2014, 04:34 AM
try this build:
3/5 chest splitter (+target and feeble)
5/5 windmill
5/5 horn of renew
5/5 vengeful blood
3/5 rally cry (move speed + duration) -> for parking use, use it at start of parking, then windmill to ensare quick enemies, vengeful blood when encountering crowded enemies, and lastly horn of renew when you're going to remap/die

passives:
5/5 str
5/5 crit
use the other 9 as you like, between combination of armor, dex and int, remember armor buff/debuff doesn't stack, so if you have armor type archon ring, you'll only get the highest percentage

be prepared to use a lot of potions, as my experience told me, this is the combination that can easily glue enemies to you + even bosses

why windmill over smash? windmill hits 3x4 per 7s, while smash hits 5 enemies per 4s, and on single enemies, it hits 4 times, per 7s, instead of 1 per 4s
why cs over smash or windmill? taunt, feeble, -> some bosses can 1 hit ko you if they critically hit you, spam cs, and you'll be safe

but yeah, windmill damage is low, compared to that of smash, and after casting windmill, all skill and attack are disabled for around 2s... which is quite some time... and of course this is not a popular build, but try it, and you'll know :P

Migzorille
11-29-2014, 04:42 AM
Gear

Weapons
Magmatic claymore of will
Conquistador shields

Helm
Ancient druid helm of will

Armor
Ancient druid helm of will

Ring
Archon rings

Amulet
Wild talisman of will
Sacred elondrian pendant of will

Pets
Littlebear
Abaddon
Prance
Ripmaw

Build
All str
CS,HoR,jugg,SS or WM

Iahwahska
11-29-2014, 09:55 AM
One little tip, Hellish Will sets have the exact same stats as Druid but tend to be much cheaper and look way cooler imo.

bossthetank
12-04-2014, 02:01 AM
Okay so here is what I'm going with for now. Idr my skillpoints exactly but I went with a 4 aggro skill and AT for the boss.

CS
(I like SS bc of the aoe but I use this bc of short cooldown and in case that aimed shot decides to crit and get attention to the rogue, I can hit it real quick and pull it back in)

WW
(I saw people talk bad about WW before and I think it's the 2nd most beneficial skill besides Jugg. You can use it and walk around a big mob grabbing aggro ffrom everyone)

Jugg
(In love with it now. Normal maps weren't hard enough for me to see the major effects of jugg like I do now :))

HoR
(Self explanatory)

AT (boss, swap with WW since CS has such a short CD)

Passives: Armor, Str, Dex, Will all full...
No dmg/crit bc pet bonus doesn't stack

Gear I bought gives me 6.5k health, 2.1k armor, and dmg is anywhere from 325 to 400 depending on pet.

Magma claymore of will
Necroptic Helm of assault
Ancient druid of potency
Archon ring of fatality
Eerie Amulet of potency?

Pets:
Little bear
Prance (my favorite, dunno why)
Blinky
kelvin (bosses)

I run elites efficiently and did planar for my first time the other day.
1st boss: 1 death
2nd: 26 first attempt, 3 second attempt
3rd: 0 times (had speed elix on from klaas)

Damage wars always talk down to me bc of my damage and being a "tank" but my parties appreciate me and have given me constructive feedback!! Thanks for all the input. ..

And JUGG is god!! Lmao

bossthetank
12-04-2014, 02:14 AM
And why shouldn't new players run planar serancha?? I'm new to this game but it isn't hard to get into and comprehend. I know you may not have been just talking about me.... but new players need experience and people never want to party with them/us bc they don't want a couple more deaths on their KDR that is already unreadable.

Xorrior
12-04-2014, 02:59 AM
Okay so here is what I'm going with for now. Idr my skillpoints exactly but I went with a 4 aggro skill and AT for the boss.

CS
(I like SS bc of the aoe but I use this bc of short cooldown and in case that aimed shot decides to crit and get attention to the rogue, I can hit it real quick and pull it back in)

WW
(I saw people talk bad about WW before and I think it's the 2nd most beneficial skill besides Jugg. You can use it and walk around a big mob grabbing aggro ffrom everyone)

Jugg
(In love with it now. Normal maps weren't hard enough for me to see the major effects of jugg like I do now :))

HoR
(Self explanatory)

Gear I bought gives me 6.5k health, 2.1k armor, and dmg is anywhere from 325 to 400 depending on pet.

Magma claymore of will
Ancient druid of potency
Archon ring of fatality
Eerie Amulet of potency?

Pets:
Little bear
Blinky
kelvin (bosses)

Damage wars always talk down to me bc of my damage and being a "tank" but my parties appreciate me and have given me constructive feedback!! Thanks for all the input. ..

And JUGG is god!! Lmao

Nice to hear :) I think the armour for warrior in Winter event will suit you. It is of assault type, and looks to have better stats.

debitmandiri
12-04-2014, 05:53 AM

CS

WW

Jugg

HoR
(Self explanatory)

Magma claymore of will
Ancient druid of potency
Archon ring of fatality
Eerie Amulet of potency?

Pets:
Little bear
Blinky
kelvin (bosses)

And JUGG is god!! Lmao

Whats ur ign ? I will add u to fl :)

Stelo
12-04-2014, 07:03 AM

CS

WW

Jugg

HoR
(Self explanatory)

Magma claymore of will
Ancient druid of potency
Archon ring of fatality
Eerie Amulet of potency?

Pets:
Little bear
Blinky
kelvin (bosses)

And JUGG is god!! Lmao

2.1k and you only have the eerie amulet? ;-; You should get yourself a Wild Talisman of Will which gives 138 armor. You'd have around 2.2k armor. LOL that's amazing. Btw, it's Braggadocio.

Xorrior
12-04-2014, 07:39 AM
@BosstheTank and Stelo (Braggadacio). Both you guys are legit warrs, with the gears that you have and you're actually doing elites and uber elites with a smile and a magmatic claymore O.O - you guys are way way better than me :)

I don't think I could do planar tombs with a claymore :)

But I do think the way of the Tank is dying and being replaced by the Damage Warrior, I might do a post regarding that. Look at the winter gears for warr there's an assault but no will version. They stats of the bulwark clearly suggest it only will have one good season. Even STS have given up on a Tank. From what I can see regarding the new mythic amulet, you'd gain damage and lose armour o.O

Jirikjurasek
12-04-2014, 08:23 AM
Look at the winter gears for warr there's an assault but no will version.
Fitness version gives Dex instead of Int, which is far better. I will go for that.

From what I can see regarding the new mythic amulet, you'd gain damage and lose armour o.O
Lose armor but gain huge amout of HP, be thankful.

In bold

Xorrior
12-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Xorrior
Fitness version gives Dex instead of Int, which is far better. I will go for that.

From what I can see regarding the new mythic amulet, you'd gain damage and lose armour o.O

In bold
[posted by Jirikjurasek]
--------

Thanks for your rather obnoxious post.

You prefer fitness over will, it has other trade offs, but that's your choice. I prefer will of course but as that doesn't exist, I shall be forced into either assault or fitness, if I want my warrior to progress.

Armour acts like a damage reduction buffer. I've seen warriors with huge HP and very low armour and their health drained in an instant. Read the thread regarding armour and specifically what the Dev says and how it benefits, especially with Singe by your side.

Any way you have taken my comments out of context via cut and paste. They where part of a discussion regarding the death of a Tank as we know it, and how the warriors and seemingly STS are focusing on extreme health and damage. Try to understand the discussion in hand before commenting and doing a hack n slash job at cut and paste.

Stelo
12-04-2014, 12:20 PM
@BosstheTank and Stelo (Braggadacio). Both you guys are legit warrs, with the gears that you have and you're actually doing elites and uber elites with a smile and a magmatic claymore O.O - you guys are way way better than me :)

But I do think the way of the Tank is dying and being replaced by the Damage Warrior, I might do a post regarding that. Look at the winter gears for warr there's an assault but no will version. They stats of the bulwark clearly suggest it only will have one good season. Even STS have given up on a Tank. From what I can see regarding the new mythic amulet, you'd gain damage and lose armour o.O

Haha thank you! I doubt I'm better than you though. The main reason I stay alive is because I spam a lot of pots lol. As for going in uber elites, I do change into my perfect Conquerer's Potency along with the Dragon Scale Security version for max armor against bosses. I may buy an Archon ring as well, so I can have armor bonuses on each piece of gear I have.

You should start a topic about that actually. I'd like to see what all the other warriors including the pros will say about it. Also, I'd like to get myself a DMG set as well, BUT stay with the Dragon Scale gear at the same time. I've been saving up for an Ollerus' Maul tho. THAT weapon makes you look sexy. Nuff

Xorrior
12-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Haha thank you! I doubt I'm better than you though. The main reason I stay alive is because I spam a lot of pots lol. As for going in uber elites, I do change into my perfect Conquerer's Potency along with the Dragon Scale Security version for max armor against bosses. I may buy an Archon ring as well, so I can have armor bonuses on each piece of gear I have.

You should start a topic about that actually. I'd like to see what all the other warriors including the pros will say about it. Also, I'd like to get myself a DMG set as well, BUT stay with the Dragon Scale gear at the same time. I've been saving up for an Ollerus' Maul tho. THAT weapon makes you look sexy. Nuff

LOL you and your dragonscale gear!!!! As you can see from the most recent reply, armour and tanking attributes are not very welcome :) It is quite clear that certain guilds and individuals frown upon a tanky warrior and would rather prefer a warrior with dex basically simulating a rogue!!!! I did make an armour thread and a DEV gave huge insight into it. Where he clearly stated that armour in the long run is beneficial and with 4% damage reduction, you literally become an armoured tank!

I can't find the thread in the forum, but I think it's called 'How does armour work'.

The trick with armour is that small increments do nothing! I was building up my armour towards 2800, and perhaps towards 3k even, given the right gear, but alas no, unless somehow I can get my hands on the Dark Crystal of Will set. I doubt I'll ever will, it drops like a very rare lottery wheel spin, which I find rather disappointing and has outlandish price tag due to these rare lottery drops. Both beyond my luck and beyond the reach of my wallet, sad to say.

So thus continuing on a sad note, being denied to improve your toon based on rare loopy lottery dips, I do find rather upsetting. If only dungeon hunter 4 wasn't so solo based, hay-hum!

Dex Scene
12-04-2014, 02:44 PM
2.1k and you only have the eerie amulet? ;-; You should get yourself a Wild Talisman of Will which gives 138 armor. You'd have around 2.2k armor. LOL that's amazing. Btw, it's Braggadocio.
Tarlok ring will make sweet combo with that wild talis for crazy armor :D

Stelo
12-04-2014, 06:23 PM
LOL you and your dragonscale gear!!!! As you can see from the most recent reply, armour and tanking attributes are not very welcome :) It is quite clear that certain guilds and individuals frown upon a tanky warrior and would rather prefer a warrior with dex basically simulating a rogue!!!! I did make an armour thread and a DEV gave huge insight into it. Where he clearly stated that armour in the long run is beneficial and with 4% damage reduction, you literally become an armoured tank!

I can't find the thread in the forum, but I think it's called 'How does armour work'.

The trick with armour is that small increments do nothing! I was building up my armour towards 2800, and perhaps towards 3k even, given the right gear, but alas no, unless somehow I can get my hands on the Dark Crystal of Will set. I doubt I'll ever will, it drops like a very rare lottery wheel spin, which I find rather disappointing and has outlandish price tag due to these rare lottery drops. Both beyond my luck and beyond the reach of my wallet, sad to say.

So thus continuing on a sad note, being denied to improve your toon based on rare loopy lottery dips, I do find rather upsetting. If only dungeon hunter 4 wasn't so solo based, hay-hum!

Ah, I get what you mean and I've seen that forum before. I think it said for every 1% DMG Reduction you get 21 armor? Not sure though since they said it depends on the mob.

As for getting the Dark Crystal sets, it's best to just keep running Planar Tombs over and over to have enough fragments in order to buy the Will recipes. :P The ingots are in the CS anyway although they are pretty pricey. ;-;

Stelo
12-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Tarlok ring will make sweet combo with that wild talis for crazy armor :D

Tarlok ring? .-. Never seen one before and it's not selling in the CS. Mind posting a SS?

Xorrior
12-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Tarlok ring? .-. Never seen one before and it's not selling in the CS. Mind posting a SS?

Archon of Fatality (cheap version). Huge armour boost along with wild talisman.

Xorrior
12-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Ah, I get what you mean and I've seen that forum before. I think it said for every 1% DMG Reduction you get 21 armor? Not sure though since they said it depends on the mob.

As for getting the Dark Crystal sets, it's best to just keep running Planar Tombs over and over to have enough fragments in order to buy the Will recipes. :P The ingots are in the CS anyway although they are pretty pricey. ;-;

It was equated somehow the total damage reduction relating to variables discussed by the Dev could be equivalent to 40% or so, can't quite remember. I'd rather have that - don't you think ?

Armour recipes and ingots are obtainable, but the base armour is another story! Unless you have the moolah to buy it from someone lucky enough to have looted it. Think about it, what sense does it make to tell player base armour is in these chests and yet they hardly drop and when they do you open them and find constant trash. Oh well. I'm not a Dev so they know best, I suppose.

I'm starting to sound like a grumpy old man, damn flu!

Dex Scene
12-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Archon of Fatality (cheap version). Huge armour boost along with wild talisman.

Lmao yes i meant Archon ring not tarlok... lol.
The 2.5% armor of archon is awesome. You cant see the armor boost inspecting stats from cs untill you wear it.

Jirikjurasek
12-05-2014, 12:55 AM
It wasnīt obnoxious, donīt be angry when someone has different opinion.
You prefer fitness over will, it has other trade offs, but that's your choice. I prefer will of course but as that doesn't exist, I shall be forced into either assault or fitness, if I want my warrior to progress.
You will be forced to fitness version. I was forces to will version few years. For tanking purpose Dexterity is win (dodge, crit, dmg).
Armour acts like a damage reduction buffer. I've seen warriors with huge HP and very low armour and their health drained in an instant.
And I have seen warriors with huge armor with their HP drained by instand. Armor and HP are not all tanking know-how. If you stand on one point during big pulls, even huge HP and armor donīt save you.
Read the thread regarding armour and specifically what the Dev says and how it benefits, especially with Singe by your side.
I did. this pet bonus isnīt "armor" bonus, but "damage reduction" bonus. More damage you get, more damage will be reduced. It has nothing to do with armor.

Any way you have taken my comments out of context via cut and paste. They where part of a discussion regarding the death of a Tank as we know it, and how the warriors and seemingly STS are focusing on extreme health and damage. Try to understand the discussion in hand before commenting and doing a hack n slash job at cut and paste.
see below

For your pleasure Iīll comment your full post, but I dont see relation between other sentences which you write:

But I do think the way of the Tank is dying and being replaced by the Damage Warrior, I might do a post regarding that.
Why do you think? Before Tindrin elites tank was useless and just slow down runs. Sinde Tindrin ppl sometimes looking for tank. You canīt deny a little progress.
They stats of the bulwark clearly suggest it only will have one good season.
Compare shield weapon lvl 36 with shield weapon lvl 41. Compare lvl 41 with Bulwark. Its stats can be overcome only if new shield mythic will be released. Of course it has awful proc, so in my eyes its useless even now, its advantages are only HP and armor and these will stay the best for another season.
Even STS have given up on a Tank.
I donīt think so. If they give up with tank they didnīt released Bulwark. They just donīt know that tank in this game should support damage when tank himself canīt do dmg. You can buy Maul. Its proc is definitely what tank must have.

Stelo
12-05-2014, 02:57 AM
It was equated somehow the total damage reduction relating to variables discussed by the Dev could be equivalent to 40% or so, can't quite remember. I'd rather have that - don't you think ?

Armour recipes and ingots are obtainable, but the base armour is another story! Unless you have the moolah to buy it from someone lucky enough to have looted it. Think about it, what sense does it make to tell player base armour is in these chests and yet they hardly drop and when they do you open them and find constant trash. Oh well. I'm not a Dev so they know best, I suppose.

I'm starting to sound like a grumpy old man, damn flu!

40%? As in that's the max total damage reduction you can obtain or that's how much it adds to your total armor? ;-; I'd be an iron wall then! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ah, that's the thing with AL that I found out concerning these chest drops. It's either you win big or go home. That's why I decided I'd never open locks/chests UNLESS my income is faster than my outcome in which case I'll pop open a few. Most I've ever gotten in locks were Fang/Lunar and 100 plat/25k gold. That's just from my experience though. Some people can just get lucky right off the bat.

Dex Scene
12-05-2014, 02:58 AM
IT IS NOT ARMOR BONUS IT IS "damage reduction bonus". MORE DAMAGE YOU GET, MORE DAMAGE WILL BE REDUCED. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ARMOR.

Lol!!
Damage reduction has everything to do with Armor!
Armor sets the damage reduction %

Without going into too much detail, the general concept of armor in Arcane Legends is the more you have the better your damage reduction is. A very simplistic example would be something like if you had 0 armor and a level 12 mob hits you for 100 damage, you take 100 damage. If you have 341 armor in this scenario, behind the scenes we determine for your level that 341 armor is roughly 22% damage reduction, and thus you would take 78 instead. There are many other variables involved, but that's the general idea. As a wrrior tank, you probably want a lot of armor :)

I feel compelled to mention these numbers are fabricated for the sake of pointing out the general idea of how armor works in Arcane, and has no bearing on our actual calculations.

Stelo
12-05-2014, 02:59 AM
Lmao yes i meant Archon ring not tarlok... lol.
The 2.5% armor of archon is awesome. You cant see the armor boost inspecting stats from cs untill you wear it.

yea, I heard that 2.5% is actually 93 armor no matter what? o:

Dex Scene
12-05-2014, 03:16 AM
yea, I heard that 2.5% is actually 93 armor no matter what? o:
Yes around 90 ish armor which is great... and if you get grand blood in level 41 ring, you get great hp and damage too

Jirikjurasek
12-05-2014, 03:23 AM
Lol!!
Damage reduction has everything to do with Armor!
Armor sets the damage reduction %

Read the thread regarding armour and specifically what the Dev says and how it benefits, especially with Singe by your side.
I did. this pet bonus isnīt "armor" bonus, but "damage reduction" bonus. More damage you get, more damage will be reduced. It has nothing to do with armor.
I was reacting on Singe damage bonus

In this case you maybe want to quote this paragraph:

As for Singe, yes 4% damage reduction is fairly large. Its one of those things that when you're in the know is quite a huge benefit, but without all the knowledge may look like a trivial stat. If your overall damage reduction is 50%, that 4% accounts for about 8% of your total armor. Nothing to scoff at!

Xorrior
12-05-2014, 05:28 AM
Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek

I was reacting on Singe damage bonus

-----------

That quoted paragraph regarding Dev is exactly what I'm trying to say, and why armour is important but yet being ebbed away. I never quoted singe as being an armour boost. Please read my posts carefully. What Dev is saying if your armour deflects 50% of mob attacks, Singe with it's 4% reduction is a delicious commodity to have, so armour in the long run is worth having. These stated factors will give you a greater chance to survive and absorb mob damage as a tank. Hence my issue with assault and fitness gear! How many tanks do you know now that are actually doing elites in fitness gear!!!! Yet that is the one you favour! Give me ..of will...gear anyday.

Xorrior
12-05-2014, 05:55 AM
Originally Posted by Xorrior : bold replies by Jirikjurasek, italics replies by moi.

It was obnoxious, not angry with your opinion.

You will be forced to fitness version. I was forces to will version few years. For tanking purpose Dexterity is win (dodge, crit, dmg).
So you want tanks to have rogue attributes, damage is not a tanks job, you do not clearly understand the role of the tank.

Armour acts like a damage reduction buffer. I've seen warriors with huge HP and very low armour and their health drained in an instant.
And I have seen warriors with huge armor with their HP drained by instand. Armor and HP are not all tanking know-how. If you stand on one point during big pulls, even huge HP and armor donīt save you.
No pro tank in their right mind stands in one place it is tanking 101.

Read my post carefully, I didn't say it was damage boost! We all know it's damage reduction! With high armour it is nothing to be scoffed at, as the Dev says.

Xorrior
12-05-2014, 06:19 AM
Further replies....

But I do think the way of the Tank is dying and being replaced by the Damage Warrior, I might do a post regarding that.
Why do you think? Before Tindrin elites tank was useless and just slow down runs. Sinde Tindrin ppl sometimes looking for tank. You canīt deny a little progress.
Tanks are slower, that's no rocket science, you don't get speed runs with a tank. People are mostly looking for rogues, you know those guys with dex,crit,dps and damage, something you want to be as a warrior. Turning one class into another is not progress.

If fitness gear is as wonderful as you say, do you use it now in elites!

They stats of the bulwark clearly suggest it only will have one good season.
Compare shield weapon lvl 36 with shield weapon lvl 41. Compare lvl 41 with Bulwark. Its stats can be overcome only if new shield mythic will be released. Of course it has awful proc, so in my eyes its useless even now, its advantages are only HP and armor and these will stay the best for another season.
You just kinda agreed on what I said - one good season - so what is your point?

Even STS have given up on a Tank.
I donīt think so. If they give up with tank they didnīt released Bulwark. They just donīt know that tank in this game should support damage when tank himself canīt do dmg. You can buy Maul. Its proc is definitely what tank must have.
They released Bulwark and look at the threads that criticised it's usefulness when it first came out, then they buffed it and gave it a mage curse! Then they nerfed it! Tank does not support damage, mage and rogues do! You simply cannot comprehend the term 'tank' - damage is for wannabe rogue warriors not tanks. You want dex, crit, damage you're obviously in the wrong class.

I'd be thankful if my armour stops being reduced with advent of new gears, I spent ages building it up and it just gets knocked down like a house of cards, I'm proud of my armour and how it has bailed me out many times. If I want huge HP, I can easily go for elond perf gemmed gear!

Xorrior
12-05-2014, 06:34 AM
Oh and can someone show me how to post multiple quotes in a post, looks like I'm going to be arguing with this wannabe rogue for a while, dex and crit for a tank *rolls eyes*.
Comparing apples to oranges my friends, apples to oranges *sigh*.

Jirikjurasek
12-05-2014, 06:34 AM
That quoted paragraph regarding Dev is exactly what I'm trying to say, and why armour is important but yet being ebbed away. I never quoted singe as being an armour boost. Please read my posts carefully. I read, you donīt. I react on Dex Scene

What Dev is saying if your armour deflects 50% of mob attacks, Singe with it's 4% reduction is a delicious commodity to have, so armour in the long run is worth having. Carapace said something different. He compare Singe with some reduction value. But only FOR EXAMPLE.

These stated factors will give you a greater chance to survive and absorb mob damage as a tank. Hence my issue with assault and fitness gear! How many tanks do you know now that are actually doing elites in fitness gear!!!! Yet that is the one you favour! Give me ..of will...gear anyday.
Old fitness version has Int as primary stat, dex as secondary stat and EXACTLY THE SAME ARMOR AS WILL. In this event they change concept of fitness, so FITNESS = WILL, just Int is replaced by Dex. Thats mean more dodge if you want simplify that.

Originally Posted by Xorrior : bold replies by Jirikjurasek, italics replies by moi.

This post IS obnoxious, because you made exactly what you dont want to I do. Get piece of my post out of concept!

So you want tanks to have rogue attributes, damage is not a tanks job, you do not clearly understand the role of the tank.
If you look carefully I wrote dodge as first bonus. I can explain why: because its the main benefit for my as tank. Crit and dmg is secondary bonus, which HELP a bit. You are fighting for Will version. In fact you said that MANA > DODGE + CRIT + DMG. Allow me to be a bit arrogant and say, that YOU dont understand the role of tank

I dont know what PRO TANK mean and actualy I really dont care. But one thing I know for sure. If you stand in the middle of BIG pull and just stand on one point, you can just spam pots and rely on skills which hits RANDOM targets you are only one who absolutely dont know anything about tactic or strategy.

Read my post carefully, I didn't say it was damage boost! We all know it's damage reduction! .
Again, YOU shoud read more cerefully. I didnt say anything from this.

With high armour it is nothing to be scoffed at, as the Dev says
[B]Fault!

Jirikjurasek
12-05-2014, 06:37 AM
Oh and can someone show me how to post multiple quotes in a post, looks like I'm going to be arguing with this wannabe rogue for a while, and try to teach him that a tank is not a rogue and does not require rogue type attributes. Apples and oranges, my friends, apples and oranges *sigh*.

Reply With Quote on first post, ctrl+c.
Reply With Quote on second post, ctrl+v

Iīm free for open my mind, but you shoud be prepare for open yours too

Xorrior
12-05-2014, 06:46 AM
Reply With Quote on first post, ctrl+c.
Reply With Quote on second post, ctrl+v

Iīm free for open my mind, but you shoud be prepare for open yours too

Im using an iPad ctrl + c and ctrl + v... Looks like I have to requote you going in circles

Xorrior
12-05-2014, 07:02 AM
That quoted paragraph regarding Dev is exactly what I'm trying to say, and why armour is important but yet being ebbed away. I never quoted singe as being an armour boost. Please read my posts carefully. I read, you donīt. I react on Dex scene.
Then clarify your posts you're very confusing.

What Dev is saying if your armour deflects 50% of mob attacks, Singe with it's 4% reduction is a delicious commodity to have, so armour in the long run is worth having. Carapace said something different. He compare Singe with some reduction value. But only FOR EXAMPLE.
The thread was about how armour works and he gave that figure as an example, what other thing was he talking about then ?

These stated factors will give you a greater chance to survive and absorb mob damage as a tank. Hence my issue with assault and fitness gear! How many tanks do you know now that are actually doing elites in fitness gear!!!! Yet that is the one you favour! Give me ..of will...gear anyday.
Old fitness version has Int as primary stat, dex as secondary stat and EXACTLY THE SAME ARMOR AS WILL. In this event they change concept of fitness, so FITNESS = WILL, just Int is replaced by Dex. Thats mean more dodge if you want simplify that.
Your talking as if that dodge/dex attribute is the be all and end all of tanking. I totally disagree. In that case why don't you see tanks running around with dodge pets ? Or putting skill points in dex ?

Xorrior
12-05-2014, 07:19 AM

This post IS obnoxious, because you made exactly what you dont want to I do. Get piece of my post out of concept!

I haven't got a clue what you're trying to say here, apart from it being childish reply.
-----

If you look carefully I wrote dodge as first bonus. I can explain why: because its the main benefit for my as tank. Crit and dmg is secondary bonus, which HELP a bit. You are fighting for Will version. In fact you said that MANA > DODGE + CRIT + DMG. Allow me to be a bit arrogant and say, that YOU dont understand the role of tank

So all these tanks doing elites and planar content in will gear do not understand the role of a tank then ? But yet you who is frothing in the mouth for dodge/dex and damage knows it all!!!!
--------

I dont know what PRO TANK mean and actualy I really dont care. But one thing I know for sure. If you stand in the middle of BIG pull and just stand on one point, you can just spam pots and rely on skills which hits RANDOM targets you are only one who absolutely dont know anything about tactic or strategy.

First of all you're insinuating - don't stand in one point as it drains hp and armour doesn't save you, then you're saying do???? And then you say I don't know how to tank! Yet you never seen me tank, and yet I've tanked for members of your guild in pug and they had no complaints!
-----------

Read my post carefully, I didn't say it was damage boost! We all know it's damage reduction! .
Again, YOU shoud read more cerefully. I didnt say anything from this.

I meant you referring that I was implying armour boost not damage. Edit word damage with armour. Boost simply another term for bonus, which I use.
-----------------

With high armour it is nothing to be scoffed at, as the Dev says
Fault!

Thread was in regards to armour and nothing else, one clearly takes the example figure as a measurement of armour. The term 'nothing to be scoffed at' was an implication of what the Dev said.

Litheus
12-05-2014, 07:56 AM
My stats are -
SKILLS
Skyward smash : 3/5 (not area and mana return)
Windmill : 3/5 (no area and snare)
Axe throw : 4/5 (all except the one that makes opp feeble)
Juggernaut : 4/5 (all except taunt enemies)
Vengeful blood : 5/5
Horn of renew : 3/5 (all except area n taunt)

PASSIVES
Shield : 5/5
Might : 5/5
Dexterity : 4/5
Mana : 4/5

I have to respec now n unlock taunt in horn of renew because it is important. Most of the time if i go with a mage the mobs tend to attack the mage first even if i attack the mobs first. I am going to take down one point from dexterity n use it on taunt.

Xorrior
12-05-2014, 07:59 AM
My stats are -
SKILLS

PASSIVES

I have to respec now n unlock taunt in horn of renew because it is important. Most of the time if i go with a mage the mobs tend to attack the mage first even if i attack the mobs first. I am going to take down one point from dexterity n use it on taunt.

Axe throw go for the feeble! You can afford to lose VB crit skill. Horn is 5/5. Jugg taunt may save that poor blue smurf.

Litheus
12-05-2014, 08:02 AM
My gears are -
Weapon - Magmatic Claymore Of Assault Lv41 (full blood gem)
Helmet - Planar Gladiator Helm Of Will Lv40
Armour - Magma Plate Of Assault Lv41 (full super blood gem)
Ring - Stone Loop Of Potency
Chain - Amulet Of Doom (full blood gem)

Pets-
Grimm and Blinky mainly

Litheus
12-05-2014, 08:10 AM

Litheus
12-05-2014, 08:11 AM
thanks

Stelo
12-05-2014, 08:15 AM
My stats are -
SKILLS

PASSIVES

nice set up there, but after testing how much Dex gives to your character, I can say that it's not really worth it. 5 DEX = 15 HP. that means you'd only have an extra 60 HP. Still a good set up though, nonetheless! ^_^

Xorrior
12-05-2014, 08:17 AM

I would like to see SS with Prance or lil bear :)

Sorry you have blinky and Grimm, post SS with blinky.

Xorrior
12-05-2014, 08:25 AM
My gears are -
Weapon - Magmatic Claymore Of Assault Lv41 (full blood gem)
Helmet - Planar Gladiator Helm Of Will Lv40
Armour - Magma Plate Of Assault Lv41 (full super blood gem)
Ring - Stone Loop Of Potency
Chain - Amulet Of Doom (full blood gem)

Pets-
Grimm and Blinky mainly

Depending on your budget your stats can be vastly improved, especially replacing ring and helm. If you have a tight budget supergem gear yourself. In event go for gold tier and get Yowie pet. To save gold just rotate pets.

Good luck :)

Litheus
12-05-2014, 08:46 AM
i respec after asking from a player called Hell...he said we need dexterity also

Litheus
12-05-2014, 08:56 AM

Jirikjurasek
12-05-2014, 10:02 AM
#Xorrior: I quit our argue. You absolutely dont know what Im talking about. I will only add one thing as simple as I can and I hope it would be simply enought even for you:
-when you get "Will" version of armor and instead of "Inteligence" put "Dexterity", you will have piece of armor which a bit better than old one.

For all your post above: you are ignotant and your explanation of my words are absolutely wrong. Go to sleep and read this tomorrow, maybe you will be able to understand.

Appeltjes
12-05-2014, 10:05 AM
#Xorrior: I quit our argue. You absolutely dont know what Im talking about. I will only add one thing as simple as I can and I hope it would be simply enought even for you:
-when you get "Will" version of armor and instead of "Inteligence" put "Dexterity", you will have piece of armor which a bit better than old one.

For all your post above: you are ignotant and your explanation of my words are absolutely wrong. Go to sleep and read this tomorrow, maybe you will be able to understand.

Having seen your pm to one of my guildies and the discussion you have had here it seems that you don't know anything or close to nothing about elites, you are rude and you seem to lack of game knowledge.

Xorrior
12-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek

------

Having seen your pm to one of my guildies and the discussion you have had here it seems that you don't know anything or close to nothing about elites, you are rude and you seem to lack of game knowledge.

It seems that instead of giving advice which this thread is about. He decides to have personal agenda towards members of Enigmatic guild (that PM was insulting, without understanding nature of clip, and another personal dig at me lol).

I have not seen this person give any decent words of advice here to others except trying to jump on my posts, and as you can read his above post that is clearly obnoxious - my very first point. This is not the first time he obnoxiously has tried to gate crash my posts, hence my staunch replies.

My apologies to all others on this thread, as I know you guys are willing to develop yourselves as able bodied warriors. I'm normally ignorant to such posts. We as ENIGMATICS are here to inspire and help. I hope mod does not come in to clean this thread! Please leave all posts, thank you.

Jirikjurasek
12-05-2014, 02:32 PM

:vlol:
If you really see that PM you know there are more than one advice and if you deny them, its your fight :-)
One note to that PM: In answer on my PMwas that videos is only for guild purpose. Bullsh*t! You postit to the General Discussion so its in public, dont forget on that.

Xorrior made only one thing: change meaning of all what I say. Thats a good reason to be rude and I dont have reason to appologize.

Enjoy the game and dont stay out of progress

Xorrior
12-05-2014, 02:57 PM
:vlol:
If you really see that PM you know there are more than one advice and if you deny them, its your fight :-)
One note to that PM: In answer on my PMwas that videos is only for guild purpose. Bullsh*t! You postit to the General Discussion so its in public, dont forget on that.

Xorrior made only one thing: change meaning of all what I say. Thats a good reason to be rude and I dont have reason to appologize.

Enjoy the game and dont stay out of progress

You are now derailing this thread with hate for all to see and you admit being deliberately rude. ENIGMATICS always enjoy the game. Re: video, yes we not only denied your advice but also laughed at it. Commenting on something beyond your understanding is laughable. Sad to say you're going to get the thread locked hating on Enigmatics.

DON'T BE A HATER, BE AN ENIGMA!

P.S let me give you advice, post something on your guild thread it's dead down there! We can hear crickets and see tumbleweeds cascading by. As an officer how can you allow that to happen!

I am going to leave it at this, and let the community read your continuous vitriol against our guild members. Sometimes we all need to laugh a bit.

TheMightyFeusalet
12-05-2014, 03:08 PM
hi jir,

here i am, all what you were saying in the pm you send me were pure nonsenses, you don't even play a rogue, and saying in pm that we ENIGMATICANS learning people wrong things made me laugh, we are a warm guild and we are accepting everyone how they are ,we are a big family. So dont say ever again that i can't post my own videos because things i were doing were extremely wrong ( in your opinion) and that I was learning people bad things on the forums!

Thanks and greetings your beloved friend Sceanateba
Have a great day, god bless you!

Jirikjurasek
12-05-2014, 04:12 PM
hi jir,

here i am, all what you were saying in the pm you send me were pure nonsenses, you don't even play a rogue, and saying in pm that we ENIGMATICANS learning people wrong things made me laugh, we are a warm guild and we are accepting everyone how they are ,we are a big family. So dont say ever again that i can't post my own videos because things i were doing were extremely wrong ( in your opinion) and that I was learning people bad things on the forums!

Thanks and greetings your beloved friend Sceanateba
Have a great day, god bless you!

To be clear, I dont have any problem with Enigmatic and it has to be only accident that two members of this guild say in public that I say something what isnīt true. You and Xorrior are liars. Read all my post and you see why I had argue with Xorrior. Personal message what are you talking about and what you have reported as offensive (lol?!) is below:

Hello,
I donīt want to be offensive and some ppl could say Im rude, so I write you a PM :-)
Video guide are great idea, but with one very big disadvantages: you can show mistakes to ppl and they can think its OK.
specifically:
Your damage output - during boss fight you shouldnīt charge aimed shot nor noxious. uncharged aim gain you continual critical bonus. I see you donīt use normal attack. All in all you lose HUGE amount of dmg. Also I dont know why you run all the time. When you stand behind boss its not necessary to move, you should focus on your dmg.
Tank - during bloodhammer fight I see your tank repeatedly heal boss. I donīt see any effort to avoid his attack. He only use stun pet when its arcane ability wasnīt on CD.

In the end you can make more mistakes than benefit. Kepp in mind that and donīt take this post offensive. Its just few notes what I see your video with Xorrior and Candykissed.

Have a nice day

Justfor note: I play rogue

TheMightyFeusalet
12-05-2014, 04:25 PM
To be clear, I dont have any problem with Enigmatic and it has to be only accident that two members of this guild say in public that I say something what isnīt true. You and Xorrior are liars. Read all my post and you see why I had argue with Xorrior. Personal message what are you talking about and what you have reported as offensive (lol?!) is below:

Your gf plays rogue, you play war... boy boy i have been in er for a long time
Btw thanks for calling us liars we learned it from master jirik :

Justfor note: I play rogue

Btw thanks for calling us liars we learned it from master jirik :*

Kisses scea :*

Jirikjurasek
12-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Btw thanks for calling us liars we learned it from master jirik :*

Kisses scea :*

Are yousure you want this?

Appeltjes
12-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Are yousure you want this?

Lol a maul user on a tanking advice thread...

Jirikjurasek
12-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Lol a maul user on a tanking advice thread...

*sigh* What weapon do you suggest to me? Im able to survive with this and its proc is the best of the best for rogues/mages damage support and for their surviveability.
I have a riddle for you:
What rogue/mage survive boss red zone attack?
a) That rogue/mage who have healfrom Bulwark
b) That rogue/mage who has Maul user in party and boss is stunned and cant finishred zone attack

Solution: b)

Visiting
12-05-2014, 04:51 PM
*sigh* What weapon do you suggest to me? Im able to survive with this and its proc is the best of the best for rogues/mages damage support and for their surviveability.
I have a riddle for you:
What rogue/mage survive boss red zone attack?
a) That rogue/mage who have healfrom Bulwark
b) That rogue/mage who has Maul user in party and boss is stunned and cant finishred zone attack

Solution: b)
I believe he was making a point of the fact that, the Maul of Ollerus is a lvl 31 wrapon that is more for PVP/Dmg tanks than a straight tanking weapon like a Bulwark...

Stelo
12-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Xorrior for president. (y)